Killer Mike Says "New White Rappers" Brought "Self-Pity" To Hip Hop

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
93 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #141
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
Racism sure is an ugly thing, thanks for reminding us Mike. However I thought you'd be at the very least tolerant of evolution in art due to the the intolerance the race you belong to was exposed to. I digress though.
 5 years ago '12        #142
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
thread went 9 pages

A lot of pissed off people
 5 years ago '06        #143
esvi 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 828 828
 DanBootleg said:
Racism sure is an ugly thing, thanks for reminding us Mike. However I thought you'd be at the very least tolerant of evolution in art due to the the intolerance the race you belong to was exposed to. I digress though.
Yeah I was thinking about that too...

But I seemed to have misread the thread title
If I had seen the "New" before, I would have say he's 90% true
Still, I'm bothered by the way he formulated his statement
 5 years ago '05        #144
space
space
 esvi said:
Yeah I was thinking about that too...

But I seemed to have misread the thread title
If I had seen the "New" before, I would have say he's 90% true
Still, I'm bothered by the way he formulated his statement
I disregard the use of "new" in the title all together. Self pity has kind of always been a thing in rap music, I mean rappers still brag about coming from a sh*tty situation like it's a good thing. This statement seems to be derived more from an influx of caucasian rappers in the mainstream.

I could take his statement and really apply it anywhere, for instance

These "new" black hockey players have brought violence to the sport.

Yet hockey has always been a violent sport and the fact that these new players are black has nothing to do with it.

I honestly think he's frustrated that artists like Yelawolf, Macklemore, Logic, and MKG have thrived when he hasn't been able to.
 5 years ago '07        #145
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,228 | Props total: 3281 3281
 DanBootleg said:
I disregard the use of "new" in the title all together. Self pity has kind of always been a thing in rap music, I mean rappers still brag about coming from a sh*tty situation like it's a good thing. This statement seems to be derived more from an influx of caucasian rappers in the mainstream.

I could take his statement and really apply it anywhere, for instance

These "new" black hockey players have brought violence to the sport.

Yet hockey has always been a violent sport and the fact that these new players are black has nothing to do with it.

I honestly think he's frustrated that artists like Yelawolf, Macklemore, Logic, and MKG have thrived when he hasn't been able to.
He's not just referring to "pity rap" per se. It's more about the rappers that already had everything before rap but still rap and complain about trivial things. Eminem does not fit the criteria he's referring to, however Mac Miller and guys like him do. Try to understand what he's saying before you jump the gun. It's very simple.
 5 years ago '06        #146
esvi 17 heat pts17
space
space
 strongthetruth said:
He's not just referring to "pity rap" per se. It's more about the rappers that already had everything before rap but still rap and complain about trivial things. Eminem does not fit the criteria he's referring to, however Mac Miller and guys like him do. Try to understand what he's saying before you jump the gun. It's very simple.
yeah definitely...
but still, I'm not sure his approach is completely valid
I can't be all about race. Hip Hop is the opposite of intolerent
"Black" rappers would be in that description too
All the diggy simons and childish gambino well that's the same thingg than Mac miller in my opinion

To me the problem in Hip Hop isn't the race
Let's not fool ourselves,
even back in the day all the gangsta rappers got their success from white audiences (when it comes to album sales at least)

I would say the real problem is over saturation
The over saturation allows anyone to enter the game
regardless of their talent, and subject matter
and once again how mainstream hip hop swayed from what it initially was

EDIT :
Mainstream hip hop from black Rappers brought self pity on hip hop itself
When a former CO is gloryfing drug trade
When an entire label decide to make hip hop its biggest cliché (im talking YMCMB)
MMG and YMCMB are for me responsible for this new wave of self pity rappers

when you dumb the game down
Make trash a.ss cliché generic music
Turn Hip Hop into a "violence is nice" movement
You can't be taken seriously
Let's face it, Drake opened the door for any "new white rappers"
more than new white rappers opened the door for self pity in hip hop

Last edited by esvi; 05-11-2013 at 10:34 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #147
space
space
space
 esvi said:
yeah definitely...
but still, I'm not sure his approach is completely valid
I can't be all about race. Hip Hop is the opposite of intolerent
"Black" rappers would be in that description too
All the diggy simons and childish gambino well that's the same thingg than Mac miller in my opinion

To me the problem in Hip Hop isn't the race
Let's not fool ourselves,
even back in the day all the gangsta rappers got their success from white audiences (when it comes to album sales at least)

I would say the real problem is over saturation
The over saturation allows anyone to enter the game
regardless of their talent, and subject matter
and once again how mainstream hip hop swayed from what it initially was
I agree
 05-11-2013, 10:27 AM         #148
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so he going to act like every rapper doesnt have a woe me track about growing up in the ghetto growing up with no parents....

some of the greatest tracks n hip hop history are about pain n struggle.
 5 years ago '05        #149
space
space
 strongthetruth said:
But isn't he? Who is he to say what someone's struggle is, regardless of the race issue at hand. It's very ignorant for him to say just because someone came from a better financial state than he did they can't feel sh*tty about their life.

This whole thing is a stupid view point on his behalf, and I know he only did it to get attention.
 5 years ago '10        #150
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13662 13662
 The N said:
Just wait until one of these white rappers burst out ranting to these brothas
You know probably that white guy diddy has, he looks like a hot head.

I really wanna see that happen

bmandagod said:
white people copying and stealing another culteres doing because they dont have 1 of their own and watering it down and making money off of it. get outta here. they would never do that impossible they say!!!
aint sh*t changed but the time and the weather

bigbarcelona said:
White boys heated cause k!ller Mike drop some truth about you all. Don't get mad... Just be glad he took it easy.

Plus... I've never understood why a lot of you are here to begin with. If it wasn't for Eminem, most of you would be listening to Mumford & Son. Plus, its obvious a lot of you don't like n*ggas anyway let along have black friends, so why come to a website where your bullsh*t views don't mean sh*t? Isn't there enough neo nazi websites to spew your bullsh*t around?

Either way the n*gga spoke the truth and you soft a.ss hoes just need to wipe your tears and deal with it. We aren't going to side with you just like none of you would side with us so keep your bullsh*t moving.
damn homie, why you did em like that?
 5 years ago '04        #151
minimeblunts 
space
space
$4,710 | Props total: 11 11
Keeping racism alive!!!!!!!!!!! Preech on you stupid fu*k!

Macklemore > k!lller Mike

Stay madd bc there are multiple WHITE rappers who are on while you never got on!
 5 years ago '07        #152
space
space
space
 DanBootleg said:
But isn't he? Who is he to say what someone's struggle is, regardless of the race issue at hand. It's very ignorant for him to say just because someone came from a better financial state than he did they can't feel sh*tty about their life.

This whole thing is a stupid view point on his behalf, and I know he only did it to get attention.
If you've struggled before, I mean really struggled you would understand. The bottom is a cold place. The struggle is what Hip-Hop is about. Making it out the hood and beating the odds of being just another statistic. If you were born with the odds already beat there's no struggle. Em is the only white rapper I know of with a struggle. I can't get into his music but his struggle is real. He's most definitely Hip-Hop. Other's not so much. I've noticed over the years white Hip-Hop fans have placed a big focus on technical rap skill because they really can't relate or understand the struggle. I can tell by a lot of responses that most on here really don't understand also.
 5 years ago '10        #153
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13662 13662
 minimeblunts said:
Keeping racism alive!!!!!!!!!!! Preech on you stupid fu*k!

Macklemore > k!lller Mike

Stay madd bc there are multiple WHITE rappers who are on while you never got on!
 5 years ago '11        #154
marty mcfliz 
space
space
space
$847 | Props total: 348 348
In 20yrs hiphop will go the way of every other black music /entertainment go, them corporate whites to capitalize on it. Mean while eminem will be like what elvis was to rock n roll. Most will forget about the rakims, kanes, melly mels and all that. Got dam shame
 5 years ago '05        #155
space
space
 strongthetruth said:
If you've struggled before, I mean really struggled you would understand. The bottom is a cold place. The struggle is what Hip-Hop is about. Making it out the hood and beating the odds of being just another statistic. If you were born with the odds already beat there's no struggle. Em is the only white rapper I know of with a struggle. I can't get into his music but his struggle is real. He's most definitely Hip-Hop. Other's not so much. I've noticed over the years white Hip-Hop fans have placed a big focus on technical rap skill because they really can't relate or understand the struggle. I can tell by a lot of responses that most on here really don't understand also.
You're making an a.ssumption about me which you have no idea about, and I really don't feel like elaborating on my past. All Mike, and now you are doing is minimizing another person's struggle because it's not relevant to you.
 5 years ago '05        #156
GameBreaker 
space
space
$1,211 | Props total: 0 0
I'm so glad these rappers will never be in a position of power
 05-11-2013, 12:08 PM         #157
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 d2921 said:
k!ller mike is fu*king wack
Absolutely not.
 5 years ago '06        #158
esvi 17 heat pts17
space
space
these last five years hip hop suffered more because of cliche mainstream rappers than
new white rappers
that s a fact
 05-11-2013, 12:22 PM         #159
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1LynguisticMind said:
oh yes it was the whites that brought self pity.....not DMX, Drake, J. Cole, Ja Rule, Budden, Nas etc. Cause those rappers didnt rap about their personal pain and struggles right?

self pity? parents? the fu*k is he talking about?

go around talking like white rappers just rap about their parents, thats about as ignorant as saying all black rappers rap about their lack of parents;

im trying to figure out what rapper talks all time time about their parents????

Brother Ali?

Kno????

Macklemore????

Yelawolf??

Eminem??? sh*t he did, but now???

Mac MIller? hes whack as fu*k but all he rap about is partying?

Lil Wyte?

Sounds like k!ller Mike is using blatant prejudice. Hes making it sound like all rappers are rich spoiled brats who hate their mom and dads.

Guess he forgot there are 20x more poor white kids in this country then black folk
Well said

Sounds like straight racism from this talent less street rapper HOPING one day he'll hit it big like others have......

don't knock people because of their ethnicity and what their life situation is, EVERYONE has lived a different life, everyone has felt and dealt with different difficulties in their lives...

everything that this dumb fu*k said in his statement really made no sense wtf so ever

If people don't rap about their lives and what not where would the originality be ??? i've said it numerous times on this forum, but if everyone rapped the about the same old sh*t ALL the time like wayne and rick ross. then im sure rap would be in down the drain even more then it already is....
 05-11-2013, 12:32 PM         #160
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigbarcelona said:
White boys heated cause k!ller Mike drop some truth about you all. Don't get mad... Just be glad he took it easy.

Plus... I've never understood why a lot of you are here to begin with. If it wasn't for Eminem, most of you would be listening to Mumford & Son. Plus, its obvious a lot of you don't like n*ggas anyway let along have black friends, so why come to a website where your bullsh*t views don't mean sh*t? Isn't there enough neo nazi websites to spew your bullsh*t around?

Either way the n*gga spoke the truth and you soft a.ss hoes just need to wipe your tears and deal with it. We aren't going to side with you just like none of you would side with us so keep your bullsh*t moving.
I always noticed even in another thread about week ago you stay spewing your hate towards whites.... whats the problem bra ? that cute little blonde snow bunny that you liked shot you down years back and called you ugly ??? so forever your gonna hate the white race????

It's comments like yours posted above that make me speak my hate back towards you.... but then you'll use your usual trick and start pulling one of your classic posts
" Your a racist white boy " blah blah blah
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy