Mr. Serv-On Recalls The Phone Conversation That Broke Up No Limit Records

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,088 | Props total: 3886 3886
 cankstoochie said:
lets be real.... them contracts for beats must of looked like sh*t for them to even say "i'm gonna get a lawyer"
nah it was a case of dumb n*ggas thinking their sole worth is more than it was.. cause think about it.. they ain't really did sh*t since leaving. they did the medicine men sh*t with benzino P still eating like a champ.. got romeo a tv show, doing movies, doing commericals fro colleges and the new no limit.. P is good hell even had a shoe.. these n*gga ain't did sh*t since.. so hind site, if the n*ggas was REALLY cool with P, they would have trusted him even then.. so like P said fu*k'em..
 5 years ago '04        #42
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
 cankstoochie said:
lets be real.... them contracts for beats must of looked like sh*t for them to even say "i'm gonna get a lawyer"
thats 100% true, you can tell they were making money but not making what they were worth. in the end EVERYONE lost on future money.
 5 years ago '05        #43
K.B. 
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
 NahLij said:
I would love to see a documentary about No Limit like Welcome To deathrow
that sh*t would be very entertaining. No Limit was on top of the game n*ggas was dropping new albums damn near every month. crazy how much material they produced.
 05-06-2013, 06:50 PM         #44
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
smh n*gga broke up one of the greatest movements ever over a damn signature. If the man was giving you your money on strength of his word, what makes you think he's suddenly bout to fu*k you over. If he wanted to fu*k you over he would have done it when he legally didn't owe you sh*t. Whoever had that man on speaker phone fake for that. And P should have checked himself and just said "my bad" to fix the sh*t. Sad because when these stories come out it's usually some bullsh*t that ruins greatness.
 5 years ago '04        #45
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,232 | Props total: 3013 3013
 Trilluminati GA said:
Kenoe was nice with that NL sound. Ride on the busts still crushin sh*t

I remember hearin that and checkin to see who made it because nothing at NL sounded like that at the time.

Kenoe had some sh*t, still does..
 5 years ago '08        #46
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
the no limit days >>>

K.B. said:
that sh*t would be very entertaining. No Limit was on top of the game n*ggas was dropping new albums damn near every month. crazy how much material they produced.
and i bought all of it.
 5 years ago '05        #47
igotjshoe 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,661 | Props total: 36 36
No Limit is the only label to be 99% independent and 100% successful. Somewhere in there is the part about the 'industry' being salty about ALL the MONEY P and co. was raking in. The only tax he had to pay was to Priority for distribution. The rest went to him, you just read where Serv said he kept it 100 and did 50/50s with the roster. As someone already stated, that's unheard of to this day!

You can't name one 'indy' label that has ever done NL numbers. Every label you wanna name is under some majors umbrella. Roc was Def Jam, Cash Money is Universal, Bad Boy stay getting passed around, Maybach is Warner, death Row was under Interscope, the list goes on......

Bottom line is P was making too mush money w/o having to align himself with some old white guys/Jews(no hate at all but they run the recording industry) so they saw a lane to end it and went for it. I know Mo B d!ck personally. He told a similar story to what Serv said give or take a little finger pointing.
 5 years ago '13        #48
JrEALERS 5544 6 heat pts
space
space
$856 | Props total: 248 248
Silk tha shocker trynna get his CEO on
 5 years ago '04        #49
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 211 211
 cankstoochie said:
naaaah all it take is one n*gga to get in your ear like "you aint eatin like P eating fam" n*ggas wanna lawyer up and feel they deserve a bigger slice... sh*t was prolly better thany anything n*ggas seeing now
 05-06-2013, 09:20 PM         #50
jasons559 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What a shame man. Unfortunately everybody took a "L" with that No Limit breakup. Cause after Beats By The Pound left "P" sh*t started to decline and never sounded as good as the earlier years. The artists and producers too. Everybody except maybe Mystikal and Soulja Slim(RIP) pretty much struggled to stay relevant as the sound and the times changed.
 05-06-2013, 09:59 PM         #51
itzvibez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice post
 5 years ago '10        #52
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
 NahLij said:
I would love to see a documentary about No Limit like Welcome To deathrow
 5 years ago '04        #53
WOODS5000 
space
space
$2,162 | Props total: 92 92
 Trilluminati GA said:
bbtp was the life blood of NL. When they left the tank damn came to a screeching halt. Never knew P tried to get em back. I remeber vividly (I was a big NL head) that when they left, P flexxed like he didn't need them and got sum new producers. But they were wack as hell. Damn.....money & egos almost always fu*k labels, families, and clicks up.

Wonder if they can peace it out and make music again. Dont know if Carlos, O'dell, & Craig B got it but KL & MO B still nice with it.
Big NL Head here too, soundtrack of my HS life c/o 99 I'm 32.... But Yea P went and got XL and Suga Bear sh*t sounded a little different but start to fall off... That Deadly Soundz Tho' on TRU records was fire then , Bullsh*ttin; thinking back now,,, it should have strictly just progessed to Deadly Soundz /Keno for the 2000's ... to rival CMB
 5 years ago '04        #54
Duntaz 58 heat pts58
space
space
$13,318 | Props total: 5739 5739
P r*ped the music industry
[pic - click to view]

they made sure they shut that sh*t down after he came thru

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #55
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,866 | Props total: 13660 13660
 WOODS5000 said:
Big NL Head here too, soundtrack of my HS life c/o 99 I'm 32.... But Yea P went and got XL and Suga Bear sh*t sounded a little different but start to fall off... That Deadly Soundz Tho' on TRU records was fire then , Bullsh*ttin; thinking back now,,, it should have strictly just progessed to Deadly Soundz /Keno for the 2000's ... to rival CMB
as am I homie still got most of my NL cds despite sum hoe a.ss thieves. I remember them names XL & Suga Bear but they didn't make no noise. They couldn't follow up in BBTP's footsteps by far. Kenoe had potential but the tank weighed to much for one man. He was nice tho C-murder mos def came up good putting Kenoe down with his sh*t. SMH these Serv On interviews got me slick blowed homie.
 5 years ago '07        #56
Nothavingit 53 heat pts53
space
space
$5,737 | Props total: 1136 1136
"Master P and son Romeo are currently revamping No Limit Forever Records, now based in Los Angeles, California. The roster is said to include Fat Trel and former death Row Records hopeful Eastwood, in addition to Master P, Romeo and Silkk The Shocker."

son give it up
 5 years ago '07        #57
N.O.4Life 45 heat pts45
space
space
$19,609 | Props total: 10581 10581
I always knew P was treating them right money wise.only thing that beats by the pound prolly had a problem wit was the amount of work they was putting in.P was dropping albums every other week lol.and I guess it didnt add up when you look at it on paper.good read
 5 years ago '10        #58
JudasHatesJesus 146 heat pts146
space
space
$6,988 | Props total: 3780 3780
 N.O.4Life said:
I always knew P was treating them right money wise.only thing that beats by the pound prolly had a problem wit was the amount of work they was putting in.P was dropping albums every other week lol.and I guess it didnt add up when you look at it on paper.good read
honestly that makes a lot of sense. but if they wanted a paid by the hour job they should have went to mcdonalds or burger king.
 5 years ago '07        #59
N.O.4Life 45 heat pts45
space
space
$19,609 | Props total: 10581 10581
 JudasHatesJesus said:
honestly that makes a lot of sense. but if they wanted a paid by the hour job they should have went to mcdonalds or burger king.
but the sh*t P was during was crazy.imagine if those dudes was doing every beat for no limit!At one time it was like over 100 acts over there.multiply that times 16 songs on each album
 5 years ago '10        #60
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,882 | Props total: 9023 9023
Damn shame this all allegedly ended over a phone dispute
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
24 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
82 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
44 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
133 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy