Ever wondered why Floyd Mayweather Jr only fights in Las Vegas?

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
21 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #41
fallguy 
space
space
$4,882 | Props total: 1642 1642
 pus*yFiend said:
that's what I've been telling you in these past two pages...

seems to me you're a little bit confused about what you're saying player..

naw, what soo special is saying is he knows the effect the drug has on hands. now mayweather has said after a couple of f!ghts, including this past one on saturday, that his hands were hurting. being that he felt pain in his hands, can't we say he's probably not getting his hands shot up with the drug...
 5 years ago '13        #42
AB AboutBuildin 975 heat pts975
space
space
$19,067 | Props total: 9015 9015
 stogz said:
As usual, all the so-called experts ignored my post. fu*k it.... here is another post to ignore

Xylocaine Not Prohibited By USADA
Apr 11, 2010 – 10:15 PM

Lem Satterfield

The painkiller, Xylocaine, sometimes used by f!ghters to numb their hands against the pain of constant punching, is not on the United States Anti Doping Agency's list of prohibited substances, according to a top official with that organization.

"It's a common local anesthesia, and it's not prohibited," said Travis Tygart, chief executive of the USADA. "It's perfectly allowable to take under the World Anti-Doping Agency's program."

Tygart's organization has been brought in to administer Olympic style, random drug testing for both blood and for urine for the May 1 clash betgween 38-year-old WBA welterweight (147 pounds) titlist Shane Mosley (46-5, 39 knockouts) and 33-year-old challenger Floyd Mayweather (40-0, 25 KOs) that is slated for the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"If either one of these f!ghters tests positive in our tests prior to the f!ght, the f!ght will be off," said Tygart, "and that will be announced, and everybody will know."

Mayweather has reportedly used Xylocaine in the past for brittle knuckles, but apparently has not used it for years. That situation has been remedied by hand-wrapping guru, Rafael Garcia, who was known for his work with "The Hands Of Stone," Roberto Duran.

Garcia joined Mayweather's camp not long after 2002, when the figher often complained of weak tendons.

Also known as Lidocaine, Xylocaine is not listed as being illegal by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, but the NSAC ruled that it was not going to allow Mayweather to use it prior to his December, 2007, knockout of Ricky Hatton at the MGM.

Tygart said that Mayweather and Mosley have been tested by officials a.ssigned to administer the procedures. Last week, Mosley told FanHouse that he already had been tested twice.

"Their reactions to the process has been outstanding, even though there are some mild inconviences to it," said Tygart. "But those mild inconveniences are well worth the upside of having confidence that you're going to go into a f!ght where it's going to be based on your athletic ability and nothing else and not what somebody is being able to do covertly from their chemist or their drug dealer."

Tygart said that Mayweather and Mosley were briefed, early on, concerning what over-the-counter medications can lead to "dirty" or positive results.

In addition, the f!ghters were asked about, and, advised concerning what current medications they may or may not be taking that could do the same.

"That's part of the education we had for them was to say, 'Look, tell us all of the medication that you're taking currently for ailments, and we'll make sure that those are fine. And we'll get you permission to use those," said Tygart.

"What's critically important is having clear rules and a system in place to enforce those rules. Any legitimate medication that someone can take, whether it's for asthma, like the enhalers, that are perscribed, those are perfect allowable if you have the right conditions to use them and you've been given advance notice of that," said Tygart.

Tygart said that the f!ghters "have internet access and a toll free number that is manned by a pharmacist basically 24-7, so there is no excuse."

"If you get sick, or you have a stomach cramp, or whatever it might be, here's the 800 number and just have have somebody call us or you call us and find out if it's something you can take or not. And here's the list of everything that's not allowed," said Tygart.

"At the end of the day, all athletes, including these two, have access to real-time information as to whether I can take this over the counter nasal spray or over the counter cold medicine," said Tygart, "and they have a responsibility of finding that out before they take it."

Thread Over!! OP is a f*ggot!!!
 5 years ago '13        #43
AB AboutBuildin 975 heat pts975
space
space
$19,067 | Props total: 9015 9015
 PEK said:
Go read the last page. That substance is not illegal ANYWHERE! Pactards are just making up sh*t.
This!!
 5 years ago '05        #44
PussyFiend  OP
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
 Ladklap said:
King PO?

Joined April 2013...hmmm that was last month...

[pic - click to view]

clown..
 5 years ago '07        #45
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,100 | Props total: 30548 30548
 Ladklap said:
lol at someone finally responding to me.

thank you. I guess i am on everyone else's "ignore list".
 5 years ago '11        #46
KING JAYY 536 heat pts536
space
space
$52,339 | Props total: 20080 20080
 Dray said:
we know u don't understand hoe
it's that sh*t that make your soul burn slow

dumb n*gga
 5 years ago '04        #47
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,226 | Props total: 2224 2224
 Ladklap said:
I'm not agreeing with the OP but does USADA even determine what's an illegal substance or not? I'm pretty sure they don't so that's not really a good argument.

I was reading somewhere that Floyd pissed hot before but it got swept under the rug. Any truth to that?

5 years ago '04        #48
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,067 | Props total: 19946 19946
 Dray said:
Ether..that sh*t that burns slow

[pic - click to view]

and then the out of place gif to top it off.

5 years ago '07        #49
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 bibbyboi said:
I'm not agreeing with the OP but does USADA even determine what's an illegal substance or not? I'm pretty sure they don't so that's not really a good argument.

I was reading somewhere that Floyd pissed hot before but it got swept under the rug. Any truth to that?

WADA determines the list. WADA.... "W" as in "WORLD", you know... the entire earth. Usada is an enforcer of WADA protocol.

Again, like i said earlier.... boxers in Nevada are NOT allowed to use xylocaine during a f!ght. They are not even allowed to use it within a week of the f!ght. That is a Nevada rule. Even is WADA allows you to use Xylocaine during a f!ght.... WADA testing does NOT trump NSAC testing. WADA/USADA testing is contractual, NSAC is the law.
 5 years ago '04        #50
warbux04 
space
space
$737 | Props total: 182 182
this thread is stupid, its like calling somebody a criminal for going to amsterdam to smoke kush all day. get where you fit in
 5 years ago '04        #51
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
we get the same stupid threads after every Mayweather win
 5 years ago '05        #52
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,026 | Props total: 537 537
As a mayweather hater now i decided to look this up before I spread this sh*t around and it is in fact only legal in athletics in Nevada.. But I reserve my opinon on this since it was brought up till now.. I don't want to call him a cheat if it's just someone taking a stab without evidence of this. That would be an easy blast other boxers would use to call out Floyd..

But I do remember years back him getting shots to his hands to numb it cus he broke his hands or some sh*t. I want to say it was the Ricky Hatton f!ght
 5 years ago '09        #53
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,074 | Props total: 1121 1121
Floyd is on sh*t way worse than some pain numbing sh*t lol . He doesn't even knock people out , every athlete that makes a living wage doing their sport is on something and if you disagree then you're stupid.

You can take testosterone that clears your system in 24 hours. I'm sure Floyd qualifies for TRT but him getting on it would be bad PR, so he takes it without a prescription. I can promise that. Floyd could be taking growth hormone which creates more muscle cells and helps with recovery with injuries and what not too. You can't even test for GH so there's no reason not to take it seeing how beneficial it is to athletes

Floyd has enough money to have custom PEDs made for him. Lance Storm used to sue people who accused him of taking drugs and he didn't even look like he lifted weights so if some idiot who rides a bike for a living is taking PEDs what makes you think the #1 fu*king boxer in the world isn't taking? He has people who are smart enough to tell him what to take, how much to take and when to take so drug tests can be passed. Even if it was random drug testing like he wants he can still get by that sh*t because there PEDs that leave your system in 24 hours.

You seriously think Floyd is cutting weight with ease when his diet is as sh*tty as it is? They don't show you him using sh*t like Trenbolone on those 360 episodes

That doesn't make him any less of a f!ghter though because everyone he has fought is also on PEDs so it's an even playing field and those drugs don't make you a champion if you aren't one to begin with skillfully and genetically. But you can't be stupid to think he's clean.

Last edited by Zaosyn; 05-07-2013 at 03:46 AM..
 05-07-2013, 05:41 AM         #54
Tha Problum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Everybody who follows boxing knows this, which means probably 95% of boxden had no clue. His hands are fu*ked up and needs to use it and his opponents also know about it and can use it if they wish but there hands haven't been under the same punishment as his and don't see a point in it. & If it was so numbing and dangerous with this crazy wild drug, he'd be knocking everybody out left and right.
 5 years ago '11        #55
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
I thought Floyd's hand problems were already common knowledge...
 5 years ago '08        #56
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,121 | Props total: 227 227
 stogz said:
WADA determines the list. WADA.... "W" as in "WORLD", you know... the entire earth. Usada is an enforcer of WADA protocol.

Again, like i said earlier.... boxers in Nevada are NOT allowed to use xylocaine during a f!ght. They are not even allowed to use it within a week of the f!ght. That is a Nevada rule. Even is WADA allows you to use Xylocaine during a f!ght.... WADA testing does NOT trump NSAC testing. WADA/USADA testing is contractual, NSAC is the law.
Man you know n*ggas on here don't read.
 5 years ago '08        #57
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,821 | Props total: 3452 3452
What is the official word on Xylocaine? Is it illegal in the United States? Is it banned by boxing or any of the State Athletic Commissions? Why does Floyd Mayweather take it? After contacting the appropriate authoritative entities, I have the answers to these questions and more.

US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

Lenny Brown Sacramento, CA “Is Xylocaine approved by the FDA?”

I spoke today with a representative from the FDA via their Drug Information line. I asked them if Xylocaine was illegal or banned in this country. The representative said there are no bans on this drug. The representative also said that there would be no reason for individual states to make this drug illegal especially if its FDA approved. However, if this drug is administered by an I.V. or through injections then it must be done under the direct supervision of a licensed medical professional.

FDA.gov

World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)

One of the world’s leading authorities on anti-doping, WADA is the primary source for which drugs are banned in sports or athletic competitions worldwide. According to WADA, via GlobalDRO.com, “None of the ingredients in this brand (Xylocaine) are currently included on the WADA Prohibited List”. This means that Xylocaine is not banned by WADA.

WADA

US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA)

Mandy Craig Sacramento, CA “Does the USADA ban Xylocaine?”

The USADA has a Drug Reference line where you can contact them via telephone and specifically ask them about any drug. When I called them yesterday, I spoke directly with their telephone doctor of the day. First, I must say that it was very informative being able to talk to a USADA doctor about this drug and the potential side effects. Anyhow, the doctor said that Xylocaine is legal for boxers to take via injection into the hands. He also said that individual state athletic commissions might have additional stipulations.

USADA.org

Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC)

In a conversation that I had with Keith Kizer, about the use of Xylocaine in the state of Nevada, Keith said that because “It is not a prohibited substance under WADA or USADA”; it’s not banned by the State Athletic Commission. However, Keith Kizer noted that the commission has added some stipulations to the use of Xylocaine.

“We don’t want f!ghters to use it on f!ght day. We make sure they have full physicals to check for this. They will be told to stop doing this from the weigh-in through the f!ght. f!ghters must only take Tylenol or ice for any pain.”

NSAC

Conclusion

As of February 17th 2010, Xylocaine is not banned according to the FDA, USADA, WADA, and the NSAC. In fact, I can’t find any other State Athletic Commission that bans it either. So, Floyd Mayweather’s use of this drug for his hands is not illegal. And, as long as he doesn’t use it from the weigh-in through f!ght day, then he won’t get into any trouble. However, this doesn’t mean that this drug is still safe or something that the general public should just go out and acquire.

Xylocaine, in most methods of usage, needs to be supervised by a licensed medical professional due to potential serious side effects like an abnormal heartbeat. In addition to potential side effects, there are also some long-term effects like dementia that could be experienced.

Regardless of the side effects and the legal use of this drug, it still remains debated whether this drug gives Floyd an advantage or not. It’s clear that there would be an advantage on f!ght day if he couldn’t experience any pain in his brittle hands but is this drug a real advantage during training?

According to BlueCross/Blue Shield – “Performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) are prescription medications, like anabolic steroids and stimulants, as well as sports supplements and growth hormones that some athletes take to improve their energy, stamina and power while training or competing.”

According to The Mayo Clinic – “Performance-enhancing drugs and supplements are used to boost athletic performance, ward off fatigue and enhance physical appearance. They're also taken to increase muscle mass and strength.”

Xylocaine might be legal but it remains highly controversial. Does the legal allowance of this drug override the performance enhancements that this drug provides?

Although, I think this drug is controversial and a PED, the very fact that it's still legal, according to those who I spoke with, makes me wrong for previously thinking it was illegal. I was misinformed, like a lot of people, when we were told that this drug was illegal. I was wrong, and unlike Floyd Mayweather, I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. If I'm going to hold others accountable then I have to hold myself accountable too. However, If anyone has any other evidence that this drug is banned in "49" states, then please contact me so I can verify it and check with the proper authorities.

5 years ago '04        #58
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,226 | Props total: 2224 2224
 stogz said:

F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
Man you know n*ggas on here don't read.
That's what I was asking. People so quick to try and son someone here. From what I've read WADA and USADA have no say in what is banned by individual Athletic Commissions but everyone keeps mentioning their banned lists. I makes no sense to me. All that matters is what's banned by the athletic commissions.

PEK said:

In a conversation that I had with Keith Kizer, about the use of Xylocaine in the state of Nevada, Keith said that because “It is not a prohibited substance under WADA or USADA”; it’s not banned by the State Athletic Commission. However, Keith Kizer noted that the commission has added some stipulations to the use of Xylocaine.

“We don’t want f!ghters to use it on f!ght day. We make sure they have full physicals to check for this. They will be told to stop doing this from the weigh-in through the f!ght. f!ghters must only take Tylenol or ice for any pain.”

NSAC
So it is illegal to use on f!ght night.
 5 years ago '12        #59
Cloud 420 85 heat pts85
space
space
$19,798 | Props total: 18425 18425
Casual fans
 5 years ago '07        #60
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 bibbyboi said:
That's what I was asking. People so quick to try and son someone here. From what I've read WADA and USADA have no say in what is banned by individual Athletic Commissions but everyone keeps mentioning their banned lists. I makes no sense to me. All that matters is what's banned by the athletic commissions.
You can put whatever you want in a contract... and that contract is legally binding. It's like when a f!ghter wants to put in the contract that you have to pay a $10,000,000 per pound weight penalty if you are over weight, that is legally binding. The commission doesn't require that though.

The commission doesn't require random blood tests through out training but if you put it in a contract, that is signed by both parties, it becomes binding.

bibbyboi said:
So it is illegal to use on f!ght night.
I already posted the answer to that way before the other dude you quoted posted that article.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
38 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
194 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago