Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
38 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
84 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-04-2013, 03:36 PM         #21
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominationCM said:
I heard it was bad was going to check it out tonight. When Omega review some sh*t I definitely pay attention oh well toonami and brew for me tonight

you should really value your own opinion on things
 5 years ago '11        #22
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
I don't know man besides Avengers I really never trusted Marvel Movies. Iron Man 1 and 2 I thought was dope but then sh*t like this happens and it make them fools stay seeming suspect.

Man of Steel on deck
 5 years ago '07        #23
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,777 | Props total: 1306 1306
Maybe next movie we will find out the mandarin was pretending to be an actor or was brainwashed gets his rings and wrecks havoc. I think they can redeem the character. The more i think about it the more disappointed i become. All that potential. All that "you'll never see me coming" crap.
 5 years ago '05        #24
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,834 | Props total: 4102 4102
I think people who like it seem to mistake those of us who don't.

For the record, I wanted to love this movie. I was ready for it to totally knock my socks off, and entertain me. By the 30 minute mark, however, I realized that sinking feeling of "I'm not enjoying this". So, in that moment, you make a decision to spend the next hour trying to find the film's center, and find it's core that reveals the film's true entertainment value. I was really trying to ride with it, and then The Mandarin thing happened, and it squandered every bit of goodwill I had left for the movie.

Like, beyond The Mandarin fiasco, the movie just had sizable SIZABLE flaws all the way through, and it's a problem that lies more with the script and the direction. Like, my review was only a sampling of the huge issues I have with the movie. There's so much more to complain about if we're gonna talk specifics. And, if we are, then break out the spoilers, and let's deconstruct this b*tch.
 5 years ago '04        #25
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,985 | Props total: 4328 4328
I thought it looked bad from the trailers.
 5 years ago '05        #26
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
Idk man, they couldve had an imposter and still revealed an easter egg of the real manderin

Marvel is determined to see their heros win no matter what

I hope marvel learns their lesson with this movie... Bring back jon favreau

The mandarin sh*t was like a gag reel getting fused into the actual film
I thought the Mandarin thing just felt like a joke from one of those spoof movies like "Meet the Spartans" or "A Haunted House". It felt so silly and so out of place, I literally wondered if I walked into the wrong movie.

And, I might be one of the only ones, but I actually do really really like Iron Man 2. I thought the storytelling in that one is much MUCH stronger than it is here.
 05-04-2013, 05:02 PM         #27
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Darkdrone said:
The original Ironman is still the best Marvel Film to date.
Fixed
 5 years ago '05        #28
space
space
 Illstreet said:
Fixed
To me, I still think it's a three-way tie between X2, The Avengers, and Spider-Man 2. I love the first Iron Man though.
 05-04-2013, 05:12 PM         #29
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
To me, I still think it's a three-way tie between X2, The Avengers, and Spider-Man 2. I love the first Iron Man though.
I kinda since meant this whole Marvel Films thing...

Wasn't taking the X-Men or Original Spiderman films into account. That would require more thought.

But I haven't had the slightest desire to watch "The Avengers" again since it first came out on Blu-Ray and dissapointed me with the transition from the Big Screen to the TV Screen(got a 50 Inch).

Movie didn't feel as epic, funny or dope as the first time on the Big Screen. Just felt plastic.

The original "Iron Man" is still a fun watch any time.
 5 years ago '05        #30
space
space
 Illstreet said:
I kinda since meant this whole Marvel Films thing...

Wasn't taking the X-Men or Original Spiderman films into account. That would require more thought.

But I haven't had the slightest desire to watch "The Avengers" again since it first came out on Blu-Ray and dissapointed me with the transition from the Big Screen to the TV Screen(got a 50 Inch).

Movie didn't feel as epic, funny or dope as the first time on the Big Screen. Just felt plastic.

The original "Iron Man" is still a fun watch any time.
Ah, I see. In terms of Marvel Studios, I feel that "The Avengers" is, for me, infinitely watchable even now. So is "Iron Man". I don't think any Marvel Studios movie besides those two have managed to retain a long-lasting shelf-life. Hence the reason why the first "Iron Man", or even Nolan's "Batman" films are STILL referenced and talked about today.
 5 years ago '04        #31
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
I enjoyed IM3, but I am also disappointed.

Mandarin deserved better. WAY BETTER. IM3 is like giving The Joker a backseat in a Batman movie. It was worst than a "Venom in Spiderman 3" level of disrespect. :ohhellnonas:

IM3 had a lot of plot holes and crap I just had to accept to enjoy the movie. Gave me a Dark Knight Rises vibe of ridiculousness.

But it was a fun ride though.
 5 years ago '11        #32
keen77 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,252 | Props total: 1 1
So glad for all these bad reviews

Gonna go in with low expectations and end up loving it
 5 years ago '04        #33
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
I enjoyed it, but it wasn't a great movie.

First off, the PTSD angle they took was completely stupid. It didn't seem at all like a realistic representation of someone suffering from PTSD and it was just overall annoying to have to deal with the melodrama they tried to attach to Ironman's character.

Gwenyth Paltrow is fu*king irritating and ugly. I cringed when I saw that nasty a.ss ho in that sportsbra.

However dumb the Mandarin angle ended up being, Ben Kingsley was funny as hell.

At times it just seemed like they were trying to put in as much action as possible to take away from the fact that the story was weak. Guy Ritchie's character was irritating and the ending sucked.

But I was able to disconnect for a good 2 hours and watch the movie for what it was.. I didn't expect much, and I wasn't disappointed.
 5 years ago '11        #34
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
 Cheeze said:

you should really value your own opinion on things
I'm just saying he be on point and i happen to agree with his reviews more times than not. its nothing wrong with placing value in someones opinion and not to mention he just saved me time and money.

if enough people say a movie is bad then somethings definitely up
 5 years ago '11        #35
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
Fixed
illstreet what you give it?
 5 years ago '06        #36
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
it may suck for the comic geeks but for the audience that it was purposely made for (people who just want a cheap laugh and explosions) it will do well with them
 5 years ago '05        #37
space
space
 niceguy954 said:
it may suck for the comic geeks but for the audience that it was purposely made for (people who just want a cheap laugh and explosions) it will do well with them
But, you know what? I tried looking at it from that point of view also, and it was still just boring to me.

My reasons for disliking it are not about me as just a comic book geek, but as just a fan of fun summer movies.
 5 years ago '04        #38
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
*insert that Rock clapping gif here*
 5 years ago '07        #39
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
The Mandarin thing was a wasted opportunity...I was really looking forward to seeing a true baddy give Iron Man a run for his money, but what they did with Ben Kingsly was kinda fun (lets face it they need a chinese dude to portray Mandarin and prolly should have had that at the end of the credits like the REAL Mandarin reveals himself or something)

Outside of that the movie played pretty much similar to Iron Man 2, not a terrible movie but not exactly what you wanted. They hit gold with the first Iron Man and struggled to find out how to utilize him properly in the sequels. Most of the jokes are forced, but the saving grace is that Robert Downey Jr. is carrying the torch and leading us through these contrived plots, characters and jokes.

Iron Man 3 is an enjoyable movie imo, but it is a far cry from what they could have done and should have done. The ending with Pepper was pretty lame but other than that it is a watchable B movie. If you go into this movie with medium to low expectations then you won't be disappointed.
 5 years ago '04        #40
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
To each his own. I dug it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
78 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
53 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
114 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
255 comments
2 days ago