Kendrick Lamar "rappers need to stop talkin bout mollies"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
169 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #101
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
$14,284 | Props total: 675 675
q & ab-soul be rappin bout that sh*t all the time tho
 05-27-2013, 06:11 PM         #102
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Trelli3Matrix said:
Music has different lanes. No one wants to hear intelligent songs all the time. Everyone likes a little ignorance sometimes. And in the 90s, music was all about k!lling and being a gangsta, that was the fad. That was the cool thing to do and it lasted for a long time. Who is k dot to put a stop clock on THIS new craze? Let it run its course. U have collections of artists who do different themes. I listen to keef when i want gutta savage sh*t. Eminem when i wanna laugh. Flocka when i want some trunk sh*t. Nas when i wanna listen to understand, tupac just n general, and chris brown when im wit a bi*ch. An artist doesnt have to have the entire package.u just listen to what category u want. Cant knock an artist's craft.
That was the fad? Word? Maybe those '90s dudes were actually from the streets, not the WB...

Wouldn't the entire package be a better artist than someone who only has one lane, one style? Kendrick is better than most artists in my opinion. Never heard 'keef' 'flocka' but I bet hes a hell of a lot better than those dudes.
 05-27-2013, 06:12 PM         #103
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DoubleD said:
bone thugs said they whole hood was fu*kin with beans in 99
That track "Ecstasy" is tight, you just reminded me its been a minute.

Those dudes might be weed and E addicts, I'll give you that haha.
 5 years ago '12        #104
hou12 
space
space
$6,622 | Props total: 844 844
 drama_king said:
q & ab-soul be rappin bout that sh*t all the time tho
extra pills!!!!
 5 years ago '12        #105
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5696 5696
 CutKidd21 said:
This.

and they are LATE AS fu*k

honestly 95% of these mainstream rappers are lame as fu*k/boring in real life and most are old as sh*t makin music about sh*t we were doing 5 years ago trying to be trendy

the older u get the more u realize these dudes are some lames with money
its just entertainment. What game designer or movie director do u kno whole live a superb roller coaster life?? Its just for our entertainment. Who wants to listen to boring sh*t? To sell, a person has to want to be u or wish they lived that crayz/fun/ life. Either that or be pac.
 05-27-2013, 06:17 PM         #106
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hou12 said:
extra pills!!!!
hahaha, 2 for the 10, n*gga got extra piiiills!

Ive been bumping that album non-stop, even though its not that great. The beats are pretty damn good I guess. That Kendrick verse is fire, hah.
 5 years ago '05        #107
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 Jacc Blacc said:
let me get this right

rappers talking bout "bang bang" and k!lling each other = cool

rappers talking bout selling boatloads of cocaine and hustling = cool

a rapper talks about taking a molly while partying = this is an injustice and whats wrong with rap
I was about to make a completely separate point.. but this n*gga dropped knowledge so real, Imma just give props and keep my mouth shut.
 5 years ago '12        #108
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
 Bob Sacamano said:
Longer. I did it for the first time probably 7 years ago and it was by no means brand new.

So is Kendrick making a moral point about the kids or what? Or is it just you guys in this thread doing that? Seems like KL is simply saying the whole MDMA culture is a played out fad, which is kinda true.
Its played out if no one is talkin bout it anymore and moved on to the new fad. A good example would b the fad of the snapbacks. That song even died. Molly aint played out if lots of people still talkin bout it. U cant put it in the category of timberland boots, girbauds, or baggy clothes. The fad is still running... And who cares how long ago u used it. Its n the mainstream now. Its new to the mainstream. So when is weed gettin played out? n*ggas just mad others r using the word molly cuz it sounds catchy and everyone is on it.
 5 years ago '09        #109
zreckman 
space
space
space
$578 | Props total: 272 272
 1LynguisticMind said:
thought it was white the folks always being late, catching on black people trends

White people invented it AND brought it mainstream with the EDM rave scene in the 80s and 90s...... black people just now late catching on....
 5 years ago '12        #110
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
 davon4204 said:
Well, the problem these days is that with this generation coming up now their parents aren't raising them. It's T.V. the whole media and with all the bullsh*t they have on now influences these kids more then anything. So a lot of videos with these rap artist and etc that they talk about does have an affect.
So k dot, lupe and many positive rappers will soon have that same influence right? Kids can find pr0n online. I'm sure they can find more positive music to listen to....hell, its more music than rap right?
Y don't they turn to that? Nothings forced on them they hunt for the negative
 5 years ago '12        #111
5E8FW 
space
space
space
$7,659 | Props total: 4169 4169
 Amen7 said:
Wasnt no every rapper talkin bout no cocaine cause of no Jayz,you east coast n*ggaz really over hype dude. He gets no play in the south or on the west coast. Only the east and you n*ggaz know that sh*t. Scarface and NWA and even Pac talked about selling cocaine way before Jayz.
Scarface is the godfather of that cocaine rap. And also placing mafia movie soundbites into tapes. Which a lot of rappers bit.

But Tupac never really rapped about selling cane. Only placement I know is 'Million Dollar Spot.'
 5 years ago '04        #112
dude36732 
space
space
$1,552 | Props total: 220 220
Racist as fu*k over here
 5 years ago '11        #113
Da Truth23 91 heat pts91
space
space
$5,064 | Props total: 2549 2549
Popped a my lee I'm sweating.. But Q rapping abou oxy well his past and made it into a story I should say
 05-27-2013, 08:28 PM         #114
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5E8FW said:

But Tupac never really rapped about selling cane. Only placement I know is 'Million Dollar Spot.'
Neither did N.W.A.

What is son talking about? West coast always been on some gang bangin sh*t, but that hustle powder rap is kinda what the East Coast is all about I dont know why hes hating.
 5 years ago '12        #115
purple waldo 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$415 | Props total: 160 160
To bad Mac Dre is dead. That dude would be all over that molly. I thought he became a stronger artist gone on that sh*t lol. Sad sh*t but he was da sh*t. He was a dope rapper when he was off that sh*t and became a more party type of artist on it. He for sure started the thizz sh*t back in the mid 2000's. That drug made mac dre rap about some amazing sh*t. Just think if mac dre was still a live. Oh man and he just signed a deal with MTV to do his own show. Oh man the bay would be huge right now. The bay area music has fallen off big of late. Everyone bumpin Wiz, Future, Juicy J, Cash Money & Rick Ross. Music is down hill overall but fu*k the bay fell the fu*k off. sh*t was hot when hyphy was around. I will always miss the old bay music like k!lla tay but bay fell off. Went a little off topic. Blunt will do that to ya, opps and i think i said sh*t like ten times. lol peace
 5 years ago '08        #116
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 397 397
Whoa rappers are talking about drugs now, what's next, guns and k!lling people?

05-27-2013, 09:31 PM         #117
jimflu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fukkin dead at people comparing saying weed is more dangerous than molly
 5 years ago '06        #118
Gd_UP 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 93 93
 hou12 said:
What makes you think that because a person smokes weed everyday that that's all they do? I know many (literally many) regular weed smokers, and not a single one is the type of person to just sit around and do nothing. All of them, as well as myself are all successful on some level, whether that be in college, their job, or the business that they run. It's 2013, the idea that regular weed smokers are lazy with no ambition is very stereotypical and (in my experience) largely incorrect.
THANK U.

Athletes, bankers, CEOs, etc smoke weed.

Why cant lazy people who smoke be just that. It's not cause and effect. being lazy and being a smoker are unrelated really.

Last edited by Gd_UP; 05-27-2013 at 10:05 PM..
 05-27-2013, 10:13 PM         #119
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jimflu said:
fukkin dead at people comparing saying weed is more dangerous than molly
Did someone actually say that?
 5 years ago '12        #120
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
 JWilliams said:
"Sometimes you have the trends that's not that cool," Kendrick said. "You may have certain artists portraying these trends and don't really have that lifestyle, and then it gives off the wrong thing. And it becomes kinda corny after a while."

I agree with that, period. I take that statement is exposing more than just molly talk, hence trendS.

Anybody hear what people call trap music now? And see the people claiming real trap sh*t?... Trap is a trend now, and it's gonna be ruined
Oh please, thats like fu*kin a hoe then after u have ur fun, sayin that hoes r bad for society. How come he did a song with drake?? A dude who raps about smokin, infidelity, drank, and maybe even pills?? Why is he on a song wit 2chainz?? Only certain artist do trap musik. U dont see taylor swift, justin beiber or shania twain askin southside for a beat. But i bet they would look for some weed or pills. Drugs is a lifestyle. Before the music. n*ggas been on pills and weed before rap. Its just that music now is more fun than it used to b. Partying is the forefront of fun. What do parties have?? Drugs and drinks. Rappers try to relate with the fanbase they have. If im a smoker, i bump wiz, trapper, bump flocka.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy