May 3 - No Spank You: The Harmful Impact of Physically Disciplining Your Kids

most viewed right now
 134
Drake- Iím Upset
280 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 96
Image(s) inside Rhymefest Responds To Kim Kardashian!
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 53
Article inside Reboot your router
34 comments
@tech
most viewed right now
 52
Kim Kardashian ethers Rhymefest!!
255 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #101
certifiedplaya1 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,379 | Props total: 173 173
all the white people i know spank their kids but im from texas , could be a southern thing
 5 years ago '07        #102
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,212 | Props total: 5350 5350
 Tony Franks said:
For real, it seems that everyone just tries to justify the way they were raised. People cant stand the thought of something they are doing being wrong, or something thats been done to them being wrong.

Its the same reason children that were molested often end up growing to be child predators themselves. They internalize and make the event ok in their minds cuz it has to be ok for them to live with the shame or whatever comes with that.

But you see people dont want a child being rewarded for sh*t, but thats just cuz you didnt get anything and now dont wanna see someone else get something that your parents felt you didnt deserve. (i didnt get rewarded nor praised for accomplishments either, but think that was kinda sh*tty since someone was quick to put me on punishment if i fu*ked up. Negative reinforcement is not the way imo)

You dont wanna see people try and talk to their kids and punish them in a less-angry manner because no one thought you were worthy of that. Plus people need to feel like they are alright. Everything that was done to them is ok and they are the best that they can possibly be because of it. Absolutely no problems in their lives can be from any of these things.

They are normal...
wrong based on what?because some lily white person chooses to put they kid on timeout,instead of whoopin a.ss,that makes it wrong lol.anybody who agrees wit non-physical discipline cant possibly deal wit any kids outside of their own

as somebody who works in tha nyc public school system,i see tha effects of no a.ss whoopings everyday.i was scared to death to curse in front of an adult as a child or pre-teen.u tell a kid to watch they mouth,a kid will look at u like your crazy.even tha toughest kids growin up had respect not to curse in front of adults.i see kids failing every damn class comin to school wit new sneakers every week,kids tellin adults what they not gonna do.this sh*t is crazy,and its by careful design.once that ability to discipline is takin away,u get an outta control generation who have a false sense of entitlement
 5 years ago '07        #103
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,212 | Props total: 5350 5350
 Decan45 said:
Not buying it. Despite how many little heathens I've seen running around acting crazy in public, I've never even seen a kid cuss his parents in public period, regardless of race... But you've conveniently seen multiple white kids do this? Fairy tales...

[video - click to view]

 5 years ago '10        #104
chenderson12 46 heat pts46
space
avatar space
space
$2,204 | Props total: 1095 1095
difference between beatings and teaching a lesson... Alot people think beatings are the answer and all it will lead to is the kid getting used to it.. and no longer being scared of it which will lead to ________
 05-05-2013, 09:56 AM         #105
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
wrong based on what?because some lily white person chooses to put they kid on timeout,instead of whoopin a.ss,that makes it wrong lol.anybody who agrees wit non-physical discipline cant possibly deal wit any kids outside of their own

as somebody who works in tha nyc public school system,i see tha effects of no a.ss whoopings everyday.i was scared to death to curse in front of an adult as a child or pre-teen.u tell a kid to watch they mouth,a kid will look at u like your crazy.even tha toughest kids growin up had respect not to curse in front of adults.i see kids failing every damn class comin to school wit new sneakers every week,kids tellin adults what they not gonna do.this sh*t is crazy,and its by careful design.once that ability to discipline is takin away,u get an outta control generation who have a false sense of entitlement
One of the realest posts right here.
Props
My cousin was just saying this same thing the other day.
But you KNOW one of these weirdos are gonna challenge you though lol
 5 years ago '07        #106
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,212 | Props total: 5350 5350
 chenderson12 said:
difference between beatings and teaching a lesson... Alot people think beatings are the answer and all it will lead to is the kid getting used to it.. and no longer being scared of it which will lead to ________
a beating is a consequence of an action.u teach a kid tha responsibility of their actions at an early stage.any kid would rather go sit in a corner than they get they a.ss whooped.what do u think a kid is more likely to grow used to
 5 years ago '07        #107
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,212 | Props total: 5350 5350
 ManWithoutFear! said:
One of the realest posts right here.
Props
My cousin was just saying this same thing the other day.
But you KNOW one of these weirdos are gonna challenge you though lol
they cant challenge what i say because i work wit kids lol.they wanna talk about puttin their sissy kid in a corner lol.come to tha hood and tell a kid sit in a corner lol
 05-05-2013, 10:15 AM         #108
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
they cant challenge what i say because i work wit kids lol.they wanna talk about puttin their sissy kid in a corner lol.come to tha hood and tell a kid sit in a corner lol
Lol I swear.
At some point in time all that respect just got lost.
I still feel uncomfortable with cursing in front of my parents. Lol
 5 years ago '07        #109
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,212 | Props total: 5350 5350
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Lol I swear.
At some point in time all that respect just got lost.
I still feel uncomfortable with cursing in front of my parents. Lol
it got lost because because tha ability to discipline has been stripped away,so now kids have nothin to fear.they dont fear sittin in a corner.tha scariest words a kid could ever hear growin up was "im gonna call your mother at work".that sh*t dont work no more.ive seen a parent get upset wit a teacher for makin her come up to tha school for what she called a "minor issue"
 5 years ago '11        #110
KushGotMeFaded 
space
avatar space
space
$238 | Props total: 0 0
I used to get the sh*t kicked out of me by my father. If I mentioned some of the things he did, yall would probably call the feds. But with that being said I was a bad a.ss kid growing up and after one too many right hooks to the jaw I stopped being a lil badass bcuz I got tired of getting beat up. In my opinion it all depends on the child. I had tough skin. I took my beatings and kept it moving. If my parents tried any other way of disciplining me Im positive I would be locked up.
 5 years ago '11        #111
acclaimedknives 63 heat pts63
space
avatar space
space
$9,401 | Props total: 1024 1024
physical discipline does not guarantee respect for authority
and it creates respect for authority based on fear not on the authorities' merits

I was disciplined as a child and am not automatically scared or respectful of authority as a result
 5 years ago '11        #112
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,153 | Props total: 5337 5337
 r.burgundy said:
wrong based on what?because some lily white person chooses to put they kid on timeout,instead of whoopin a.ss,that makes it wrong lol.anybody who agrees wit non-physical discipline cant possibly deal wit any kids outside of their own

as somebody who works in tha nyc public school system,i see tha effects of no a.ss whoopings everyday.i was scared to death to curse in front of an adult as a child or pre-teen.u tell a kid to watch they mouth,a kid will look at u like your crazy.even tha toughest kids growin up had respect not to curse in front of adults.i see kids failing every damn class comin to school wit new sneakers every week,kids tellin adults what they not gonna do.this sh*t is crazy,and its by careful design.once that ability to discipline is takin away,u get an outta control generation who have a false sense of entitlement
Lol, we all keep having this same issue of a.ssumptions and us just using our small personal experience to say what's good for da next. But u really don't know why the kids in that school act the way they do. I'm truly willing to bet my next paycheck that there is way more needs not being met in their homes, and not just they need to be physically punished.

Take my cousin for example, his weeks/weekends are filled with him taking his daughter to gymnastics, his sons to basketball practice. He knows where his children are at all times and he is making sure they get the love and discipline they need. My brother handles his family in a similar way.

I can bet u that they won't have the problems from their kids that u see in the kids in that school. And neither of them are about physical punishment.

But people gonna do what they do. Just cuz u spank someone, its not gonna make them automatically respect you or other authority, nor will it automatically cause them psychological damage. And just cuz u don't spank them, it doesn't mean they will be disobedient, nor will it make them soft.

Each situation will be different, but I guess I'm just a hippy who believes that love, patience, and compassion are the best ways of reaching people.
 5 years ago '12        #113
Taste Maker 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$3,713 | Props total: 232 232
 S.TEX said:
kids need they dads in their lives not beatings.
amen
 5 years ago '07        #114
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,212 | Props total: 5350 5350
 Tony Franks said:
Lol, we all keep having this same issue of a.ssumptions and us just using our small personal experience to say what's good for da next. But u really don't know why the kids in that school act the way they do. I'm truly willing to bet my next paycheck that there is way more needs not being met in their homes, and not just they need to be physically punished.

Take my cousin for example, his weeks/weekends are filled with him taking his daughter to gymnastics, his sons to basketball practice. He knows where his children are at all times and he is making sure they get the love and discipline they need. My brother handles his family in a similar way.

I can bet u that they won't have the problems from their kids that u see in the kids in that school. And neither of them are about physical punishment.

But people gonna do what they do. Just cuz u spank someone, its not gonna make them automatically respect you or other authority, nor will it automatically cause them psychological damage. And just cuz u don't spank them, it doesn't mean they will be disobedient, nor will it make them soft.

Each situation will be different, but I guess I'm just a hippy who believes that love, patience, and compassion are the best ways of reaching people.
my sample size is pretty large.of course more needs arent bein met.it takes more than a good whoopin to make a good child,and it def takes more than a whoopin to make a good parent.but regardless of what needs arent met at home,if your kid disrespects u at home,then that is gonna carry outside tha home and into everywhere else.

when u live in surburbia,and your situation is comfy,u can afford to parent a certain way because your kids are much less likely to fall victim to certain things.but when your in an inner city enviorment,u dont have that luxury.surburbia cant tell urban parents how to parent,and thats whats really goin on here.
 05-06-2013, 12:36 PM         #115
Tha Problum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
wrong based on what?because some lily white person chooses to put they kid on timeout,instead of whoopin a.ss,that makes it wrong lol.anybody who agrees wit non-physical discipline cant possibly deal wit any kids outside of their own

as somebody who works in tha nyc public school system,i see tha effects of no a.ss whoopings everyday.i was scared to death to curse in front of an adult as a child or pre-teen.u tell a kid to watch they mouth,a kid will look at u like your crazy.even tha toughest kids growin up had respect not to curse in front of adults.i see kids failing every damn class comin to school wit new sneakers every week,kids tellin adults what they not gonna do.this sh*t is crazy,and its by careful design.once that ability to discipline is takin away,u get an outta control generation who have a false sense of entitlement
Cosign. I'm a grown man, moved out, pay for my own everything tuition included never asked my parents for a dime past 15. & To this very day I struggle to curse in front of my mom, and just use my vocabulary to swerve around it. Everyone's different and responds to things in different ways, but I know from my experiences you gotta lay down the law on some of these knuckleheads. With the appropriate level of mental and physical discipline from a parent that can be considered a role model a lot of these idiot kids wouldn't be acting the way they are.
 5 years ago '08        #116
M 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,633 | Props total: 8179 8179
Just depends on the kid, imo. I can count on one hand how many times I got slapped when I was growing up. The fear of my dad hitting me was enough for me. I raise my kids the same way, I rarely ever have to lay a hand on them.
 5 years ago '04        #117
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,229 | Props total: 4702 4702
 Tony Franks said:
All these a.ssumptions...do they come from not reading. I'm pretty sure my first posts says the opposite of me following along with what my parents said, hence always being on punishment.
Right... And you took your punishment. You put your nose in the corner. You stayed in your room. You did what you were told apparently. That's you. Kids like me didn't. We said fu*k that sh*t and tried to run our own program. My family didn't let that work out for me, and I was better for it in the end.

 Tony Franks said:
Why does a kid not respect their parent's opinion in the first place. I just can't believe that I would be in a position like that with my child. Cuz id be a good parent.
My parents were good parents and I challenged my parent's opinion, thereby disrespecting them, not because I had any intention of disrespect, but because I actually thought I knew better at times. It was not their failure at parenting, it was my tenacious nature in being a stubborn, bull headed little sh*t. Your whole outlook is predicated on your naivetť at raising children. You're a.ssuming you'll be dealing with a passive child. To each his own though, you do you. When you have kids, raise them however you want. But get off your high horse about "abusing" children, because you swat their a.ss when they let their ego override their a.ss. It is the way of the world. You pay for belligerence, on the macro as well as the micro level.

 Tony Franks said:
And if u think popping a child once to get their attention is the same as spankings or beatings then that's cool. I don't, but whatever.
Popping a child with your hand is a spanking, albeit a relatively light one. There's varying degrees of severity.
 5 years ago '04        #118
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,229 | Props total: 4702 4702
 r.burgundy said:
There's an exception to every rule. This video is more so a perfect example of why spankings are a legitimate form of discipline, than it is evidence that white people culturally don't spank their kids. However, as someone else has mentioned in this thread before, I'm from Texas... I don't know what white people do elsewhere, but around my way white kids get lit the fu*k up.
 5 years ago '04        #119
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,229 | Props total: 4702 4702
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Lol I swear.
At some point in time all that respect just got lost.
I still feel uncomfortable with cursing in front of my parents. Lol
Same here... I still don't cuss in front of my mother or my grandmother, out of pure respect.
 5 years ago '10        #120
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 277 277
I got a few spankings as a kid, but I came from a Caribbean background.

What people fail to realize with this spanking thing is, it's cultural. People need to adjust, instead of keeping it old school. I love the way I was raised, and I don't regret getting any of those spankings. At the same time, in a different culture I wouldn't spank my kids. If I was living in a different area/country/culture I probably would. But you can't do the same things everywhere
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 37
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
#bigbreasttwitter
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
The Carter III Documentary Waynes Lawyers Didn't Want Us To See! (Addiction,bi..
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside May 25 - Pablo Escobarís hitman Popeye arrested in Colombia
45 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 10
audio inside Drake - Duppy Freestyle
1352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Article inside So we gon act like Clipse manager didnt get 32 years for that Whitney?
165 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside 1st Madden 19 details revealed
80 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 7
Nicki Minaj Reveals She's Dating Eminem
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy