Emmett Till’s Family Plans To Relentlessly Pursue Lil Wayne’s Sponsors

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
10 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
208 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #41
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
 Zo1987 said:
You're a house n*gga, from the context of your reasoning, overly sensitive means having boundaries to the level of disrespect you can take. Thank God Dr. King, Malcolm X, and the other heroes of the Civil Rights Era were "overly sensitive" and actually had enough bride NOT to take the bullsh*t from back then and stand up for themselves and their black culture.
Reported for not being able to type.
 5 years ago '04        #42
WhoThaFuk 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,907 | Props total: 575 575
 GeorgiaBoyTool said:
Wait aren't Odd Future also sponsored by Mountain Dew? If feminist heard their music (other than Frank Ocean) then they would probably lose their minds, but if Mountain Dew drops Wayne and keep Odd Future then that would be hypocritical as fu*k, I take pride in my black culture, but we have to stop acting like overly sensitive victims over every issue.
Pepsi dropped Ludacris and kept Ozzy Osbourne.
 04-29-2013, 01:25 AM         #43
360crazy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
disrespectful to Emmett Till? That n*gga dead how is he gone feel disrespected? You need a functioning brain to feel disrespected and Emmett Till doesn't nor his family, if they are worried about "respect" from Lil wayne.

Last edited by 360crazy; 04-29-2013 at 01:32 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #44
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,863 | Props total: 13637 13637
 GeorgiaBoyTool said:
Wow you're a self righteous dumbass, you took me mentioning the overly sensitive black women (and some men) who take every issue, such as A$AP Rocky not liking red lipstick on dark skin women to heart, MLK & Malcolm X weren't over sensitive like some older black people of today, they actually had real issues to tackle, not some damn rap lines, white artist say disrespectful things about other white people in tons of songs, but since "we as a people" are so worried about protecting our "image" instead of our actual culture we call each other coons & house n*ggas.

Instead of getting mad at rappers we should get mad at schools for not properly teaching us about black history, I never learned about Emmett Till until I heard 2 Chainz say his name in a song and that is a serious problem, not every school goes into depth about black history, we only covered MLK, Jackie Robinson, George Washington Carver, & Rosa Parks, maybe if the Till family focused more on educating the youth about Till instead of trying to get reparations from a rapper then maybe the youth would be more aware of our ancestors, instead of just thinking of them as names in a song.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #45
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,843 | Props total: 30026 30026
remix is a.ss...og >>>>
 5 years ago '09        #46
blacknacirema4 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,086 | Props total: 374 374
 SouLow said:
I pray you pus*y n*ggas never make A nickel
 5 years ago '09        #47
blacknacirema4 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,086 | Props total: 374 374
 GeorgiaBoyTool said:
Wow you're a self righteous dumbass, you took me mentioning the overly sensitive black women (and some men) who take every issue, such as A$AP Rocky not liking red lipstick on dark skin women to heart, MLK & Malcolm X weren't over sensitive like some older black people of today, they actually had real issues to tackle, not some damn rap lines, white artist say disrespectful things about other white people in tons of songs, but since "we as a people" are so worried about protecting our "image" instead of our actual culture we call each other coons & house n*ggas.

Instead of getting mad at rappers we should get mad at schools for not properly teaching us about black history, I never learned about Emmett Till until I heard 2 Chainz say his name in a song and that is a serious problem, not every school goes into depth about black history, we only covered MLK, Jackie Robinson, George Washington Carver, & Rosa Parks, maybe if the Till family focused more on educating the youth about Till instead of trying to get reparations from a rapper then maybe the youth would be more aware of our ancestors, instead of just thinking of them as names in a song.

got yourself a point pleighboi
 5 years ago '10        #48
Sk8bamboo 47 heat pts47
space
space
$1,305 | Props total: 418 418
 B4ST4RD! said:
What happened to pus*y boy till?
you're joking right ?
 5 years ago '05        #49
bullack86 34 heat pts34
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 128 128
 Lucky Lucas said:
why this n*gga emmett till hiding behind his family why dont he stand up for himself?

REPORTED!
 5 years ago '06        #50
thekidd 48 heat pts48
space
space
space
$1,190 | Props total: 911 911
pointless. freedom of speech he didnt make a threat on the family
 5 years ago '05        #51
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,521 | Props total: 1678 1678
wtf is wrong with the south?
 5 years ago '11        #52
xo xo xo 85 heat pts85
space
space
space
$5,426 | Props total: 417 417
Lil Wayne Apologizes to Emmett Till Family: “I Would Like to Take a Moment to Acknowledge Your Hurt”

When Lil Wayne’s controversial lyric, “beat the pu**y up like Emmett Till” — a reference to the 14-year-old African American boy who was tragically beaten to death for whistling at a white woman in Mississippi in 1955 — on Future’s “Karate Chop (Remix)” came to the attention of Till’s family, they were outraged. After they forced Epic Records to remove the line from the track and, earlier this week, pushed Mountain Dew to drop the rapper from their new campaign, Wayne has finally issued an apology to the family. In it, he offers condolences for the pain he has caused and promised he will not perform the lyric live, nor reference Emmett Till in future songs.

Read the letter after the jump…

Dear Till Family:

As a recording artist, I have always been interested in word play. My lyrics often reference people, places and events in my music, as well as the music that I create for or alongside other artists.

It has come to my attention that lyrics from my contribution to a fellow artist’s song has deeply offended your family. As a father myself, I cannot imagine the pain that your family has had to endure. I would like to take a moment to acknowledge your hurt, as well as the letter you sent to me via your attorneys.

Moving forward, I will not use or reference Emmett Till or the Till family in my music, especially in an inappropriate manner. I fully support Epic Record’s decision to take down the unauthorized version of the song and to not include the reference in the version that went to retail. I will not be performing the lyrics that contain that reference live and have removed them from my catalogue.

I have tremendous respect for those who paved the way for the liberty and opportunities that African-Americans currently enjoy. As a business owner who employs several African-American employees and gives philanthropically to organizations that help youth to pursue their dreams my ultimate intention is to uplift rather than degrade our community.

Best,

Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr.
Lil Wayne

Source:
 5 years ago '11        #53
xo xo xo 85 heat pts85
space
space
space
$5,426 | Props total: 417 417
And here I thought he would never apologize.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy