Michael Bay Says New 'Ninja Turtles' Are No Longer an Alien Race

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
120 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
6832 pageviews
62 comments

SM 38153 heat pts38153
space
space
$127,783 | Props total: 66924 66924
Michael Bay Says New 'Ninja Turtles' Are No Longer an Alien Race

Last year, fans of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were in an uproar after Michael Bay, producing the new version of the heroes in a half shell, simply called Ninja Turtles, said that the turtles would be an alien race from another dimension. His words seemed to indicate that the four mutant heroes would no longer come from the ooze that turned regular turtles into teenage, martial arts experts and crime f!ghters. He even told fans to chill out and confirmed the shortened title. But now Bay is backtracking a whole hell of a lot, pretending as if everyone is crazy, and says that the ooze is still the source for the turtle mutation.

Bay spoke with Moviefone and had this to say about the turtles' origin story:

There was that quote saying that we’re making [the Ninja Turtles as] aliens. We’re not. It’s the ooze! It’s from the original source material. These are from the original writers, and I never went out to correct myself in the press. I do listen to the fans and I do want this to be authentic. I think they’re going to be really happy with this movie. When I see the digital stuff, the turtles look great.

Bay can't escape his quotes from a year ago, especially since it's not as if someone made them up, but director Jonathan Liebesman did explain that the turtles do have alien roots:

Look, it’s so funny—if everyone was such a die-hard fan, they would know that the TCRI canisters where the ooze comes from. That is alien ooze. Now I’m not saying what Michael said is exactly what the movie is, because we’re sitting in a room now figuring everything out. So we don’t know, but we are like Michael said: we’re expanding it, and the expansion will be true to the mythology.

So there's a chance that this is what Bay meant when talking about the origins of Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo, but more than likely, the massive backlash just made the writers switch gears a bit and figure out a way to fit in the ooze and also the idea of other dimensions. Anyway, Megan Fox, Will Arnett, Danny Woodburn, Alan Ritchson, Noel Fisher, Jeremy Howard, and Pete Ploszek all star in the film which is slated for release next summer on June 6th, 2014. Stay tuned for more updates on the project coming as it moves closer toward production.

visit this link Michael Bay Says New 'Ninja Turtles' Are No Longer an Alien Race | FirstShowing.net

62 comments for "Michael Bay Says New 'Ninja Turtles' Are No Longer an Alien Race"

5 years ago '05        #2
P DRILLA 103 heat pts103
space
space
$10,671 | Props total: 6418 6418
 5 years ago '05        #3
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
 5 years ago '13        #4
PsychoCyber 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,881 | Props total: 2025 2025
good. dont f*ck with the ooze origin of my turtles.
 5 years ago '04        #5
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
when they tried to retcon the turtles origin in the comics.. fans gave them hell too

they tried making the turtles origin alien based and people were not having it...

they had to retcon the retcon

thank god he listened... the movie would sucked if he made them full fledged aliens
 05-01-2013, 09:53 AM         #6
P Griff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '07        #7
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
i loved TMNT as a kid and i get the nostalgia but at the end of the day its a cartoon i don't care where they came from
 5 years ago '10        #8
Intoxicated 123 heat pts123
space
space
$2,344 | Props total: 166 166
Good. That sh*t was retarded..
 5 years ago '04        #9
Marccoogs19 180 heat pts180
space
space
$10,629 | Props total: 6140 6140
They went into damage control and closed production because of this. Bay must didn't realize how loyal the TMNT fan base is, and we were pissed. Because of the internet, folks cant get way with sodomizing our favorite characters anymore. I liked how they tried to fix the narrative Bay had by saying that he really meant to say the ooze was of alien origin. Trying to save face.
 5 years ago '13        #10
PsychoCyber 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,881 | Props total: 2025 2025
 Marccoogs19 said:
They went into damage control and closed production because of this. Bay must didn't realize how loyal the TMNT fan base is, and we were pissed. Because of the internet, folks cant get way with sodomizing our favorite characters anymore. I liked how they tried to fix the narrative Bay had by saying that he really meant to say the ooze was of alien origin. Trying to save face.
now that is something i wouldnt be too mad about. as long as the ooze is in there somehow
 5 years ago '10        #11
Account001 
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 179 179
The fu*king hack... own your mistake fu*king bi*ch.

Aliens had to be THE most dumbest fu*king idea ever. It was completely useless and unnecessary. And he thought he was "pushing the envelope". He needs to be bi*ch slapped.

/rant

Bay and M. knight should make every fantasy/sci fi film together cause they both fu*k them up, just in opposite ways
 5 years ago '10        #12
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 4 4
Good for fu*k sakes, Now he better change that dumb a.ss General Shredder bullsh*t too.
 5 years ago '08        #13
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 walker2781 said:
Good for fu*k sakes, Now he better change that dumb a.ss General Shredder bullsh*t too.
forgot about that, yea they still have major changes that need to be made.
 5 years ago '07        #14
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
Sent out the BX goon squad to set things straight.

Way to go fellas... way to git'r dun!

05-01-2013, 09:32 PM         #15
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Whew! Give a guy a heart attack."

Michelangelo
 5 years ago '04        #16
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,088 | Props total: 613 613
Had to let that bi*ch a.ss ni99a know.
 5 years ago '10        #17
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13654 13654
he was gonna make them aliens?
 5 years ago '06        #18
LeMar G 240 heat pts240
space
space
$15,512 | Props total: 35370 35370
You n*ggas actually excited for this

Its Michael bay

This n*gga will continue to r*pe your childhood.
 5 years ago '05        #19
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,258 | Props total: 6353 6353
fu*k Michael Bay. Is he done ruining my childhood yet? Give this sh*t to Nolan tha God
 5 years ago '04        #20
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,155 | Props total: 9564 9564
good
now ill go peep
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
261 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
102 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
30 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
97 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy