most viewed right now
NBA Dude looking like he might take something smh
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Luka Doncic at 17 DESTROYING Victor Oladipo and Westbrook AND OKC :mjdamn:
29 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
7070 pageviews
62 comments

SM 39057 heat pts39057
space
space
$133,646 | Props total: 87645 87645
Michael Bay Says New 'Ninja Turtles' Are No Longer an Alien Race

Last year, fans of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were in an uproar after Michael Bay, producing the new version of the heroes in a half shell, simply called Ninja Turtles, said that the turtles would be an alien race from another dimension. His words seemed to indicate that the four mutant heroes would no longer come from the ooze that turned regular turtles into teenage, martial arts experts and crime f!ghters. He even told fans to chill out and confirmed the shortened title. But now Bay is backtracking a whole hell of a lot, pretending as if everyone is crazy, and says that the ooze is still the source for the turtle mutation.

Bay spoke with Moviefone and had this to say about the turtles' origin story:

There was that quote saying that we’re making [the Ninja Turtles as] aliens. We’re not. It’s the ooze! It’s from the original source material. These are from the original writers, and I never went out to correct myself in the press. I do listen to the fans and I do want this to be authentic. I think they’re going to be really happy with this movie. When I see the digital stuff, the turtles look great.

Bay can't escape his quotes from a year ago, especially since it's not as if someone made them up, but director Jonathan Liebesman did explain that the turtles do have alien roots:

Look, it’s so funny—if everyone was such a die-hard fan, they would know that the TCRI canisters where the ooze comes from. That is alien ooze. Now I’m not saying what Michael said is exactly what the movie is, because we’re sitting in a room now figuring everything out. So we don’t know, but we are like Michael said: we’re expanding it, and the expansion will be true to the mythology.

So there's a chance that this is what Bay meant when talking about the origins of Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo, but more than likely, the massive backlash just made the writers switch gears a bit and figure out a way to fit in the ooze and also the idea of other dimensions. Anyway, Megan Fox, Will Arnett, Danny Woodburn, Alan Ritchson, Noel Fisher, Jeremy Howard, and Pete Ploszek all star in the film which is slated for release next summer on June 6th, 2014. Stay tuned for more updates on the project coming as it moves closer toward production.

visit this link Michael Bay Says New 'Ninja Turtles' Are No Longer an Alien Race | FirstShowing.net

62 comments for "Michael Bay Says New 'Ninja Turtles' Are No Longer an Alien Race"

5 years ago '05        #2
P DRILLA 106 heat pts106
space
space
$11,013 | Props total: 8497 8497
 5 years ago '05        #3
Truth33 20 heat pts20
space
space
$6,360 | Props total: 1005 1005
 5 years ago '13        #4
PsychoCyber 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,970 | Props total: 2141 2141
good. dont f*ck with the ooze origin of my turtles.
 5 years ago '04        #5
.Mase Da Rula. 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 179 179
when they tried to retcon the turtles origin in the comics.. fans gave them hell too

they tried making the turtles origin alien based and people were not having it...

they had to retcon the retcon

thank god he listened... the movie would sucked if he made them full fledged aliens
 05-01-2013, 08:53 AM         #6
P Griff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '07        #7
TH35 105 heat pts105
space
space
$87,549 | Props total: 16161 16161
i loved TMNT as a kid and i get the nostalgia but at the end of the day its a cartoon i don't care where they came from
 5 years ago '10        #8
Intoxicated 123 heat pts123
space
space
$2,446 | Props total: 840 840
Good. That sh*t was retarded..
 5 years ago '04        #9
Marccoogs19 184 heat pts184
space
space
$10,747 | Props total: 6803 6803
They went into damage control and closed production because of this. Bay must didn't realize how loyal the TMNT fan base is, and we were pissed. Because of the internet, folks cant get way with sodomizing our favorite characters anymore. I liked how they tried to fix the narrative Bay had by saying that he really meant to say the ooze was of alien origin. Trying to save face.
 5 years ago '13        #10
PsychoCyber 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,970 | Props total: 2141 2141
 Marccoogs19 said:
They went into damage control and closed production because of this. Bay must didn't realize how loyal the TMNT fan base is, and we were pissed. Because of the internet, folks cant get way with sodomizing our favorite characters anymore. I liked how they tried to fix the narrative Bay had by saying that he really meant to say the ooze was of alien origin. Trying to save face.
now that is something i wouldnt be too mad about. as long as the ooze is in there somehow
 5 years ago '10        #11
Account001 
space
space
$3,367 | Props total: 256 256
The fu*king hack... own your mistake fu*king bi*ch.

Aliens had to be THE most dumbest fu*king idea ever. It was completely useless and unnecessary. And he thought he was "pushing the envelope". He needs to be bi*ch slapped.

/rant

Bay and M. knight should make every fantasy/sci fi film together cause they both fu*k them up, just in opposite ways
 5 years ago '10        #12
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 4 4
Good for fu*k sakes, Now he better change that dumb a.ss General Shredder bullsh*t too.
 5 years ago '08        #13
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,416 | Props total: 394 394
 walker2781 said:
Good for fu*k sakes, Now he better change that dumb a.ss General Shredder bullsh*t too.
forgot about that, yea they still have major changes that need to be made.
 5 years ago '07        #14
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,444 | Props total: 8443 8443
Sent out the BX goon squad to set things straight.

Way to go fellas... way to git'r dun!

05-01-2013, 08:32 PM         #15
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Whew! Give a guy a heart attack."

Michelangelo
 5 years ago '04        #16
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,195 | Props total: 842 842
Had to let that bi*ch a.ss ni99a know.
 5 years ago '10        #17
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$50,417 | Props total: 14668 14668
he was gonna make them aliens?
 5 years ago '06        #18
LeMar G 244 heat pts244
space
space
$16,561 | Props total: 41170 41170
You n*ggas actually excited for this

Its Michael bay

This n*gga will continue to r*pe your childhood.
 5 years ago '05        #19
HARBINGER 450 heat pts450
space
space
$49,878 | Props total: 8483 8483
fu*k Michael Bay. Is he done ruining my childhood yet? Give this sh*t to Nolan tha God
 5 years ago '04        #20
Tastemaker331 51 heat pts51
space
space
$39,967 | Props total: 12453 12453
good
now ill go peep
Home      

most viewed right now
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
117 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Call Of Duty Black Ops IIII Gameplay
89 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
94 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 18 - Trump orders Postmaster General to DOUBLE Amazon's shipping r..
63 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside amber gets gets answer she aint ready for
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Cellphone Bill Secrets: How to Get a Better Plan (CBC Marketplace)
1 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 19 - Here's #1 Factor Experts Say Accounts for High Number of Mass..
158 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy