Washington Redskins have a new name?

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
238 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #101
Sin1885 
space
space
$1,222 | Props total: 23 23
Nope... wont happen
 5 years ago '07        #102
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,623 | Props total: 3265 3265
 M said:
which has nothing to do with the sh*t you said towards me, THAT argument I could easily "win"

I'm not trying to "win" the other argument (that's why I said I wasn't getting into it again), IMO the name is racist as fu*k, but I'm not gonna sit here trying to change your mind.
I'd rather stick to facts instead of your opinion. I couldn't care less about your opinion on this matter
 05-02-2013, 10:44 AM         #103
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AnyGiven said:
That penalty sure did stop us from doing anything this past season
Name me the signifigant player yall added that wasn't there last year?????

@ being hyped cause yall kept old a.ss Hall & Santana around.

No #1 Pick... No Free Agent Additions of note... QB in Recovery... Team didn't get better... Yup, Mara Won.
 5 years ago '08        #104
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,182 | Props total: 5308 5308
 Ghost Terp said:
I'd rather stick to facts instead of your opinion. I couldn't care less about your opinion on this matter
Says the guy who told me to grab Joe a beer and that my kids are 1/300th Cherokee

holy sh*t, you're arguing for the sake of arguing. YOU quoted me with bullsh*t, now that I did voice my opinion though it really shouldn't have you so upset, calm down kid.
 5 years ago '05        #105
DatKidDex 
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 386 386
 mcfalcons15 said:
Spoken like a true DC n*gga. "Bamma" a true DC word!!!
Aye aint J.R. Smith From Jersey lmao
 5 years ago '07        #106
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
 M said:
Says the guy who told me to grab Joe a beer and that my kids are 1/300th Cherokee

holy sh*t, you're arguing for the sake of arguing. YOU quoted me with bullsh*t, now that I did voice my opinion though it really shouldn't have you so upset, calm down kid.
I was I obviously joking about that, not my fault you put all your business on BX
 5 years ago '12        #107
cubes 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,587 | Props total: 6046 6046
 Cya Nerd said:
Ghost already sent me that pm

We rolling deep

Catch you slippin outside near cluck u

When we done Pat Collins gonna be at the scene
My crew got choppas on deck

Actin all hard, we shoot you up

If you really got beef, bring it to C-Stone and we shall see who bout that gunplay

mcfalcons15 said:
But 82Koo (Mr. Koo) called you out for not living in the city!!! LMAO!!! Just not gonna respond to him huh???
I never claimed to be from D.C. Born and raised in P.G.

Last edited by cubes; 05-02-2013 at 10:56 AM..
 5 years ago '08        #108
M 2 heat pts
space
space
 Ghost Terp said:
I was I obviously joking about that, not my fault you put all your business on BX
Actually I'm not the one who put it out there, but ok carry on with your facts
 5 years ago '07        #109
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
 M said:
Actually I'm not the one who put it out there, but ok carry on with your facts
But you did when you kept going back and forth with him. You love having the last word, don't you?
 5 years ago '07        #110
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Illstreet said:
Name me the signifigant player yall added that wasn't there last year?????

@ being hyped cause yall kept old a.ss Hall & Santana around.

No #1 Pick... No Free Agent Additions of note... QB in Recovery... Team didn't get better... Yup, Mara Won.
Jordan Reed, David Amerson, Phil Thomas. Everybody gonna know about them soon enough. All 3 are starter material and we still got the division title til otherwise
 5 years ago '08        #111
M 2 heat pts
space
space
 Ghost Terp said:
But you did when you kept going back and forth with him. You love having the last word, don't you?
Like I said you're arguing just to argue. You claim you don't care what I have to say or my opinion.....so don't quote me in the first place, it's not that hard of a concept.
 5 years ago '07        #112
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
 M said:
Like I said you're arguing just to argue. You claim you don't care what I have to say or my opinion.....so don't quote me in the first place, it's not that hard of a concept.
Guess that's a yes
 5 years ago '07        #113
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Poll: Majority OK with 'Redskins'

A new a.ssociated Press-GfK poll shows that nationally, "Redskins" still enjoys widespread support.

Nearly four in five Americans don't think the team should change its name, the survey found. Only 11 percent think it should be changed, while 8 percent weren't sure and 2 percent didn't answer.

The team's nickname, which some consider a derogatory term for Native Americans, has faced a barrage of criticism. Local leaders and pundits have called for a name change. Opponents have launched a legal challenge intended to deny the team federal trademark protection. A bill introduced in Congress in March would do the same, though it appears unlikely to pass.

SportsNation: Redskins' name change?
D.C. councilman David Grosso proposed changing the Redskins' name, and even suggested "Redtails" as its replacement. Is this a good idea?
• Discuss and vote!

This week, David Grosso, a member of the Washington D.C. Council, said he plans to submit a resolution calling on the Redskins to change their nickname because it is "racist and derogatory" and suggested "Redtails," in honor of the Tuskegee Airmen, a pioneering group of African-American pilots who served the United States in World War II, as a replacement.

Although 79 percent favor keeping the name, that does represent a 10 percentage point drop from the last national poll on the subject, conducted in 1992 by The Washington Post and ABC News just before the team won its most recent Super Bowl. Then, 89 percent said the name should not be changed, and 7 percent said it should.

The AP-GfK poll was conducted from April 11-15 and included interviews with 1,004 adults on both land lines and cellphones. It has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.9 percentage points.

Several poll respondents told the AP that they did not consider the name offensive and cited tradition in arguing that it shouldn't change.

"That's who they've been forever. That's who they're known as," said Sarah Lee, a 36-year-old stay-at-home mom from Osceola, Ind. "I think we as a people make race out to be a bigger issue than it is."

NFC East blog
ESPN.com's Dan Graziano writes about all things NFC East in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

But those who think the name should be changed say the word is obviously derogatory.

"With everything that Native Americans have gone through in this country, to have a sports team named the Redskins -- come on, now. It's bad," said Pamela Rogal, 56, a writer from Boston. "Much farther down the road, we're going to look back on this and say, 'Are you serious? Did they really call them the Washington Redskins?' It's a no-brainer."

Among football fans, 11 percent said the name should be changed -- the same as among non-fans. Among nonwhite football fans, 18 percent said it should change, about double the percentage of white football fans who oppose the name.

In Washington, debate over the name has increased in recent months. In February, the National Museum of the American Indian held a daylong symposium on the use of Indian mascots by sports teams. Museum Director Kevin Gover, of the Pawnee Nation, said the word "redskin" was "the equivalent of the N-word."

District of Columbia Mayor Vincent Gray, a Democrat, suggested that the team would have to consider changing the name if it wanted to play its home games in the city again. Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton, a Democrat who represents the district in Congress, said she's a fan of the team but avoids saying "Redskins." Just this week, a D.C. councilmember introduced a resolution calling for a name change, and it appears to have enough support to pass, although the council has no power over the team.

"We need to get rid of it," said longtime local news anchor Jim Vance in a commentary that aired in February. Vance, of WRC-TV, revealed that he has avoided using the name on the air for the past few years.

Other media outlets have done the same. The Washington City Paper substitutes the name "Pigskins," and DCist.com announced in February that it would avoid using the name in print. The Kansas City Star also has a policy against printing "Redskins."

In March, a three-judge panel heard arguments from a group of five Native American petitioners that the team shouldn't have federal trademark protection, which could force owner Daniel Snyder into a change by weakening him financially. A decision isn't expected for up to a year, and the Redskins are sure to appeal if it doesn't go their way. A similar case, ultimately won by the team, was filed in 1992 and needed 17 years to go through the legal system before the Supreme Court declined to intervene.

Several poll respondents told AP that they were unaware of the ongoing debate.

"If we're going to say that 'Redskins' is an offensive term, like the N-word or something like that, I haven't heard that," said David Black, 38, a football fan from Edmond, Okla., who doesn't think a change is necessary.

George Strange, 52, of Jacksonville, Fla., who feels the name should change, said people might change their minds if they become more educated about the word and its history.

"My opinion, as I've gotten older, has changed. When I was younger, it was not a big deal. I can't get past the fact that it's a racial slur," Strange said. "I do have friends that are Redskins fans and ... they can't step aside and just look at it from a different perspective."

There's precedent for a Washington team changing its name because of cultural sensitivities. The late Washington Bullets owner Abe Pollin decided the nickname was inappropriate because of its a.ssociation with urban violence, and in 1997, the NBA team was rechristened the Wizards.

Other professional sports teams have Native American nicknames, including the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs and baseball's Atlanta Braves and Cleveland Indians. But former U.S. Sen. Ben Nighthorse Campbell of Colorado, who is Native American, said "Redskins" is much worse because of its origins and its use in connection with bounties on Indians.

"There's a derogatory name for every ethnic group in America, and we shouldn't be using those words," Campbell said, adding that many people don't realize how offensive the word is. "We probably haven't gotten our message out as well as it should be gotten out."

Numerous colleges and universities have changed names that reference Native Americans. St. John's changed its mascot from the Redmen to the Red Storm, Marquette is now the Golden Eagles instead of the Warriors and Stanford switched from the Indians to the Cardinal.

Snyder, however, has been adamant that the name should not change, and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said he supports the team's stance. General manager Bruce Allen said in March that the team isn't considering a new name.

Following the symposium at the museum, the team posted a series of articles on its official website that spotlighted some of the 70 U.S. high schools that use the nickname Redskins.

"There is nothing that we feel is offensive," Allen said. "And we're proud of our history."
Just hit on espn headlines.

Redskins>>>Your fav team
 5 years ago '11        #114
AngOmusic93 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,679 | Props total: 467 467
 ItsSaleem said:
Washington foreskins
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
107 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago