XXL: Tupac Shakur Still Overrated

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '13        #81
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,071 | Props total: 38414 38414
 case sensitive said:
lost credibility when he said Brenda was a flat out wack song and that Me Against the world had only 2 songs worth listening to lmao.
 5 years ago '13        #82
space
space
TheMindOf
This message is hidden because TheMindOf is on your ignore list.
 5 years ago '11        #83
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369

Rap's Grateful Dead? Hova? Young? The No. 1 MC of all time?

None of the above.

A more appropriate title for Jay-Z is Most Overrated Rapper. Ever. With Tuesday's release of his second post-retirement album — inspired by the movie American Gangster and, if the leaked single "Blue Magic" is any indication, crappy — it's time to clear the air. Rap critics fear that the guy they've loved for so long has fallen off, but it's time to face facts. He was never really on.
"Facts don't age"

"Anybody who dont got Jay's d!ck down their throat, with his c*m running down their chin can see that the majority of that article is real sh*t..

Truth hurts"
 5 years ago '09        #84
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,071 | Props total: 1120 1120
He is overrated. Looking at how much music he's put out his fans only name off a miniscule amount of tracks they deem classic despite how big his catalog really is. I'm pretty sure a Joe Budden fan could name off more classics from Budden than a Pac fan can from Pac, and Budden's catalog is smaller than Pac so yeah
 5 years ago '06        #85
Unitson 
space
space
$5,739 | Props total: 143 143
 Analytical One said:
I don't regard 2Pac to be the most overrated when there are rappers like Nas, Eminem and Lil Wayne who are overpraised and under-scrutinized, but that does not affect me from recognizing that almost everything the author of the article presented was damn near irrefutable--even if it was delivered in a spiteful tone.

I mean, wasn't Pac's verbal onslaught towards East Coast rappers at the time unnecessary?

Did he not indulge to far in the lifestyle of the character Bishop from Juice, rather than truly be himself?

Weren't a lot of his material prior to his legendary last three studio albums mediocre in comparison to the classic material being produced in that era like Illmatic, Resurrection, Ready to Die, et al?

2Pac isn't overrated because of himself, but because of his overzealous fans (whom have made their presence felt in this thread) that fail to recognize that until the last two years of his career he was a very average emcee.
I don't think it matters how Pac's first albums are ranked or measured up in hip hop

It's the fact that he got better with time and that people saw growth in his music.

Lots of artists start off good on their first 2-3 albums and then they fall the fu*k off.

Pac was the exact opposite.

He started off with weak albums in terms of outdated production but once he dropped Thug Life in 1994(an underrated 2Pac classic), he just started growing as an artists.

The people he dissed is irrelevant to the discussion so I don't know why you bring that up

You say Pac wasn't his true self. I say he was. He was a naturally crazy motherfu*ker. Punching crips in the face, having shootouts at his concerts, not giving up jewelery at gunpoint until he gets shot, shooting cops in the a.ss, yoking up a stage person even before he got on as a rapper

Don't forget that dude was born out of the Panthers and political prisoners. He was brought up not to take no sh*t and he did it and took it a step further. He also lived in NYC homeless shelters all over because growing up his mom couldn't really land a job in NYC because of her past with the Black Panthers and sh*t

So you can't talk like dude was some phony. He lived through the struggle and rapped about it and it grew up with him until it ended in his demise

Last edited by Unitson; 05-21-2013 at 05:46 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #86
Unitson 
space
space
$5,739 | Props total: 143 143
 Zaosyn said:
He is overrated. Looking at how much music he's put out his fans only name off a miniscule amount of tracks they deem classic despite how big his catalog really is. I'm pretty sure a Joe Budden fan could name off more classics from Budden than a Pac fan can from Pac, and Budden's catalog is smaller than Pac so yeah
I know dudes in the hood that can name every Pac joint

I've literally heard about 200 Pac joints that I like off the top of the head if you met me in person and I don't even consider myself a fan like that

But I grew up around huge Pac fans in the hood and I've grown to respect dude and his music.

Can't take away from him. Pac is like a hood preacher
 5 years ago '04        #87
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
it must suck not to hear a new pac song or album
 5 years ago '07        #88
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,204 | Props total: 15057 15057
so outta Pac's first 3 solo albums, there was only 5 good songs according to this clown? fu*k outta here
 5 years ago '11        #89
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,561 | Props total: 9466 9466
this section....
[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '13        #90
Lucky Lucas 47 heat pts47
space
space
space
$15,398 | Props total: 5775 5775
most truthful thing i ever read, ever about anything
 5 years ago '07        #91
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 288 288
Whenever I see one of these Pac/Jay/nas/BIG debates I always get curious about the age of the people debating
 5 years ago '04        #92
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
I think he's overrated too, but this article is pure hate.

5 years ago '10        #93
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,541 | Props total: 5872 5872
Man, I guess they're letting anyone write over there at XXL. I need to shoot them an e-mail and see what's up.
 05-21-2013, 06:21 PM         #94
JayDee11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You can't say anything even remotely close to being negative about Pac. Why? Because his fanbase will misconstrue it. Ask Funk Flex. People who more than likely wasn't even listening to rap when 2Pacolypse Now dropped will automatically become Pac experts. White kids from Europe will drop 100 Googled facts about Pac and put on some fake a.ss facade as if they have any personal ties to Pac's life. Pac one of my favorites and I miss him but he gotta be rolling in his grave at the astronomical amount of weirdos that his music inadvertently captured.
 5 years ago '05        #95
Clutch City Kid 139 heat pts139
space
space
$28,304 | Props total: 28738 28738
 YI-Drizzy said:
that aint pac fault that some of those posthumous albums were lackluster
THANK YOU!!!!

and if he is so overrated how come nobody else is puttin words to paper like this ?? even when he was using simple words and phrases how come it felt so MAJOR??? and how come it touched sooooo many people in such simple yet complex ways?? maybe thats why he was so dope!!! he was able to keep it simple yet make straight magic out of it... nobody will ever really be able to say he was the greatest lyrical rapper of all time, that wasnt his style and it wasnt who he tried to be either... dude stayed in his own lane and did it better than ANYONE before or after so far... this dude made REAL music for REAL people, sorry but i cant name another rap that was able to do it like it Pac did, plain an simple
 5 years ago '10        #96
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 JayDee11 said:
You can't say anything even remotely close to being negative about Pac. Why? Because his fanbase will misconstrue it. Ask Funk Flex. People who more than likely wasn't even listening to rap when 2Pacolypse Now dropped will automatically become Pac experts. White kids from Europe will drop 100 Googled facts about Pac and put on some fake a.ss facade as if they have any personal ties to Pac's life. Pac one of my favorites and I miss him but he gotta be rolling in his grave at the astronomical amount of weirdos that his music inadvertently captured.

[pic - click to view]

/Shut it down
 5 years ago '12        #97
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
 TheMindOf said:
Anybody who dont got Pacs d!ck down their throat, with his c*m running down their chin can see that the majority of that article is real sh*t..

Truth hurts

Biggest camel warrior on here
 5 years ago '07        #98
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 288 288
 YI-Drizzy said:
n*gga have you heard the og versions of all that unreleased sh*t that they ruined on the posthumous albums? if they were just released as they were then you would have no argument

even counting the posthumous sh*t, that's only 2 (maybe 3) albums out of 12 albums so where the fu*k are you getting this "sh*t ton" from?
2pacalypse now/Strictly for my n*ggaz/Me against the world/All Eyez on Me/Makaveli... Those five albums had Pac's stamp on them... I have heard the OG versions of the music. A lot of it. As a matter of fact I have a couple of DVD's of his original music as it was recorded. I was buying the makaveli CD's on the street as they came out. What were you doing then? THe production on some of the older stuff is just plain generic. They tried to polish up a lot of the older stuff and remix it for commercial release because as they were they all weren't they weren't that good. Some of the old sh*t is dope. The OG material for the One Nation album with BCC... Dope. The unreleased stuff that he recorded for death row right before he died some of it is tough but a lot of the OTHER stuff is sub par. Again incomplete music is usually incomplete for a reason. People were cashing in on him and thats the reason most of that stuff came out.

Last edited by MPC_Pase; 05-21-2013 at 07:13 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #99
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$19,025 | Props total: 4648 4648
been dead since 96 still getting articles hey pac won
 5 years ago '13        #100
space
space
 Dee352 said:
Biggest camel warrior on here
That dirty skirt wearing f*ggot rides the camel d!ck harder than beyonce

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy