Activision talks COD: Ghosts 'Destructible Enviroments in MP, & traps"

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
20 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
7483 pageviews
35 comments

Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Activision talks COD: Ghosts 'Destructible Enviroments in MP, & traps"

Call Of Duty: Ghosts has been teased over the past week, whether it's from Activision's own (obvious) teaser site or the numerous leaks from retailers.

Well now it's official, and alongside the announcement of Call Of Duty: Ghosts is a number of details surrounding both single-player and multiplayer.

Asda revealed its pre-orders for Call Of Duty: Ghosts, adding with it a number of details about the game.

Such as the fact that single-player will take place in the future but still make use of current technology and weapons due to a "major plot event".

Single-player will also include more destuctible environments, though it wasn't specified quite how dynamic this is.

Multiplayer had a few details too, suggesting that the maps in Call Of Duty: Ghosts will be much more interactive and include various traps.

It's an element that has featured in many of Treyarch's multiplayer maps, but something that has proved divisive with Call Of Duty gamers.

Call Of Duty: Ghosts's release date is 5 November 2013 worldwide and will launch for Xbox 360 and PS3.

UPDATE: Late to its own party, Activision has now officially revealed Call Of Duty: Ghosts.

Activision has released a press release (after we received news of it from Asda, of all places) detailing some of the game in more clarity.

Call Of Duty: Ghosts will be built on an new "next gen" Call Of Duty engine and is developed by Infinity Ward.

Call Of Duty: Ghosts will be released on PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and next gen consoles, Activision confirmed.

Activision also revealed that a first look at the game will be seen at the next Xbox reveal event - which it referred to as Xbox: The New Generation Revealed.

This event is on the 21 May 2013.

“Everyone was expecting us to make Modern Warfare 4, which would have been the safe thing to do. But we're not resting on our laurels,”

“We saw the console transition as the perfect opportunity to start a new chapter for Call of Duty. So we're building a new sub-brand, a new engine, and a lot of new ideas and experiences for our players. We can't wait to share them with our community.

"Infinity Ward is going all-in to create the next generation of Call of Duty worthy of the world’s greatest fans."

said Mark Rubin, executive producer of developer Infinity Ward.

None of the features suggested by Asda were mentioned in Activision's press release, so we will have to wait until the Next Xbox reveal event to find out more.

visit this link Source

35 comments for "Activision talks COD: Ghosts 'Destructible Enviroments in MP, & traps""

5 years ago '05        #2
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$13,478 | Props total: 2826 2826
destructible environments made me think of Battlefield.... But if it's only limited to SP, I'm cool.

Keep that sh*t away from MP
 5 years ago '07        #3
ShintaX 93 heat pts93
space
space
$1,546 | Props total: 233 233

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #4
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
I'm all for destructible environments in multiplayer.

If I shoot a RPG at someones weak cover behind a barrel, that barrel should be blown to bits along with my enemy. That's not necessarily biting Battlefield, that's just plain physics.

I think MP map's landscape should change drastically when explosions and crap are being detonated.

InfinityWard should do all they can to spice up the gameplay. I liked the "Pick 10" System in BlackOps2, so COD:Ghosts has to deliver something else that shakes it up a bit.
 5 years ago '09        #5
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,908 | Props total: 838 838
So this is call of duty battlefield?
 5 years ago '04        #6
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
 Oh Finesse said:
unless I'm missing something there's no specifics about destructibility in MP

but even if it was that's not COD's lane, it's gonna take more than destructible environments to win back anybody who doesn't fit into the casual cod crowd. I don't see MP changing much, they have a cash cow and they're gonna milk it, they're not gonna give it a full blown makeover.
Well the official term used is "interactive maps in Multiplayer" but interactive is another way of saying destructible...or at last pieces falling off it...
 5 years ago '06        #7
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
Destructible Enviroments in MP these bi*ches wanna be battlefield so bad lol
 5 years ago '10        #8
WhoNextWithPlex 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,832 | Props total: 5997 5997
 McmasterlockPt2 said:
So this is call of duty battlefield?
battlefield didnt invent destructible environments. environments destruct during realistic warfare. therefore its implemented into battlefield because its a realistic shooter
 5 years ago '04        #9
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
No destructible environments -- "CoD is so fake! It's the same sh-t every year, this is BS!"

New destructible environments -- "CoD is so unoriginal! Stop trying to be Battlefield!"

Y'all k!ll me
 5 years ago '04        #10
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,673 | Props total: 6808 6808
 RYLNYC said:
No destructible environments -- "CoD is so fake! It's the same sh-t every year, this is BS!"

New destructible environments -- "CoD is so unoriginal! Stop trying to be Battlefield!"

Y'all k!ll me
My exact thoughts. CoD has needed this for sometime, and by doing so still makes it NOTHING like the BF series. Its pretty lame cars are really the only thing that can't be blown up in CoD. I doubt they'll take it as far as taking out buildings (read sniper nests) like in BF3
 5 years ago '04        #11
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,852 | Props total: 1996 1996
at ppl 1st time playing destructed environments was in battlefield
 5 years ago '11        #12
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,323 | Props total: 8451 8451
Article clearly states they are just for single player.

lrn2skool kids
 5 years ago '09        #13
Mahaat 129 heat pts129
space
space
$11,384 | Props total: 1769 1769
 RYLNYC said:

Y'all k!ll me
This. Cant please everybody
 5 years ago '06        #14
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,604 | Props total: 8868 8868
LMAO @ n*ggaS NOT READING

SAID SINGLE PLAYERS

AND 2ND LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRAPS? HOLY fu*k! ARE YOU SERIOUS YOU GOT MOTHER fu*kERS CAMPING AND sh*t BUT YALL GONNA HAVE TRAPS NOW COT DAMNNNNNNNN
 5 years ago '09        #15
Final Boss 184 heat pts184
space
space
$7,130 | Props total: 315 315
the problem is cod maps are so small, with destructability it will turn into minecraft with no blocks
 5 years ago '04        #16
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
 PotheadFocker said:
Article clearly states they are just for single player.

lrn2skool kids
 Special Edd said:
LMAO @ n*ggaS NOT READING

SAID SINGLE PLAYERS

AND 2ND LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRAPS? HOLY fu*k! ARE YOU SERIOUS YOU GOT MOTHER fu*kERS CAMPING AND sh*t BUT YALL GONNA HAVE TRAPS NOW COT DAMNNNNNNNN
it says INTERACTIVE Backgrounds...that means they can be destructed...
 5 years ago '11        #17
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,323 | Props total: 8451 8451
 Da Ill One said:
But it doesn't say MP is destructable at all.... it clearly starts a new sentence saying "interactive" which could mean you can open doors or use turrets

Anyways idgaf because they not getting me for 60 again. I'd rather buy a bag o weed and go for a nature hike than get sucked into another COD
 5 years ago '07        #18
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
space
$22,656 | Props total: 17902 17902
 Da Ill One said:
really now?
 5 years ago '06        #19
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
space
space
space
$4,864 | Props total: 96 96
 PotheadFocker said:
But it doesn't say MP is destructable at all.... it clearly starts a new sentence saying "interactive" which could mean you can open doors or use turrets

Anyways idgaf because they not getting me for 60 again. I'd rather buy a bag o weed and go for a nature hike than get sucked into another COD
join tha darkside, my friend
 5 years ago '08        #20
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 Final Boss said:
the problem is cod maps are so small, with destructability it will turn into minecraft with no blocks
this. probably why it wont be in MP.

can you imagine the ONE building in a CoD map collapsing?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now