(video) Charles Barkley reaction to Jason Collins coming out

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
130 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
284 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-30-2013, 07:49 PM         #61
Stayburnin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ithink he was just sayin blacks and gays are both discriminated aginst and I doubt he was sayin slavery is the the same thing. he made really good points and I agree with him completely. I don't give a fu*k about that n*ggas personal life but there are religious and non religious people who believe is wrong and have the same right to express their feelings as the people that are all for it.
 04-30-2013, 07:54 PM         #62
purelogic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tnice said:
racism and discrimination two different things

racism is a form of discrimination, yall some ignorant mother fu*kers.

He's comparing the discrimnation not the entire civil rights movemnt to the gay rights movement.

04-30-2013, 08:02 PM         #63
purelogic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 djnoze said:
"Us being black, we need to always be tolerant" is what I heard. How did you come up with this?
He's ignorant.

gays are a minority in this country, hell on earth.

Black people are a minority in america.

minorities no matter what race, or s3xuality are discriminated against in america and around the world.

Charles is comparing the discrimination not the acts.

"you can't do this job because you're gay" "you can't get married because you're gay" "you can't use this bathroom because you're gay" "you're going to hell because you're gay"

Replace the gay with black, then shut the fu*k up.

black people were told these same sh*ts the gays are being told now.

This isn't a damn contest abut who suffered more and had more injustice.
 5 years ago '11        #64
VicDutch 122 heat pts122
space
space
$4,512 | Props total: 1036 1036
 UpTownBronx92 said:
fu*k f*ggots and f*ggot supporters
 04-30-2013, 08:08 PM         #65
253xLonghair3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItsSaleem said:

[pic - click to view]

04-30-2013, 08:17 PM         #66
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Account001 said:
Read a book on what really happened to black people.... Contrary to popular belief black people do stick together. The problem is when black people start prospering poor white trash like yourself like to have riots and lynchings. So miss me with all that bs... the sh*t you was taught in school was to make you feel better about yourself while the sh*t we was taught was suppose to be embarrassing to us. Can we please ban this fu*k boi?
Lmao!!!

Last edited by ManWithoutFear!; 04-30-2013 at 08:19 PM..
 5 years ago '13        #67
tez94 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$1,833 | Props total: 487 487
I do not hate gay people but, I do hate homos3xual activity tho
 04-30-2013, 09:06 PM         #68
West Side Wolf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Blah society in general is all too worried about what other people are doing and who there doing rather then worrying about there own.

Overall why does it matter who you chose to sleep with, with the age of social media I guess people think its worth sharing, NBA and all pro sports should just adapt the "Don't Ask, Don't tell" motto, as it has absolutely nothing to do with sports at all.

So he's gay and he came out, whats he want a cookie or something, and it shouldn't matter anyways and be disregarded in general as he was so far from a Star player it just makes the whole thing look bad.
 5 years ago '04        #69
djnoze 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,772 | Props total: 0 0
 purelogic said:
He's ignorant.

gays are a minority in this country, hell on earth.

Black people are a minority in america.

minorities no matter what race, or s3xuality are discriminated against in america and around the world.

Charles is comparing the discrimination not the acts.

"you can't do this job because you're gay" "you can't get married because you're gay" "you can't use this bathroom because you're gay" "you're going to hell because you're gay"

Replace the gay with black, then shut the fu*k up.

black people were told these same sh*ts the gays are being told now.

This isn't a damn contest abut who suffered more and had more injustice.
Still haven't answered the question.....where did you get all that from what he said in the clip.
 5 years ago '05        #70
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,524 | Props total: 1691 1691
2 points I whole-heartedly agree with in this video:

#1: "When I went to bed last night I didn't care who Jason Collins slept with. When I go to bed tonight I won't care who Jason Collins sleeps with."

Tolerance in its truest form. Personally It's hard for me to care whether a person is into men or women when it doesn't directly effect me or anyone near me in any way. That's their life choice, it's something THEY have to live with. Their s3xual preference doesn't have an effect on mine, and it shouldn't on yours unless you have no self-control.

#2: "Some people are not going to like this, I think they have the right to express that"

Now don't get me wrong, some of you are saying some out-landish sh*t - but that may just be because I disagree with your opinion. Either way, i'm glad you said how u felt. That in itself is another form of tolerance. The biggest argument I see at least in this thread is the difference between acceptance and tolerance (alongside the misinterpretation of racism and discrimination) and the way I've always felt society works at least as a black male is: You may not LIKE what's going on but these people are people just like you so deal with it.

You can't stop a gay person from being gay just like you can't stop a black person from being a black person.

You might not like gay or black people. And if that's how you feel just leave them the fu*k alone when they walk by. Simple as that

my ten cents
 04-30-2013, 11:44 PM         #71
Infamous B 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slipnslide85 said:
I'm really dissappointed in Chuck and in Kenny: the "struggle" of being gay is NO WHERE close to what black people in America have had to deal with ( and STILL deal with today)

- gay people weren't dragged into this country to work as slaves and to be treated less than human
- gay people arnt disrespected every day in the media, brainwashed and trained to hate themselves
- gay people havnt been economically blocked & hindered in this country from getting ahead as entire communities
- gay people arnt systematically targeted by the police force to be locked up or k!lled
- (do we need to go on?)

I'm not going to pretend like gay people are immune to bad things, because there are still random idiots that pick on and harass them JUST because they are gay, but gay people have PLENTY of luxuries and support groups that black people do not have

STOP comparing the two
white boys in the suburbs aren't imitating gay culture
 5 years ago '04        #72
PushaT5050 
space
space
$1,696 | Props total: 25 25
 slipnslide85 said:
I'm really dissappointed in Chuck and in Kenny: the "struggle" of being gay is NO WHERE close to what black people in America have had to deal with ( and STILL deal with today)

- gay people weren't dragged into this country to work as slaves and to be treated less than human
- gay people arnt disrespected every day in the media, brainwashed and trained to hate themselves
- gay people havnt been economically blocked & hindered in this country from getting ahead as entire communities
- gay people arnt systematically targeted by the police force to be locked up or k!lled
- (do we need to go on?)

I'm not going to pretend like gay people are immune to bad things, because there are still random idiots that pick on and harass them JUST because they are gay, but gay people have PLENTY of luxuries and support groups that black people do not have

STOP comparing the two
Feel you
 5 years ago '12        #73
gbmilwaukee 
space
space
$1,137 | Props total: 6 6
 Eminence Grise said:
Wanna know WHY gay groups have luxuries that y'all don't have? Because they know how to come together, pool their resources (mainly their spending power) and get their voices heard in congress amongst many other places. Whereas, black people can't even come together, let along pool together their spending power (which is said to reach $1.1 trillion by 2015). All these other groups who have felt themselves being discriminated against have come together and lobbied congress (through their spending power) and organized themselves in their own communities to get things done in their favor. The Jews, Latinos, Gays, etc. have all done this. Black people are the only ones who still don't get it. Instead, y'all still listen to outdated civil rights groups and black pastors that have been pimping y'all since the civil war.
 05-01-2013, 01:15 AM         #74
THNKS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eminence Grise said:
Wanna know WHY gay groups have luxuries that y'all don't have? Because they know how to come together, pool their resources (mainly their spending power) and get their voices heard in congress amongst many other places. Whereas, black people can't even come together, let along pool together their spending power (which is said to reach $1.1 trillion by 2015). All these other groups who have felt themselves being discriminated against have come together and lobbied congress (through their spending power) and organized themselves in their own communities to get things done in their favor. The Jews, Latinos, Gays, etc. have all done this. Black people are the only ones who still don't get it. Instead, y'all still listen to outdated civil rights groups and black pastors that have been pimping y'all since the civil war.
maybe that was part of the plan...with it being a war & all...

and who won that war; if i may ask?
 05-01-2013, 01:19 AM         #75
THNKS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kokujin Kotei said:
2 points I whole-heartedly agree with in this video:

#1: "When I went to bed last night I didn't care who Jason Collins slept with. When I go to bed tonight I won't care who Jason Collins sleeps with."

Tolerance in its truest form. Personally It's hard for me to care whether a person is into men or women when it doesn't directly effect me or anyone near me in any way. That's their life choice, it's something THEY have to live with. Their s3xual preference doesn't have an effect on mine, and it shouldn't on yours unless you have no self-control.

#2: "Some people are not going to like this, I think they have the right to express that"

Now don't get me wrong, some of you are saying some out-landish sh*t - but that may just be because I disagree with your opinion. Either way, i'm glad you said how u felt. That in itself is another form of tolerance. The biggest argument I see at least in this thread is the difference between acceptance and tolerance (alongside the misinterpretation of racism and discrimination) and the way I've always felt society works at least as a black male is: You may not LIKE what's going on but these people are people just like you so deal with it.

You can't stop a gay person from being gay just like you can't stop a black person from being a black person.

You might not like gay or black people. And if that's how you feel just leave them the fu*k alone when they walk by. Simple as that

my ten cents
and everything affects everything...cmon yall...seriously???

i get the concept...but to say it doesnt affect you is flat out ignorance 2xfold. you're talking about it for "christs" sake.
 5 years ago '04        #76
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,907 | Props total: 2548 2548

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #77
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,420 | Props total: 12359 12359
 slipnslide85 said:

- (do we need to go on?)

STOP comparing the two
I agree with this. I hate every time I see a journalist refer to him as the Jackie Robinson of gay athletes. This sh*t isn't anywhere close to what blacks have gone through n the struggle.

I get the "inclusion" aspect but fu*k trying to compare the two past that.
 5 years ago '09        #78
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,420 | Props total: 12359 12359
Yo, my man said blacks better thank the white man for where they are today. I would prop him but fu*k it
 5 years ago '07        #79
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
 slipnslide85 said:

- (do we need to go on?)

STOP comparing the two
not only did you miss the point, but you actually made a horrible argument with your claims.

No, in those times they would just be k!lled on the spot

for the longest time they are/still are. if you look at any movie/show up to recent times gays were portrayed stereotypically and mocked. many gays still today are trained to hate themselves because they aren't deemed "normal" lots of news articles can back up many suicides because of it.

but they have, let a political figure come out and watch his figures in the polls drop down.

no they aren't targeted by police, i'll give you that - but to say they aren't k!lled

i'm not saying the struggle of each are the same, but one can make a comparison that there are similarities. fu*k dude, a struggle is a struggle - why rank one over the other?
 5 years ago '05        #80
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,524 | Props total: 1691 1691
 THNKS said:
and everything affects everything...cmon yall...seriously???

i get the concept...but to say it doesnt affect you is flat out ignorance 2xfold. you're talking about it for "christs" sake.
i see what you're saying, but i guess the point i'm trying to make is that it doesn't go as far as that for me. The topic of discussion comes up, i say my piece, then go about my business. No harm was done to me or anyone else. I hope that adds a bit of clarity to what i was getting at.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
99 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy