May 3 - No Spank You: The Harmful Impact of Physically Disciplining Your Kids

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Diddy pens letter to Pusha and Kanye proclaiming "Daytona" a CLASSIC
113 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yall seen this bi-ch fu-king yet? my word!
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Finished my 18 years of child support
173 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I will marry this woman for real.
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #61
Shhon 863 heat pts863
space
space
$19,652 | Props total: 24509 24509
 Nyse03 said:
Got my a.ss bussed and I respect my mom for doing it. I didn't like it at the time but I deserved it.
i agree
 5 years ago '04        #62
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,198 | Props total: 331 331
 S.TEX said:
Lots of these parents don't discipline their kids they just take they anger out on them, easier to hit a child who won't hit back than to hit an adult who will choke the living sh*t out of them.
 05-04-2013, 09:33 AM         #63
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 matelyan said:
Someone who wants to see their children grow up to be respectable and valued members of their community, regardless of their disciplinary methods, can never be considered a sh*tty parent. Just because your parents didn't have to hit you, doesn't negate the validity or value of our upbringings and the ways our parents disciplined us.

You're making way too many a.ssumptions and using your own personal experience as the only source of back-up for your claims on what defines a good parent.

You're not special. You just weren't hit as a child. So you can return to earth and step down from your high horse now.
It just different upbringings. Some parents get physical but they dont explain or educate the child on what they did wrong and why its wrong. I dont judge other peoples parenting styles as long as they are educating the child on why they are being punished.

bad kids can come from any type of parenting styles there is no right or wrong way to raise a child as long as you are not abusive or have a lack of effort in educating
 05-04-2013, 09:39 AM         #64
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jha84 said:
thats an ignorant a.ss comment. if you were beat out of rage then say ur parents were sh*tty parents who needed counseling. if you never got whoopings then how the hell you know what "usually" happens? kids need "spankings" good parenting has nothing to do with whether or not you spank your kids. kids need to possess a level of fear in their parents because ultimately thats where learning what an authority figure is. when u grow up and not have to worry about what the consequences are when you get home that leads to you no respecting teachers and law enforcement. ppl need to stop using the word "spanking" and "beating" interchangeably.
kids do not need to fear you they need to respect you as someone who is there to help guide them through life. kids do not "need" spankings they need to be better educated when they are being disciplined wether u are a parent who spanks or not.
 5 years ago '11        #65
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,152 | Props total: 5336 5336
 jha84 said:
thats an ignorant a.ss comment. if you were beat out of rage then say ur parents were sh*tty parents who needed counseling. if you never got whoopings then how the hell you know what "usually" happens? kids need "spankings" good parenting has nothing to do with whether or not you spank your kids. kids need to possess a level of fear in their parents because ultimately thats where learning what an authority figure is. when u grow up and not have to worry about what the consequences are when you get home that leads to you no respecting teachers and law enforcement. ppl need to stop using the word "spanking" and "beating" interchangeably.
I dont have to get a whoopin to see what other people do. Im intelligent.

And you shouldnt have to hit a child to make them afraid of you. Authority figure? Now you are just pulling bullsh*t out your a.ss. fu*k authority, raise a child to do whats smart and best for them, not follow behind some fake a.ss leader.
 5 years ago '06        #66
illstate11 
space
space
$2,227 | Props total: 90 90
That article has some pedophile wording. Soundin like jimmy darmodys mom yappin bout how much a kid should be loved
 5 years ago '08        #67
GoldBluded 572 heat pts572
space
space
$19,348 | Props total: 27498 27498
i remember going to jamaica to see my uncle (Rip ) for a vacation i was about 9 or 10. I get there thinking i could chill bc its summer time no more whoopings from ma and im in jamaica to feel alright but nope my famz send me to school . A lil mad but its just school so i get in class everyone has a uniform i get my uniform so im like w/e...

10 minutes in half of the class is getting they a.ss whooped for failing a test. i said a wha dis By the end of the day i call my mom crying telling her i want to go back home She said and hung up. But ill tell you this i didnt fail one test
 5 years ago '08        #68
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,592 | Props total: 1394 1394
LOL at whooping keeping n*ggas out of jail. Bullsh*t. Majority of goons I know had mothers/grandparents that would whoop them at the drop of a hat.
 5 years ago '09        #69
420Sosa 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,344 | Props total: 928 928
I'm sick of black folks talking about this is how we discipline our kids, people don't realize how psychologically impactful whoopings/spankings are. Black folks got used to this sh*t during slavery and it was ingrained in our conscious of "how to discipline" is to only whoop/spank/beat them. People don't realize how often they beat their kids is related directly to stress, why the fu*k would you beat a kid who only been in this world for less than 10 yrs? Guide them, that's the main duty of a parent is to GUIDE that child, not to discipline them per se.

You can easily get under a child's skin and teach them without causing harm and pain to them. By the way a 2 parent (biological mother/father) household is the best way to raise a child because the parents' genes/ways are combined in that child. With that said both parents can work together to help that child in the life they gave em... The simplest sh*t seems to be the furthest from the minds of people today.

P.S. I dare anyone who whoops their child to stick around and see that child's pain, the same pain they caused.

SN: If a child gets outta hand when they are 13 and older then you can use physical discipline on them.
 5 years ago '11        #70
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
 Mr. K said:
i remember going to jamaica to see my uncle (Rip ) for a vacation i was about 9 or 10. I get there thinking i could chill bc its summer time no more whoopings from ma and im in jamaica to feel alright but nope my famz send me to school . A lil mad but its just school so i get in class everyone has a uniform i get my uniform so im like w/e...

10 minutes in half of the class is getting they a.ss whooped for failing a test. i said a wha dis By the end of the day i call my mom crying telling her i want to go back home She said and hung up. But ill tell you this i didnt fail one test
lol, dam man thats wild. That could really be a movie.
 5 years ago '11        #71
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
 420Sosa said:
I'm sick of black folks talking about this is how we discipline our kids, people don't realize how psychologically impactful whoopings/spankings are. Black folks got used to this sh*t during slavery and it was ingrained in our conscious of "how to discipline" is to only whoop/spank/beat them. People don't realize how often they beat their kids is related directly to stress, why the fu*k would you beat a kid who only been in this world for less than 10 yrs? Guide them, that's the main duty of a parent is to GUIDE that child, not to discipline them per se.

You can easily get under a child's skin and teach them without causing harm and pain to them. By the way a 2 parent (biological mother/father) household is the best way to raise a child because the parents' genes/ways are combined in that child. With that said both parents can work together to help that child in the life they gave em... The simplest sh*t seems to be the furthest from the minds of people today.

P.S. I dare anyone who whoops their child to stick around and see that child's pain, the same pain they caused.

SN: If a child gets outta hand when they are 13 and older then you can use physical discipline on them.
I agree with your post, but im not sure about the last statement. But i guess at least they old enough to f!ght back.
 5 years ago '11        #72
Ant O 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,922 | Props total: 7621 7621
A child is gonna turn out how they turn out....in my case I got beat and I turned out ok

My cousin got jus as many beating as I did and he finishing up a bid for strong armed robbery.

I know ppl that didn't get beat and turned into some sh*tty human beings and vice versa

It all depends on the parent, i had parents.

Now-a-days ppl want to be thier childs friend and sh*t......fu*k all that
 5 years ago '11        #73
Ant O 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,922 | Props total: 7621 7621
 Chris daRealist said:
Dam near all the fu*ked up adults and people in prison right now were spanked when they were kids. It doesn't work.
I'm living proof that it does
 5 years ago '04        #74
cuzjuan 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,644 | Props total: 997 997
i got beat and here i am in boxden to talk to all of yall.....
 05-04-2013, 11:55 AM         #75
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whoopings don't work
 05-04-2013, 12:33 PM         #76
factorx3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ass whoppings work. End of story. You don't need abusive everyday a.ss whoopings but for bigger situations that happen, kids need a.ss whoopings.
 5 years ago '04        #77
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,846 | Props total: 2042 2042
2pair of jeans after myvpop as whooped me.. and I'm fine
 5 years ago '10        #78
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$50,419 | Props total: 14672 14672
 Mr. K said:

Good sh*t fam

The Fifth KD said:
LOL at whooping keeping n*ggas out of jail. Bullsh*t. Majority of goons I know had mothers/grandparents that would whoop them at the drop of a hat.
 Ant O said:
A child is gonna turn out how they turn out....in my case I got beat and I turned out ok

My cousin got jus as many beating as I did and he finishing up a bid for strong armed robbery.

I know ppl that didn't get beat and turned into some sh*tty human beings and vice versa

It all depends on the parent, i had parents.

Now-a-days ppl want to be thier childs friend and sh*t......fu*k all that
Beating a child @ the the drop of a hat indicates that there were no talks about what they did wrong and why they are getting punished. And that is also abuse.

Its a BIG difference between a whooping/spanking and abuse. Good parents know that.
 5 years ago '10        #79
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$50,419 | Props total: 14672 14672
 JeeQ said:
thats gonna either get ignored or go way over ppl's head
 5 years ago '12        #80
Yano 1 heat pts
space
space
$919 | Props total: 630 630
 FeedTheBeast said:

Someone with wisdom is a rarity around here......props to you sir.

I agree with the premise of your post but not totally if that makes any sense. I punish AND reward my kids. Good grades and behavior and I give him a little sumthin or I do sumthin for him. Nothing too outlandish. For instance if he asks to go see a movie I tell him I wanna see his report card first. If its good then we go that weekend. If not......no movies AND punishment. I never had to whoop my son for his grades becuz he makes A-B honor roll consistently had a few C's which I don't accept in my house. But when he fu*ks up in other areas...that belt will start swinging with bad intentions. He decided earlier this year that him and his buddies were gonna be class clowns and disrespect the teacher. Needless to say I put fire on dat a.ss......no mo problems with that.

But he has chores and responsibilities that I refuse to give him a dime for. Homework?? Taking out the trash?? Cleaning your room?? That's what you are supposed to do.

But you do get rewarded in life for achievements. At least in a perfect world you should so I try to instill in him that if you work hard and handle business then you get what you want. It's called fruits of labor. And if you slack and don't you don't get sh*t but pain and stress.

So I have a 3 pronged approach.

Responsibilities= do it or suffer the consequences no rewards
Overachieving= rewards and privileges
Underachieving/bad behavior=punishment and/or a.ss whooping

I also have a 3 year old daughter........she gets a little pop too when she acts out. But at that age you have to communicate and be a teacher all day non stop. So I have more patience and tolerance with her becuz she is just a baby and im trying to teach her. But once she gets older??? I hope I don't have to put these hands on her but I will no hesitation.

Great post.
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside Cable customer forced oral sex on repairman:
121 comments
18 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside You like t**ties? You'll like these ones... MILFY
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA GS fans, how worried are you?
122 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This guy slaps your girls ass... wyd
105 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Amber rose slept with 21 savage best friend
192 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
6ix9ine is dropping his new hit song "Tati" this Sunday
55 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside May 23 - tough on crime republican state representative cries when caug..
66 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jas Prince got Cuban links for da feets
24 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy