Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
39 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
30 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #61
MakaveliToDon91 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,637 | Props total: 4638 4638
 MPC_Pase said:
I think if you factored in most of those records would validate his point.
Pac has one of the strongest catalogs in the game n*gga idk where this fu*k boy sh*t comin from but if you factor in his post humous sh*t youre an idiot cuz none of those songs got they original beats. half those songs Pac aint even finished, a lot of that unreleased sh*t aint engineered or mixed n sounds like dog sh*t quality.

his catalog when alive was straight, three classics in a row plus the unreleased sh*t which was some of his best work, at least the tracks they put the finishin touches on. play his greatest hits CD thru n*gga got classics for days

DoubleD said:
pac got robbed and ultimately k!lled for being a wannabee tough guy, if you look at the whole situation and avoid the conspiracy sh*t its obvious.
he got k!lled cuz he snuffed a crip n that same crip found him on rebound that night n shot em.
 5 years ago '04        #62
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,816 | Props total: 1849 1849
 DoubleD said:
pac got robbed and ultimately k!lled for being a wannabee tough guy, if you look at the whole situation and avoid the conspiracy sh*t its obvious.
wannabe tough guy, real tough guy, fake gangsta, real gangsta, it doesn't make a difference.

Most of them get shot,killed, imprisoned either way.

Matter of fact I would argue that the "fake" ones actually have a better survival rate since when shyt gets too heated , they stop out of fear,fold, and run off.

Most of the ones that are really about that life are the ones ending up in the cemetery.

There's a reason why the street saying goes " All the hardest gangstas are either dead or in jail"

Last edited by psylence2k; 05-21-2013 at 04:04 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #63
MakaveliToDon91 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,637 | Props total: 4638 4638
 Analytical One said:
Drop me the link to your Twitter and talk that fu*k sh*t then.

You know damn well if you weren't graced with anonymity on Boxden you wouldn't be calling me the n-word or talking out of pocket you scared bi*ch.

oh sh*t i aint see this. angry camel warrior
 05-21-2013, 03:49 PM         #64
Nasty Neighbor  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MPC_Pase said:
Doesn't matter... I'm just saying that you're not allow to say certain things about Pac because he's a hip-hop god. Even though a sh*t ton of his catalog is weak at best. Is he a great? Yes. Does he deserve to be remember as a hip-hop icon... yes. Is he also overated? yes. Whats funny to me is that a lot of people that elevate pac to god status were littke kids when he died.
n*gga have you heard the og versions of all that unreleased sh*t that they ruined on the posthumous albums? if they were just released as they were then you would have no argument

even counting the posthumous sh*t, that's only 2 (maybe 3) albums out of 12 albums so where the fu*k are you getting this "sh*t ton" from?

Last edited by Nasty Neighbor; 05-21-2013 at 03:51 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #65
HOTtubTONY 17 heat pts17
space
space
$993 | Props total: 158 158
 Mocking Mind said:
Damn, so much truth in one post. Don't know if the stans will be able to handle it tho.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #66
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
 psylence2k said:
Scrolled down to the first highlighted quote and saw that he called Brenda's Got a Baby "weak" , article lost all credibility to me after that.
Couldn't even try to take it serious after that.
 5 years ago '05        #67
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
Damn, and I thought that I had some differing views than most on Pac

With that said, a lot of truth to this
 5 years ago '06        #68
Unitson 
space
space
$5,739 | Props total: 143 143
 MPC_Pase said:
But thats it... no they wouldn't have. By his own admission was a quantity over quality type of rapper. Thats one of the reasons he hated working with dre (thats not my oppinion, its based on HIS own words) he wanted to show up bang out a song and move on to the next one and a lot of the songs reflect that. A lot of the song's production was second rate and the material is redundant. He's got a lot of great records but his ratio of hit to miss ain't so great. and this is coming from a fan.
You may prefer Until the End of time over BP2 but the truth is a lot of people wh0ored out his legacy and put out a lot of product that if he live probably wouldn't have been released.
He was quantity over quality because he knew he'd end up either dead or in jail.

He made classic albums in 2 weeks and 7 days. Imagine if he took as long as Dre to drop an album. It would be thee single greatest album in music history probably. But the stuff he released when he was alive was quality and was done in short time.

With time, dude was getting better and better with each release unlike other rappers that depreciate in their music quality with time.

Some of his songs that came out when he passed weren't even finished meaning mixed, mastered, or even had hooks yet were still decent when they touched it up and released it posthumously WITHOUT HIM EVEN BEING THERE TO FINALIZE IT

Imagine if Pac had creative control over some of the songs they fu*ked up on posthumously.

If Pac was to release those posthumous fu*k ups like some of the songs that Eminem produced, they would probably be classics.

And just because Pac wasn't working Dr. Dre pace of making 6 songs a year doesn't make his quality of songs any less. Everyone has their own recording techniques.

It was known that dude wanted to lay out his verses quick and would later revisit unfinished songs with the engineer and fix up vocals, change verses, change beats, put in hooks and finish mixing, and mastering songs if he decided to put out said song.

His tactic was effective because within 1996, he made so many hits working that way.

Like you need your ears checked with the hit to miss ratio. In my hood, everyone was bumping Pac. Dudes would make about 7 cds of nothing but Pac hits and bump it all day. So I don't know wtf you talking about.

Maybe you skimmed through Pac music. In the hoods I've been in, bumping Pac's music was like a relgion.

From his Makaveli original mixtapes, to soundtrack song, to posthumous hits, to his alive classic hits, Pac's catalog is without a doubt the strongest in hip hop.

Even hip hop legend like Melle Mel even said Pac's catalog is strong as fu*k.

Last edited by Unitson; 05-21-2013 at 04:31 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #69
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,553 | Props total: 2661 2661
Even if u think he overrated, never heard any one say, Me against the World, All Eyes on Me, Strictly for my n*ggas, Makaveli, 2pacalypse Now......were pure garbage, with basically only 5 tracks out of them all being worth keeping
 5 years ago '06        #70
Unitson 
space
space
$5,739 | Props total: 143 143
 Analytical One said:
Typical generalization response from a generic 2Pac fan-boy.

You haven't been to every "ghetto" in America so therefore what you said is not factual and is less valuable than what the author of the article presented.

The fact that this however is not the first time a magazine (which is representation of its subscribers, and therefore accounts for "people put together") has claimed that 2Pac is the most overrated artist of all time (see Blender magazine), then it strongly suggests that a lot more people than you suggest believe 2Pac not to be the "G.O.A.T.", and the most overrated artist of all time.
I ain't a Pac fanboy.

It's just that real recognize real.

Every great is overrated a bit

From Jay-Z to BIG to whoever.

I can't take away from dude.

Only a stan of somebody else would try to downplay Pac status

Like Blender magazine really?? Who the fu*k cares about blender magazine?

I do know that I've been to plenty of hoods in America and they all the ones I've been to have a love for Pac.

I've never seen that for any other hip hop artists. Pac crosses boundaries. It's a reason why he's ranked so high. He knows how to reach the masses
 5 years ago '11        #71
Giovanni Cassa 48 heat pts48
space
space
$3,829 | Props total: 219 219
Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo!!!!!

Ayooooooo! Yo yo yo!

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo!
 5 years ago '05        #72
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
What do you expect from a guy who hates PAC and only mentions the singles from every album? That's like me trying to justify anything remotely entertaining about Lil B......
 5 years ago '09        #73
Teddy Loc 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,062 | Props total: 164 164
Im jammin this as im reading on the topic:

[video - click to view]

R.I.P. Tupac Shakur...Greatest Of All Time!!!
 05-21-2013, 04:56 PM         #74
Analytical One  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Unitson said:
I ain't a Pac fanboy.

It's just that real recognize real.

Every great is overrated a bit

From Jay-Z to BIG to whoever.

I can't take away from dude.

Only a stan of somebody else would try to downplay Pac status

Like Blender magazine really?? Who the fu*k cares about blender magazine?

I do know that I've been to plenty of hoods in America and they all the ones I've been to have a love for Pac.

I've never seen that for any other hip hop artists. Pac crosses boundaries. It's a reason why he's ranked so high. He knows how to reach the masses
I don't regard 2Pac to be the most overrated when there are rappers like Nas, Eminem and Lil Wayne who are overpraised and under-scrutinized, but that does not affect me from recognizing that almost everything the author of the article presented was damn near irrefutable--even if it was delivered in a spiteful tone.

I mean, wasn't Pac's verbal onslaught towards East Coast rappers at the time unnecessary?

Did he not indulge to far in the lifestyle of the character Bishop from Juice, rather than truly be himself?

Weren't a lot of his material prior to his legendary last three studio albums mediocre in comparison to the classic material being produced in that era like Illmatic, Resurrection, Ready to Die, et al?

2Pac isn't overrated because of himself, but because of his overzealous fans (whom have made their presence felt in this thread) that fail to recognize that until the last two years of his career he was a very average emcee.
 5 years ago '07        #75
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 288 288
 MakaveliToDon91 said:
Pac has one of the strongest catalogs in the game n*gga idk where this fu*k boy sh*t comin from but if you factor in his post humous sh*t youre an idiot cuz none of those songs got they original beats. half those songs Pac aint even finished, a lot of that unreleased sh*t aint engineered or mixed n sounds like dog sh*t quality.

his catalog when alive was straight, three classics in a row plus the unreleased sh*t which was some of his best work, at least the tracks they put the finishin touches on. play his greatest hits CD thru n*gga got classics for days

he got k!lled cuz he snuffed a crip n that same crip found him on rebound that night n shot em.
I see you have a reading comprehension problem...but I'll try this way. First you're wrong (Flat out) about a couple of things. The fact that a lot of his posthumously released music was incomplete despite a good chunk of it being recorded YEARS before his death should tell you something. Pac has a massive catalog with a lot of good records in it but he also has a bunch of throw away music in it too. Also a lot of the early posthumous stuff was released with the original production (which by inference you acknowledge isn't the best). All of the stuff that was released commercially (I'm not talking about the makaveli mix tapes) was in fact engineered, mixed and mastered but that is irrelevant because I wasn't talking about sound quality. I don't understand why we gotta act like every song he ever made was great. In fact most of his songs weren't great. Thats what makes greatness great is the fact that it doesn't happen all of the time. Pac by his own admission just recorded sh*t, he wasn't worried about the details (again on of the reasons he hated working with Dre... His words) and the result of that is a lot of times you wind up with muisc that may have some good elements but for the most part is forgettable.

I engineer... I've seen it before. In my studio computer I have tons of incomplete records. Does that mean they are whack? maybe not but there is usually a good reason why unfinished records don't get finished and a lot of times don't get released.

A lot of that music was released early on by death row not because it was that good but to cash in on Pac. Once his mom got control I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say her motivation was to continue his legacy but that still doesn't mean it was great music.
 5 years ago '10        #76
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Fresh Whyte said:
Posted: Nov 19th, '09

Ain't Finna Argue Over Some Old sh*t
Facts dont age
 5 years ago '05        #77
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,260 | Props total: 9737 9737
Brenda's got a baby is weak?

Good luck earning your checks when the print portion of your business shuts down XXL.
 5 years ago '10        #78
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
Anybody who dont got Pacs d!ck down their throat, with his c*m running down their chin can see that the majority of that article is real sh*t..

Truth hurts

5 years ago '11        #79
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 TheMindOf said:
Anybody who dont got Pacs d!ck down their throat, with his c*m running down their chin can see that the majority of that article is real sh*t..

Truth hurts

Jay stans stay with the most homoerotic disses
 5 years ago '11        #80
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
lost credibility when he said Brenda was a flat out wack song and that Me Against the world had only 2 songs worth listening to lmao.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
189 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
52 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Michael "Walking Bucket" Beasley Highlights vs Thunder | 30pts, 5reb, 4ast
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy