Kendrick Lamar "rappers need to stop talkin bout mollies"

most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
69 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
261 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #141
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5697 5697
 CMar22 said:
This has got the be one of the most insane and hilarious things I've ever read on this site. Not only is did this dude just name some of the worst comercial rappers I've ever heard but he called 2006 an "era".

It's cool that you like the music you like but you can't honestly say that 2006 had the best rap music if you never actually listened to the albums that came out 20 years before it. You can have your opinion but don't throw it around like it's a fact.

Also if you wan't to talk about "commercial" appeal. Try checking how much albums from 1992 -2002 the top rappers sold and compare that to 2003"-2013
Im talkin bout the direction music was goin! 2006 was a time of NO flops and when music for my age group, im 26, was supported more. U must be a hiphop head who think a talib or krs can last in music today. And im talkin mainstream songs, not super lyrical sh*t. n*ggas played the radio more, watched 106 and park etc. Songs like shoulder lean, what u kno about dat, its goin down, hustlin, ridin dirty, body rock, zoom, gittin some, shawty, fireman, run it, gimme dat, gold digger, buy u a drank, even that snap sh*t. And of course albums sold more back then.... Internet downloading is in effect now. Songs like that made the radio better. No one was copyin no one. All the beats were differently produced. There were anthems. And n*ggas was making good SONGS, HITS. fu*k the lyrics. Show a kid a music vid from 1992, then show them one from 2006 and see what lifestyle they would rather live. Yea dmx sold 5 mill n 2000-- but 50 sold 11 in 2003--. 2006 started that theme of MAKE HITS HITS HITS. Mos def would implode if he had to face the 12 year old critics today. He wouldnt last. Only full rappers makin money from 92- 2002 is eminem, wayne, and jay. 3 mothafu*kin artist. peace. Im done with this thread. Im not commenting again. Peace.
 5 years ago '12        #142
5E8FW 
space
space
space
$7,670 | Props total: 4178 4178
 CMar22 said:
Why are you dumb n*ggas getting upset about this anyway. This is rap music. It's supposed to be defiant and anti authority. It's not the cause of any generation being worse then the one before it. Rap reflects the society we live in not the other way around. I think Kendrick was just stating that it sounded corny now because all of a sudden it's in every damn song now.

In the end the great rappers will live on and be remembered and the wack one hit wonders that lack substance will be forgotten.
This fu*ker said "dumb n*ggas." No the hell we're not. Not a "n*gga" nor "dumb." And who's really upset in here? Who?

And where are you from to fix your mouth type something like that? "Dumb n*ggas." Who says that?

Rap is supposed to be creative. And these molly popping f*ggots don't get a pass for being lazy and abusing the culture. Simple as that. Got it?
 5 years ago '04        #143
AER987 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,283 | Props total: 311 311
 Trelli3Matrix said:
Lmfao ur not against it , just not for the commercialization? So u might as well say ur not against r*pe, just dont make it popular in music. Or ur not against homocide....just keep it out of music. So which side are u on? Doing molly is cool? As long as its done in private?? U the typa dude that says suicide from a roofdrop is horrible...do that sh*t in ur house or in private. Commercialized or not, its still the same thing happening. U kno how many kids r k!lled but no one hears bout it? But Thats how it should b right??? Pick a side man.
Ur makin way too many a.ssumptions off that comment bruh, I'm actually not gonna bother with most of it cause its irrelevant.

Anyways i'm not against molly bc I'd be a hypocrite if I was, that sh*ts amazing if uve ever been to a rave, i've only done it twice and might do it one more time in Vegas this year. It does NOT mean I wanna hear it in these top 40 songs just bc a rapper who prob ain't ever popped one wants to go with the trend and be cool. I dunno about you, but for me, drugs and alcohol ain't about being "cool", even when I was in High School I smoked weed on the low. I could never stand the kids that would brag about it as if it made em cool, and that's how I'm lookin at these rappers talkin bout mollies or any other socially damaging subject matter they might glorify.

It might not be a rappers responsibility to raise the kids but why try to damage the youth more? It's gratifying to see a rapper who understands the influence he can have on ppl and take that power (yes...power) and put it to good use. Call me a hypocrite (cause I still smoke weed like a mo'fu*ka) but I love the fact that Kendrick and J. Cole stay adamant about how they don't like to smoke weed. Little things like that is what gives me hope that these mainstream artists aren't all puppets to the industry. These are the type of rappers we need to support, not these ignorant fu*king idiots like Gucci or Waka.
 05-28-2013, 01:29 AM         #144
loyola llothta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:
let me get this right

rappers talking bout "bang bang" and k!lling each other = cool

rappers talking bout selling boatloads of cocaine and hustling = cool

a rapper talks about taking a molly while partying = this is an injustice and whats wrong with rap
This

How do call someone else a sheep while on the other hand, you letting another rapper dictate how you think or feel about art. I despise when I hear someone say: 'if you just understood it, you would appreciate it.' Not necessarily... If you like something and it moves you in some way, that's wonderful. If not, move on to something that does. Never be afraid to say that you do or don't like something. Even if its a "masterpiece." Only you know what speaks to you and truly moves your soul...

rap about what the fu*k you want...how do you tell someone don't rap about a subject not to your liking or preference while your click and you jump on another person song rapping about it what type of logic is that

its like rapping about new slaves when your draped up “louie vuitton don” right? and want everyone to have “mercy” as in murcielgo? and infamously said ‘Lanvin thousand dollar Tees with no logos’ though... What do you call the people that helped lead the “New Slaves” into slavery? If people are slaves to “stuff” now, the n*ggas with the mics said buy it.

Last edited by loyola llothta; 05-28-2013 at 02:51 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #145
Deceiva 
space
space
space
$717 | Props total: 2 2
i dont understand how kendrick be saying this when he makes tracks about blazing green but claims he dont smoke
 5 years ago '04        #146
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
 NoahJordan said:
people act like molly is some new sh*t.... MDMA bin around for i dont know how long...

what about weed & alcohol.... that sh*ts addictive ... molly isnt addictive unless you weak as fu*kk
agreed. and weed is more lame.
 5 years ago '05        #147
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,829 | Props total: 3441 3441
 Impeccable said:

If he don't get banned for this
That the most racist thing you've heard on here? You call black people ******s and coons FFS!
 5 years ago '07        #148
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
im on the rappers should rap about whatever the fu*k they want wave but hey whatever.
 5 years ago '06        #149
LilBlasta 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,663 | Props total: 5 5
Smh at those dumb mothafu*kas in this thread saying weed or alcohol is worse than MDMA

Ain't that much wrong weed, far less cons than the rest of the drugs
 05-28-2013, 05:33 AM         #150
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree with him. It's not that other trends haven't been jumped on, but every once in a while it's a trend that is just so fu*king obvious that rappers are just spewing out just to be "down" it's annoying and corny. Mollies is one of those. It's like when Souljaboy blew up all them rappers started having dances with their songs. That sh*t was lame because we knew it was forced. I think the foundation of what he's saying is don't force trends in your music because it just makes the sh*t corny.

Another example is swag. Swag was cool sh*t until every fu*king body living thought they had so much swag. Haters was a fun word until every fu*king body living thought they had haters. The list is a mile long in hip-hop though, it's an inevitable evil.
 05-28-2013, 05:39 AM         #151
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Niruggg said:
don't be a pill head crooks…

n*ggas need to man-up, taking drugs is not some sh*t to brag about

don't get me wrong muthafu*ka always did drugs always will…but bragging about it

your fellow addict upset at the grammatical errors of his drug of choice

n*ggawhat
when
In the early 80's before crack hit....coke was the sh*t.....Melly Mel's white lines was the coke head anthem....and everybody was doing coke.....that until crack hit, and the focal became selling the dope as opposed to doing it......and then weed moved up and became the drug of choice in hip hop....thanks to the highly commercialized success of Dr. Dre"s.. The Chronic album.....now EVERYNODY smokes weed....and being a weed head is no longer s3xy in hiphop........at least not like it was in the 90's when regular was okay to smoke....before these dignified a.ss n*ggas started talking about all they smoke is loud and all tha ya us......I'm the 2000"s X replaced weed......and MDMA replaced X.....it's just the sign of the times........
 5 years ago '07        #152
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
I knew there would be paragraphs if this was 9 pages
 5 years ago '10        #153
Kool Aid 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,956 | Props total: 1990 1990
 SOCIALITE said:
I agree with him. It's not that other trends haven't been jumped on, but every once in a while it's a trend that is just so fu*king obvious that rappers are just spewing out just to be "down" it's annoying and corny. .
This.
 5 years ago '06        #154
LilBlasta 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,663 | Props total: 5 5
 AER987 said:
I love the fact that Kendrick and J. Cole stay adamant about how they don't like to smoke weed. Little things like that is what gives me hope that these mainstream artists aren't all puppets to the industry.
"In the studio I smoke weed. Socially, can’t do it. fu*ks me up. I’m too paranoid. I don’t really do it much at all, period. But if I’m feeling extra good, or if I need a different perspective, I smoke maybe a few times a year, just to give me a new outlook. I wish I could smoke. All my homeboys do—I wish I could smoke and just relax like them. I can’t. My mind is already on one thousand and that sh*t takes it to a million." - J. Cole

They all smoke, you'd be ignorant to think none of those rappers smoke and there is nothing wrong with smoking just weed.
 5 years ago '06        #155
vinceisallin 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,842 | Props total: 1755 1755
 Magnificent Phoenix said:
agreed. and weed is more lame.
Weed don't ruin your brain like pills do
 5 years ago '04        #156
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,775 | Props total: 842 842
How about these morons that put upside down crosses, and pentagrams and sh*t in their videos?

Rappers are becoming more and more like idiotic cartoon characters.
 5 years ago '04        #157
bigman_d_ 
space
space
$420 | Props total: 0 0
 KRCROOKSNY said:
Don't be a bi*ch K-Dot.
Basically..
 5 years ago '04        #158
eddiefizzle 133 heat pts133
space
space
$2,791 | Props total: 506 506
lol like black people knew anything about designer drugs before white people blessed them with knowledge stop hating on the people that gave you good sh*t like mollies in the first place.
 5 years ago '05        #159
blackninja 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,998 | Props total: 3512 3512
Preach K-Dot!
 5 years ago '04        #160
youngd 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$3,286 | Props total: 1085 1085
 Trelli3Matrix said:
U dont kno when cuz ur left behind. Times have changed. U got street n*ggas wearin holister and fitted jeans. A lot of sh*t that wasnt cool before is cool now. Black people goin to more white parties. Look at riri, look at JUICY fu*kIN J,look at chris brown... We bein accepted n that sh*t cuz we givin them music they can party too. Its real fun in white partys. No gun f!ghts, no shuttin sh*t down, the girls are game to suck a black man d!ck, it seems like everyones cool... Thats REAL fun. So of course blacks get on them drugs whites b on. We blendin culture. They LOVE our music. They ask us to party with them, we do their drugs, makes songs bout the experience. Simple. Learn.
my god man go find a tub of bleach your buggin kid
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago