May 3 - No Spank You: The Harmful Impact of Physically Disciplining Your Kids

most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #61
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
lol white people wrote this article.

white people don't beat their kids. i be seein white kids act hella disrespectful in front of their parents and i be like if i did any of that sh*t round my mom she'd fu*kin' roundhouse kick me if she could.

ppl raise their kids in different ways. i know i got hella a.ss whoopings but it didn't impact me negatively because it never turned into ABUSE. that's the difference.
 5 years ago '10        #62
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,284 | Props total: 23793 23793
 Nyse03 said:
Got my a.ss bussed and I respect my mom for doing it. I didn't like it at the time but I deserved it.
i agree
 5 years ago '04        #63
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
 S.TEX said:
Lots of these parents don't discipline their kids they just take they anger out on them, easier to hit a child who won't hit back than to hit an adult who will choke the living sh*t out of them.
 05-04-2013, 10:33 AM         #64
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 matelyan said:
Someone who wants to see their children grow up to be respectable and valued members of their community, regardless of their disciplinary methods, can never be considered a sh*tty parent. Just because your parents didn't have to hit you, doesn't negate the validity or value of our upbringings and the ways our parents disciplined us.

You're making way too many a.ssumptions and using your own personal experience as the only source of back-up for your claims on what defines a good parent.

You're not special. You just weren't hit as a child. So you can return to earth and step down from your high horse now.
It just different upbringings. Some parents get physical but they dont explain or educate the child on what they did wrong and why its wrong. I dont judge other peoples parenting styles as long as they are educating the child on why they are being punished.

bad kids can come from any type of parenting styles there is no right or wrong way to raise a child as long as you are not abusive or have a lack of effort in educating
 05-04-2013, 10:39 AM         #65
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jha84 said:
thats an ignorant a.ss comment. if you were beat out of rage then say ur parents were sh*tty parents who needed counseling. if you never got whoopings then how the hell you know what "usually" happens? kids need "spankings" good parenting has nothing to do with whether or not you spank your kids. kids need to possess a level of fear in their parents because ultimately thats where learning what an authority figure is. when u grow up and not have to worry about what the consequences are when you get home that leads to you no respecting teachers and law enforcement. ppl need to stop using the word "spanking" and "beating" interchangeably.
kids do not need to fear you they need to respect you as someone who is there to help guide them through life. kids do not "need" spankings they need to be better educated when they are being disciplined wether u are a parent who spanks or not.
 5 years ago '11        #66
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,397 | Props total: 3869 3869
 jha84 said:
thats an ignorant a.ss comment. if you were beat out of rage then say ur parents were sh*tty parents who needed counseling. if you never got whoopings then how the hell you know what "usually" happens? kids need "spankings" good parenting has nothing to do with whether or not you spank your kids. kids need to possess a level of fear in their parents because ultimately thats where learning what an authority figure is. when u grow up and not have to worry about what the consequences are when you get home that leads to you no respecting teachers and law enforcement. ppl need to stop using the word "spanking" and "beating" interchangeably.
I dont have to get a whoopin to see what other people do. Im intelligent.

And you shouldnt have to hit a child to make them afraid of you. Authority figure? Now you are just pulling bullsh*t out your a.ss. fu*k authority, raise a child to do whats smart and best for them, not follow behind some fake a.ss leader.
 5 years ago '06        #67
illstate11 
space
space
$2,223 | Props total: 86 86
That article has some pedophile wording. Soundin like jimmy darmodys mom yappin bout how much a kid should be loved
 5 years ago '08        #68
GoldBluded 536 heat pts536
space
space
$17,869 | Props total: 22585 22585
i remember going to jamaica to see my uncle (Rip ) for a vacation i was about 9 or 10. I get there thinking i could chill bc its summer time no more whoopings from ma and im in jamaica to feel alright but nope my famz send me to school . A lil mad but its just school so i get in class everyone has a uniform i get my uniform so im like w/e...

10 minutes in half of the class is getting they a.ss whooped for failing a test. i said a wha dis By the end of the day i call my mom crying telling her i want to go back home She said and hung up. But ill tell you this i didnt fail one test
 5 years ago '08        #69
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,479 | Props total: 1271 1271
LOL at whooping keeping n*ggas out of jail. Bullsh*t. Majority of goons I know had mothers/grandparents that would whoop them at the drop of a hat.
 5 years ago '09        #70
420Sosa 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,337 | Props total: 922 922
I'm sick of black folks talking about this is how we discipline our kids, people don't realize how psychologically impactful whoopings/spankings are. Black folks got used to this sh*t during slavery and it was ingrained in our conscious of "how to discipline" is to only whoop/spank/beat them. People don't realize how often they beat their kids is related directly to stress, why the fu*k would you beat a kid who only been in this world for less than 10 yrs? Guide them, that's the main duty of a parent is to GUIDE that child, not to discipline them per se.

You can easily get under a child's skin and teach them without causing harm and pain to them. By the way a 2 parent (biological mother/father) household is the best way to raise a child because the parents' genes/ways are combined in that child. With that said both parents can work together to help that child in the life they gave em... The simplest sh*t seems to be the furthest from the minds of people today.

P.S. I dare anyone who whoops their child to stick around and see that child's pain, the same pain they caused.

SN: If a child gets outta hand when they are 13 and older then you can use physical discipline on them.
 5 years ago '11        #71
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
 Mr. K said:
i remember going to jamaica to see my uncle (Rip ) for a vacation i was about 9 or 10. I get there thinking i could chill bc its summer time no more whoopings from ma and im in jamaica to feel alright but nope my famz send me to school . A lil mad but its just school so i get in class everyone has a uniform i get my uniform so im like w/e...

10 minutes in half of the class is getting they a.ss whooped for failing a test. i said a wha dis By the end of the day i call my mom crying telling her i want to go back home She said and hung up. But ill tell you this i didnt fail one test
lol, dam man thats wild. That could really be a movie.
 5 years ago '11        #72
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
 420Sosa said:
I'm sick of black folks talking about this is how we discipline our kids, people don't realize how psychologically impactful whoopings/spankings are. Black folks got used to this sh*t during slavery and it was ingrained in our conscious of "how to discipline" is to only whoop/spank/beat them. People don't realize how often they beat their kids is related directly to stress, why the fu*k would you beat a kid who only been in this world for less than 10 yrs? Guide them, that's the main duty of a parent is to GUIDE that child, not to discipline them per se.

You can easily get under a child's skin and teach them without causing harm and pain to them. By the way a 2 parent (biological mother/father) household is the best way to raise a child because the parents' genes/ways are combined in that child. With that said both parents can work together to help that child in the life they gave em... The simplest sh*t seems to be the furthest from the minds of people today.

P.S. I dare anyone who whoops their child to stick around and see that child's pain, the same pain they caused.

SN: If a child gets outta hand when they are 13 and older then you can use physical discipline on them.
I agree with your post, but im not sure about the last statement. But i guess at least they old enough to f!ght back.
 5 years ago '11        #73
Ant O 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,874 | Props total: 5221 5221
A child is gonna turn out how they turn out....in my case I got beat and I turned out ok

My cousin got jus as many beating as I did and he finishing up a bid for strong armed robbery.

I know ppl that didn't get beat and turned into some sh*tty human beings and vice versa

It all depends on the parent, i had parents.

Now-a-days ppl want to be thier childs friend and sh*t......fu*k all that
 5 years ago '11        #74
Ant O 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,874 | Props total: 5221 5221
 Chris daRealist said:
Dam near all the fu*ked up adults and people in prison right now were spanked when they were kids. It doesn't work.
I'm living proof that it does
 5 years ago '04        #75
cuzjuan 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,166 | Props total: 545 545
i got beat and here i am in boxden to talk to all of yall.....
 05-04-2013, 12:55 PM         #76
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whoopings don't work
 05-04-2013, 01:33 PM         #77
factorx3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ass whoppings work. End of story. You don't need abusive everyday a.ss whoopings but for bigger situations that happen, kids need a.ss whoopings.
 5 years ago '04        #78
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,451 | Props total: 1446 1446
2pair of jeans after myvpop as whooped me.. and I'm fine
 5 years ago '10        #79
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,866 | Props total: 13662 13662
 Mr. K said:

Good sh*t fam

The Fifth KD said:
LOL at whooping keeping n*ggas out of jail. Bullsh*t. Majority of goons I know had mothers/grandparents that would whoop them at the drop of a hat.
 Ant O said:
A child is gonna turn out how they turn out....in my case I got beat and I turned out ok

My cousin got jus as many beating as I did and he finishing up a bid for strong armed robbery.

I know ppl that didn't get beat and turned into some sh*tty human beings and vice versa

It all depends on the parent, i had parents.

Now-a-days ppl want to be thier childs friend and sh*t......fu*k all that
Beating a child @ the the drop of a hat indicates that there were no talks about what they did wrong and why they are getting punished. And that is also abuse.

Its a BIG difference between a whooping/spanking and abuse. Good parents know that.
 5 years ago '10        #80
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,866 | Props total: 13662 13662
 JeeQ said:
thats gonna either get ignored or go way over ppl's head
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
275 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
19 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
56 comments
1 day ago