DaOmega_1 reviews "Iron Man 3"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
68 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Eiffel 65 at the beginning>_____
 5 years ago '05        #42
myword 6 heat pts
space
space
$829 | Props total: 120 120
 DaOmega_1 said:

The problems stem from a fairly basic issue: it's just boring. .... The action sequences, however, feel almost entirely... lethargic.

... It just feels so very plastic. Speaking of plastic, I do not buy Tony Stark's character arc AT ALL.

I hate. hate. HATE what they did with The Mandarin with EVERY fiber of my being.
 VickVega said:
Agree the film was boring, dull. They ruined the fu*king Mandarin. Big dissapointment, even the last scene after the credits was pointless.
Agree with all the points above. Especially with regards to The Mandarin. I have friends who claim to be Marvel fanboys and they're swallowing this sh*t whole. I can't understand how they can give this a pass? Marvel markets their movies well to get butts in seats but always makes them on the cheap (yeah US$200 million isn't considered cheap but it's evident they cut corners). Just look at the climax. In the trailers we're shown multiple Iron Man suits going into battle. In the movie we barely see the suits for a few minutes. All we see is them flying in the background and blowing up randomly.

Which brings me to the next point...

NoahJordan said:
yup....

movie was terrible...

Gwyneth Paltrow ugly as fu*k

and who needs tony stark if he got all those ironmans

ow yeah he destroyed them for that bi*ch

fu*k outta here
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Maroon take off that damn cape son, enough.

The movie sucked and don't come in here talking "w-w-w-w-well you guys are going extreme about the mandar".....no!

The movie is sh*t even counting out the Mandarin plot.

It is boring, they forced too many bad jokes, they forced too many kiddie jokes, the plot was as simple as the Joker's in The Dark Knight but without the reward & payoff, we had some little kid that not one of us gave two sh*ts about, the characters we felt no compassion or emotion for them, Tony was rendered useless, the action scenes were crap, the movie as a whole felt very campy, it just sucked.

Iron Man 1 - 10/10
Iron Man 2 - 6/10
Iron Man 3 - 4/10
Yeah, why do we need Iron Man? The suits do fine without him. They could just be drones he controls while sitting at home. Like I said in my this is a travesty.
 05-04-2013, 10:58 PM         #43
Yung Chance 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this sh*t was dope.boxden isnt the place to go for reviews anyway
 5 years ago '10        #44
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
What made this dope? Please explain

Iron man 3 was really forgettable and a let down. There was a bunch of dumb sh*t in this movie. I don't need to see it ever again

5/10 for me
 05-04-2013, 11:16 PM         #45
Yung Chance 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 G Code said:
What made this dope? Please explain

Iron man 3 was really forgettable and a let down. There was a bunch of dumb sh*t in this movie. I don't need to see it ever again

5/10 for me
because im not a nerd first and foremost and i didnt go into this movie worrying about what elements of the comic would be portrayed correctlyi went to see a movie that conveyed proper character progression of an as*hole

another thing is it didnt feel like a superhero movie at all to me.no generic,predictable set pieces like dark knight.it fell more like "tony stark 3" than iron man 3 because of all time spent out of the suit and it seemed more interesting the way the storyline progressed.
 05-04-2013, 11:27 PM         #46
playamade56 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Basically Superman with too much Clark Kent, Ironman was too much Tony Stark not enough Ironman basically.
 5 years ago '06        #47
Pyro911 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,249 | Props total: 87 87
For those who have seen it...

[spoiler - click to view]

05-04-2013, 11:50 PM         #48
playamade56 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Did Paltrow really defeat Guy Pearce with one swing of that pole or did I miss something? If so that was lame as fu*k.

You know what.. YOU DAMN RIGHT!!! I ain't even think about it I was just happy it was over.
 5 years ago '05        #49
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4136 4136
 Yung Chance said:
because im not a nerd first and foremost and i didnt go into this movie worrying about what elements of the comic would be portrayed correctlyi went to see a movie that conveyed proper character progression of an as*hole

another thing is it didnt feel like a superhero movie at all to me.no generic,predictable set pieces like dark knight.it fell more like "tony stark 3" than iron man 3 because of all time spent out of the suit and it seemed more interesting the way the storyline progressed.
Dude, even looking at it from outside the perspective of a comic book nerd, as just a fan of movies, a casual fan, THIS. IS. F*CKING. BORING.

The character progression feels false, fake, and superficial. Say what you want about "The Dark Knight", but at least it made a pointed effort to make Bruce Wayne a different person at the end of the movie than he was at the beginning. I don't feel that progression here, I don't feel like Tony Stark earned his victories. His victories are based on chance and convenience rather than actual ingenuity.

Even the action sequences aren't all the way there. The ONLY action sequence I like didn't even involve the armor, and it was a f*cking throwaway scene that the movie could've done just fine if it wasn't even there. In fact, there's alot of scenes like that: that feel like they're there to pad out the runtime, and make it longer so audiences feel like they got the most "Movie" out of their time at the movies. But, really all this does is muddle the storytelling, and tries the audience's collective patience.

The whole final sequence was overlong, lame, and felt cheaply done, as if it was cutting corners around actually having to show the Iron Man armor's. Really, the more I think about it, the worst it gets.

And, all of these complaints have NOTHING to do with the film's loyalty to the source material. Factoring that in, all it does is make the movie even sh*ttier than I originally thought.
 5 years ago '04        #50
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
I'm torn. Plot-wise, the movie was a COMPLETE joke. I was so pissed off about how p!ss poor the story was. On the other hand, I was throughly entertained but for all the wrong reasons.

It felt less like an Ironman movie and more like a Tony Stark flick. There was barely any f!ghting scenes with the actual Ironman, just more and more dialogue.

And sadly, this was one of the funniest movies I've seen all year and that was not supposed to happen.

F-ck Shane Black to the fullest; I hope he never makes a movie again after how he slaughtered Mandarin -- Robert Downey Jr. saved the entire movie.

Funny thing is, I've read maybe (literally) 3 comic books in my life, I'm the farthest one from being a "comic book fan/nerd" and even I'M aware of how much of a badass Mandarin is/was supposed to be.

And the end-credit scene?! What the hell?!

My cousin said it best: a rushed piece of sh-t just so they can move onto The Avengers 2.

6/10 for the movie only cause it cracked me up.

Last edited by RYLNYC; 05-05-2013 at 12:12 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #51
landlord151515 137 heat pts137
space
space
$2,499 | Props total: 2318 2318
Agreed first Spartacus now this
 5 years ago '10        #52
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 Yung Chance said:

I literally give 0 fu*ks about how mandarin was portrayed and thought Kingsley k!lled it. Never read an iron man comic in my life, only comics I read were when I was a kid and went to my grandparents and they pulled out the old ones my dad use to read so I dont give a damn about any of the comic book character history hogwash. The movie was just not good, it was alright at best, border line bad.

There are only like 4 action scenes. About 40% of the jokes were funny, 20% were lame and another 40% were just there.

Last edited by G Code; 05-05-2013 at 12:17 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #53
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,308 | Props total: 6442 6442
I thought you weren't reviewing any more movies
 5 years ago '11        #54
superdrunken 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,849 | Props total: 82 82
your reviews are garbage forever because you rated a movie a 0.
 5 years ago '05        #55
VillainsDream 
space
space
$309 | Props total: 31 31
It was ok. It was basically marvels version of Batman Begins. Although I wanted to see the mandarin go crazy, I was left disappointed. Ben Kingsley and RDJ held it down though.
 5 years ago '11        #56
Mr X 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,266 | Props total: 241 241
saw it today

was bored throughout most of the movie, way too much "forced humor"

not a lot of action, and the humor ruined the "serious" action scenes

definitely the worst iron man

and what the fu*k happened with his chest? that was the stupidest sh*t ever, at the end all they did was pull that little thing out and he was back to normal, where did all that other sh*t go that he kept on replacing in the first and second iron man, that left out so much stuff in this one
 5 years ago '05        #57
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4136 4136
 critiQue said:
I thought you weren't reviewing any more movies
Read the original thread, I said I was taking a hiatus, which I did.

superdrunken said:
your reviews are garbage forever because you rated a movie a 0.
Yeah, I did. And, I'd do it again too.

If my reviews are garbage because I gave "Battleship" a Zero, then fine. I'll be a garbage critic as long as I don't ever have to see that goddamned movie ever again.
 5 years ago '07        #58
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
space
$22,692 | Props total: 17950 17950
 playamade56 said:

[spoiler - click to view]

You know what.. YOU DAMN RIGHT!!! I ain't even think about it I was just happy it was over.
im trying to figure out why youd take his spoiler out of spoiler tags to respond to it,i mean are you a dumbass or did you do that purposely?

Last edited by I bleed GREEN; 05-05-2013 at 01:50 AM.. Reason: added spoiler tags to his post
 05-05-2013, 02:00 AM         #59
Yung Chance 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe it was the hype that was portrayed and then everyone laughing and cheering in the theater,ill wait til the dvdrip comes out to sit and over analyze it because at first glance its a 9/10 for me.iron man movies are "superhero comedy drama thrillers" if thats a category and thats exactly what this turned out to be
 5 years ago '09        #60
29 26 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,182 | Props total: 2585 2585
It was pretty wack.. im an easy guy to please with movies like these and the highest id go would be a 6.5.. why would they start phase 2 with this and will any of the events in this movie carry over or effect anything that will happen in avengers 2, no. It was pretty bad.

Dam.. u guys are right about the more u think about it, the more u realize how bad it was. Directing and choreography for the action was my main gripe. Just watch the f!ght between him and the female again... there's probably 8-10 angles within a 5 second span of hand to hand combat.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy