most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
83 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-21-2013, 01:04 PM         #61
JJC NYC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cheenz said:
J.Cole 80,000
Kanye 350,000
I might need to hire this man.
 5 years ago '08        #62
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
 Walmart said:
It's hard to predict Kanye numbers. I don't think he's in demand enough anymore to sell 600k+ in his first week like he used to.

Maybe 400-550K first week for Kanye.

I think J Cole will do anywhere from 150-250 in his first week. The single with Miguel has a lot of buzz right now plus he's popular among the crowd that actually buys cds.

There's a difference between someone like J Cole and 'singles' artists like Tyga/Future/Travis Porter/Rocko/Yo Gotti/etc

People actually know J Cole's music is quality and will buy his albums and not just his singles.

This. You can pretty much count Cole's first week numbers starting from his first week numbers of his last album. He'll probably do 175-250k.
Ye might do 350 - 450k , it's very possible that he can do 475.
 5 years ago '04        #63
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,449 | Props total: 1445 1445
 cheenz said:
J.Cole 80,000
Kanye 350,000
 5 years ago '04        #64
space
space
 JJC NYC said:
I might need to hire this man.
i was lookin that like... damn thats dead on.
 5 years ago '07        #65
mross16 30 heat pts30 OP
space
space
$3,467 | Props total: 1705 1705
 J Rob said:
Do y'all REALLY believe that Cole is doing anything less then 200K? Or are some of y'all still trolling his fans even though y'all caught tons of capital Ls in 2011?
Exactly how I feel...Can't wait till those first week #'s drop
 5 years ago '11        #66
TooMuchSulli 34 heat pts34
space
space
$1,709 | Props total: 0 0
On June 18th, Kanye West’s album “Yeezus” will debut alongside J.Cole’s album “Born Sinner”.

This is the first legitimate showdown of rap powerhouses since September 11th, 2007 when 50 cent and Kanye West faced off with their albums “Curtis” and “Graduation”.

This is an epic day in hip hop.

The reason it’s going to be the biggest day of J. Cole’s career?

I think he has a legitimate shot to outsell Kanye.

Heres why-

In 2007, people laughed at the idea that Kanye could outsell 50 Cent.

Seriously.

50 was an absolute monster on the charts. He was fresh off selling 872k the first week with “Get Rich or Die Trying” and 1.14 million with “The Massacre”.

50 was stunned at the outcome of “Graduation” selling 957k vs. his “Curtis” selling 691k. 50 Cent even began lashing out at Def Jam, claiming Kanye’s label was purchasing copies of Graduation to boost sales.

The result of those first week sales made Kanye a legitimate rap superstar, and was the start of the decline of 50 Cent’s career. The people of America made the right decision that day, with Graduation being labeled a “classic” by many people, while “Curtis” was forgettable.

So now we are at it again, except the shoe is on the other foot for Kanye. He is the favorite to outsell J.Cole’s “Born Sinner” with his album “Yeezus”.

But there are some of X Factors in this showdown. The first is Mac Miller.

He is also set to release his album June 18th. How will his fans effect the album sales? Mac Miller’s fans made Mac Miller the #1 artist on the charts with his 1st album selling an impressive 144k units. Are they more likely to support Kanye or J. Cole? Personally, I think they are more likely to support J. Cole. Mac’s fans are a younger crowd who are supportive of an underdog, which appears to give J. Cole the advantage.

Kanye’s album promotion is another X-Factor. Kanye’s promotion has been creative and something that we have never seen before, but will it lead to sales? With less than a month before his album comes out, we still don’t have the CD quality versions of his singles “New Slaves” and “Black Skinhead”. We have only heard the songs on Youtube where they were debuted by projectors on buildings and on his appearance on Saturday Night Live. Does he have anymore tricks up his sleeve leading up to the release date?

The last X-Factor is ultimately the quality of the music and how the people will receive it. Word of mouth has become such a huge factor in album sales and promotion with the advancements in social networking. The fact that people can instantly share their reviews of albums via Twitter and Facebook is sure to have an effect on the sales.

So, is Kanye’s unique marketing strategies and rap superstar status going to be enough to outlast J. Cole’s “Power Trip” which continues to climb up the charts?

My gut feeling is America is going to surprise us again. America LOVES the underdog, and the power is ultimately in their hands.

Kanye’s fans and J.Cole’s fans overlap considering their similar conscious styles and affiliation with Jay-Z and Rocafella.

This is only going to boost J.Cole’s sales.

Although Kanye’s talent and status in the rap game is undeniable, it could be hard for him and his arrogance to beat out J.Cole and his underdog status. In 2007, people wanted to see Kanye succeed. Now they don’t.

J. Cole will shock people on the charts and become a superstar much like Kanye did in 2007. The fact that J.Cole has moved his album UP a week to compete with a legend says to me, “I have something special”. Soon we will see.

June 18th will be the first day I will be purchasing an album since September 27, 2011 (Cole World: The Sideline Story). And yes, I will be purchasing BOTH “Yeezus” and “Born Sinner”, just like I purchased both “Graduation” and “Curtis” in 2007.

Regardless of the album sales, I hope we get atleast 1 great album of the 2 like we did with “Graduation”. Preferably, both the albums will be great.

Do the right thing that day and go support great artists in hip hop.
 5 years ago '07        #67
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14587 14587
 J Rob said:
Do y'all REALLY believe that Cole is doing anything less then 200K? Or are some of y'all still trolling his fans even though y'all caught tons of capital Ls in 2011?
J. Cole around 150k Kanye 380k
 5 years ago '11        #68
beast1412 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,006 | Props total: 607 607
 TooMuchSulli said:
On June 18th, Kanye West’s album “Yeezus” will debut alongside J.Cole’s album “Born Sinner”.

This is the first legitimate showdown of rap powerhouses since September 11th, 2007 when 50 cent and Kanye West faced off with their albums “Curtis” and “Graduation”.

This is an epic day in hip hop.

The reason it’s going to be the biggest day of J. Cole’s career?

I think he has a legitimate shot to outsell Kanye.

Heres why-

In 2007, people laughed at the idea that Kanye could outsell 50 Cent.

Seriously.

50 was an absolute monster on the charts. He was fresh off selling 872k the first week with “Get Rich or Die Trying” and 1.14 million with “The Massacre”.

50 was stunned at the outcome of “Graduation” selling 957k vs. his “Curtis” selling 691k. 50 Cent even began lashing out at Def Jam, claiming Kanye’s label was purchasing copies of Graduation to boost sales.

The result of those first week sales made Kanye a legitimate rap superstar, and was the start of the decline of 50 Cent’s career. The people of America made the right decision that day, with Graduation being labeled a “classic” by many people, while “Curtis” was forgettable.

So now we are at it again, except the shoe is on the other foot for Kanye. He is the favorite to outsell J.Cole’s “Born Sinner” with his album “Yeezus”.

But there are some of X Factors in this showdown. The first is Mac Miller.

He is also set to release his album June 18th. How will his fans effect the album sales? Mac Miller’s fans made Mac Miller the #1 artist on the charts with his 1st album selling an impressive 144k units. Are they more likely to support Kanye or J. Cole? Personally, I think they are more likely to support J. Cole. Mac’s fans are a younger crowd who are supportive of an underdog, which appears to give J. Cole the advantage.

Kanye’s album promotion is another X-Factor. Kanye’s promotion has been creative and something that we have never seen before, but will it lead to sales? With less than a month before his album comes out, we still don’t have the CD quality versions of his singles “New Slaves” and “Black Skinhead”. We have only heard the songs on Youtube where they were debuted by projectors on buildings and on his appearance on Saturday Night Live. Does he have anymore tricks up his sleeve leading up to the release date?

The last X-Factor is ultimately the quality of the music and how the people will receive it. Word of mouth has become such a huge factor in album sales and promotion with the advancements in social networking. The fact that people can instantly share their reviews of albums via Twitter and Facebook is sure to have an effect on the sales.

So, is Kanye’s unique marketing strategies and rap superstar status going to be enough to outlast J. Cole’s “Power Trip” which continues to climb up the charts?

My gut feeling is America is going to surprise us again. America LOVES the underdog, and the power is ultimately in their hands.

Kanye’s fans and J.Cole’s fans overlap considering their similar conscious styles and affiliation with Jay-Z and Rocafella.

This is only going to boost J.Cole’s sales.

Although Kanye’s talent and status in the rap game is undeniable, it could be hard for him and his arrogance to beat out J.Cole and his underdog status. In 2007, people wanted to see Kanye succeed. Now they don’t.

J. Cole will shock people on the charts and become a superstar much like Kanye did in 2007. The fact that J.Cole has moved his album UP a week to compete with a legend says to me, “I have something special”. Soon we will see.

June 18th will be the first day I will be purchasing an album since September 27, 2011 (Cole World: The Sideline Story). And yes, I will be purchasing BOTH “Yeezus” and “Born Sinner”, just like I purchased both “Graduation” and “Curtis” in 2007.

Regardless of the album sales, I hope we get atleast 1 great album of the 2 like we did with “Graduation”. Preferably, both the albums will be great.

Do the right thing that day and go support great artists in hip hop.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #69
mross16 30 heat pts30 OP
space
space
 beast1412 said:

[pic - click to view]

Y'all n*ggas are k!lling me with these
 05-22-2013, 09:46 AM         #70
JJC NYC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:
i was lookin that like... damn thats dead on.
Word!
 5 years ago '04        #71
space
space
People buy songs more than albums... Id hope cole would get 200k but the numbers in album sales have been awful as of late.
 5 years ago '07        #72
mross16 30 heat pts30 OP
space
space
If this ticket thing Kanye is doing is true I change my prediction for Yeezus from 700,000 to 1.5 mill first week.
 4 years ago '07        #73
mross16 30 heat pts30 OP
space
space
Bump!!!!

I was way of with the Kanye predictions, but my Cole prediction was dead on. Where the Cole haters at now?
 4 years ago '04        #74
space
space
 mross16 said:
Bump!!!!

I was way of with the Kanye predictions, but my Cole prediction was dead on. Where the Cole haters at now?
yo i was the opposite lol. im glad too.
 4 years ago '07        #75
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,900 | Props total: 1144 1144
 TheMindOf said:
J. Cole = 100-120k

Yezus = 400-425k
 06-25-2013, 11:01 PM         #76
SOD RG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CakedUP23 said:

J COLE 300,000. GET THE fu*k OUT OF HERE AND DON'T COME BACK.
Word around town is that I wasnt wrong?
 06-25-2013, 11:02 PM         #77
Yung Chance 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread full of fail top to bottom
 4 years ago '10        #78
MANNYSOSA 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,530 | Props total: 1715 1715
this thread got bumped with the quickness
 4 years ago '10        #79
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
So many L's in this thread (reminds of the Sideline Story thread hahah).

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
132 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
27 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
51 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
215 comments
1 day ago