DaOmega_1 reviews "Iron Man 3"

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
53 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
298 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
9439 pageviews
193 comments

DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,842 | Props total: 4140 4140
DaOmega_1 reviews "Iron Man 3"

Well....... Let's begin.

Iron Man 3 is a frequently boring, frequently soulless, and infrequently engaging attempt to make Tony Stark grow as a character. For the most part, this succeeds in the most superficial ways. But, when one takes a long look at this film and what its filmmakers have to offer, one can't help be see its glaring problems right from the start.

No. This movie is mistaken. And, it is also easily the worst Marvel Studios film. So, Tony Stark is still reeling from the events of "The Avengers". He's having serious PTSD issues, and it is affecting his relationship with Pepper Potts. Meanwhile, a terrorist by the name of The Mandarin is causing havoc all over the world. When Tony Stark, ever arrogant, calls him out on national television, The Mandarin then proceeds to mercilessly destroy everything important to him. So, without the Iron Man armor, Tony must use only his wit & intelligence to get back at The Mandarin, and save his beloved Pepper Potts.

The problems stem from a fairly basic issue: it's just boring. Too frequently, the pacing is inorganic, choppy, and inconsistent. Too often, it feels like the film has to stop to inject humor into scenes where it feels inappropriate. The action sequences, however, feel almost entirely... lethargic.

Lethargic. Or, dull. Especially the end sequence, which is so long and so plodding, I thought it'd never end. It just feels so very plastic. Speaking of plastic, I do not buy Tony Stark's character arc AT ALL. It all feels so fake & superficial, and the issues Tony Stark faces doesn't seem very convincingly challenging. His solutions are a matter of convenience... practically every single time.

A concept that could've been interesting is the question if Tony Stark & Iron Man are the same thing, or completely different entities. But again, the attempts to do that ring false. And, the film even seems to contradict itself about its ideals. Especially towards the ending action sequence when it becomes painfully clear that this film does not know what it wants to be. Because Tony Stark is so superficially defined in this film, it's damn-near impossible to care about any of the battles Tony must f!ght.

The battles might also lack impact because of the increasingly jokey tone in the movie. The comedy is so at-the-forefront. And, worst of all (and frankly, surprising coming from Shane Black), it's not very funny at all. Look, we all know we exist in a world where dark films like Nolan's Batman trilogy can co-exist with the bright-&-flashy Marvel Studios films. But, there HAS to be balance. And, there is none here.

The tone is so scattered & confused throughout. There are characters who have roles that shift unconvincingly. Example: Rebecca Hall's character, and how she seems to go through about 5 different character shifts. Or, Pepper Potts' completely unconvincing emotional struggle (which may have something to do with Gwyneth Paltrow's complete inability to play this role in the slightest). The comedic bits are forced, and the dark/serious themes lack nuance. They are crowbarred in such ham-fisted ways, the two tones cancel each other out, and as a result, the film feels bland. It has NO identity at all. And, about identity, I'm gonna just straight-up complain for a good paragraph or two about the big elephant in the room. And, here we go.

I hate. hate. HATE what they did with The Mandarin with EVERY fiber of my being. I hate it, and it f*cking offends me not just as a fan of Marvel Comics, but as a fan of comics in general. Seriously, when that scene occured, it felt like it was from one of those parody films like "Date Movie" or "Meet The Spartans". I almost couldn't believe they would pull something so f*cking heinous & offensive to fans. What the f*ck.

It's that kind of disregard for storied characters that has always made comic book movie fans hesitant to embrace studio produced film versions of their favorite characters. And, what they did would've been interesting... had it been in a better movie.

But, this is not that movie. Never, not even a little, does it live up to the potential that this story might show. There are moments, small ones, that feel convincing & real. But, those moments are so small and inconsequential to the plot, that one cannot help but focus on the things the film gets so very wrong.

To be absolutely clear, maybe to most this film isn't as bad as my review might suggest. But, it is not nearly as good as it could've been. To me, it is worse than a bad movie. It's a bland one. Flavorless & dull, it just exists, and leaves me feeling apathetic at the end of it all. And, honestly that is a worse feeling than if this film was a complete & total disaster. This is worst. This is a disappointment, and it's a disappointment that makes me regret investing my time in this series at all.

Damn.

SCORE: 4.5 (out of 10) = ALMOST CRAPPY

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 05-04-2013 at 11:56 AM..

193 comments for "DaOmega_1 reviews "Iron Man 3""

5 years ago '12        #2
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,742 | Props total: 610 610
I agree don't see how anyone could like this sh*tty a.ss movie
 5 years ago '10        #3
NoahJordan 9 heat pts
space
space
$891 | Props total: 601 601
yup....

movie was terrible...

Gwyneth Paltrow ugly as fu*k

and who needs tony stark if he got all those ironmans

ow yeah he destroyed them for that bi*ch

fu*k outta here
 5 years ago '08        #4
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 2400 2400
Thanks Omega.
 5 years ago '04        #5
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,891 | Props total: 2953 2953
*worse
 5 years ago '07        #6
Polo da don 
space
space
$487 | Props total: 32 32
Agreed with every word.
 5 years ago '07        #7
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,562 | Props total: 43721 43721
not trying to be a d!ck but i think the phrase is few and far between not "far & between"

good review though. i prob will wait until netflix

Last edited by st21; 05-04-2013 at 11:39 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #8
tdub-zr0 139 heat pts139
space
space
$26,910 | Props total: 14790 14790
Thanks for yet another detailed and insightful review, Omega.

You just saved me $10.
 5 years ago '12        #9
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,818 | Props total: 22165 22165
Yeah you can convince yourself that this movie was good, but there wasn't anything that stood out to me. They'll get it with Capt 2 though
 5 years ago '05        #10
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
 ThePainkiller said:
Yeah you can convince yourself that this movie was good, but there wasn't anything that stood out to me. They'll get it with Capt 2 though
I'm thinking that it'll be "Thor: The Dark World" that will get it right where Iron Man 3 got it so very wrong.
 05-04-2013, 12:16 PM         #11
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The original Ironman was the best in the triology.
 5 years ago '08        #12
dangeroushall 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,481 | Props total: 832 832
Is this real life?????? This sh*t was great!
 5 years ago '04        #13
VickVega 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 114 114
Agree the film was boring, dull. They ruined the fu*king Mandarin. Big dissapointment, even the last scene after the credits was pointless.
 5 years ago '10        #14
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,900 | Props total: 21183 21183
Maroon take off that damn cape son, enough.

The movie sucked and don't come in here talking "w-w-w-w-well you guys are going extreme about the mandar".....no!

The movie is sh*t even counting out the Mandarin plot.

It is boring, they forced too many bad jokes, they forced too many kiddie jokes, the plot was as simple as the Joker's in The Dark Knight but without the reward & payoff, we had some little kid that not one of us gave two sh*ts about, the characters we felt no compassion or emotion for them, Tony was rendered useless, the action scenes were crap, the movie as a whole felt very campy, it just sucked.

Iron Man 1 - 10/10
Iron Man 2 - 6/10
Iron Man 3 - 4/10

Last edited by Agentzer0oo0; 05-04-2013 at 01:47 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #15
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,546 | Props total: 13166 13166

This is always Boxden's reaction to mainstream success. Always always always. Lmao.
 5 years ago '05        #16
space
space
 regularjoe said:

This is always Boxden's reaction to mainstream success. Always always always. Lmao.
Yeah, like the universally negative fan reaction to The Avengers or The Dark Knight because they were mainstream!

Oh, wait... It wasn't. So, you'd be wrong.
 5 years ago '04        #17
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,546 | Props total: 13166 13166
That's only because people got to pick sides between the two. BX doesn't support anything mainstream. So settle your sensitive a.ss down.
 5 years ago '05        #18
space
space
 regularjoe said:
That's only because people got to pick sides between the two. BX doesn't support anything mainstream. So settle your sensitive a.ss down.
I don't know what boxden you're on, because all I see is mainstream stuff on here. There's tons of threads for Iron Man 3, and not a single one about the other smaller film that got released on the same day (The Iceman with Michael Shannon). So, in the end, you'd still be wrong. Ain't no sensitivity here. Just facts, bruh.

Peace.
 5 years ago '04        #19
grydlok 38 heat pts38
space
space
$8,650 | Props total: 1126 1126
Just came from seeing the movie, was not feeling the Mandarin or the ending. The "AIM" angle even sucked. Shane Black needs to be giving that same heat treatment and blow up for this travesty.
 5 years ago '11        #20
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
I heard it was bad was going to check it out tonight. When Omega review some sh*t I definitely pay attention oh well toonami and brew for me tonight
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy