DaOmega_1 reviews "Iron Man 3"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
13 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #121
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 LicensedLegend said:
The Mandarin wasn't a decoy.
[spoiler - click to view]

was the Mandarin.
I can see that, especially since k!llian exclaimed he was the Mandarin @ the end of the movie.

The problem is that he's a crappy Mandarin and Guy Pierce played a weak villain overall.

Ben Kingsley seemed more capable & charismatic in his performance. So when you find out it's BS, Guy Pierce's performance doesn't hold it's weight to close the movie.
 5 years ago '12        #122
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,619 | Props total: 2135 2135
 One-O-One said:
I can see that, especially since k!llian exclaimed he was the Mandarin @ the end of the movie.

The problem is that he's a crappy Mandarin and Guy Pierce played a weak villain overall.

Ben Kingsley seemed more capable & charismatic in his performance. So when you find out it's BS, Guy Pierce's performance doesn't hold it's weight to close the movie.
I never have liked guy pierce as an actor anyways. His character outside us finding out how he decieved everyone just wasnt very interesting. That is my only problem with the movie.
 05-06-2013, 05:06 AM         #123
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just went to see the movie with my girl, and like most people was pissed off about how the "Mandarin" was portrayed- a drunk, washed up actor smh. For the most part, the movie was decent but not great and definitely not worth sitting for two hours and some change, I didn't even stay to see the scene after the rolling credits. It's not a bad movie but its like the one where if they were to make another one or two, its one that they would want you to "forget". My thing is, like someone else mentioned, how all of a sudden did they somehow be able to remove the shrapnel from his chest when they claimed if they try to remove it,would pierce his heart?
 5 years ago '12        #124
space
space
 Hotboy1982 said:
I just went to see the movie with my girl, and like most people was pissed off about how the "Mandarin" was portrayed- a drunk, washed up actor smh. For the most part, the movie was decent but not great and definitely not worth sitting for two hours and some change, I didn't even stay to see the scene after the rolling credits. It's not a bad movie but its like the one where if they were to make another one or two, its one that they would want you to "forget". My thing is, like someone else mentioned, how all of a sudden did they somehow be able to remove the shrapnel from his chest when they claimed if they try to remove it,would pierce his heart?
Again, someone who didn't pay attention to the movie. You didn't listen to a word Aldrich k!llian said in this movie, did you?
 5 years ago '04        #125
TBX 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,936 | Props total: 609 609
Wasn't horrible but expected much more.

Way too much BS technology, there's a convenient piece of tech for every situation. All of it was so unbelievable.

Had the typical save the president sh*t, random lonely kid who needs a dad, and yes the fu*ked up Mandarin.

One thing I liked was some attention to small details (Warmachine68 user name for example) but overall fell short of expectations.
 5 years ago '12        #126
space
space
 Rico23 said:
but yo...if you gonna do all that sh*t just stay true...but then again, the mandarin green with pointy ears

Perfect example of a directory trying to go against the grain and put his own stamp on coic adaptations only to have it backfire...why not just stick to the comic?...and furthermore, at the showing i went to sunday, i couldn't believe how many kids were there...and at that point, i knew that we will never see them ever touch on the alcoholism, which i know would have been great in the right hands...so all we have for that is that 10 min scene in IM 2..so i dont know why ppl are try to insult other intelligence with that bullsh*t "bbbbut Guy Pierce was the mandarin he said it, stop being butt hurt"
That intelligence. I want some. Wait, did you say, "other intelligence"? What are you from other world? Anyways, you can be butt hurt if you want to be butt hurt. I never said you had to like it. It's just people keep saying they made mandarin into a joke by making him a drunk actor. It's just that if you think that then you didn't pay attention to the movie. That's all folks.

Last edited by LicensedLegend; 05-06-2013 at 09:34 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #127
TheIncomparable 
space
space
$2,595 | Props total: 0 0
So much group think in this thread it's gross. The film wasn't as bad as DaOmega1's review suggests (my opinion) but it wasn't what it could be. I was disappointed to an extent, but certainly not disgusted.
 5 years ago '08        #128
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
So only see it if you're a fan of Iron Man? Cool.
 5 years ago '12        #129
space
space
 Rico23 said:
o no u got me, i was typing too fast and forgot to edit out the sentence...and clearly besides that one sentence you basically purposely ignored the main point or your reading comprehension isn't up to par...

I didn't find your post insulting or funny. I just wanted to use that gif again.
 5 years ago '04        #130
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 RokkyRok said:
So only see it if you're a fan of Iron Man? Cool.
More like "only see it if you're NOT a fan of Iron Man"

The more you don't know about Ironman, the less Ironman 3 stings your soul.

overall, the movie is entertaining. It just sucks knowing the movie could of been 3-times better.
 5 years ago '08        #131
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,877 | Props total: 1155 1155
finally saw it and while I wasn't as disappointed as the OP, I wasn't blown away either, I sit it at a 7. The ups for me were,

The downs for me were the dialogue between the kid and tony, happy being so simple although somewhat funny, and them deciding that

I didn't mind

l because there was an overall theme of who's really pulling the strings. sh*t was funny to me tho! I'm just ready to see Cap and the winter soldier and Thor for marvel and Supes for DC.
 5 years ago '08        #132
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,877 | Props total: 1155 1155
 Peterparker said:
I got a chance to see this movie in 3D/XD which is the fu*king BEST might I add! With that said what did I think about the movie??

After reading the reviews esp. on boxden I came in the movie ready to hate it. I mean my expectations went from high to low based of some of the plot details and reviews. I don't know if it was because I came in with low expectations or I was watching it in 3D/XD but I actually enjoyed the movie. Let me break down into 3 parts

1. 1st act...didn't have alot of action but I really didn't give a sh*t I still enjoyed the story and thought the jokes weren't force but quite funny and flowed well w/ the mood. Robert Downey Jr. is simply flawless as Iron Man. I was saying to myself looking at the first half like "when am I going to hate this film??" I didn't get any of that during the first half.

2. Tennessee/2nd act...Ok when he ends up in Tennessee this is where the movie drags a little bit and looses it's caliber. For some reason this whole 2nd half of the film in Tennessee felt like a upgraded version of a Steven Segal film. The jokes in this section of the film I still had no problem with and I still didn't feel like they were forced. I actually enjoyed the back n forth bits w/ the kid. Keep in mind I felt like they should have went a different route and thought putting the kid sidekick in there was cheesy as fu*k but I didn't think it was horrible. Unnecessary definitely!

3.3rd act....ok the whole

scene was the worst scene in the whole film. Not even for the simple fact that they had the balls to give a BIG fu*k U TO COMIC BOOK FANS. But the execution of the scene just felt like a Michael Bay flick. It was very immature even with so much comedy in film this whole scene was cringe worthy to me. It felt like it belong in Transformers/Bad Boy very Michael Bayish and I hate his fu*king films. With that said I felt like the whole air force 1 scene was dope and underrated since I haven't heard anybody bring it up. Also the final battle scene was clearly the best action scene in the whole series. Anybody who think otherwise already wrote the movie off at this point and too enraged at the potential the movie could have had instead of just enjoying the action scene. The ending was MEH at best.

I'd give it a soft 7/10....I was never bored at all but I was let down by some directions of the film yet still enjoyed it. I didn't think it was a bad film like Transformer movies,Wolverine,Green Lantern, Fantastic Four 2, X3,Spider-man3. I def. wouldn't put it in that category. It actually reminded me of of X-Men: First Class. And what I mean by that is I hated the direction First Class went they really fu*ked up the series however I enjoyed the film for what it was. Same way I felt about this movie.

I still don't understand why marvel choose to say fu*k you to comic fans with what they did w/ Mandarin. I mean this wasn't Fox or Sony studios handling this this was Marvel studios. They fu*ked up big time with that and should be a lesson learned. I'm not huge on Mandarin but he is Iron Man's lex luthor/Joker. Imagine if they gave you a huge twist to Joker in TDK? I'll say this though the direction they did go was actually throwing subliminals about America and their creation of terrorist. Which has actually always been the theme of Iron Man films but this one they actually put a face to the terrorism. Sounds familiar?? Osama Bin Ladin, Saddam Hussein, Gaddafi, Castro,etc. those people don't exist like how America portrays. It's always somebody in the shadwos. AIM is America and put this face on terrorism to fund their agenda. Once ppl get over them fu*king up the Mandarin maybe they could see that aspect. That's actually more realistic then trying to put a magical offensive stereotype battling a highly intelligent tech savy billionaire.

And even though I feel like the movie should have been a little more serious I don't mind jokes with particular characters. Tony Starks is not Bruce Wayne so that style of comedy is true to his character then it would be another character plus RBJ plays it' perfectly. I swear Nolan got mothafu*kas thinking you just have to be dark and super serious. Also alot of ppl were upset that the movie was more Tony Starks then Iroan man but I didn't mind that all. Tony Starks is IRON MAN that was the theme of the movie and the theme of his character. The man makes the suit the suit doesn't make the man. I don't see why ppl were bi*ching about that direction of the film.

They half stepped on Iron Patriot though. I understand how they introduced him into the film but then it just felt useless and thrown in there just to make fans happy. Also Pepper Potts role in the film I was actually pleased with. Her being in the Iron Man suit didn't have problem with. I don't see why anybody had a problem w/ that. I could understand if Starks made a special suit for her w/ n*pples on the armor like the old Batman suit. And her role in the last battle scene had no problem with. The very ending was meh and felt rushed and Unnecessary.
a way better review than Omega's biased and self righteous one. I only disagree with the mandarin reveal and that's only because I thought it was a cool twist. The movie didn't seem like there was going to be this big Iron man vs Mandarin feel to it anyway. especially since this Mandarin didn't have his power rings.
 5 years ago '05        #133
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,835 | Props total: 4102 4102
Man, I so wish I could find the enjoyment that some of you guys found. With the Mandarin twist aside, I just find the movie, still, to be boring and unengaging throughout its two hour plus runtime. I know Marvel's tone isn't dark or gritty. But, that is no excuse. This world that these characters live does not seem convincingly affected by the events of "The Avengers". Tony's PTSD was not convincing for me. And, for a third movie, nothing of consequence happens that might seriously affect Tony Stark's world in the future. I don't see the progression of his character, and who he eventually becomes.

Idk y'all. Maybe I am self-righteous. All I know is that I was just as excited as you guys to see it, and was incredibly letdown by how superficial and fake it all was.
 5 years ago '07        #134
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,845 | Props total: 2531 2531
Maaann...fu*k...I really wanted to see this too
 05-06-2013, 01:41 PM         #135
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i loved it...
 5 years ago '06        #136
Addled Thoughts 1 heat pts
space
space
$744 | Props total: 18 18
I just don't understand why some of you are so beholden like comic book iterations of characters when in reality, there are a bevy, a compendium of takes on each and every member of the Marvel universe, that nearly nothing can be considered gospel.

If the director of the film chooses to alter a character to fit within his perspective or perception of an aspect of the Marvel universe and a main member of it, what is the issue here? Countless times a writer or an artist has changed the landscape and scope of a Marvel member in the comics and they have done it with aplomb and on a whim. Stop being bothered by Shane Black's take on the Mandarin (or the stand-in, actor).

That said, I didn't think the film was boring at all. Downey's portrayal of a man deeply affected at his core by the events of the Avengers and the realization that he could potentially lose what meant most to him changed him. He was mired in anxiety by being unable to control situations and it delved every so slightly into those moments. At his base, his essence, because of what he went through in the Avengers, had changed. No longer was he treating things so flippantly, but instead he was hellbent on trying his hardest to prohibit anything that he couldn't control from occurring.

Guy Pierce was fine as the villain, though not exceptional. Badge Dale served his role ably. Paltrow was decent as the damsel in distress. Cheadle finally got a chance to demonstrate Rhodes' ability by undertaking some out-of-suit action. The ending was predictable, but shot well and the CGI in the film was top notch.

Is the film this amazing piece of art? No. Is it decent escapism and entertainment? Most definitely. I wouldn't laud it or say it's something special, but it stands head and shoulders above Iron Man II and is a solid 7.5/10.

Giving it a 4.5 or what either demonstrates that the TS had unrealistic expectations, had a vendetta against the film before he saw it and wanted to dislike it or is merely sh*tting on it to provoke conversation and for fodder.

Then again, it's all an opinion. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
 5 years ago '05        #137
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,835 | Props total: 4102 4102
 Addled Thoughts said:
I just don't understand why some of you are so beholden like comic book iterations of characters when in reality, there are a bevy, a compendium of takes on each and every member of the Marvel universe, that nearly nothing can be considered gospel.

If the director of the film chooses to alter a character to fit within his perspective or perception of an aspect of the Marvel universe and a main member of it, what is the issue here? Countless times a writer or an artist has changed the landscape and scope of a Marvel member in the comics and they have done it with aplomb and on a whim. Stop being bothered by Shane Black's take on the Mandarin (or the stand-in, actor).

That said, I didn't think the film was boring at all. Downey's portrayal of a man deeply affected at his core by the events of the Avengers and the realization that he could potentially lose what meant most to him changed him. He was mired in anxiety by being unable to control situations and it delved every so slightly into those moments. At his base, his essence, because of what he went through in the Avengers, had changed. No longer was he treating things so flippantly, but instead he was hellbent on trying his hardest to prohibit anything that he couldn't control from occurring.

Guy Pierce was fine as the villain, though not exceptional. Badge Dale served his role ably. Paltrow was decent as the damsel in distress. Cheadle finally got a chance to demonstrate Rhodes' ability by undertaking some out-of-suit action. The ending was predictable, but shot well and the CGI in the film was top notch.

Is the film this amazing piece of art? No. Is it decent escapism and entertainment? Most definitely. I wouldn't laud it or say it's something special, but it stands head and shoulders above Iron Man II and is a solid 7.5/10.

Giving it a 4.5 or what either demonstrates that the TS had unrealistic expectations, had a vendetta against the film before he saw it and wanted to dislike it or is merely sh*tting on it to provoke conversation and for fodder.

Then again, it's all an opinion. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
So, apparently according to you, I had a vendetta against the movie, or i gave it a bad review because I wanted to drive up comments?

Right...... Chew on that one.

For the last time, I'm not saying it has to be a piece of art, I'm not saying it has to be a masterpiece. I had absolutely no axe to grind about this movie before I saw it. In fact, I had nothing but optimism for a few reasons:

1). It's coming off of "The Avengers" which was awesome. You talk about great escapism, THAT my friend was great escapism, not this.
2). It had Shane Black directing it. I'm a big fan of Shane Black, and his screenplays have some of the best dialogue on film.
3). A chance to explore Tony Stark as a character, and dial down the comedy so we can get a deep & dark examination of who he is, and what he's about? Yeah! Sign me up.

Unfortunately, that's not what I got. But, that is exactly what the trailers sold.

At the point that I realized it wasn't the film I thought it would be, I dialed down my expectations, and just tried to look at it as stupid popcorn fun. Unfortunately, the movie goes through its paces in which nothing of consequence happens until near mid-way in the film. And, when it does, it's underwhelming. And, all the character examination stuff was superficial & surface level to me. They didn't go any deeper, because the attempts at character examination all seem to be undercut by the incessant need to insert humor when it doesn't seem appropriate.

Furthermore, as I stated before, it seems like all of his victories are based on convenience & coincidence. It doesn't feel like he had to earn the victories he got. And, there's also a pretty sizable plothole that totally ruins the 3rd act for me. Gwyneth Paltrow is bad here. Guy Pearce is overacting his a.ss off, and Ben Kingsley's turn later on seems so out of place with the rest of the movie.

Contrary to what some of y'all hardcore Marvel fanboys think, I don't review this as a comic book fan first. That's why the Mandarin thing isn't nearly the biggest flaw with this movie. As a film fan, as a film critic, it's like y'all are conveniently ignoring the larger issues with the film just so you can remain loyal to Marvel's Cinematic Universe.

But, you're right. One man's trash is another man's treasure. But, I just can't see how y'all can ignore the problems here.
 05-06-2013, 05:52 PM         #138
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LicensedLegend said:
Again, someone who didn't pay attention to the movie. You didn't listen to a word Aldrich k!llian said in this movie, did you?
Actually I did pay attention to that part, the problem is, with all due respect, I did NOT like it. I'm sorry but I would have rathered that they either kept the two villains as separate entities and or at the very least not have had Mandarin in it at all.
 5 years ago '06        #139
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,976 | Props total: 3521 3521
This movie was such a disappointment
 5 years ago '04        #140
MGz 953 heat pts953
space
space
$8,172 | Props total: 8732 8732
thought it was cool but very very cheesy
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
59 comments
2 days ago