It's Official: UFC Fighters Have The Worst Contracts In All Of Sports

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #21
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
n*ggas in here comparing old money to new money :

boxing has been around for centuries, MMA 20 years. of course the the money well is deeper

and floyd is an anomaly, idk why cats are using him as the measuring rod for boxing salaries. this argument comes up every few weeks on boxden and n*ggas keep repeating the same dumb sh*t
 5 years ago '04        #22
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,221 | Props total: 2219 2219
 nightmare said:

boxing has been around for centuries, MMA 20 years. of course the the money well is deeper

and floyd is an anomaly, idk why cats are using him as the measuring rod for boxing salaries. this argument comes up every few weeks on boxden and n*ggas keep repeating the same dumb sh*t

That's like comparing Mr. Olympia prize money to Crossfit prize money. I would say Crossfit is actually more popular right now but since it's so new there isn't as much money behind it as an older competition with more history.
 5 years ago '07        #23
Jago 1030 heat pts1030 OP
space
space
space
$3,758 | Props total: 5442 5442
 nightmare said:

I'm a.ssuming you're one of the people who didn't read the contracts. They are absolutely terrible. The contracts has nothing to do with "old" or "new" money. They are just bad, period. I don't know why anyone would try to defend the UFC on this. These f!ghters need a union, bad.
 05-15-2013, 05:27 PM         #24
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dana White can do whatever he wants because there is no competition and the PPV contracts go through him and the UFC not the f!ghters themselves. A f!ghter like spider needs to step up and either start an exodus or re-work his contract so he can start making that PPV money.

Truth be told, with a handful of f!ghter the UFC would be sh*t full of Jujitsu f!ghters that roll around like homos. The UFC would fall should GSP, Spider, Bones and some other cats decided to leave to a competitor. These f!ghters need better agents
 05-15-2013, 05:31 PM         #25
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nightmare said:

When you compare the top paid boxers to MMA f!ghters it'll be clear to see that Floyd isn't an anomaly.

This has nothing to do with longevity and all to do with the setup. The UFC has been setup way differently than boxing. The UFC is a monopoly
 5 years ago '05        #26
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13741 13741
 dlettern said:
Dana White can do whatever he wants because there is no competition and the PPV contracts go through him and the UFC not the f!ghters themselves. A f!ghter like spider needs to step up and either start an exodus or re-work his contract so he can start making that PPV money.

Truth be told, with a handful of f!ghter the UFC would be sh*t full of Jujitsu f!ghters that roll around like homos. The UFC would fall should GSP, Spider, Bones and some other cats decided to leave to a competitor. These f!ghters need better agents
 5 years ago '06        #27
RayG210 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,596 | Props total: 256 256
 Jago said:
I'm a.ssuming you're one of the people who didn't read the contracts. They are absolutely terrible. The contracts has nothing to do with "old" or "new" money. They are just bad, period. I don't know why anyone would try to defend the UFC on this. These f!ghters need a union, bad.
I think this is because people are coming here a.ssuming this is another rant thread on why UFC f!ghters are underpaid, when it's actually about the sh*tty contract terms.
 05-15-2013, 05:56 PM         #28
iQon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How can a MMA f!ghter complain when they're signing contracts restricting them to work for one company?

You're not gonna make anywhere near 40 million when the UFC is setting everything up for you.
 05-15-2013, 06:01 PM         #29
mightyhealthy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Don't know why this is even a question? People really wonder why Mayweather and the top boxers make more money than the UFC? Cause people gamble 1 million times percent more on boxing than UFC. That is why the purse is bigger. Boxing has more of a defined outcome than UFC thus making it a more safe bet in Vegas and around the world. Also, no UFC f!ghter has an international/national following that comes close to Mayweather and Pacquiao's fan following.
 05-15-2013, 06:04 PM         #30
iQon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dlettern said:
When you compare the top paid boxers to MMA f!ghters it'll be clear to see that Floyd isn't an anomaly.

This has nothing to do with longevity and all to do with the setup. The UFC has been setup way differently than boxing. The UFC is a monopoly
No boxer makes anywhere NEAR what Floyd gets guaranteed. And that's not just right now, that's historically. I think Tyson is the only other f!ghter to even make $30m guaranteed.

How is that not an anomaly?
 5 years ago '07        #31
Dane Van Rip 2 heat pts
space
space
$295 | Props total: 3 3
Why do y'all compare boxing to MMA? Not the same sh*t it's like comparing soccer to baseball because they play on a field. You can agrue that one is more popular but that doesn't make it better. The tops MMA guys will never make what the top boxers make. UFC (NFL) the top league for MMAers and they own your a.ss like the NFL does with its players and its the most popular sport in America. For the players it sucks compared to baseball and basketball contracts. Floyd is #1 and 7 baseball players, 6 basketball players, 4 football players, 2 golfers in the top 20. I'm sure no MMA guys are in the top 100. I'm boxing fan but I watch the top f!ghters in MMA. It will never replace boxing because it isn't the same sh*t. 100+ plus years of boxing 20 years of MMA... Horse racing was once the most popular sport in America and its still around.
 5 years ago '04        #32
Mumbletaker 58 heat pts58
space
space
$11,486 | Props total: 7156 7156
 Zaosyn said:
MMA is not a sport that is gonna be here in 100 years and if it is gonna be here in 100 years, UFC isn't. Dana and boys are just cashing in and trying to preserve the sport for as long as they can. UFC isn't as hot as it was years ago and we can expect things to get sh*ttier once Anderson and GSP retire befor they get better.

Here's some cliff notes about the contract that I stole from someone on the underground
1. Zuffa owns your likeness so they can continue to profit off of tapes of your past f!ghts. I a.ssume that the f!ghter is compensated for that (like an actor gets money when their show is in syndication)

2. All main eventers (except Brock when he was there) have to promote their f!ghts when and where UFC tells them to. Sounds fair.

3. You can't compete in other sports (or wrestling) while under contract. Other major sports have the same policy. If you get hurt doing something else then that's time and money wasted.

4. The champions clause keeps the champ from jumping to another company.

5. This was Eddie's title shot in writing.

6. Eddie's first ppv was suppose to be the one headlined by Diaz/GSP, which did close to a million buys. So that's an extra $200,000 no matter if he won his f!ght or not. That's another reason why he was mad at Bellator for not letting him go.

7. UFC wants you at the show but you gotta pay for your friends and fam.

8. Behave yourself or we might lose sponsers. And no more swastika tatoos!

9. UFC has bought medical insurance for all their f!ghters. Nobody's been cut for being injured since then (please correct me if I'm wrong)

10. They only need to match the money of any offer, not the incentives.

11. UFC will pay for your injuries so don't sue us and give us bad PR
 5 years ago '05        #33
ChokeHold 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,971 | Props total: 23 23
UFC as a brand sells by itself at times. they develop new f!ghters constantly. they have more power than even their most popular star (probably gsp right now). if gsp, silva and jon jones all quit tomorrow UFC will be hurt for a bit and then be just fine by next year. this is because the brand carries the sport so they have the power.

boxers like mayweather can negotiate for the vast majority of the money because if he doesn't f!ght who else will they get to take his place and do a million buys? or even 300k buys? the boxing promoters are at mercy because boxing is a dying sport and only has 3-4 stars left that bring in the ppv buys.

this is also the reason mayweather f!ghts do so well, there's nothing else so you only have 1 option for a high profile f!ght every year now. and then he f!ghts tomato cans and people have to take it or leave it RIP boxing
 5 years ago '06        #34
space
space
 Jago said:
i never said the contracts were optimal. im merely referring to the constant comparisons to boxing. most boxing contracts suck as well, so comparing things based on floyd is silly
 5 years ago '06        #35
space
space
 dlettern said:

Floyd is the top paid american athlete, what other boxer is anywhere NEAR that?
 5 years ago '04        #36
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 Zaosyn said:
Here's some cliff notes about the contract that I stole from someone on the underground
That you stole from the internet you mean?

5 years ago '05        #37
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 HiRolliN said:
Dana White and the Fertitta brothers have the MMA circuit in choke hold and thats the reason why mma f!ghters sign those slave contracts. no other company can pay f!ghters what zuffa is offering and unfortunately for the f!ghters zuffa is not paying anything that is close to fair payment unless your on ufc's top 10 p4p list.

[pic - click to view]

It is fair though. UFC has to use most of the revenue to stay afloat. People aren't paying to see anyone other than GSP, Jones, or Silva. The rest of those guys only get fans to come to their f!ghts because they are UFC. Take away Cain's UFC belt and tell me how popular he would be.

Last edited by Bea5T; 05-15-2013 at 09:12 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #38
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 715 715
 Zaosyn said:
MMA is not a sport that is gonna be here in 100 years and if it is gonna be here in 100 years, UFC isn't. Dana and boys are just cashing in and trying to preserve the sport for as long as they can. UFC isn't as hot as it was years ago and we can expect things to get sh*ttier once Anderson and GSP retire befor they get better.

It's actually bigger today then it's ever been. so....
 5 years ago '10        #39
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
Mayweather i voldermont. His name should be forbidden to speak on by these dudes
 5 years ago '05        #40
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13741 13741
 hockeythug said:
That you stole from the internet you mean?

The Underground is the site you linked to, hence Zao saying he stole it from "the underground."
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy