May 2 - 33 San Diego high school students suspended for making a "twerking" video

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
84 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
142 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
6630 pageviews
47 comments

ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
May 2 - 33 San Diego high school students suspended for making a "twerking" video

Dozens of San Diego area high school students have been suspended and banned from prom or commencement because of a twerking video according to one parent.
The video, created recently by students in a media class at Scripps Ranch High School, shows teenaged girls twerking while doing handstands to a YG song.
Thirty-two students danced and one student used school property to videotape the group outside class during 6th period.
Later, the student used school editing equipment to add music and post the clip to YouTube.
As a result, all 33 students were suspended as of Tuesday through the end of the week the parent told NBC 7.
For those unfamiliar with the trend, twerking involves popping of the hips in a suggestive dance move. Singer Miley Cyrus recently posted a twerking video and talked about the move with Ryan Seacrest.
San Diego Unified School District spokesperson Jack Brandais refused to comment on the suspension saying the district will not discuss student discipline.
Brandais forwarded the specific section of the district website regarding the suspension appeal process.
One Scripps Ranch HS student posted an update via Twitter, “Suspended, banned from prom, and prevented from walking at graduation all because of an awesome twerk video. I don't understand.”
NBC 7 San Diego spoke to one of the teenagers disciplined because of the video and he told us that may not be the case.
“The seniors involved are on senior review and have to ask for their prom and graduation back in front of a panel,” the teenager told NBC 7.
On Tuesday, another student posted on Twitter, "To show support for everybody getting suspended, we should all twerk at once at lunch #freethetwerkteam."
The Scripps Ranch HS student handbook specifically outlines its s3xual harassment policy prohibiting “verbal, visual, or physical conduct of a s3xual nature made by someone from or in the educational setting.”
Students must sign a page in the handbook that states: “At Scripps Ranch High school there is zero tolerance for students who cause major disruptions at school or school activities. Any student who causes a major disruption will receive a five (5) day suspension, a possible new school placement and may be arrested.”
Seniors may be denied attendance at prom or walking at graduation if they have committed a “zero tolerance infraction” the guide states.
The parent who spoke with NBC 7 San Diego felt the school was not uniform in handing out punishment.
The mother said the school should have used this as a teaching moment to remind students that when a person is videotaped, he/she never knows where it’s going to go.
Ed. Note: An earlier version of this article incorrectly identified the students involved as members of the school's journalism class. We regret the error.

Source: visit this link Scripps Ranch Students Suspended Over Twerking Video | NBC 7 San Diego

imageimageimageimageimage

Last edited by ChevyBrah; 05-02-2013 at 09:40 AM..

47 comments for "May 2 - 33 San Diego high school students suspended for making a "twerking" video"

5 years ago '05        #2
ogballer32 401 heat pts401
space
space
$4,979 | Props total: 2550 2550
let them hoes twerk
 05-02-2013, 01:44 PM         #3
choong 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For those unfamiliar with the trend, twerking involves popping of the hips in a suggestive dance move. Singer Miley Cyrus recently posted a twerking video and talked about the move with Ryan Seacrest.
Correct me if i am wrong, women were shaking their a.sses in rap videos before miley was even born?
 05-02-2013, 01:51 PM         #4
Tha Problum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so, where's the video?
 5 years ago '05        #5
ogballer32 401 heat pts401
space
space
$4,979 | Props total: 2550 2550
here's the video

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #6
wiitPanther 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,770 | Props total: 633 633
damn i used to work by this high school. bunch of the kids came into the restaurant i worked in
 05-02-2013, 03:47 PM         #7
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ogballer32 said:
here's the video

They got suspended for something they're terrible at?
 5 years ago '06        #8
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,892 | Props total: 25681 25681
Lmao imma watch bit in a minute I might have to take this hour drive down to SD and see whats going on.
 05-02-2013, 03:58 PM         #9
the player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bet none of em even had a.ss
these chicks doin sh*t wrong...

#freethetwerkteam
 05-02-2013, 04:07 PM         #10
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ogballer32 said:
here's the video

wtf
 5 years ago '09        #11
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,195 | Props total: 3073 3073
#inb4zensaysitscute.
 5 years ago '06        #12
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,366 | Props total: 4639 4639
 Matt504 said:
this n*gga ain't do sh*t except pose in every scene like he's taking a picture.

I'd be PISSED if I got suspended for that wack a.ss sh*t, them young hoes were demonstrating some of the worst twerking I've ever seen.

and i would do the same in that exact situation. just what n*ggas do
 5 years ago '06        #13
O-King 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,458 | Props total: 77 77
 the player said:
bet none of em even had a.ss
these chicks doin sh*t wrong...

#freethetwerkteam
i didnt see vid but id prefer to watch full grown adult women twerk then undeveloped Children.
 05-03-2013, 12:13 AM         #14
illmatix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wiitPanther said:
damn i used to work by this high school. bunch of the kids came into the restaurant i worked in
did you work at the Chuck E Cheese?
 5 years ago '06        #15
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 5 years ago '05        #16
Panopticon 42 heat pts42
space
space
$23,924 | Props total: 11287 11287

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #17
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,866 | Props total: 13661 13661
sluthoe era

O-King said:
i didnt see vid but id prefer to watch full grown adult women twerk then undeveloped Children.
word, not even tryna watch it

snippet said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #18
Adewale 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,422 | Props total: 1379 1379
 snippet said:

[pic - click to view]

lmao I'm dying
 5 years ago '04        #19
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,107 | Props total: 1360 1360
maybe it's more so based on the fact they used school equipment to do it.

being banned from walking across the stage is way too much. if you want to suspend me, fine. stop me from going to prom....not cool, but i'll deal with it. but graduation...fu*k that.
 5 years ago '12        #20
bkkid92 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,427 | Props total: 4062 4062
why would you use school equipment? That's begging to get caught
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
152 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy