Killer Mike Says "New White Rappers" Brought "Self-Pity" To Hip Hop

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
190 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #121
rlnichol77 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,022 | Props total: 11 11
 240ka said:
We want our music bsck. Em really kicked the door down for these lames
if you really want your music back; stop downloading for free, your favorite artists and support them. Why do you think Justin Timberlake and Em can easily push 1mill records sold in a week ? Its because their own people support them . We cant have it both ways
 5 years ago '09        #122
kmj09 
space
space
$923 | Props total: 128 128
 rlnichol77 said:
if you really want your music back; stop downloading for free, your favorite artists and support them. Why do you think Justin Timberlake and Em can easily push 1mill records sold in a week ? Its because their own people support them . We cant have it both ways
 5 years ago '07        #123
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,197 | Props total: 3244 3244
 rlnichol77 said:
Or maybe it's the fact that there's substantially more whites than any other race in this country. Sales numbers don't calculate the difference in population percentage. You're speaking as if we're all equally divided.
 5 years ago '07        #124
space
space
space
 Stupendamatic said:
Yup. When you look at, classify, and treat everything as black and white then yes you are part of the problem. Listen to yourself, you keep addressing whites as "you" and blacks as "we". I see you tried to save face and throw in "Yes... There's a few of you that are cool " but fu*k the other 98% of the white non black/ population right?

Keep walking around with a pre-assumed judgement on others and you'll always receive the same in return. Open your eyes, it's a fu*king cycle that you contribute to.
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not race has and will always play a role in every issue in this country. That's what the U. S. was built on. You can talk equally all you want but it will never be 100% equal here. It's way bigger than music.
 5 years ago '07        #125
space
space
space
 Matt504 said:
a large number of White people in America genuinely believe that racism isn't as big of a deal as Black people make it out to be.

this is an excellent article to check out to help us develop a better understanding.
Exactly. Even on this forum. Every thread mentioning racism as an issue gets locked/deleted to make it as if it doesn't exist. Denying something exists doesn't make it go away or any better. At the end of the day it is what it is but don't insult black peoples' intelligence like it doesn't exist. It ain't about no race card or nothing like that, it's life. It's very much alive. Always has been always will be.
 5 years ago '04        #126
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
self pity is bad? yet rapping about being fake homo thugs is cool? cmon k!ller mike
 5 years ago '07        #127
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,338 | Props total: 2048 2048
 d2921 said:
k!ller mike is fu*king wack
Shut up, f*ggot. Rap music was one of the best albums of 12
 5 years ago '04        #128
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,366 | Props total: 6377 6377
i know that this has nothing to do with the conversation but is the rumor that k!ller mike was the one leaking outkast sh!t back in the day true?
 5 years ago '04        #129
space
space
 mm1000 said:
Except drake is not white
but drake fits everything he said

so does childish gambino to an extent.

white rappers aren't the only ones that do "oh woe is me". there are just more of them in general
 5 years ago '04        #130
space
space
 strongthetruth said:
Exactly. Even on this forum. Every thread mentioning racism as an issue gets locked/deleted to make it as if it doesn't exist. Denying something exists doesn't make it go away or any better. At the end of the day it is what it is but don't insult black peoples' intelligence like it doesn't exist. It ain't about no race card or nothing like that, it's life. It's very much alive. Always has been always will be.

it gets locked/deleted because the last time boxden let it roam free you had half the forum calling people chinks and a bunch of other terms and everyt thread just became a race ewar. even if race had zero to do with it. ronnie had to ***** that word for a while.

had a bunch of ja rule albums that said (features **** santana) on em before you downloaded it
 5 years ago '07        #131
space
space
space
 Matt504 said:
trust me I've noticed, myself and a few other members had a thread in the KC completely disappear when we started really breaking through to the source of our problems.

I can make a thread right now about some bullsh*t f!ght on world star and that thread will remain perfectly in place until the end of time.

it begs a question:

why don't our White counterparts want us to focus on constructive ways to repair our condition?

if we make a thread about what's wrong with hip-hop and how it needs an overhaul, White people will INSTANTLY attack those threads with passive aggressive shortsighted posts arguing that "it's just music" "if you can't tell the difference between entertainment and reality, then you're stupid"

it's quite easy for our White counterparts to make the distinction, seeing as how they don't see crack dealers on their corners, or have to hear gunshots around the clock, or fear being robbed or k!lled by the very same members of the community you grew up with. they can turn off that world at any moment, open the windows and listen to the birds chirp if they so chose.

black youths actually live and breathe these conditions everyday, it's not entertainment for them, but a way of life, a sick way of life that's glamorized by record corporations in effort to extract profit, and demoralize a group of people at the same damn time.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
 5 years ago '07        #132
space
space
space
 justinjones said:

it gets locked/deleted because the last time boxden let it roam free you had half the forum calling people chinks and a bunch of other terms and everyt thread just became a race ewar. even if race had zero to do with it. ronnie had to ***** that word for a while.

had a bunch of ja rule albums that said (features **** santana) on em before you downloaded it
Now ask yourself this, does it make more sense to lock/delete a thread or to just get rid of the ones making the racist unintelligent comments? That's accepting and enabling the ones to be on the forum but hiding the real problem.
 5 years ago '07        #133
space
space
space
 dpgc00 said:
most people would be banned then. especially the black boys who bash white people every chance they get
Ok and what's wrong with that? Wrong is wrong.
 5 years ago '04        #134
space
space
 strongthetruth said:
Now ask yourself this, does it make more sense to lock/delete a thread or to just get rid of the ones making the racist unintelligent comments? That's accepting and enabling the ones to be on the forum but hiding the real problem.
it was more than half the forum that was doing that. it was for like 2 months when almost every thread ended up being like that.

just like half the news section ends up being a race situation
 5 years ago '07        #135
space
space
space
 justinjones said:
it was more than half the forum that was doing that. it was for like 2 months when almost every thread ended up being like that.

just like half the news section ends up being a race situation
So the solution is to accept it and hide it if it goes too far?
 5 years ago '04        #136
space
space
 strongthetruth said:
ok what solution could work when it comes to this?

you could say ban them but they come up with another name. that one dude here had about 5 different names because 4 of them got banned

it wasn't like they were discussing race relation they were just spewing racists sh!t
 5 years ago '11        #137
hayday12 85 heat pts85
space
space
$2,521 | Props total: 764 764
 strongthetruth said:
What would be a better solution?

Because n*ggas on here want to act like they want to have intelligent conversations on important topics but majority of them don't have the intelligence to even conduct themselves properly.
 5 years ago '05        #138
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3353 3353
 strongthetruth said:
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not race has and will always play a role in every issue in this country. That's what the U. S. was built on. You can talk equally all you want but it will never be 100% equal here. It's way bigger than music.
Please show me where I said race is not an issue, because I thought I made myself pretty clear. Yes we know racism exists, yes we know it plays a role, yes we know the ugly history of the US, yes we know it will never be perfect. I'm not and have not argued any of that in this thread or any other.

I don't know what issue you have with my response to the other guy since to sum up what I said was pretty much you shouldn't walk around a.ssuming you know the thoughts, feelings, emotions, motives of someone based solely on the color of their skin or because they're not from the same place.

The world isn't perfect and I know it's cliche and cheesy but treat others the way you wish to be treated. Yeah there are a lot of sh*tty people out there (i've worked in sales for 5+ years i know!) but that doesn't mean I'm going to change how I treat people. I have my own principals and morals I live by and I wouldn't be the person I am if I just abandoned them to bring myself down to the level of those I despise.

With that said I'm not ignorant to it all and understand the issues we face. A lot of progress has been made and any future progress will be up to us and our kids. It's not much but I'm just trying to do my part, and God willing when I have kids someday I'll raise them to not live with hate in their heart.
 5 years ago '07        #139
space
space
space
 justinjones said:
ok what solution could work when it comes to this?

you could say ban them but they come up with another name. that one dude here had about 5 different names because 4 of them got banned

it wasn't like they were discussing race relation they were just spewing racists sh!t
I honestly don't know a sure way to stop it. My initial statement was just to point out that racism very much exists. And the accepting and hiding method used on this board applies in each and every one of our lives of those located in the U.S. And to point out the denial of its existence in life by some of the guys on here is very insulting to those that live through and experience it.
 5 years ago '04        #140
space
space
 strongthetruth said:
I honestly don't know a sure way to stop it. My initial statement was just to point out that racism very much exists. And the accepting and hiding method used on this board applies in each and every one of our lives of those located in the U.S. And to point out the denial of its existence in life by some of the guys on here is very insulting to those that live through and experience it.
but i will say that racism isn't as bad as some people on here make it out to be either.

you mean to tell me that 98% of white people are racists

my homeboy used to hate every white person he saw until he got to college and started to party at different schools and sh!t. now he thinks differently. if people just experience the world more than it probably would be less of it. not saying its possible because of situations but based on my experiences that tends to happen to people

of course racism exists. i experienced it but i know that i experience less of it now then i did when i was younger
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
80 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
288 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
42 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
60 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
70 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy