May 1 - Florida Teen Girl Charged With Felony After Science Experiement Goes Bad

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
38 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-01-2013, 12:02 PM         #1
11065 pageviews
155 comments

Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 1 - Florida Teen Girl Charged With Felony After Science Experiement Goes Bad

Kiera Wilmot got good grades and had a perfect behavior record. She wasn't the kind of kid you'd expect to find hauled away in handcuffs and expelled from school, but that's exactly what happened after an attempt at a science project went horribly wrong.

On 7 a.m. on Monday, the 16 year-old mixed some common household chemicals in a small 8 oz water bottle on the grounds of Bartow High School in Bartow, Florida. The reaction caused a small explosion that caused the top to pop up and produced some smoke. No one was hurt and no damage was caused.

According to WTSP, Wilmot told police that she was merely conducting a science experiment. Though her teachers knew nothing of the specific project, her principal seems to agree.

"She made a bad choice. Honestly, I don't think she meant to ever hurt anyone," principal Ron Pritchard told the station. "She wanted to see what would happen [when the chemicals mixed] and was shocked by what it did. Her mother is shocked, too."

After the explosion Wilmot was taken into custody by a school resources officer and charged with possession/discharge of a weapon on school grounds and discharging a destructive device. She will be tried as an adult.

She was then taken to a juvenile a.ssessment center. She was also expelled from school and will be forced to complete her diploma through an expulsion program.

Polk County School released the following statement:

"Anytime a student makes a bad choice it is disappointing to us. Unfortunately, the incident that occurred at Bartow High School yesterday was a serious breach of conduct. In order to maintain a safe and orderly learning environment, we simply must uphold our code of conduct rules. We urge our parents to join us in conveying the message that there are consequences to actions. We will not compromise the safety and security of our students and staff."
So, sorry kids. Don't try any extracurricular science projects on school grounds, especially if they could result in anything resembling an explosion.
visit this link Florida Teen Girl Charged With Felony After Science Experiment Goes Bad - Miami - News - Riptide 2.0

This is some straight up bullsh-t. Ruin a girls future over her attempting to do some science. If there was ever a story that deserved the gif this is the one

155 comments for "May 1 - Florida Teen Girl Charged With Felony After Science Experiement Goes Bad"

5 years ago '04        #2
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
That is fu*ked up that they are attempting to throw the book at her.
 05-01-2013, 12:10 PM         #3
CS35  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If it wasnt a.ssigned wtf was doin it for? And bringin it to class? Coulda gave her a detention or a couple days suspended but with all the crazy sh*t going on in this country it doesnt surprise me at all. Prob on the govt terrorist list now
 05-01-2013, 12:15 PM         #4
Throbbin' Thicke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 corys35 said:
If it wasnt a.ssigned wtf was doin it for? And bringin it to class? Coulda gave her a detention or a couple days suspended but with all the crazy sh*t going on in this country it doesnt surprise me at all. Prob on the govt terrorist list now
I definitely think she should face some kind of punishment. She couldve hurt herself, someone else and caused damage. Suspension and detention but expulsion and being charged with a felony. Thats pushing it over the top. She's only 16 and has her whole life in front of her and shouldnt have to have all of that torn away because of one mistake. She's a child and children make mistakes in HS
 05-01-2013, 12:17 PM         #5
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Florida... The land of stupid.

Honestly, was that necessary? I know she made a bad choice, but punishing her severely to the point of destroying her life because she wanted to challenge her mind its just utter ridiculous. If the school really gave a fu*k about its students, they should be throwing in jail all these littles.luts that are running around sucking anybody's d!ck, getting fu*k up on alcohol or drugs, that are stealing and get into meaningless f!ghts because of no reason. That's the muthafu*kas that should be in jail since most of them will end up with a felony and in prison. But her? I mean, I know Florida is racist and slow, but this sh*t is ridiculous.
 5 years ago '04        #6
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
Does anyone think the punishment would of been different had it been a female of a different ethnicity?

Trying her as an adult and booking her on felony charges seems way to harsh given the circumstances. Punish her for making a stupid mistake. But don't ruin her life.
 05-01-2013, 12:38 PM         #7
Throbbin' Thicke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 matelyan said:
Does anyone think the punishment would of been different had it been a female of a different ethnicity?

Trying her as an adult and booking her on felony charges seems way to harsh given the circumstances. Punish her for making a stupid mistake. But don't ruin her life.
I think it played a part in it honestly.
 5 years ago '04        #8
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Avitos Way said:
I think it played a part in it honestly.
I concur. How do you go from good grades and no behavioral issues to FELON
 5 years ago '08        #9
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,057 | Props total: 4833 4833
After the explosion Wilmot was taken into custody by a school resources officer and charged with possession/discharge of a weapon on school grounds and discharging a destructive device. She will be tried as an adult.

She was then taken to a juvenile a.ssessment center. She was also expelled from school and will be forced to complete her diploma through an expulsion program.
Gawwwwwwwwd DAYUM!
 05-01-2013, 01:06 PM         #10
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 matelyan said:

It's Florida so best believe it played a HUGE role in getting her fu*k over. A little ****** girl that believes in science? Nope can't have that says the state of Florida. That's just as dangerous as her having the right to vote and prosper in life and remember, it's Florida, so science is an evil non sense from the liberal communist party says the Florida lawmakers. Point being is, yes, being a smart black girl was two big a.ss factors and threat to everything they believe.

Where the fu*k is the media defending this girl?
 5 years ago '04        #11
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
 bigbarcelona said:
Florida... The land of stupid.

Honestly, was that necessary? I know she made a bad choice, but punishing her severely to the point of destroying her life because she wanted to challenge her mind its just utter ridiculous. If the school really gave a fu*k about its students, they should be throwing in jail all these littles.luts that are running around sucking anybody's d!ck, getting fu*k up on alcohol or drugs, that are stealing and get into meaningless f!ghts because of no reason. That's the muthafu*kas that should be in jail since most of them will end up with a felony and in prison. But her? I mean, I know Florida is racist and slow, but this sh*t is ridiculous.
 5 years ago '05        #12
Rockstar718 69 heat pts69
space
space
$10,837 | Props total: 9771 9771
16 with a criminal record and a GED

"Welcome to McDonalds, would you like fries with that?"

thanks florida for limiting another youth future
 5 years ago '04        #13
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,834 | Props total: 2001 2001
That's fu*ked up how they're charging her as a felon but what kinda dumbass just mixes random household chemicals

What a fu*kin moron.
 5 years ago '11        #14
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,747 | Props total: 4945 4945
This is how you stop Minorities from future success ... Criminalize them YOUNG ..
 5 years ago '07        #15
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,955 | Props total: 5869 5869
fu*ked up on soooo many levels..makes me not even want to go to Fla. How u ruin the life of this intelligent young sister like that? All she was doing was practicing science..have a heart Florida
 5 years ago '06        #16
G2MC 35 heat pts35
space
space
$3,382 | Props total: 989 989
I love the fact that I'm less than a mile away from that school and I'm just hearing about this on Boxden.

Seriously though, this is fu*king stupid. Does she deserve to be reprimanded? Of course. But does she deserve it to the extent in which the authorities are taking it? HELL fu*kING NO.
 5 years ago '09        #17
LOONATIK 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,149 | Props total: 472 472
The system hard at work.
 05-01-2013, 07:17 PM         #18
CS35  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A lawyer gonna get it dropped she wont end up with a felony prob no charges at all. She will get court supervision and it wont be on her adult record. Still bs either way to have to deal with all that
 05-01-2013, 08:09 PM         #19
the player  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
really no bugs gif?
 05-01-2013, 10:28 PM         #20
Throbbin' Thicke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TB said:
It took too long BX you slippin
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
78 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
53 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
114 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
255 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago