LUKE CAGE - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Continues His Campaign To Play Power Man

most viewed right now
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
62 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Someone get F.B.I. Director James B. Comey on the line now!
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This nigguh Don Q is a midget..No cap!!
101 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #1
7629 pageviews
70 comments

bigscore 1690 heat pts1690
space
space
$13,542 | Props total: 21534 21534
LUKE CAGE - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Continues His Campaign To Play Power Man

As we know, Marvel head honcho Kevin Feige recently stated that he'd love to have Johnson come aboard the MCU. Now the former WWE champ has acknowledged this on Twitter, and of course has a very specific character in mind that he'd like to play..

Thank U @marvel President Kevin Feige for the nod. I'll be ready. #RockAsCage #HeroForHire bit.ly/11EJTft twitter.com/TheRock/status…

— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) May 17, 2013

While this is obviously all very awesome, all you need to do is take a look at the article right below this one to see that (as far as Feige is willing to reveal anyway) Marvel don't seem to have any big-screen plans for Luke Cage over the next few years -- unless of course The Rock knows something we don't! But barring Cage, and a.ssuming that both parties will eventually come together as they clearly would like to, who else in the Marvel Comics universe would be a good fit for Johnson to play?

visit this link www.comicbookmovie.com

70 comments for "LUKE CAGE - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Continues His Campaign To Play Power Man"

5 years ago '05        #2
P DRILLA 106 heat pts106
space
space
$11,012 | Props total: 8497 8497
 5 years ago '07        #3
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,000 | Props total: 1682 1682
I like the rock but not for cage.
 5 years ago '06        #4
Jhnnyblz427 187 heat pts187
space
space
$38,044 | Props total: 24059 24059
 Heisenberg said:
thats why its called acting numnuts
 5 years ago '11        #5
Kobane 163 heat pts163
space
space
$15,161 | Props total: 2437 2437
 5 years ago '10        #6
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 118 118
 Heisenberg said:
thats why its called acting numnuts
He doesn't act though, Dwayne Johnson has basically been The Rock in every movie he has ever been in
 5 years ago '04        #7
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
 Heisenberg said:
Yeah but what does Rock's personality have to do with portraying a fictional character? once he is on set he isn't the Rock anymore but transforms into the Black Panther so his personality have nothing to do with anything. Same thing with Daniel Day lewis as Lincoln or Heath Ledger as The Joker. when nolan casted Heath for The Joker i'm sure he didn't say "hmmm his personality isn't right for this." no he acted the sh*t outta that audition and got the role. If The Rock can transform into Black Panther and play it good that's all that matters
Luke Cage isn't Black Panther..
 5 years ago '10        #8
Agentzer0oo0 215 heat pts215
space
space
$69,253 | Props total: 27562 27562
 G Code said:
He doesn't act though, Dwayne Johnson has basically been The Rock in every movie he has ever been in
That's a lie.

He's improved his acting range tremendously since he first started in movies.

Michael 1987 said:
I guess u can say Denzel does that same actin job in all of his movies then too

He was great in Flight though.
 05-17-2013, 03:13 PM         #9
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 G Code said:
Word. I forgot the time when the Rock was half-scorpion/half-human in real life.
 5 years ago '13        #10
fishpoop 1 heat pts
space
space
$9,063 | Props total: 9274 9274
 Cheeze said:
Word. I forgot the time when the Rock was half-scorpion/half-human in real life.
 5 years ago '10        #11
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 118 118
 Cheeze said:
Idk if you were trying to be funny by over exaggerate what I said or try to convince me of his acting skills by bringing up the scorpion king, but you accomplished neither
 05-17-2013, 05:00 PM         #12
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 G Code said:
Idk if you were trying to be funny by over exaggerate what I said or try to convince me of his acting skills by bringing up the scorpion king, but you accomplished neither
looks like I did

Cheeze said:
 fishpoop said:
 5 years ago '04        #13
Marccoogs19 184 heat pts184
space
space
$10,745 | Props total: 6800 6800
Anybody who has read Luke Cage in the last few years knows that this is a win for Marvel. Cage is a badass motherfu*ker who is always good for a quick and funny one liner. The rock has been that guy for 15 years. And don't forget that he actually looks like a fu*king superhero. Rock has proved himself in Pain and Gain, and also the movie Snitch. He's the biggest star in movies right now, and Marvel would be crazy to pass that up.
 5 years ago '13        #14
PsychoCyber 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,969 | Props total: 2141 2141
do you guys really think the rocks acting performance in pain and gain was that great?
 5 years ago '10        #15
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 4 4
My big question is expensive is it gonna be to bring this n*gga in as a start up to a franchise? I feel they can find somebody lesser know or a completely new face to play the leading man and save a sh*t load of money doing it. All that saved revenue can go toward better locations and special affects. I have now doubt that he would be OK as Luke but...they still can find somebody else.
 5 years ago '07        #16
Sleazy 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,597 | Props total: 400 400
Someone actually compared Daniel Day Lewis and Heath Ledger to The Rock in terms of acting
 5 years ago '04        #17
Marccoogs19 184 heat pts184
space
space
$10,745 | Props total: 6800 6800
Honestly a Luke Cage doesnt need some ridiculously colorful crazy budget movie. He's more of street level hero, unlike someone who flies and has aerial battles like Iron Man & Thor. They just need to show him when he was a gangsta and how he went through the experiment in prison, then him kicking all the people's a.sses, who fu*ked him over before he got to prison, then that would lead to him getting recruited into the Avengers. With a lower budget, they can afford The Rock.

And people are so quick to say otherwise on the rock, but can't come up with someone better than him. Folks always end up just mentioning Michael j white, for the millionth time.

Last edited by Marccoogs19; 05-17-2013 at 06:55 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #18
dangeroushall 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,542 | Props total: 1001 1001
Man... fu*k LUKE CAGE...

I need that IRONFIST

Bout to get in shape so I can play Orson Randall haha
 5 years ago '06        #19
Yung Dilla 1497 heat pts1497
space
space
$57,440 | Props total: 36324 36324
Rampage just met with john singlton a few weeks ago for the luke cage role..
 05-18-2013, 02:09 AM         #20
BayArea51 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i just finished some documentaries of the Rock on Netflix, a Stone Cold one too,

good times man good times
Home      

most viewed right now
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
65 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
104 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
25 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Someone get F.B.I. Director James B. Comey on the line now!
39 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When you pretend her jokes are funnier than they are so you can smash
31 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This nigguh Don Q is a midget..No cap!!
102 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Cardi B Speech But She Only Makes Weird Noises
51 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She made Petyr Baelish Littlefinger into Kawhifinger
18 comments
19 hours ago