Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
106 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
5750 pageviews
54 comments

C-Stylez 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
$594 | Props total: 5 5
May 17 - Pr0n copyright trolls: Pay up or we`ll tell your friends, family

Video Here: visit this link pr0n copyright trolls: Pay up or we`ll tell your friends, family - Chicago News and Weather | FOX 32 News

CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) -

Imagine how embarrassed you'd be if your neighbors and friends learned you'd been accused of illegally downloading adult pr0n films. Some Chicago lawyers have been accused of playing upon those fears to collect millions of dollars in settlements.

Those millions of dollars in settlements don't come from big-multi-million dollar payouts, but instead from thousands of individuals who paid a few thousand dollars apiece to avoid being outed as someone accused of illegally downloading pr0n films.

Last November, Shannon Vincent received a letter from her internet provider, telling her that her personal internet records had been subpoenaed. A pr0n film company claimed that four of its films, including busty construction girls, had been tracked to an IP address linked to Shannon's account.

"Every time I would start to think, okay, I just can't handle it, I would think, I'm innocent, I'm innocent. So why would I pay them?" Vincent says.

Vincent says she never downloaded the busty construction girls video and had no clue how pr0n films showed up with her IP address. She could quietly settle the case for a few thousand dollars, or f!ght it and be outed publicly in a lawsuit.

"My understanding is that a lot of people pay the settlement fee because they don't want to be a.ssociated with this pr0nography title," Vincent says. "Either their jobs, embarrassment in the community, things like that."

Every year, lawyers for pr0n companies pursue thousands of people like Shannon who the companies believe downloaded copyrighted pr0n films without paying for them.

The lawyers often send demand letters, suggesting that suspects settle the case before neighbors and relatives are questioned about it.

"One of the defenses to people who get these letters is it wasn't me, it was perhaps someone else who had access to my wireless network," says Chris Buccafusco who teaches copyright law. "The response then is, okay, we'll interview them, we'll go talk to your neighbors and see about this."

Attorney Charles Mudd Jr. has defended numerous people accused of downloading copyrighted pr0n. He says pr0n company lawyers often target the wrong people and settlement demands of $4,000 are ridiculous for a thirty dollar movie. But his clients would still rather pay than be linked to pr0n.

"Some people are scared to death," Mudd Jr. explains. "There's no question that the people that I speak to, many of them are scared, frightened and pressured into settling just for that reason. It's not just the monetary aspects, it the public disclosure aspects."

The lawyers using these tactics have been labeled by their critics as "copyright trolls."

Ten days ago, a federal judge in California handed down this order, issuing sanctions against a Chicago law firm, the Prenda Law Group, for its alleged trolling practices.

Judge Otis wright wrote that Prenda's attorneys had used copyright laws to "plunder the citizentry" and he accused attorneys of "brazen misconduct and relentless fraud." The judge even referred the case to federal prosecutors.

One of the attorneys cited by judge wright was Paul Duffy of the Prenda group, another was John Steele, who is no longer with Prenda.

The judge suggested they had collected millions of dollars through copyright trolling.

Charles Mudd says that's not surprising.

"Based on the settlement amounts per individual, and the number of cases out there, not just those that we represented, but that have just been out there, across the United States," Mudd Jr. says. "There's no question there's been millions of dollars made."

Neither John Steele nor Paul Duffy responded to our requests for comment, but in a magazine interview after the sanctions, John Steele said, "this judge is completely biased against our type of litigation. Anyone who's researched this judge knows it. There have been some very harsh rulings by this judge against intellectual property plaintiffs. I think there were some errors made, and that's why we have appellate courts."

Speaking of errors, Shannon Vincent eventually convinced her accusers that an error had been made. They dropped her case, and now, she's selling T-shirts that warn others about copyright trollers.

"The only way it's going to stop is if people start talking about it and bringing attention to it," Vincent says.

Shannon says when all this started, she wasn't going to let the copyright trolls spread her name all around the neighborhood. She went knocking on doors herself, telling her neighbors what they might hear about her, and that it wasn't true.

Read more: visit this link pr0n copyright trolls: Pay up or we`ll tell your friends, family - Chicago News and Weather | FOX 32 News

54 comments for "May 17 - Pr0n copyright trolls: Pay up or we`ll tell your friends, family"

5 years ago '11        #2
Suppafresh 26 heat pts26
space
space
$6,090 | Props total: 265 265
sh*t out me I give zero fu*ks my family gone be like let me get that "wet pus*y vol2" off u
 5 years ago '11        #3
Sin 1263 heat pts1263
space
space
$18,466 | Props total: 39371 39371
i'll tell them do what you gotta do im not paying you nothing
 5 years ago '11        #4
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,408 | Props total: 3973 3973
Yeah, they must be going after the right people, cuz I know too many n*ggaz that would give zero fu*ks about u outing their pr0n life (if its between that and paying u thousands of dollars). This is kinda like extortion tho.
 5 years ago '05        #5
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,711 | Props total: 7018 7018
only way i see you being embarrassed is if you looking at some
 5 years ago '05        #6
P DRILLA 103 heat pts103
space
space
$10,683 | Props total: 6585 6585
streaming>>>>>
 05-17-2013, 04:08 PM         #7
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Monster d!cks in White Chix"

5 years ago '06        #8
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 P DRILLA said:
streaming>>>>>
Ant Video Downloader>>>>>
 05-17-2013, 08:44 PM         #9
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They must be going after some middle age white people who still thinking watching pr0n is taboo.
 5 years ago '05        #10
bobbysteels18 663 heat pts663
space
space
space
$7,602 | Props total: 2509 2509
 S.TEX said:
"Monster d!cks in White Chix"

Black chicks on cracker d!cks.
 5 years ago '05        #11
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,281 | Props total: 2471 2471
They gonna have dirt on anyone watching alot of weird sh*t like beastiality
 05-18-2013, 01:36 AM         #12
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Avitos Way said:
They must be going after some middle age white people who still thinking watching pr0n is taboo.
obviously, they don't take food stamps
 05-18-2013, 02:12 AM         #13
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know damn well most of the people paying that hush money are married dudes who are closet cases and been downloading gay sh*t.
 05-18-2013, 02:30 AM         #14
evici1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

funny sh*t
 5 years ago '07        #15
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
n*gga whos family doesnt know their kids watch pr0n
 5 years ago '09        #16
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
I thought about doing that
 5 years ago '09        #17
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
 P DRILLA said:
streaming>>>>>
you don't quite understand what streaming is eh?
It's not like you just remotely watch the video, it gets cached and saved on your HDD.
It's still traceable and copyright infringement breh
 5 years ago '13        #18
XxKingLeonxX 
space
space
$37,305 | Props total: 10953 10953
 Lil Jay said:
you don't quite understand what streaming is eh?
It's not like you just remotely watch the video, it gets cached and saved on your HDD.
It's still traceable and copyright infringement breh
So technically... If you watch a youtube video with a song from an album they can say you downloaded music?

5 years ago '13        #19
XxKingLeonxX 
space
space
$37,305 | Props total: 10953 10953
I don't get it.... If streaming those scenes aren't legal then how come there are so many and the sites don't get shut down? Is it because of the low quality?
 5 years ago '12        #20
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 740 740
 Suppafresh said:
sh*t out me I give zero fu*ks my family gone be like let me get that "wet pus*y vol2" off u
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
163 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy