Kendrick Lamar "rappers need to stop talkin bout mollies"

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #81
DUCE 141 heat pts141
space
space
$10,551 | Props total: 537 537
 Jacc Blacc said:
let me get this right

rappers talking bout "bang bang" and k!lling each other = cool

rappers talking bout selling boatloads of cocaine and hustling = cool

a rapper talks about taking a molly while partying = this is an injustice and whats wrong with rap
slept on post..
 05-27-2013, 05:15 PM         #82
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DoubleD said:
both marijuana and mdma are addictive...

yes they are gentler then other drugs but c'mon now....and mental addiction isnt a joke its serious just like the physical is
I realize its no joke. Obesity isn't a joke either, feel me? So is you're point that every single drug is simply addictive by nature? That the fact that its a drug makes it addictive? I prefer 'habit-forming' for something like pot, which people who use might use often, but its also very easy to stop using.

MDMA really isn't addictive my man. Do you have any personal experience in this field? Thats what matters most, its a hard drug but that doesn't necessarily mean its addictive. Just like LSD isn't addictive either. Doesn't mean that both are not hard drugs that should be taken very seriously.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 05-27-2013 at 05:19 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #83
hou12 
space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 906 906
 Bob Sacamano said:
I realize its no joke. Obesity isn't a joke either, feel me? So is you're point that every single drug is simply addictive by nature? That the fact that its a drug makes it addictive? I prefer 'habit-forming' for something like pot, which people who use might use often, but its also very easy to stop using.

MDMA really isn't addictive my man. Do you have any personal experience in this field? Thats what matters most, its a hard drug but that doesn't necessarily mean its addictive. Just like LSD isn't addictive either.
And this has been my point the whole time. Just because a person likes to smoke weed, even regularly, it does not automatically mean this person is addicted. If this person really needed to stop, they would be able to.
 05-27-2013, 05:19 PM         #84
DoubleD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bob Sacamano said:

MDMA really isn't addictive my man. Do you have any personal experience in this field? Thats what matters most, its a hard drug but that doesn't necessarily mean its addictive. Just like LSD isn't addictive either.
LSD and shrooms,etc are different than recreational drugs like weed and alcohol and sh*t, I know people that felt the need to pop beans whenever they got the chance, people that trip understand that you dont trip everyday or even every other day, and the people that do it are obviously "off" atleast a little bit compared to someone that doesnt get intoxicated on a regular basis, same with everything else.

people that smoke,drink,trip,roll, or sit on there a.ss on the internet or play video games all day are fu*ked up in the head

Last edited by DoubleD; 05-27-2013 at 05:22 PM..
 05-27-2013, 05:28 PM         #85
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DoubleD said:
LSD and shrooms,etc are different than recreational drugs like weed and alcohol and sh*t, I know people that felt the need to pop beans whenever they got the chance, people that trip understand that you dont trip everyday or even every other day, and the people that do it are obviously "off" atleast a little bit compared to someone that doesnt get intoxicated on a regular basis, same with everything else.

people that smoke,drink,trip,roll, or sit on there a.ss on the internet or play video games all day are fu*ked up in the head
That is a pretty large group of people you just slandered. Some bad experiences in the past? Its cool, I understand. But you are kinda wrong though. Any pleasurable activity can be mentally addictive. Which is such a broad definition, that when you are talking about true dependence to a drug, you are talking about severe cravings but more importantly the potential for withdrawal. The absence of those things means a drug is fairly non-addictive. There are non-addictive drugs, they do exist, which I think is what you're missing.

And btw in college I saw quite a few habitual LSD users. And they indeed were pretty fu*ked up in the head. That doesn't make the drug itself an addictive one, it just means that some people will abuse damn near anything, especially when they have a strong preference for it for other reasons.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 05-27-2013 at 05:32 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #86
hou12 
space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 906 906
 DoubleD said:
What makes you think that because a person smokes weed everyday that that's all they do? I know many (literally many) regular weed smokers, and not a single one is the type of person to just sit around and do nothing. All of them, as well as myself are all successful on some level, whether that be in college, their job, or the business that they run. It's 2013, the idea that regular weed smokers are lazy with no ambition is very stereotypical and (in my experience) largely incorrect.
 5 years ago '06        #87
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 Matt504 said:
it's just music anyway, kids don't go out and shoot people up just because they heard it in a song.

rappers should rap about whatever the hell they want to and let the parents raise their own kids.

Well, the problem these days is that with this generation coming up now their parents aren't raising them. It's T.V. the whole media and with all the bullsh*t they have on now influences these kids more then anything. So a lot of videos with these rap artist and etc that they talk about does have an affect.
 5 years ago '12        #88
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5696 5696
 Bob Sacamano said:
Yep! Its happening to everyone, and I am very glad. He's the truth, reviving this corny new age hip hop scene. Smart, creative, hard, skilled, real, varied flows, strong delivery, artistic, original, hooks, melodies, beats, intricate verses, though provoking content, some ignorant sh*t too. He is the entire package.

But the one word I would choose to a.ssociate with Kendrick if I had to choose just one, is INTEGRITY. Integrity and originality is what hip hop has been sorely missing with these new soft a.ss cookie cutter artists. Kendrick bringing it back to the way it was done back in the 90s.
Music has different lanes. No one wants to hear intelligent songs all the time. Everyone likes a little ignorance sometimes. And in the 90s, music was all about k!lling and being a gangsta, that was the fad. That was the cool thing to do and it lasted for a long time. Who is k dot to put a stop clock on THIS new craze? Let it run its course. U have collections of artists who do different themes. I listen to keef when i want gutta savage sh*t. Eminem when i wanna laugh. Flocka when i want some trunk sh*t. Nas when i wanna listen to understand, tupac just n general, and chris brown when im wit a bi*ch. An artist doesnt have to have the entire package.u just listen to what category u want. Cant knock an artist's craft.
 05-27-2013, 05:45 PM         #89
DoubleD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hou12 said:
What makes you think that because a person smokes weed everyday that that's all they do? I know many (literally many) regular weed smokers, and not a single one is the type of person to just sit around and do nothing. All of them, as well as myself are all successful on some level, whether that be in college, their job, or the business that they run. It's 2013, the idea that regular weed smokers are lazy with no ambition is very stereotypical and (in my experience) largely incorrect.
I dont think that...and i never said it, 'people that' means im talking about people that do that.

and if you are intoxicated more often then you are sober than your brain is or is about to be fu*ked up, nuff said.
 5 years ago '09        #90
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
 MeteorMan said:
Is every black rapper or celebrity required to speak on political and social issues?
might as well if your gonna speak on semi-social issues, its just a safe issue to tackle and lazy imo
 05-27-2013, 05:51 PM         #91
WordOnThaStreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
Whats the difference between these kids singing this song, and some a.ss retarded song from Sesame Street? They don't know wtf it means either way..........
thats some very stupid shyt to say
 05-27-2013, 05:53 PM         #92
WordOnThaStreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:
might as well if your gonna speak on semi-social issues, its just a safe issue to tackle and lazy imo
you don't even know what other social issues K.Dot has spoken own, just because it's not a trending topic doesn't mean he only spoke about this one subject. Stfu with your ignorant logic, looking for a reason to hate on a message that you can't argue against
 5 years ago '13        #93
Lucky Lucas 47 heat pts47
space
space
space
$15,398 | Props total: 5775 5775
 1LynguisticMind said:
thought it was white the folks always being late, catching on black people trends
it is tho. mainstream just now talking about this but ppl been doing e since the 80s out here.

but int he black community it was always seen as a gay party drug, idk when that changed.

mmy uncle said gay dudes in DC were doing that sh*t heavy around the time the crack era started

like just 5 years ago youd get your a.ss beat talking about some e pills at a party here, cause it was always seen as f*g/white ppl sh*t. unless you was in like Gtown or something but thats mostly where white frat dudes party
 5 years ago '13        #94
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305

Where is the link to the original article at OP?

Other than that.

I respect him for keeping it real and not caring that it could make some of his rap friends uncomfortable.

He spoke his mind and I respect that
 5 years ago '06        #95
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
Thank you based Kendrick...
 5 years ago '07        #96
JWilliams 21 heat pts21
space
space
$1,499 | Props total: 96 96
"Sometimes you have the trends that's not that cool," Kendrick said. "You may have certain artists portraying these trends and don't really have that lifestyle, and then it gives off the wrong thing. And it becomes kinda corny after a while."

I agree with that, period. I take that statement is exposing more than just molly talk, hence trendS.

Anybody hear what people call trap music now? And see the people claiming real trap sh*t?... Trap is a trend now, and it's gonna be ruined
 5 years ago '05        #97
Kallywood 
space
space
space
$698 | Props total: 37 37
idk when it became cool for black people to do molly
 5 years ago '04        #98
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,462 | Props total: 6615 6615
 Trelli3Matrix said:
Music has different lanes. No one wants to hear intelligent songs all the time. Everyone likes a little ignorance sometimes. And in the 90s, music was all about k!lling and being a gangsta, that was the fad. .
The Hell?!?!

Camp Lo, GangStarr, Common, The Goodie Mob, Outkast, Kool Keith, Kriss Kross, Casual, Del The Funkee Homosaipien, The Wu Tang Clan, The Alkaholiks, King Tee, Funkdoobiest, and countless other 90's artist's from the best and most diverse period of not only rap but music period were not all about being gangsta....and gangsta rap wasn't a fad? Where did it go? After Pac died and the Left Coast lost ALL steam it laid low till the East Coast took that "style" of rap and ran with it DMX, The LOX, Memphis Bleek, Shyne, 50 Cent and G-Unit, and Mobb Deep (who where on that type of sh*t the whole time)
 05-27-2013, 06:06 PM         #99
DoubleD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kallywood said:
idk when it became cool for black people to do molly
bone thugs said they whole hood was fu*kin with beans in 99
 05-27-2013, 06:07 PM         #100
hollatchadude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The only people that get mad when you speak the truth are the ones living a lie.

Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
26 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
80 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
126 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
63 comments
20 hours ago