Netflix Will Lose Almost 2000 Movies May 1st

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
31 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
103 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
271 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
12249 pageviews
155 comments

Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
Netflix Will Lose Almost 2000 Movies May 1st

Netflix's streaming catalog is about to lose nearly 2000 movies.

As of May 1, 2013, Netflix will officially have 1794 fewer titles in its streaming repository. Now, before you freak out too much, this isn't as bad as the Great Netflix Starzageddon of 2012. After Netflix and Starz were unable to renew their streaming agreements with one another, more than a 1,000 films — including many of the newer films in Netflix's streaming catalog — disappeared from the service.

This time, most of the titles (you can see the full list here) are inconsequential and include titles such as Caged Fury (yes, that's a real movie starring Erik Estrada) and 1998's Deep Impact. Still, we're also losing Cruel Intentions, which makes my 16-year-old heart break into thousands of tiny pieces.

For his part, Brobible's Andy Moore will be doing a viewing party for Big Daddy tonight.

So why are these titles leaving Netflix? Licensing. The titles belong to Warner Bros., MGM and Universal and will soon only be accessible through the Warner Archive Instant service. Yeah, I didn't know about that service either. Apparently for $10 a month you can get a selection of streaming films only slightly better than what Redbox Instant offers. Who knew!

While this purge might not be of Netflix's most important titles, it could be a sign of things to come. Earlier this month, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said that he was considering letting a broad television deal with Viacom Networks lapse. That would mean that shows from Nickelodeon, MTV, VH1 and BET could all disappear from the service at the end of May.

Now, losing Cruel Intentions is one thing, but if I lose Teen Mom and SpongeBob SquarePants, I'm seriously going to be unhappy.

What sub-par Netflix movie will you miss the most? Let us know in the comments.
visit this link http://mashable.com/2013/ .. mageddon-2013/

155 comments for "Netflix Will Lose Almost 2000 Movies May 1st"

5 years ago '08        #2
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 2400 2400
Netflix is losing hard right now. Between this and the Cartoon Network and Adult Swim shows only having a few seasons of each show, things aren't looking too good.

The only thing to look forward to is the new season of Arrested Development.
 5 years ago '12        #3
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
space
$20,833 | Props total: 1749 1749
 Cooked Brickz said:
Netflix is losing hard right now. Between this and the Cartoon Network and Adult Swim shows only having a few seasons of each show, things aren't looking too good.

All im waiting for right now. If Netflix gets worse after that, might have to start going to Amazon more
 5 years ago '05        #4
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
private trackers ftw
 5 years ago '13        #5
MannyAces 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,142 | Props total: 91 91
I pay 8 a month, I should ge tthat sit cut in half.. Netflix ain't even have that many good movies before they lose 2000
 5 years ago '06        #6
Jhnnyblz427 175 heat pts175
space
space
$35,324 | Props total: 18273 18273
 MannyAces said:
I pay 8 a month, I should ge tthat sit cut in half.. Netflix ain't even have that many good movies before they lose 2000
 5 years ago '10        #7
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
n*ggas aint sh*t..

I always laugh at n*ggas complaining about Netflix

n*ggas used to pay $8 dollars to rent one movie for 48 hours from Blockbuster, and an additional $5 if you brought it back 10 minutes late

Now $8 (a month) to stream a huge library of content through your Playstation is something to complain about, because they lost a few movies you weren't gonna watch anyway.

05-01-2013, 12:31 AM         #8
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The titles belong to Warner Bros., MGM and Universal and will soon only be accessible through the Warner Archive Instant service.
netflix and similar services will be fu*ked soon, this right here is the future.

Publishers won't be giving sh*t to middle men they want the whole cake.

enjoy while it last, in about 3 years you'll have to subscribe to 10 different services to even watch something decent. netflix haters will really lose then.
 05-01-2013, 12:47 AM         #9
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Michael 1987 said:
Oh well, i don't use nor will i ever. Sucks for those who do use it tho.
Nor will you ever? Why the fu*k not?
 05-01-2013, 12:49 AM         #10
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cooked Brickz said:

And the next season of House of Cards? Who the fu*k cares about Cartoon Network 'only having a few seasons of each show' hahahah are you 9 years old or what?
 05-01-2013, 12:53 AM         #11
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MannyAces said:
Yeah cause 8 whole dollars per month for unlimited use is such a rip off... do you remember when a single movie costed like 5 bucks to rent for one day, and extra every day it was late? Wasn't that long ago, you sound like a spoiled brat.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 05-01-2013 at 01:03 AM..
 5 years ago '08        #12
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
Everybody want a piece of the streaming service pie, but they must be crazy if they think I'm paying all of them $8-$10 month.

Greed at its finest going on. What idiot would pay for each service cause one or the other might not have what they are looking for?
 5 years ago '13        #13
jgmuse000 
space
space
$293 | Props total: 1 1
 5 years ago '06        #14
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 MannyAces said:

oooh u pay a whole $8 a month, they owe u so much

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #15
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,339 | Props total: 8511 8511
 iPunish901 said:
Everybody want a piece of the streaming service pie, but they must be crazy if they think I'm paying all of them $8-$10 month.

Greed at its finest going on. What idiot would pay for each service cause one or the other might not have what they are looking for?
The whole sh*t gonna fall to pieces crash and burn. Hopefully someone is there to put it all back together
 5 years ago '09        #16
29 26 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,183 | Props total: 2587 2587
 iPunish901 said:

This... I would just try and rework the contract instead of starting my own streaming business... Netflix, Amazon, Hulu... etc........ warner archive streaming service?
 5 years ago '04        #17
Sotaboy24 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,511 | Props total: 42 42
netflix is a lifesaver when you got kids
 5 years ago '11        #18
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209 OP
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Sotaboy24 said:
Man, it really is.
 5 years ago '09        #19
WILLIAM 49 heat pts49
space
space
space
$22,629 | Props total: 1802 1802
^lmao this big head dumby talkin bout himself
 05-01-2013, 05:03 AM         #20
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sotaboy24 said:
My little nephew went on a Jessie marathon when I had him
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
112 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
126 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy