Emmett Till’s Family Plans To Relentlessly Pursue Lil Wayne’s Sponsors

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #21
KDash3rdLetter 
space
space
$362 | Props total: 11 11
 Ra-da-god said:
I'm a rapper and I'm all for freedom of speech but some sh*t just doesn't need to be said and this was one of em and as a black person you should understand that could have a thought of million other "beat the pus*y up" lines this sh*t was tasteless and very disrespectful.....
This
 04-28-2013, 04:03 PM         #22
purelogic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
beatin down your block, yes i get my emmit til on

no one remember the drought 2?
 5 years ago '04        #23
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,663 | Props total: 6786 6786
I personally find the line disgusting. Wayne's effed up in the head to think a line like that was OK, slick or even close to being creative. I removed Wayne's whole acapella part from the song.

5 years ago '10        #24
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
Lil wayne is the direct causee of the trans atlantic slave trade
 5 years ago '07        #25
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,403 | Props total: 2524 2524
 Ra-da-god said:
I'm a rapper and I'm all for freedom of speech but some sh*t just doesn't need to be said and this was one of em and as a black person you should understand that, Wayne could have a thought of million other "beat the pus*y up" lines this sh*t was tasteless and very disrespectful.....
Meh... Slippery slope you're on there bruh. You draw the line at Emmit Till, this women's group draws the line a droppin molly in a chick's drink, GLAAD starts flexing and starts to pressure the sponsors of individuals that make gay references...

You basically just said that I'm all for freedom of speech... But I don't agree with the way he chose to use his freedom. It was tasteless and disrespectful... In other words you don't respect the FREEDOM in Freedom of Speech. Sure he could have said something else, but he has the freedom not to. Either you're all for it... or you're not. I thought it was a stupid and unnecessary line... But if he wants to say it he should be able to say it. He's not the first to say some ignorant sh*t that shouldn't have been said and he's damn sure not the last
 5 years ago '11        #26
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 purelogic said:
beatin down your block, yes i get my emmit til on

no one remember the drought 2?
Not as disrespectful as comparing him to a s3xual act and mixtapes usually don't played on the radio so the general public usually don't hear about it
 5 years ago '08        #27
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
 TheMindOf said:
Nothing will happen..

Wayne vs The Tills is a black on black situation.. Media don't care about that sh*t.

If he had did a line about the kidnapping/murder of Polly Klaas, and that family came at him I could see sponsors doing something about it..

[pic - click to view]

This right here is black folk vs black folk.. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things..
 04-28-2013, 05:36 PM         #28
Jets Fool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How many rappers used the Hurricane Katrina line?
 5 years ago '09        #29
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,832 | Props total: 602 602
 HUMAN_CRACK said:
I call bs. Just to touch on the Ross sh*t, Molly don't even make you sleepy...
No one says anything about being sleep. Women wide awake get rapped everyday.

You do realize that if a woman is too drunk and you have s3x with her you can still get charged for r*pe right? So if you drug a woman (giving her molly unknowingly) it makes her less inhibited and she is more willing to do things she wouldn't do while she wasn't drugged. Therefore you r*ped her.

to speak specifically on Rick Ross I think they attacked him because his line hit home. Lots of rappers have worse lines but people don't see themselves being those victims for example DMX flat out said" if you have a daughter older than 15 i'mma r*pe her", but he was speaking to other gangsters who owe him money or whatever. so when you hear that you don't imagine it happening to you but every woman fears someone putting something in their drink and rapping them. Therefore they couldn't have someone out there glorifying that.
 5 years ago '13        #30
Antho23 1 heat pts
space
space
$753 | Props total: 1790 1790
It was a terrible line but if they was serious they should go after Kendrick Lamar and Kanye too. They both used the line in the same context as wayne
 5 years ago '09        #31
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,832 | Props total: 602 602
 Optimus Crime said:
Meh... Slippery slope you're on there bruh. You draw the line at Emmit Till, this women's group draws the line a droppin molly in a chick's drink, GLAAD starts flexing and starts to pressure the sponsors of individuals that make gay references...

You basically just said that I'm all for freedom of speech... But I don't agree with the way he chose to use his freedom. It was tasteless and disrespectful... In other words you don't respect the FREEDOM in Freedom of Speech. Sure he could have said something else, but he has the freedom not to. Either you're all for it... or you're not. I thought it was a stupid and unnecessary line... But if he wants to say it he should be able to say it. He's not the first to say some ignorant sh*t that shouldn't have been said and he's damn sure not the last
Freedom of speech just means you can't go to jail for what you say/write/express. You still can and will suffer all other consequences
 04-28-2013, 06:32 PM         #32
eouia 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t is mad disrespectful...bottom line!

[video - click to view]

04-28-2013, 06:35 PM         #33
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WHat do you expect from a n*gga? Knowledge?
 5 years ago '07        #34
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,403 | Props total: 2524 2524
 jasperfect said:
Freedom of speech just means you can't go to jail for what you say/write/express. You still can and will suffer all other consequences
I know what freedom of speech entails... But common sense tells me that Till's family is going about this the wrong way. Honestly no one talked about this line...NO ONE I know outside of this message board. And being from Southeast Texas I know A LOT of Lil Wayne stans. They either didn't the line any attention or [as sad as this is] they didn't care enough to say anything about it.

The actions of the family, however are keeping his line in the public forum. I bet if they would have addressed him privately and told him how they felt I bet that it would died... Probably barely gotten noticed. In this case they're parading his name in the public forum while he has an album that isn't selling worth a damn. I mean damn they're givin the gremlin free publicity. So I don't see what going after his sponsors does. They already paid him. Lil Wayne said a line that makes him a piece of sh*t human being. So let him be a piece of sh*t human being. It'll come back around.
 5 years ago '08        #35
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,722 | Props total: 12141 12141
I thought all women wanted they snatch beat like emmett till
 5 years ago '10        #36
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 8297 8297
 Mike Nitty said:
I thought all women wanted they snatch beat like emmett till
They do

I still say the line too. Then after his giggle.......

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #37
WILLIAM 49 heat pts49
space
space
space
$22,611 | Props total: 1783 1783
 Lord Lovely said:
Reported for Racism. Your white. So now I think that your racist
f*ggot..

and nothing i said was racist
 04-28-2013, 08:48 PM         #38
Zo1987 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GeorgiaBoyTool said:
Wait aren't Odd Future also sponsored by Mountain Dew? If feminist heard their music (other than Frank Ocean) then they would probably lose their minds, but if Mountain Dew drops Wayne and keep Odd Future then that would be hypocritical as fu*k, I take pride in my black culture, but we have to stop acting like overly sensitive victims over every issue.
You're a house n*gga, from the context of your reasoning, overly sensitive means having boundaries to the level of disrespect you can take. Thank God Dr. King, Malcolm X, and the other heroes of the Civil Rights Era were "overly sensitive" and actually had enough bride NOT to take the bullsh*t from back then and stand up for themselves and their black culture.
 5 years ago '08        #39
durag27 
space
space
$603 | Props total: 226 226
"beat the beat up, call me Larry Holmes"

watered down wayne chooses to spew/praise ignorance than be smart. he needs the dave chappelle vacation....fu*k that he needs to dance while q-tip, busta, and rae shoot at his feet. him and tyler. even eminem doesnt go down that route anymore.

boring topics, watered down lines, he's weak.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #40
Curb 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,474 | Props total: 80 80
Young'n won't apologize, because he doesn't even need the money.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy