DF: Xbox One's graphics and memory are slower than PS4

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
137 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '12        #81
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,666 | Props total: 21994 21994
 Ramen Noodle said:
Because most games are developed for PC first right now?
Ummm some of your major games like Battlefield is.

But PS4 XB1 are so similar to PC that PC will once again have a better advantage. This gen they made games based on consoles architect and ported; thus we saw the sh*tty effects on ACDLC for PC.

Now it will be PC > PS4/XB1
 5 years ago '12        #82
space
space
 Y.G. said:
EA said the games they showed yesterday were developed on the Won. Not the PC, not the PS4 but the Won. Deal with it.

Not reading the rest of that bullsh*t. Deal with that too.
During any PR they're gonna say it's developed on whatever they're presenting for. But PC is easiest so they'll either build from the PC and port over to console. But this gen games became simultaneous after the whole NFL 08 fiasco
 Hovi Bryant said:
Did I ever say or imply Sony blew anyone away? Ever?

You presume too much based on so little, while I can trace back my opinions to something much more concrete.

Microsoft has not always fired on all cylinders when launching consoles. The first Xbox was a mild success. The Xbox 360 was competing with the PS2 for a full year, technical issues aside.

I believe Microsoft has gauged their own success based on Sony's lack of insight. The problem for them is that they still think Sony doesn't know what they're doing.
This is true because they feel as if they're in the living enough, so now people will flock back. The same thing happened to Sony with the PS3 and looked how that turned out.

Your casual gamer won't know about all of this stuff you're reading on here and they'll buy no knowing.

But your hardcore gamers will go for PC or PS4 because you're not required to do so much non-sense. Go to GAF and read the comments from developers and you'll see where I'm coming from.

That's not directed towards you Hovi, just quoting a part from you and elaborating.

On BX you have people who swear they are gamers because they log so many hours on Madden, NBA, or CoD; whereas, on GAF it's development territory.
 5 years ago '12        #83
space
space
Access speeds:

Xbox One @ 30fps: 2GB per frame
Xbox One @ 60fps: 1GB per frame

PS4 @ 30fps: 6GB per frame
PS4 @ 60fps: 3GB per frame

The PS4 memory setup is as simple as can be to program for and the amount for games is rumored to be 7GB.
With the Xbox One the devs will have to code logic for juggling data between the 5GB of DDR3 and the 32MB of ESRam for bandwidth important functionality (that will still be drastically slower than on the PS4).

Also don't forget that the PS4 has a 50% stronger GPU (1.8tf vs 1.2tf).
PS4 exclusives vs XONE exclusives = Probably as obvious as XBOX vs PS2 Multiplats = Buttery smooth on PS4 with good texturing, filtering and anti aliasing. Runs like a.ss on XONE at lower resolution with lots of tearing and stuttering. You need but look back at 2007-2008 to know.

They want to implement live streaming of games. Think its a "really cool" idea.
Pre-owned games can be sold.
Hints that they wanted always-online to be 24/7 in order for the Cloud computing to enhance games through e.g. extra enemy A.I and increase the scope/scale of vision in games; more filled in screen. Cloud seems to be huge for them.

Basically, he is asked if MS have made it mandatory to always be connected when playing offline, or whether they'll leave it up to the publishers. He confirms the latter, then goes on to speak about the benefits of an always-online system for gameplay. When Kotaku asked him a similar question earlier, he said he "hopes" publishers implement this. Couple this with MS's "infrastructure investments", according to Phil Harrison, on dedicated servers, plus how the machine needs to connect to install a game, you can probably guess what their original plan was.

Acknowledges Sony has faster RAM but can't do comparison as he doesn't know the full capability of their hardware/OS, but believes XB1 games will look just as good if not better
Acknowledges around 3GB of RAM reserved for OS
Xbox Live fundamentals will remain the same
Nothing concrete in terms of creating a backlog for 360 games to be made compatible on XB1, but if it does happen, the popular 360 games will be there first
Plan to make family households with multiple consoles/accounts have access to more content in response to whether they will be discounts for family Gold members
Nothing to confirm yet on what cable companies will be compatible with XB1's TV/DVR functionality. Probably still negotiating.
Hints that no headset included with console. Megaton. Suggests Kinect will be default device acting as microphone
"Acknowledges Sony has faster RAM but can't do comparison as he doesn't know the full capability of their hardware/OS, but believes XB1 games will look just as good if not better"

So the PS4 has access to more, and faster, ram along with a much better GPU and he thinks XB1 games could look better?

Delusional. It's the only thing that comes to mind.

Wait

No one is gonna read this.
 5 years ago '06        #84
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
Even at 60fps the PS4 still has 1 more GB per second than the Xbox at 30fps

No buy
 5 years ago '05        #85
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,613 | Props total: 13670 13670
 Tempuی said:
Were we not talking about 3rd party developers and not specifically EA? And they showed no GAMES just prerendered bullsh*t sort of like before the beginning of this generation. They hyped everyone up just to disappoint on the final product. Except this time it looked garbage and plastic! I seriously expect that when E3 rolls around there will be more of the same.... game trailers with no gameplay...I dont want some render on what they think it's going to look like... I want to see SOMETHING even if its just in the infancy stages!

If EA's lead platform is indeed Xbox One there will be ZERO difference between the PS4 and Xbox One... this is not the same circumstances as the PS3 and 360... there's an even developing playing field! Deal with it!

And I'm pretty sure you did read all of what I said... my first paragraph was longer tham the second... there was just too much ether for you to even come with a halfway decent rebuttal! Pretty much nothing for you to refute!

[pic - click to view]

Deal with it.
 05-23-2013, 01:33 AM         #86
HDBeatz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #87
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,336 | Props total: 1413 1413
 The N said:
I see a price war after 1 year,
I expect price drop at E3
2014, they both however will sell these machines 399.99
Then it goes down to 349.99 the year after that 299.99
All to increase the console base drasticly in order for the big
Software sales of after Launch titles.
Game con is in aug if io'm right
I hope they don't wait to release the price/release date :(
 5 years ago '10        #88
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,404 | Props total: 2347 2347
These console wars are so corny to me.

I never got a ps3, but ill prb buy both this year.
 5 years ago '05        #89
Krazie 133 heat pts133
space
space
$45,862 | Props total: 20816 20816
There will be no major graphical difference between PS4 and X1 (for multiplatform games) if all specs are true for at least 5 years.
 05-23-2013, 06:55 AM         #90
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krazie said:
There will be no major graphical difference between PS4 and X1 (for multiplatform games) if all specs are true for at least 5 years.
This is absolutely false. Both are PC architecture. This is not like the past where it took time to optimize a game for a new architecture. In the past the developers had a learning curve, this is not the case now. The developers should be able to optimize games fairly easy from the start.

Games will most likely be developed for PC first if it is a third party game. I am glad I have a PC gaming rig. This is going to bring more games to PC.

Developers will end up taking the PC approach, you can count on that because it is the easiest and cheapest approach. They will develop for the highest spec'd system and then port down. All they have to do is turn things down graphically to support the lower specs. PS4 games will end up looking better and running better from the start.

The major question is if cross platform online gaming is going to be supported or not. Because if it is, then the only reason to get one system over the other is the controller and exclusives.

It is too early to say which system will have the most success. The casual gamer will care about the Kinect features, the hardcore gamer will not. Sony still has to show off the PS4 eye, it might be able to do the exact things the Kinect does and make that feature a wash. Xbox live might still have the advantage, or maybe Sony has improved their online gaming tremendously, we still do not know.

Until more information is released, there is no telling which system will be more successful. What we do know though is that the PS4 will have the better looking multiplatform games. Also this is a win for PC gaming.
 05-23-2013, 07:11 AM         #91
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When it comes to gaming and performance the comparison should be done as if these were two PCs. One with a lower end video card (Xbox One) and one with a higher end video card (PS4). On PCs, the lower end video card would have to disable certain things like anti-aliasing, lighting, shadows, lower detail, lower resolution, etc. The higher end video card would be able to handle most if not all of those.

I am sure the Xbox One games will still look terrific, but the PS4 games will look better. Those of you arguing this are in denial. They are both the exact same architecture and even have pretty much the same CPU. The GPU and RAM are the difference. Porting is not an issue at all and even if they started with the Xbox One as the lead console, improving the graphics for the PS4 would not be difficult either. Even though from a development standpoint, that would be a**backwards.

How do you think games are made to run on so many different PC configurations? It is not that hard in the PC world. The same implementation will happen with the PS4 and Xbox One, it is a proven model that works well and is inexpensive. If you think this model is going to magically change for consoles, you are in denial.
 5 years ago '12        #92
space
space
 Y.G. said:

[pic - click to view]

Deal with it.
 5 years ago '06        #93
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 xeduran said:
This is absolutely false. Both are PC architecture. This is not like the past where it took time to optimize a game for a new architecture. In the past the developers had a learning curve, this is not the case now. The developers should be able to optimize games fairly easy from the start.

Games will most likely be developed for PC first if it is a third party game. I am glad I have a PC gaming rig. This is going to bring more games to PC.

Developers will end up taking the PC approach, you can count on that because it is the easiest and cheapest approach. They will develop for the highest spec'd system and then port down. All they have to do is turn things down graphically to support the lower specs. PS4 games will end up looking better and running better from the start.

The major question is if cross platform online gaming is going to be supported or not. Because if it is, then the only reason to get one system over the other is the controller and exclusives.

It is too early to say which system will have the most success. The casual gamer will care about the Kinect features, the hardcore gamer will not. Sony still has to show off the PS4 eye, it might be able to do the exact things the Kinect does and make that feature a wash. Xbox live might still have the advantage, or maybe Sony has improved their online gaming tremendously, we still do not know.

Until more information is released, there is no telling which system will be more successful. What we do know though is that the PS4 will have the better looking multiplatform games. Also this is a win for PC gaming.
 xeduran said:
When it comes to gaming and performance the comparison should be done as if these were two PCs. One with a lower end video card (Xbox One) and one with a higher end video card (PS4). On PCs, the lower end video card would have to disable certain things like anti-aliasing, lighting, shadows, lower detail, lower resolution, etc. The higher end video card would be able to handle most if not all of those.

I am sure the Xbox One games will still look terrific, but the PS4 games will look better. Those of you arguing this are in denial. They are both the exact same architecture and even have pretty much the same CPU. The GPU and RAM are the difference. Porting is not an issue at all and even if they started with the Xbox One as the lead console, improving the graphics for the PS4 would not be difficult either. Even though from a development standpoint, that would be a**backwards.

How do you think games are made to run on so many different PC configurations? It is not that hard in the PC world. The same implementation will happen with the PS4 and Xbox One, it is a proven model that works well and is inexpensive. If you think this model is going to magically change for consoles, you are in denial.

i was gonna come in here and say the same thing word for word, so im gonna go ahead and take some credit for these posts
 05-23-2013, 07:23 PM         #94
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:

xeduran said:

5 years ago '04        #95
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,593 | Props total: 1013 1013
Wouldn't it still ultimately depend on what the lead platform was? I mean if the X1 is the lead would it matter?

Krazie said:
 xeduran said:

xeduran said:

Nevermind. Powerful post

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 05-23-2013 at 07:32 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #96
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,873 | Props total: 1153 1153
I've read some good posts and some fu*ktarded ones in this thread, but I won't go into detail about any. What I will say, is that although specs say one thing, the way the devs utilizes them will be another. Now I know both are built on pc x64 architecture and the PC will in most cases be the lead platform for those cases, but in cases where it is not, who cares! I'm guessing most PC gamers don't have a few G's to plunk down on the kind of optimization features that PS4 and XOne's cpu/gpu/memory combo have. Cuz like I've said before, none of you PC gamers are running years worth of testing on your new system, you just go out and buy a whole rig or get it piece meal and hope and guess that everything will run as fast as you want it too. Not so with the new consoles. Now I'm not delusional in saying that the both systems will be fast, but to say you'll see a noticeable difference like anti-aliasing, lighting, shading, etc is ridiculous! I will say that the ram given to each process will be a a factor, but that's for dev's to overcome. Just because you have more room to work with doesn't mean that they'll utilize it properly!

In the end I'm copping both cuz I want the exclusives and the live tv thing is something interests me and my wife.
 4 years ago '10        #97
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676 OP
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
You're copping both? May as well go with the most powerful one right?

4 years ago '06        #98
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,403 | Props total: 961 961
 Hovi Bryant said:
You're copping both? May as well go with the most powerful one right?

this dumbass bumping his own months old ....threads 3rd one today

fu*k your trolling

you made 30 threads on what the x1 cant do now alll that time iis wasted life

ughhhhhhhh

your going to keep making threads tho....just go buy a ps4 and keep x1 out your mouthhhh

you cant talk about what the x1 cant do any more now your reachinggggg to the maxxxxx

fu*k outta here bi*chhhhhhh

2 of the most biggest games and they say thatttttttt haaaaaa your beyond but hurt
 4 years ago '11        #99
mystic boy 367 heat pts367
space
space
$5,148 | Props total: 163 163
 mystic boy said:
Think about the new Kinect and all those fees you'll have to pay. Hell, that new Kinect will likely boost the price to $500.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
96 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
19 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy