YouTube To Charge For Watching Videos

most viewed right now
 73
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 68
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 65
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 53
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1
8384 pageviews
71 comments


T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
avatar space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
YouTube To Charge For Watching Videos
 

 
visit this link image

visit this link Tech News

It is the world’s largest video repository with over 6 billion hours of video being watched each month. Now Youtube is planning to charge for some of those videos according to the financial Times.

The video site, owned by Google, is set to launch a paid-for subscription service later this week that will charge users to access content on some of its specialist channels.

In 2011 YouTube launched its channels. From then, companies as well as individuals launched their own YouTube channels. As of October 2012, YouTube had introduced around 60 partner channels, including BBC Worldwide On Earth, ITN, the Jamie Oliver Food Channel and Mixmag TV.

Users can register to any of these channels plus many more for free and whenever a new video is posted on any subscribed channels the users are notified. However, according to the reports, once the new program is launched, only the paid subscribers will be able to watch some exclusive contents, both archived and live, from YouTube’s partner channels.

The in-depth details about ‘paid-for subscription service,’ including subscription fee or channel list are not currently available. However, the fee is expected to be around $2 for a month, which will also give viewers the privilege of watching ad-free entertainment.

A ‘person familiar with the plans’ told the FT that the channels will show archived content or exclusive previews and clips.The extra money is expected to fund new TV and film shows that will be shown exclusively online.

Rumours about paid-for subscriptions began in January when AdAge reported YouTube had been in touch with a ‘small group of channel producers’.

The reports claimed YouTube had asked them to submit applications to create channels that users would have to pay to access.

Then in February, Android fan blog Android Police noticed the YouTube app had been updated to include ‘channel subscribe’ code.

In addition to episodic content, YouTube is also considering charging for content libraries and access to live events on a pay-per-view basics, as well as self-help or financial advice shows.

YouTube is expected to launch the paid-for subscription as an experiment.
The revenue split between YouTube and the channel producers is expected to be similar to the 45-55 split that YouTube currently has with advertising revenue.

71 comments for "YouTube To Charge For Watching Videos"

 05-07-2013, 11:33 AM         #2
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This won't end well with youtube. You charge live feeds, people will find another website for that particular experience. You charge for self help and financial help, people will find free material that is equivalent if not better. One thing the MP3 era has taught us and will continue to do so, is if you charge something on the internet best believe people will avoid it and find an alternative. Charge a buck for a song and someone will post the song free of charge.

Are there a minute amount of people who will pay for this because they want/need it? Sure but the vast majority of people won't because they are accustomed to the free viewing experience youtube set in place.

This won't work or should I say it won't work as well as they think they it will.
 5 years ago '08        #3
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859 OP
space
avatar space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
 Darkdrone said:
This won't end well with youtube. You charge live feeds, people will find another website for that particular experience. You charge for self help and financial help, people will find free material that is equivalent if not better. One thing the MP3 era has taught us and will continue to do so, is if you charge something on the internet best believe people will avoid it and find an alternative. Charge a buck for a song and someone will post the song free of charge.

Are there a minute amount of people who will pay for this because they want/need it? Sure but the vast majority of people won't because they are accustomed to the free viewing experience youtube set in place.

This won't work or should I say it won't work as well as they think they it will.
I agree, I see the only way this working is they offer much much more content in the paid service.
 5 years ago '05        #4
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$28,202 | Props total: 15747 15747
Rich trying to get richer, I'm sure they make enough money with all those annoying ads.
 5 years ago '07        #5
GlassJoeReturns 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$859 | Props total: 125 125
I think they're getting ready for this new internet sales tax if it ever pushes through, just a thought
 05-07-2013, 11:59 AM         #6
pamilco_playa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Killamike79 said:
Rich trying to get richer, I'm sure they make enough money with all those annoying ads.
This ^
 5 years ago '12        #7
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
avatar space
space
$21,023 | Props total: 17195 17195
I already know the Funimation channels about to be a pay for play site....they literally got everything they ever released on their for free

might be time to start ripping some HD materials down
 5 years ago '10        #8
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$19,647 | Props total: 4473 4473
lol I could always listen to music somewhere else...

watch whatever I watch somewhere else...

all the daily hits yall get and yall want to charge now lol....

that 6 billion hours is about to drastically decrease if they do this...

greedy motherfu*kers....

I mean yall rich as fu*k, what could yall possibly do with more money....
 5 years ago '05        #9
PussyFiend 
space
avatar space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
Damn I read about this a longgg time ago but never thought it would actually happen

greedy money hungry bastards
 5 years ago '08        #10
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
avatar space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
Bye YouTube.
 5 years ago '06        #11
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
space
space
space
$4,864 | Props total: 96 96
and we'll continue to rip their sh*t
 5 years ago '08        #12
Future 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
Nothing is free in America
 5 years ago '04        #13
thergs 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$653 | Props total: 408 408
[.............]


Last edited by thergs; 01-07-2016 at 08:22 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #14
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
avatar space
space
$26,122 | Props total: 4431 4431
they should of been charging. i like free but if they charged each user just $5/mo, they may see a temporary decline but brehs will be back and pay it
 5 years ago '11        #15
UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209
space
avatar space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
Nope here's the thing.....people are making incredible content on YouTube and not making much unless they have millions of subscribers and get millions of views.....now if YouTube got 60 partners that will create content for the site and it only cost 2 dollars...that's a hella of a deal

Put yourself in the shoes of these people on YouTube....instead of being one of a million actors or comedians, they spend money on HD cameras, software, getting props, writing scripts and putting it all together for content......and some of these people get parts in movies now like spoken reason in that Sandra bullock movie and hotdamnirock too

So if n*ggas don't want content from 60 channels for 2 bucks a month then you need to re evaluate your life
 05-08-2013, 12:20 AM         #16
debo971 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 05-08-2013, 12:20 AM         #17
Brolic757 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 T2THEONE said:




It is the world’s largest video repository with over 6 billion hours of video being watched each month. Now Youtube is planning to charge for some of those videos according to the financial Times.

The video site, owned by Google, is set to launch a paid-for subscription service later this week that will charge users to access content on some of its specialist channels.

In 2011 YouTube launched its channels. From then, companies as well as individuals launched their own YouTube channels. As of October 2012, YouTube had introduced around 60 partner channels, including BBC Worldwide On Earth, ITN, the Jamie Oliver Food Channel and Mixmag TV.

Users can register to any of these channels plus many more for free and whenever a new video is posted on any subscribed channels the users are notified. However, according to the reports, once the new program is launched, only the paid subscribers will be able to watch some exclusive contents, both archived and live, from YouTube’s partner channels.

The in-depth details about ‘paid-for subscription service,’ including subscription fee or channel list are not currently available. However, the fee is expected to be around $2 for a month, which will also give viewers the privilege of watching ad-free entertainment.

A ‘person familiar with the plans’ told the FT that the channels will show archived content or exclusive previews and clips.The extra money is expected to fund new TV and film shows that will be shown exclusively online.

Rumours about paid-for subscriptions began in January when AdAge reported YouTube had been in touch with a ‘small group of channel producers’.

The reports claimed YouTube had asked them to submit applications to create channels that users would have to pay to access.

Then in February, Android fan blog Android Police noticed the YouTube app had been updated to include ‘channel subscribe’ code.

In addition to episodic content, YouTube is also considering charging for content libraries and access to live events on a pay-per-view basics, as well as self-help or financial advice shows.

YouTube is expected to launch the paid-for subscription as an experiment.
The revenue split between YouTube and the channel producers is expected to be similar to the 45-55 split that YouTube currently has with advertising revenue.



This was the plan from the jump. They knew what they were doing back in the days offering free content and videos. First it was free then you had to see ads and advertisments then they set up the youtube channel thing with companies and finally they got the pay for certain videos type gimmick going. All in the ten year plan.

Sad thing is other sites will follow right behind them. There will be a internet thats like basic cable and one like digitall cable was in the 00s. Internet 2.0.


Remember back in the early 90s how hbo was the sh*t and you could find almost everything or anything good on playing on a saturday night. Everything at that time on hbo was straight classic .Then remember how in 1995 when hbo 2 came out hbo 1 quality movies got played far less and less. Now you have hbo plus hbo latino hbo romance etc...Its all apart of the plan. Hook u good like a fiend in the beginning then when they surely got you they divide the product making u want all of it again.
 5 years ago '10        #18
kingjab7542 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$3,354 | Props total: 587 587
simple solution to this problem. Don't support it.
 05-08-2013, 12:34 AM         #19
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nothing wrong with charging for your work, and the idea that the vast majority of people won't pay for it I think is incorrect. The average Boxden user probably wouldn't pay for anything no matter how reasonable they price it, but I think most people are willing to pay for things if they are worth it and are reasonably priced.

CDS used to be $20 in the store, which among other things led to sites like Napster being immensely popular. It took labels a long damn time to wise up, and now sh*t's priced 50-75% less. I support independent artists on the regular. They have their sh*t posted up either on Bandcamp or Amazon MP3, and I buy lots of music that way.

But I do agree that too many people have this mentality that they're owed this sh*t for free and that anyone who charges for their work is some greedy motherfu*ker or something.
 5 years ago '11        #20
Kalifornicated 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$1,161 | Props total: 166 166
and there will be another website that comes up to watch sh*t for free.


They aint satisfied with making us watch 30 second dumbass advertisements before playing videos?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 63
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
113 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 54
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 44
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 18
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
77 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy