Boston Celtics & Los Angeles Clippers Possibly Discussing Blockbuster Trade

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #1
8259 pageviews
119 comments

ULTIMATE 003 126 heat pts126
space
space
$380 | Props total: 1289 1289
Boston Celtics & Los Angeles Clippers Possibly Discussing Blockbuster Trade

Following early playoff exits for both teams, reports are now surfacing that the Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics may be discussing a blockbuster deal.

In the rumored trade, which can be found here, the Celtics would receive Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe, with the Clippers getting Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and even head coach Doc Rivers in return.

It's hard to take a whole lot of stock in this rumor, but it's certainly interesting to think about.

For the Clippers, the motivation here would have to be to keep Chris Paul. Paul is a free agent this summer, and much has been made of whether or not he would want to stay if Vinny Del Negro is the head coach. Many think Paul does not want to play for Del Negro and would love to play for someone like Doc Rivers. While Kevin Garnett can certainly still play, the Clippers would have to have huge concerns about trading away their starting power forward and center. KG could give them good production for the next year or so, but giving up a cornerstone in Blake Griffin would be hard to do.

If you're the Celtics, you would have to pull the trigger on this. What better way is there to start over than grabbing a young superstar in Blake Griffin, as well as additional pieces like DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe? With Bledsoe on the roster, the Celtics would also be given flexibility to shop around Rajon Rondo for additional pieces. Imagine starting new with Griffin, Jordan, Bledsoe, and whatever they would get in return for Rondo?

All of this being said, it's tough to imagine that the Clippers would be willing to part with so many young pieces just to get aging veterans and a better coach. However, you have to wonder how much Chris Paul will weigh coaching in his decision. If he has told the organization that he will stay with a coach like Doc Rivers, everything changes.

(via visit this link Yahoo! Sports)

Last edited by ULTIMATE 003; 05-08-2013 at 05:55 PM..

119 comments for "Boston Celtics & Los Angeles Clippers Possibly Discussing Blockbuster Trade"

5 years ago '11        #2
Killa KMS 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,026 | Props total: 932 932
 5 years ago '10        #3
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
space
$17,767 | Props total: 7337 7337
CP3 + Josh Smith + Dwight Howard
 5 years ago '07        #4
Jiraiya 132 heat pts132
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 1810 1810
Griffin is so overrated

Bamboozled a whole sports franchise after a dunk contest
 5 years ago '11        #5
Chad09 160 heat pts160
space
space
$10,966 | Props total: 637 637
 Thee Yung Star said:
I can see that going down. ATL would have a nice team.
 5 years ago '12        #6
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,763 | Props total: 22145 22145
 05-08-2013, 06:01 PM         #7
antoniob321 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

We good.
 5 years ago '11        #8
Bullet22 74 heat pts74
space
space
$12,519 | Props total: 6661 6661
clippers get rid of deandre jordan bum contract?
 5 years ago '10        #9
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
griffin cant do sh*t but dunk.

but ill still take him on our squad
 5 years ago '11        #10
Bullet22 74 heat pts74
space
space
$12,519 | Props total: 6661 6661
clipps kinda giving up too much here though, they need to be getting another team involved and some picks back
 5 years ago '04        #11
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,050 | Props total: 19894 19894
In the rumored trade, which can be found here, the Celtics would receive Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe, with the Clippers getting Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and even head coach Doc Rivers in return.

Griffin? Not happening..... all those other dudes though, yeah its possible.
 5 years ago '10        #12
Deelo Deniroz 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,848 | Props total: 481 481
Can't give up Blake and Dre pp and kg only got two yrs left max why scrap Ur young core
 05-08-2013, 06:17 PM         #13
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Never heard of a coach goin in a trade hah thats nutty. Without that, thats not a bad trade although I would prefer both KG and Peirce retire in green. But Pierce especially looked sluggish as fu*k in these playoffs, might be time.
 5 years ago '05        #14
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,696 | Props total: 2451 2451
 Thee Yung Star said:
1st Rd Exit.....
 5 years ago '12        #15
TRILL SH1T 95 heat pts95
space
space
$5,854 | Props total: 3490 3490
 Bob Sacamano said:
Never heard of a coach goin in a trade hah thats nutty. Without that, thats not a bad trade although I would prefer both KG and Peirce retire in green. But Pierce especially looked sluggish as fu*k in these playoffs, might be time.
I coulda swore that's happened before? Didn't the Raiders trade Gruden to Tampa or something like that? I'm almost positive this has happened in soccer a couple times .... Also this is all rumor there hasn't been any actual discussion between the teams about this, I ain't giving up a 23 year old all star and a potential all star for old a.ss Pierce and Garnette that's ridiculous, I dnt care if Doc Rivers is included
 05-08-2013, 06:29 PM         #16
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TRILL SH1T said:
I coulda swore that's happened before? Didn't the Raiders trade Gruden to Tampa or something like that? I'm almost positive this has happened in soccer a couple times .... Also this is all rumor there hasn't been any actual discussion between the teams about this, I ain't giving up a 23 year old all star and a potential all star for old a.ss Pierce and Garnette that's ridiculous, I dnt care if Doc Rivers is included
yeah, Garnett could help them a lot next year, but overall yeah true. I'm perfectly fine with Rondo-Greene-Sully going forward and letting the old Gs retire with dignity, and also keeping one of the best coaches in the game... Clippers just got knocked out in the first round cause neither Blake nor Jordan has an offensive game...

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 05-08-2013 at 06:31 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #17
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 740 740
it's almost too crazy too believe. but yahoo does have a good track record on nba reporting. and the clippers and celtics have had their share of head scratching moves in the past. that would be crazy if doc was actually traded. what's even crazier is that he's the most valuable piece in the trade too

147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *
 5 years ago '12        #18
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 740 740
i actually think the clippers would get the better end of this deal if this trade went through. especially if doc signs long term. it's still a dumb trade to make because they can make other trades for the pieces they are shopping.

147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *
 5 years ago '12        #19
MischiefTooReal 139 heat pts139
space
space
$11,581 | Props total: 5036 5036
 5 years ago '12        #20
TRILL SH1T 95 heat pts95
space
space
$5,854 | Props total: 3490 3490
 Bob Sacamano said:
yeah, Garnett could help them a lot next year, but overall yeah true. I'm perfectly fine with Rondo-Greene-Sully going forward and letting the old Gs retire with dignity, and also keeping one of the best coaches in the game... Clippers just got knocked out in the first round cause neither Blake nor Jordan has an offensive game...
For the the Clippers it would be the ultimate "win right now" move but it's still a ridiculous trade for the Clippers to take; if this is true if I'm the Celtica I'd do this trade in a heartbeat; I'm sure they'd have no problem finding a serviceable coach with a: Rondo-Bledsoe-Green-Griffin-Jordan line up; with Sully, Bass, Bradley, Terry coming off the bench that's a hell of a squad
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
84 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy