most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
195 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #141
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,980 | Props total: 4324 4324
I saw this movie today out of boredom. I gave it a 3/5. I see a lot of people in this thread comparing the Mandarin reveal to Batman Begins... I thought the Guy Pierce storyline reminded me of Batman Forever with Bruce Wayne blowing off Edward Nigma and then the brain device he comes and shows Pepper.
 5 years ago '10        #142
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,854 | Props total: 20821 20821
 DaOmega_1 said:
So, apparently according to you, I had a vendetta against the movie, or i gave it a bad review because I wanted to drive up comments?

Right...... Chew on that one.

For the last time, I'm not saying it has to be a piece of art, I'm not saying it has to be a masterpiece. I had absolutely no axe to grind about this movie before I saw it. In fact, I had nothing but optimism for a few reasons:

1). It's coming off of "The Avengers" which was awesome. You talk about great escapism, THAT my friend was great escapism, not this.
2). It had Shane Black directing it. I'm a big fan of Shane Black, and his screenplays have some of the best dialogue on film.
3). A chance to explore Tony Stark as a character, and dial down the comedy so we can get a deep & dark examination of who he is, and what he's about? Yeah! Sign me up.

Unfortunately, that's not what I got. But, that is exactly what the trailers sold.

At the point that I realized it wasn't the film I thought it would be, I dialed down my expectations, and just tried to look at it as stupid popcorn fun. Unfortunately, the movie goes through its paces in which nothing of consequence happens until near mid-way in the film. And, when it does, it's underwhelming. And, all the character examination stuff was superficial & surface level to me. They didn't go any deeper, because the attempts at character examination all seem to be undercut by the incessant need to insert humor when it doesn't seem appropriate.

Furthermore, as I stated before, it seems like all of his victories are based on convenience & coincidence. It doesn't feel like he had to earn the victories he got. And, there's also a pretty sizable plothole that totally ruins the 3rd act for me. Gwyneth Paltrow is bad here. Guy Pearce is overacting his a.ss off, and Ben Kingsley's turn later on seems so out of place with the rest of the movie.

Contrary to what some of y'all hardcore Marvel fanboys think, I don't review this as a comic book fan first. That's why the Mandarin thing isn't nearly the biggest flaw with this movie. As a film fan, as a film critic, it's like y'all are conveniently ignoring the larger issues with the film just so you can remain loyal to Marvel's Cinematic Universe.

But, you're right. One man's trash is another man's treasure. But, I just can't see how y'all can ignore the problems here.
That's the problem they keep overlooking that.
 5 years ago '12        #143
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,612 | Props total: 2130 2130
 Michael 1987 said:
Licensed to a L.
In a thread with opinions? Also, this coming from somebody who rated it an 8.5 and not even a day later changed it to a 2.
 5 years ago '05        #144
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,831 | Props total: 4097 4097
Some of y'all are just apologists for this movie...

Be honest with yourselves. The excuses are the same:

"Oh, you're just mad because of the Mandarin"
"Oh, what were you expecting? An Oscar masterpiece?"
"Oh, you're just biased because you're a comic nerd"
"Oh, you wanted to hate this before you saw it"

Every single goddamned excuse made for this movie are ALL f*cking weak.
 5 years ago '04        #145
TheProtege9020 54 heat pts54
space
space
$5,484 | Props total: 872 872
Iron Man reboot for 2018 confirmed
 5 years ago '12        #146
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
Some of y'all are just apologists for this movie...

Be honest with yourselves. The excuses are the same:

"Oh, you're just mad because of the Mandarin"
"Oh, what were you expecting? An Oscar masterpiece?"
"Oh, you're just biased because you're a comic nerd"
"Oh, you wanted to hate this before you saw it"

Every single goddamned excuse made for this movie are ALL f*cking weak.
Its your opinion on the movie. Thats why I've never called you out on it. You have the right to an opinion. In saying that, now your just coming off as mad because people dont agree with your opinion.
 5 years ago '05        #147
space
space
 LicensedLegend said:
Its your opinion on the movie. Thats why I've never called you out on it. You have the right to an opinion. In saying that, now your just coming off as mad because people dont agree with your opinion.
I'm well aware that it is my opinion, and I'm also well aware that you are entitled to your opinion as well. I'm more so referring to people who come up with weak reasons to discredit the opinions of those who don't like the movie.

They are essentially red herrings, and have no real purpose in this debate other than to dismiss other's opinions without explaining your own. Personally, I don't care if people agree with me or not. But the a.ssumptions are weak on the part of this film's apologists.
 5 years ago '12        #148
space
space
 Michael 1987 said:
Yeah because i watched it a second time an let all that hype sh*t die. So average both ratings would comes out to about 6.

Check over what you post before posting.

EDIT: Let me make it easier for you ...

My first post after watching it for the first time...

My second post after watching it a second time..

AKA once I saw my fellow boxden people not liking it my opinion changed.
 5 years ago '10        #149
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 LicensedLegend said:
Except there are only like 5 people disagreeing and way more people agreeing

Last edited by G Code; 05-09-2013 at 08:26 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #150
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,980 | Props total: 4324 4324
 LicensedLegend said:
AKA once I saw my fellow boxden people not liking it my opinion changed.
I remember you from last summer. You're such a Marvel Comics movie d!ckrider. The movie was OK at best. Lots of cheesy dialogue. Really boring to start. Forced character development that went no where, like Tony's PTSD. The villain's motive was never really clear. Was he doing what he did because of Tony?

I gave it a 3/5, mostly because the third act was pretty legit regardless of its problems, but the movie was probably more like a 2/5 - 2.5/5.
 5 years ago '09        #151
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,083 | Props total: 1820 1820
Hmm...
 5 years ago '12        #152
space
space
 G Code said:
Except there are only like 5 people disagreeing and way more people agreeing
Good for them. What's your point?

JFamis said:
I remember you from last summer. You're such a Marvel Comics movie d!ckrider. The movie was OK at best. Lots of cheesy dialogue. Really boring to start. Forced character development that went no where, like Tony's PTSD. The villain's motive was never really clear. Was he doing what he did because of Tony?

I gave it a 3/5, mostly because the third act was pretty legit regardless of its problems, but the movie was probably more like a 2/5 - 2.5/5.
That's cool.

Michael 1987 said:
But again like plenty of people been saying to you ..... "it's ur opinion" so keep it moving bruh.... that marvel d!ckriding sh*t with u is
Aren't you the dude with 3 scores for the movie. An 8.5 on first watch, a 2 on the second, and a 6 to average those scores out. Over here talking about d!ckriding when I've not even bashed you for hating the film. I don't care one way or the other. It's just any normal human being would not have 3 scores within the same weekend of a being being released. That's just not normal behavior. Who let you out of the crazy house to see this movie anyways?
 5 years ago '12        #153
space
space
 Michael 1987 said:
I clearly said 8.5 for the first...a 2 for the second. Never once did i say i rated it again after except that if u average the two out it becomes a 6.
That gives it 3 scores you moron. Which is it? Is it an 8.5, a 2, or the averaged score of 6? If you think the movie is a 2 why would you average the 2 scores out to give it a better score? I would understand that logic if you were 2 different people, but your not. That's the only way averaging the score out makes sense. Boxden, you gotta love it.

Yeah because i watched it a second time an let all that hype sh*t die. So average both ratings would comes out to about 6.
Only on Boxden.

Last edited by LicensedLegend; 05-09-2013 at 11:52 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #154
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,086 | Props total: 3882 3882
movie was total garbage.. the way the did fu*king mandarian, the fact that don cheadel is war machine, the fact that pepper pots is now a mutant, the fact that this nicca gave them his address? I honestly don't see why they made this film.. the suits being used to defeat what 5-6 dudes and still not really just beating anyone.. it feels very rushed and i know i see why RDJ doesn't want to reprise this role.. the magic is gone on this one..
 5 years ago '06        #155
Clyde 1193 heat pts1193
space
space
$33,874 | Props total: 21109 21109
What was that scene after the credits?
 5 years ago '04        #156
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
I was hoping they'd make Stark an alcoholic mess this movie, and I'm not talking 2nd movie "party animal" alcoholic mess, I'm talking putting his hands on Pepper alcoholic mess, but I guess that sh*t hits too close to home with RDJ

I've wasted 2 1/2 hours doing worse things, movie was average.

-Not enough suit time, I guess they gotta make RDJ actually work for that 50 mil instead of letting CG artist do it for him.
-The Mandrin angle was meh, but I'm not a comic reader so it didn't hurt me like it hurt ya'll.
-The little kid was pointless (although it wouldn't shock me if they make a reboot in 5 years with him being ironman ). I'm all for making these movies light hearted, but we didn't need that kid.
-Warmachine might be the most pointless character ever. Apparently, Rhodes is actually usefull if he doesn't even have the damn suit.

It's amazing how great the first one is compared to 2 and 3. The movie isn't the worst I've seen but seeing it once will be enough for me.
 5 years ago '09        #157
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,083 | Props total: 1820 1820
I didn't absolutely hate it but I was disappointed. They didn't deliver at all in my opinion. The story was everywhere, and half of the characters felt useless most of the time. Of course, it had individual moments that I liked by that's with nearly any movie. As a whole, Marvel dropped the ball with this one. And I've read Iron Man novels but never the 10 Rings or Mandarin storyline, but simply going off this movie's character, I don't like what they did with him at all. Credits scene wasn't good either. They set he had too high with Phase 1 as far as those are concerned. The 1st Iron Man is still one of my favorite movies, but the sequels show a decent amount of decrease in quality. I hope Thor is top notch because that's the one I really want to see.
 5 years ago '10        #158
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,854 | Props total: 20821 20821
 young clyde said:
What was that scene after the credits?

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #159
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
Marvel Studios did a weak "bait & switch" on everyone who was highly anticipating this movie, plain & simple.

When u finally meet up w/ a fine outta town chick u been s3xting for weeks, but she says she's on her period so u gotta settle for dome. Ironman3 is that feeling.

Last edited by One-O-One; 05-11-2013 at 02:43 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #160
space
space
 One-O-One said:
Marvel Studios did a weak "bait & switch" on everyone who was highly anticipating this movie, plain & simple.

When u finally meet up w/ a fine outta town chick u been s3xting for weeks, but she says she's on her period so u gotta settle for dome. Ironman3 is that feeling.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
218 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
56 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
322 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy