Killer Mike Says "New White Rappers" Brought "Self-Pity" To Hip Hop

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
143 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #21
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,864 | Props total: 5656 5656
is he talking about el-p the guys who his worked with on 2 albums now? has he even bothered to listen to what el-p raps about?

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

what the fu*k is he on about, i swear he comes of as a smart dumb n*gga sometimes
 5 years ago '05        #22
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,864 | Props total: 5656 5656
that self pity is called honesty, isnt rap all about "keeping it real" well thats what self pity is
 05-10-2013, 10:08 AM         #23
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Emperor85 said:
is he talking about el-p the guys who his worked with on 2 albums now? has he even bothered to listen to what el-p raps about?

what the fu*k is he on about, i swear he comes of as a smart dumb n*gga sometimes
Don't you ever compare El-Producto to what Mike's talking about
 5 years ago '10        #24
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,846 | Props total: 8964 8964
I agree that k!ller Mike shouldn't lump white rappers in the same category, but he does have a point.

*cough* Drake *cough*
 5 years ago '05        #25
Rockstar718 69 heat pts69
space
space
$10,836 | Props total: 9714 9714
its the truth, its not even about race really

its the only way white rappers can be taken seriously because we don't believe their struggle, they have to make songs that we can relate to.

if a white rapper came out on some rick ross/freddie gibbs/lil boosie sh*t he wouldn't sell

a white boy who got a flow talking about problems in his life now that we can relate to

this is the thing, if you join a culture you need to conform, before it became commercial hip hop was about showing our stuggle, so in order for us to see you as hip hop we need to see some type of struggle

now however the game is kinda saturated with white rappers who flow introspectively
 5 years ago '04        #26
Part2 
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 0 0
I dunno about you guys but when I first listened to Paul Wall I cried, I just felt all the self-pity flowing through his music.

Also I guarantee k!ller Mike had a harder upbringing than Cage.

See that's bullsh*t, but that's what you get when you make a blanket statement. I like and respect k!ller Mike a lot but he worded that terribly.
 5 years ago '11        #27
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 TheThreadLord said:
"I'm not saying that experience isn't worthy. I'm not saying it isn't valuable. I'm just saying that it's not special because every human being experiences love, pain and letdown. Your thing is no more special. A lot of times, as Americans and in this country, we feel like our suffering makes us special. You're special because you're a human being. How you deal with your suffering can make you extraordinary. Are you going to use it for self-pity or are you going to use it to help others?"
Realest sh*t spoken by anybody all year...
 05-10-2013, 02:05 PM         #28
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
white people missing the point again

proving the point again
 5 years ago '07        #29
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
His point ain't addin up. Most of the white rappers out now don't even rap about anything deep so their I never hear about their problems. Only Eminem got famous by doing that.

And I grew up on plenty of conscious black rappers who used self-pity to bring attention to problems that go on in the hood. I could relate to their problems so I felt connections and didn't see anything wrong with rapping like that.

Last edited by Playa; 05-10-2013 at 02:16 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #30
4o 0z 4 heat pts
space
space
$963 | Props total: 16 16
i was talking about this just the other day. rap/hip hop was originally an outlet for the people of the struggle. i dont think he particularly meant white rappers, but folks with money that cant relate to coming from no $$
 5 years ago '07        #31
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Im Soo Special said:
i really dont know wtf he's talkin bout. how many white rappers are there? there are more white female rappers that dont rap wat he's talking bout they do than there's white rappers
those white rap females do swag rap they are trash and irrelevant
 5 years ago '04        #32
Zirov 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,457 | Props total: 420 420
Cool, good read. k!ller Mike and Scarface been dropping knowledge bombs lately, the whole "self-pity" raps are as played out as "i did this, i did that, while i was doing this, and then i did this" cliched raps. look at odd future, they are the example of loser self pity raps, pretty much a carbon copy of Eminems mommy and daddy issues, so I would correct k!ller and say its not only the white peoples fault, its the fact that a LOT of Lames Simps and Losers can relate to the emo clowns (and they have money to buy albums) look at the following of horrible music genres like hardcore and gothcore, sad pale overweight inbred depressed sheeple.

p.s. I think he is hinting at the bigger picture the more i think about it: White people as a whole collective are nervous, sly and cunning. this "self pity" aka "self guilt trip" feelings and ideas are a direct result of the catholic church upbringings and white religions brainwashing people "your a sinner in the womb" etc

fu*k religion....
love is my religion 1
 5 years ago '10        #33
Donny D 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 17 17
 Root Of Evil said:

can't think of any either
Paul Wall.
 5 years ago '04        #34
Zirov 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,457 | Props total: 420 420

[video - click to view]

Sean1 aka Slug aka Atmosphere in 1989
Hip Hop is bigger than skin colour 4 real
 5 years ago '04        #35
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,305 | Props total: 12975 12975
 d2921 said:
k!ller mike is fu*king wack
Wrong, though he is coming off bitter.
 5 years ago '10        #36
MagicOnTheTire 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 1098 1098
 d2921 said:
k!ller mike is fu*king wack
:t iphah:

I'ma leave this here

[video - click to view]

05-10-2013, 03:34 PM         #37
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love when sh*tty ex-mainstream rappers wanna treat all of hip-hop like the mainstream is all that exists. 70% of underground hip-hop is white rappers. His argument is really ridiculous considering Drake, Kanye and Budden are all black and they are the softest, most candy a.ss sh*t in rap. Are there Emo white rappers? Sure. But for every emotional rapper like Cage, there is a Vinnie Paz to counter that softness. Its not white or black. Its the mainstream industry trying to soften hip-hop so it can be sold to investors and advertisers. Hip-hop became too popular, so this is what you get. Labels need teenage white girls to buy cds. Pretty soon every mainstream rapper will be a mini Justin Bieber.
 5 years ago '10        #38
space
space
 Apostrophe said:
I love when sh*tty ex-mainstream rappers wanna treat all of hip-hop like the mainstream is all that exists. 70% of underground hip-hop is white rappers. His argument is really ridiculous considering Drake, Kanye and Budden are all black and they are the softest, most candy a.ss sh*t in rap. Are there Emo white rappers? Sure. But for every emotional rapper like Cage, there is a Vinnie Paz to counter that softness. Its not white or black. Its the mainstream industry trying to soften hip-hop so it can be sold to investors and advertisers. Hip-hop became too popular, so this is what you get. Labels need teenage white girls to buy cds. Pretty soon every mainstream rapper will be a mini Justin Bieber.

Killer Mike was NEVER considered mainstream.

And calling him sh*tty? Compared to who?
 5 years ago '04        #39
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
Virtually every single legendary rapper came up sharing their life struggles to an extent, including stories about their parents/family. But it's only "self-pity" rap when it's a white artist? Cool.

I f-ck with k!ller Mike, but dude put absolutely no thought into this nonsense before stating it.

EDIT: reading some of these posts, I'd swear some of y'all just hate white people.
 5 years ago '10        #40
space
space
And for you non-hip hop heads hating on k!ller Mike...go listen to Mac miller or some sh*t.

This joint>your life

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
2 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy