Pros and cons of Xbox One and PS4

most viewed right now
 114
Image(s) inside THICK THIGHS SAVE LIVES AND MAKE UGLY bi-chES CUTE ii
98 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 75
Image(s) inside Irv Gotti exposes 50 Cent, again.
169 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 74
Image(s) inside Im slamming this Hoe (Alexis Skyy)
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 74
Aug 20 - THE WOLF OF WALSTREET SCAMMING AGAIN
57 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #1
32352 pageviews
72 comments


bd2eazy 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$5,119 | Props total: 134 134
Pros and cons of Xbox One and PS4
 

 
lets being objective here.

lets intelligently collect a list of pros and cons of each system.

ill update the op for people to draw their own conclusions

as a lover of video games it would be nice to have a clear list of what each system will and wont provide


Pros for Both
- 8-10x faster than current gen
- 8gb's ram
- Controller improvements
- Cloud saves
- Play while downloading games
- Play while installing games
- Updates in background
- Full 1080p gaming
- Blu-ray
- Can record gameplay

Cons for both
- No price
- No concrete release date
- No details on new XBLive or PSN
- Gimmicks (kinect games, ps4 touchpad)

XBOX ONE

Pros:
- Multi-tasking with apps (ie. tv and web browser)
- 15 exclusive titles coming
- XBLive's known Quality Experience
- Control system by voice/gesture via Kinect
- Fully installed games dont require Disc
- Can use External HDD
- Timed exclusive DLC

Cons:
- Still unclear on how exactly used games will work
- Mandatory Kinect (some see this as a con, some dont)
- HDD cannot be removed
- TV features may require an additional piece of hardware




PS4

Pros:
- Charging controller while console is "off"
- Share button allows share of short clips to social media sites.
- Stream your gameplay.
- Play ps3 games thru gaikai streaming service. Ps2 and Ps1 games in the works.
- Remote play for all titles
- Improved dashbord

Cons:
- Still dont know that it looks like
- No PSN info as of yet
- Lack of apps


Last edited by bd2eazy; 05-22-2013 at 12:12 PM..

72 comments for "Pros and cons of Xbox One and PS4"

 4 years ago '06        #2
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$5,195 | Props total: 392 392
For me it goes like this. Ill buy both because i love games. i can have one in my bedroom and one in my family room. ill let all these d!ck sucks in this forum "duke it out" over which one is "better", the differences will be minimal and the use of each will depend on the user. fu*k these "vs." discusssions, they will both be great
 4 years ago '06        #3
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
dont know enough about each system to make a proper list yet
 4 years ago '06        #4
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
avatar space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
 NYGiantsHUSTLER said:
For me it goes like this. Ill buy both because i love games. i can have one in my bedroom and one in my family room. ill let all these d!ck sucks in this forum "duke it out" over which one is "better", the differences will be minimal and the use of each will depend on the user. fu*k these "vs." discusssions, they will both be great
I could not have said it better myself.

Fanboys, enjoy missing out because of your own idiocy.
 4 years ago '11        #5
bd2eazy 37 heat pts37 OP
space
avatar space
space
$5,119 | Props total: 134 134
xbox pros:

- NFL partnership
- As far as we know Xbox Live is the better experience
- 15 exclusive titles coming
- COD DLC first
- Fifa's most popular mode "Ultimate Team" exclusive to xbox one
- Watch tv/Web Browse simultaneously
- Control system by voice via Kinect
- Control system with gestures via Kinect


Cons
- Still unclear on the 'used game' issue. how exactly will it work?
- fu*king huge system.
 4 years ago '11        #6
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 207 207
Xbox One Pros:
s3xy controller
Those nice analog sticks
Saving to the cloud
download while installing games
updates and installations in the background even when console is "off"
That TV stuff is pretty awesome
all games fully installed so you don't need the disc (as a digital gamer this made me happy)
dedicated port for Kinect 2.0
Can use an external HDD with Xbox One

Xbox One Cons:
Used games fee
no backwards compatibility
Don't know much about the exclusives or what this thing is REALLY capable of
Haven't seen much of the hardware features other than TV and snap in action
Timed exclusive DLC

PS4 Pros:
s3xy controller
Those nice analog sticks
Saving to the cloud
download while installing games
updates and installations in the background even when console is "off"
charging controller while console is "off"
dedicated port for PS4 eye
Share button
Facebook and other video streaming site support
video streaming support
Knack (yeah i'm excited about that, sue me)
Killzone: Shadow Fall
inFAMOUS: Second Son
new triggers on controller
Hohokum
3 Way Cross-Buy between PS3, PS4, and Vita in the works
Backwards Compatibility with PS3, PS2, and PS1 titles in the works.
Leaving used games debacle to the publishers (although i'd prefer they went the Xbox One route. Once more, it would make a digital future easier for me)
ALL PS4 TITLES CAN BE PLAYED WITH REMOTE PLAY
Sony's proactive support toward the indie community pretty much guarantees a diverse catalogue of games for the ps4
pre-load games.

PS4 Cons
Backward Compatility won't be there day one
Effectively renders your PS3 discs useless, unless Sony finds a way to implement a disc recognition system into Gaikai
Touch pad (i dont want another gimmick)
From what I've seen, Sony's not really doing too much in the app department (i like that stuff)
Exclusive or timed-exclusive DLC (i hate that stuff)
No word on what they'll do with PSN and PS+.


Last edited by Jesszman; 05-22-2013 at 11:33 AM..
 4 years ago '11        #7
bd2eazy 37 heat pts37 OP
space
avatar space
space
$5,119 | Props total: 134 134
 NYGiantsHUSTLER said:
For me it goes like this. Ill buy both because i love games. i can have one in my bedroom and one in my family room. ill let all these d!ck sucks in this forum "duke it out" over which one is "better", the differences will be minimal and the use of each will depend on the user. fu*k these "vs." discusssions, they will both be great
well i prolly should have worded the last statement better, it doesnt have to be a "vs discussion". as a lover of video games it would be nice to have a clear list of what each system will and wont provide

thats the point here.
 4 years ago '12        #8
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
avatar space
space
$16,111 | Props total: 3637 3637
Don't have enough information.
 4 years ago '12        #9
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
avatar space
space
$16,111 | Props total: 3637 3637
Jesszman get the Xbox. Leave that PlayStation alone. I know a n*gga that looks like you and he loves the Xbox.
 4 years ago '10        #10
Hovi Bryant 675 heat pts675
space
avatar space
space
$30,570 | Props total: 18951 18951
Pros for both

8-10x faster than current gen
Full 1080p gaming (compared to sub 720p today)
Blu-Ray capable
Emphasis on social gaming
Can record gameplay

Pros for Xbox One

Multi-tasking looks dope (with exclusive apps)
TV switching and guide features are cool
HALO TV SERIES!

Pros for PS4

Can stream live broadcasts
More first party studios
Dashboard doesn't look sh*tty anymore


Cons for PS4

Still a lot of unknowns about the console
Lots of unknowns about Sony Online Network
No price
Controller is so-so for FPS games

Cons for Xbox

33-50% slower than the PS4
Kinect is mandatory
Murky stance on anti-piracy & used games
Non-removable storage
TV features won't work with all cable boxes. IR blaster needed for older models.
Can't function as a DVR for TV shows
No price
 4 years ago '06        #11
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$27,814 | Props total: 8546 8546
 Jesszman said:
Xbox One Pros:
s3xy controller
Those nice analog sticks
Saving to the cloud
download while installing games
updates and installations in the background even when console is "off"
That TV stuff is pretty awesome
all games fully installed so you don't need the disc (as a digital gamer this made me happy)
dedicated port for Kinect 2.0
Can use an external HDD with Xbox One

Xbox One Cons:
Used games fee
no backwards compatibility
Don't know much about the exclusives or what this thing is REALLY capable of
Haven't seen much of the hardware features other than TV and snap in action
Timed exclusive DLC

PS4 Pros:
s3xy controller
Those nice analog sticks
Saving to the cloud
download while installing games
updates and installations in the background even when console is "off"
charging controller while console is "off"
dedicated port for PS4 eye
Share button
Facebook and other video streaming site support
video streaming support
Knack (yeah i'm excited about that, sue me)
Killzone: Shadow Fall
inFAMOUS: Second Son
new triggers on controller
Hohokum
3 Way Cross-Buy between PS3, PS4, and Vita in the works
Backwards Compatibility with PS3, PS2, and PS1 titles in the works.
Leaving used games debacle to the publishers (although i'd prefer they went the Xbox One route. Once more, it would make a digital future easier for me)
ALL PS4 TITLES CAN BE PLAYED WITH REMOTE PLAY

PS4 Cons
Backward Compatility won't be there day one
Effectively renders your PS3 discs useless, unless Sony finds a way to implement a disc recognition system into Gaikai
Touch pad (i dont want another gimmick)
From what I've seen, Sony's not really doing too much in the app department (i like that stuff)
Exclusive or timed-exclusive DLC (i hate that stuff)
No word on what they'll do with PSN and PS+.
this guy
 4 years ago '11        #12
bd2eazy 37 heat pts37 OP
space
avatar space
space
$5,119 | Props total: 134 134
updated



when u look at it this way... its not much of a difference between systems

 4 years ago '09        #13
dadon85 132 heat pts132
space
space
space
$28,690 | Props total: 11637 11637
 Hovi Bryant said:
Pros for both

8-10x faster than current gen
Full 1080p gaming (compared to sub 720p today)
Blu-Ray capable
Emphasis on social gaming
Can record gameplay

Pros for Xbox One

Multi-tasking looks dope (with exclusive apps)
TV switching and guide features are cool
HALO TV SERIES!

Pros for PS4

Can stream live broadcasts
More first party studios
Dashboard doesn't look sh*tty anymore


Cons for PS4

Still a lot of unknowns about the console
Lots of unknowns about Sony Online Network
No price
Controller is so-so for FPS games

Cons for Xbox

33-50% slower than the PS4
Kinect is mandatory
Murky stance on anti-piracy & used games
Non-removable storage
TV features won't work with all cable boxes. IR blaster needed for older models.
Can't function as a DVR for TV shows
No price


Xbl will be expensive < if psn is better than ps3 & free

Xbox one looks dope but the cons ATM suck. One system will be better especially when we get more details for both(ps4 console design)

I play 360 more and the real Xbox fans on here have admitted the cons suck especially the storage issue and kinect
 4 years ago '05        #14
Quddus 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$14,470 | Props total: 5636 5636
 Austin Foyt said:
Jesszman get the Xbox. Leave that PlayStation alone. I know a n*gga that looks like you and he loves the Xbox.
I hate when a new console come out. n*ggaz like him always coming out with they bullsh*t. It's new you fu*king dumbass. It is better than the last box and that is all that matters. You only got two choices ps4 and xbox enjoy both you fu*kboys.
 4 years ago '05        #15
IGOTSHITTZ 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,043 | Props total: 382 382
 bd2eazy said:
xbox pros:

- Fifa's most popular mode "Ultimate Team" exclusive to xbox one
Ultimate team mode is not exclusive to Xbox One. Fifa 14's Ultimate Team Mode has 'exclusive content' for Xbox One.
 4 years ago '11        #16
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
so trading your 360 in towards an Xbox One isn't a good idea
 4 years ago '11        #17
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 207 207
 Quddus said:
I hate when a new console come out. n*ggaz like him always coming out with they bullsh*t. It's new you fu*king dumbass. It is better than the last box and that is all that matters. You only got two choices ps4 and xbox enjoy both you fu*kboys.
My post was 100% honest and my opinion. And I have four choices: Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, and PC.
 4 years ago '05        #18
P-Hill|M 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$36,271 | Props total: 8885 8885
i'll be getting both (like usual)


but... I still think a majority of my gaming will be on PC from here on out.


Them exclusives though... Forza 5
 4 years ago '09        #19
dadon85 132 heat pts132
space
space
space
$28,690 | Props total: 11637 11637
Can't wait to play both
 4 years ago '09        #20
WezLFaCe_KiD 56 heat pts56
space
avatar space
space
$14,767 | Props total: 965 965
i needa anew tv. prob getting ps4 first then xbox. too bad im poor
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 51
Video inside Kid fuuks Bully's mother then confesses on live radio.
28 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside Bone Thugs having issues with Bizzy Bone again
89 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside The first ever school shooter..why did she do it?.. She didnt like. . .
90 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside DEFENDERS VERSUS AVENGERS. Who you got?
37 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 21
Aug 20 - A Current Taco Bell Employee Just Dished Out 7 Secrets You Need to Know
116 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 18
NBA Nike & Paul George steal JellyFam's concept for the "JellyFam PG 1" shoe
47 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 16
NBA JJ Redick explains shooting at the line & that some players always gonna b..
57 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside The leaked NASA footage -- that they *CAN NOT* explain........!!
173 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy