Mr. Serv-On Recalls The Phone Conversation That Broke Up No Limit Records

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
79 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
135 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #21
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,032 | Props total: 17221 17221
 Trilluminati GA said:
bbtp was the life blood of NL. When they left the tank damn came to a screeching halt. Never knew P tried to get em back. I remeber vividly (I was a big NL head) that when they left, P flexxed like he didn't need them and got sum new producers. But they were wack as hell. Damn.....money & egos almost always fu*k labels, families, and clicks up.

Wonder if they can peace it out and make music again. Dont know if Carlos, O'dell, & Craig B got it but KL & MO B still nice with it.
Aint my place to speak publicly on this one, but you and I wil have a convo about this sh*t over a beer one day lol....I done heard alot

I remember asking a certain group of individuals involved in all this "how yall feel about that joint he doin with them 2 new artists' and was told 'Dont even know who or what you talkin about"

At that moment I knew the future was all that was important and n*ggas weren't even talking about that sh*t

We gone talk Geno lmao
 5 years ago '10        #22
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,866 | Props total: 13661 13661
 ALLEEK said:
Aint my place to speak publicly on this one, but you and I wil have a convo about this sh*t over a beer one day lol....I done heard alot

I remember asking a certain group of individuals involved in all this "how yall feel about that joint he doin with them 2 new artists' and was told 'Dont even know who or what you talkin about"

At that moment I knew the future was all that was important and n*ggas weren't even talking about that sh*t

We gone talk Geno lmao

dont forget the bud homie I know that girl scout cookie kush up there
but I got a damn good idea what and who you're talm bout pimp.

In the mud
 5 years ago '10        #23
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,538 | Props total: 5871 5871
 dcashalston said:
It doesnt say that the No limit contracts changed tho...

What i took from the article was No Limit was doin sh*t off of handshakes but Priority just wanted No Limit's contracts in writing to get the big deal done...

When Beats by the Pound saw the contracts they was like hell no! We was doin everything on some street sh*t now all of a sudden we gotta sign contracts? Thats why they got lawyers...they was probably worried bout signing a slave deal...

But if we in business and doin sh*t with verbals and handshakes then all of a sudden a n*gga like ight b4 we do this next deal, sign this contract...ill lawyer up too...
That's what it sounds like to me.
 5 years ago '04        #24
Capimp 
space
space
$5,093 | Props total: 3813 3813
Damn i got new respect for P, i always thought he wasn't trying to pay the artists. Seems to me now P is the most unselfish CEO of a record label ever along with being one of the smartest businessmen in the rap game ever
 5 years ago '05        #25
adh56 
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 9 9
 YungPrinceNY said:
meanwhile at cash money

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #26
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,538 | Props total: 5871 5871
 Capimp said:
Damn i got new respect for P, i always thought he wasn't trying to pay the artists. Seems to me now P is the most unselfish CEO of a record label ever along with being one of the smartest businessmen in the rap game ever
Indeed, Mr. Serv On's testimonial about P's MO are proof that it's possible for an owner to achieve success without resorting to jerking those under him/her.
 05-03-2013, 10:57 PM         #27
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
even if they come back it aint gon be what it used to be
 5 years ago '05        #28
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,436 | Props total: 25094 25094
 YungPrinceNY said:
meanwhile at cash money

[pic - click to view]

That Plus...Mannie Fresh Dip Along With Turk,B.G. & Juvenile. Cash Money Had To Remodel Themselves & Build Under Wayne.

As For This Story, Heard Stories About The fu*k Up Contracts Coming Into Play But Never Thought The Fallen Out Would Be Among P and Beats By The Pound. I Wish They Can Together and Still Cook Something Up For The New Breeds. This Kind of Remind of The Mystikal/Birdman Thread....
 5 years ago '07        #29
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,585 | Props total: 1051 1051
now that i think of it, i'm highly confused. i thought the ex soldiers were once saying that p wasn't paying them?
 5 years ago '07        #30
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
 cankstoochie said:
now that i think of it, i'm highly confused. i thought the ex soldiers were once saying that p wasn't paying them?
Krayzy gave an interview where he talked about how P and Slim fell out. He defends P but says that money was the root problem. Maybe certain artists didn't understand how the money was supposed to be spread. I think there was an overall lack of communication.

[video - click to view]

05-04-2013, 04:22 AM         #31
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if im not mistaken didnt drummaboy also produce for no limit back in the day?
 5 years ago '05        #32
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,190 | Props total: 11750 11750
 cankstoochie said:
what does this have to do with anything?

But Carlos Stephens produced it
 5 years ago '05        #33
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,190 | Props total: 11750 11750
 Walkerboy86 said:
if im not mistaken didnt drummaboy also produce for no limit back in the day?
I dont think he ever produced for a NL artist
 05-04-2013, 09:10 AM         #34
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THEINFAMOUS said:
I dont think he ever produced for a NL artist
Just checkin. Could of sworn i heard him say in an interview that he did but i dnt remember
 5 years ago '04        #35
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,673 | Props total: 6809 6809
 MiseryCityTexas said:
not all of no limit's producers after beats by the pound's departure were wack. Kenoe, and Mike Diesal were nice, it's just that Percy's chemistry with them sucked compared to how it was with beats by the pound. Diesal now produces for Lil Wayne, and Kenoe makes beats for Young Jeezy now.
Kenoe co-existed with BBTP, he was technically with C-murder's TRU Records in house production as Deadly Soundz.

Trilluminati GA said:
bbtp was the life blood of NL. When they left the tank damn came to a screeching halt. Never knew P tried to get em back. I remeber vividly (I was a big NL head) that when they left, P flexxed like he didn't need them and got sum new producers. But they were wack as hell. Damn.....money & egos almost always fu*k labels, families, and clicks up.

Wonder if they can peace it out and make music again. Dont know if Carlos, O'dell, & Craig B got it but KL & MO B still nice with it.
Don't know if you remember, but Carlos was the only one to stay, he started going by C-Los.

Anyone member that interlude called 'The Real' going at BBTP from Ghetto Postage?

I don't know whats wrong wit these fu*kaz, Alwayz winin alwayz cryin he ain't doin this fo me she ain't doin dat. Motha fu*ka get wit me i try to teach a motha fu*ka somthin and then they just jump in here talk about goin AWOL who the fu*k goin AWOL man i let these motha fu*kaz in here, then they go to the fu*kin white man and sell they fukin sole for a couple o bi*chez and a blunt man. How we supposed to respect that whoadie, if any fu*kin producers runnin they mouth man i'll pay fo the equip met a motha fu*ka couldn't even make beats fo a hundred and two dollaz man. show a n*gga how ta deal some papa, and dats what i get in return man. How u talkin bout u ain't wit no limit no more? y don't u bring bak the tank then whoadie? You ain't gawta bring it bak to me man i kno u scared, mail it to me. What r ya keepin it fo protection? What are ya gonna do wit the tatoos punta? Cover it up wit a suit? Thats somthin that some bi*chez would do. Oh Yeah, when i met ya ya'll had nothin, now ya gone and ya got nothin again punta. Ain't no real n*ggaz gone fu*k wit ya. Sell all the stories ya want to the inquirer i don't give a fu*k. I don't have no image to hold, you do, i'm from the streets, where you from? Wha u gone call the police and press charges every time ya get ya a.ss whooped? What kinda gangsta are u punta?

Last edited by x Tha Arkitek x; 05-04-2013 at 10:42 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #36
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,585 | Props total: 1051 1051
^^^^^^^^ p should have hooked up with triple 6 and had them produced all his no limit sh*t. them n*ggas beats was serious back then.

bbtp = dj paul and juicy j

x Tha Arkitek x said:
Kenoe co-existed with BBTP, he was technically with C-murder's TRU Records in house production as Deadly Soundz.

Don't know if you remember, but Carlos was the only one to stay, he started going by C-Los.

Anyone member that interlude called 'The Real' going at BBTP from Ghetto Postage?
n*ggas wanna leave the tank, i ain't mad but do it silent
but ain't no coming back cuz ain't nobody smiling

pockets gon stay fat - master p

p was mad cuz they left.

Last edited by cankstoochie; 05-04-2013 at 10:58 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #37
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,866 | Props total: 13661 13661
 x Tha Arkitek x said:

Kenoe was nice with that NL sound. Ride on the busts still crushin sh*t

[video - click to view]

Mane I dreaded seeing Carlos aka C Los in the credits on the beat. All his sh*ts sounded the same

@ that intro, ppl forget how strong P's sh*t talking game was

THEINFAMOUS said:

But Carlos Stephens produced it
Carlos could have been better if he wouldn't have made the same beat 20 times over.
 5 years ago '04        #38
cuzjuan 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,166 | Props total: 545 545
i dont care what no body say bout masta p he is a real don of the south...
back in 94 when we only had college radio really playing hiphop i heard of this dude and they were still
playing method and big fu*k the world song.. i aint neva hear of this dude by in like 6 months after that he took over man!
 5 years ago '04        #39
Bossalinie 
space
space
$4,756 | Props total: 41 41
 x Tha Arkitek x said:
yep that and if you real, keep it real from goodfellas was going at klc/bbtp

i remember klc produced c-murder - down for my ns and on the album version it says "klc got the beats hittin hard like burt" but on the video they changed klc to XL haha

Last edited by Bossalinie; 05-06-2013 at 05:54 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #40
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,959 | Props total: 5870 5870
 all3rd said:
Haven't heard Mr. Serv-On since hope he comes back
Used to keep that on repeat back in the day. fu*ked up that situation ended like it did with NL. The Tank had it on LOCK back then
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
147 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
45 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
95 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
297 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy