‘Pain & Gain’ 5 Film Facts: The Rock & Mark Wahlberg Combine for 17 Meals a Day

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
128 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #1
16141 pageviews
55 comments

TheThreadLord 1776 heat pts1776
space
space
$9,550 | Props total: 3097 3097
‘Pain & Gain’ 5 Film Facts: The Rock & Mark Wahlberg Combine for 17 Meals a Day

Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson add immensity to the term "movie buff" as their new action-crime-comedy, "Pain & Gain," hits theaters this weekend.

In the Michael Bay film, Wahlberg and Johnson play body builders who hatch a meatheaded plan to extort money from rich guys in early 90s Miami Beach. When these American dreamers turn out to be nightmarish thugs, all sorts of Bayhem ensues.

We all know Wahlberg and The Rock will fill up the big screen, but here's five facts about "Pain & Gain" that you may not know.

1. If you've ever seen The Rock throw "The People's Elbow," you may have thought he could simply walk off the wrestling mat and be ready to play a body builder on set. But that's not the case. According to USA Today, besides upping his workout regime, the 6'4" former wrestler put on "12 to 15 pounds of muscle" by going on a crazy calorie binge that amounted to seven full meals a day, topping out at over 250 pounds.. Here's how he divvied up his daily allowance of "good complex carbs and protein/fat sources."

•Breakfast: 10-ounce beef fillet, 2 cups of oatmeal, two-egg omelet.

•Brunch: 8 ounces of cod, 12 ounces of sweet potatoes, 1 cup of steamed veggies.

•Half lunch: 8 ounces of chicken (we're a.ssuming not fried), 2 cups of white rice, 1 cup of veggies.

•Lunch: 8 more ounces of cod, 2 cups of rice, 1 cup of veggies.

•Lunner (or maybe dunch): 8 ounces of steak, 12 ounces of baked potato fries, a salad.

•Dinner: 10 more ounces of cod (really, can you ever get enough cod?) 2 more cups of rice, another salad.

•Late-night snack: 30 grams of casein protein powder, 10-egg-white omelet (yes, 10!), 1 cup of veggies, a tablespoon of Omega-3 to wash it down.

2. After going 150 days on that diet without cheating, The Rock broke his fast in the grandest of fashions. According to Muscle & Strength, Johnson went on a three round eating bender that consisted of 12 pancakes, followed by four "double dough pepperoni pizzas," followed by 21 brownies and a jug of milk. Apparently The Rock isn't much into moderation.

3. Wahlberg did his own share of heavy eating to pack on muscle for the role. "I was eating 10 meals a day and drinking mass gainers," Wahlberg told E Online. "It was a lot of work. A lot of getting up at 2 in the morning to eat another meal and I was still full from the meal at 10 o'clock." The hard work paid off though, as according to Muscle & Strength, Wahlberg now benches 335 pounds. Interestingly, the same article also notes that Wahlberg doesn't believe in direct ab workouts and achieves his famous six-pack through light ab work only. You can hear Wahlberg and The Rock talk about working out in the Insider Access video above.

4. With "Transformers," "Bad Boys," and "Armageddon," director Michael Bay has secured a reputation for huge movie making. According to Box Office Mojo, his last three pictures -- "Transformers" 1, 2, and 3 -- had a combined budget of $545 million. With "Pain & Gain," Bay has dialed it back a bit; the film has a relatively paltry budget of $25 million. To cut some production costs, Bay filmed portions of the movie at his own Miami mansion. You can see some of Bay's home in the trailer above.

5. "Pain & Gain," which is based on the true story of the Sun Gym Gang, is being marketed as a dark comedy. But many of those affected by the gang's real life criminal actions don't think it's a laughing matter. One of the gang's victims, Marc Schiller (portrayed by Tony Shalhoub) finds the film's comedic tone particularly disturbing. "I was significantly tortured: tasered, burned, beatings, guns to the head, Russian roulette... there's a whole list of things. And then obviously at the end they tried to k!ll me. And it wasn't that funny when they tried to k!ll me," Schiller told the Huffington Post. You can hear the cast tell Yahoo! Movies about these despicable characters in the Insider Access video above.

visit this link Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo! Movies

visit this link imageand people say he on riods. it can be done

dat meal planimage

55 comments for "‘Pain & Gain’ 5 Film Facts: The Rock & Mark Wahlberg Combine for 17 Meals a Day"

5 years ago '06        #2
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,860 | Props total: 25606 25606
Wow man i would be tired of eating that. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much food..

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #3
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,945 | Props total: 5502 5502
Great for people who are rich but for anyone else that kind of diet is crazy $$$

Not that it's a great idea for anyone to put on a ton of weight in a short amount of time.
 5 years ago '04        #4
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,885 | Props total: 1998 1998
 SlickJ101 said:
Great for people who are rich but for anyone else that kind of diet is crazy $$$

Not that it's a great idea for anyone to put on a ton of weight in a short amount of time.
And they're probably getting 2-3 million for the movie? I am always confused why people act like actors putting on muscle is an amazing feat. If someone gave me a personal trainer or told me to put on muscle for 3-6 months and I was going to get 2-3 million, I would be lifting all day, seven days a week.

5 years ago '07        #5
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,403 | Props total: 2524 2524
lol nvm... It's addressed in the OP

But yeah to get like that in that short of the time you need to eat your a.ss off, take roids, or both lmao. If I was an actor I'd look like Dwayne too.. But I have a life in which I don't [technically] get paid for what I look like... So they'll have to make do lol. I live in Houston... Everyone is fat anyway

Last edited by Optimus Crime; 04-27-2013 at 07:28 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #6
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 Optimus Crime said:
lol nvm... It's addressed in the OP

But yeah to get like that in that short of the time you need to eat your a.ss off, take roids, or both lmao. If I was an actor I'd look like Dwayne too.. But I have a life in which I don't [technically] get paid for what I look like... So they'll have to make do lol. I live in Houston... Everyone is fat anyway
 5 years ago '04        #7
kontrast 
space
space
space
$1,948 | Props total: 155 155
I had a toned down version of this diet and I put on 20lbs of pure muscle even though I've always been skinny. It can definitely be done, especially with his resources
 04-27-2013, 10:51 PM         #8
Dream914 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Yung Dilla said:
Wow man i would be tired of eating that. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much food..

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

i remember him posting these on instagram waayy back (last august).
people saying he was on roids was funny but then again look at him dude got muscle on top of muscles
 5 years ago '04        #9
JJH35 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,840 | Props total: 891 891
 Yung Dilla said:
not if you were getting million+ to do a movie
 5 years ago '06        #10
imthatinfamous 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,997 | Props total: 3482 3482
 lilsnatch770 said:
And they're probably getting 2-3 million for the movie? I am always confused why people act like actors putting on muscle is an amazing feat. If someone gave me a personal trainer or told me to put on muscle for 3-6 months and I was going to get 2-3 million, I would be lifting all day, seven days a week.

JJH35 said:
not if you were getting million+ to do a movie
Im sure that argument works for your regular everyday Joe
but the Rock and Mark are multi-millionaires. Is an extra 2 or 3 million really that much of a motivation for thme?
 5 years ago '05        #11
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,521 | Props total: 1682 1682
 Dream914 said:
i remember him posting these on instagram waayy back (last august).
people saying he was on roids was funny but then again look at him dude got muscle on top of muscles
yea i was gonna bring up these pics myself.

I was wondering why he decided to suddenly bulk the living daylights out of himself like that.

This explains it. and bravo to him for doing it in what... 6 months?
 5 years ago '07        #12
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
Genetics prolly helps The Rock a lot. His dad and grandpa were big dudes back in the day and he's bigger than both of them.
 5 years ago '04        #13
WhoThaFuk 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,907 | Props total: 575 575
I would've thrown that sh*t up at some point..it just sounds like too much
 5 years ago '11        #14
Mr X 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,263 | Props total: 239 239
thats ridiculous lol
 5 years ago '04        #15
*Free_Yayo* 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,595 | Props total: 293 293
Lmao to the people who dont think he is roids are fu*king laughing. Of course he is on roids, you dont get like that and in that period of time without roids. Seriously they people debating that he isnt on roids, either dont know anything about body building, or are trying to convince themselves that these movie stars are some sort of super heroes.

And to the people that say he either ate big or took steroids. There is no either, people dont understand the way steroids work, you dont just take them and work out and magically you become big, the food you eat is why you become big and the steroids a.ssist in the process of getting big and make you bigger and in less time.
 5 years ago '06        #16
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,991 | Props total: 1460 1460
 Yung Dilla said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

And he got a CM Punk shirt on
 Michael 1987 said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #17
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,813 | Props total: 1137 1137
And to cap those meals off

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #18
TheThreadLord 1776 heat pts1776 OP
space
space
$9,550 | Props total: 3097 3097
 Oh Finesse said:
post a meal plan and n*ggas who don't work out and diet eat it up.. you don't get to that point without bike ride's, that's not debatable.. jesus it's like trying to explain why cars can't move smoothly without wheels

[pic - click to view]

boxden can't be taken serious for fitness talk.
i wanted to put it in the BX gym section but i didnt feel like changing the title
 5 years ago '11        #19
Xyrax 
space
space
$2,396 | Props total: 2455 2455
 imthatinfamous said:
Im sure that argument works for your regular everyday Joe
but the Rock and Mark are multi-millionaires. Is an extra 2 or 3 million really that much of a motivation for thme?
Yes....it is. Because a Bay movie is good on your resume for future products too. Thats how you build a film career and get your salary from 3 mill a movie to 5, then 7 then 10 then 20 + receipts n*gga.

Remember, it takes motivation and drive to make money like that (most of the time) n*ggas that sit at home doing nothing say sh*t like

"Man once I make a few million I wouldnt do sh*t ellllllllllllse, just chill"

But people with a work ethic cannot just turn off their inner ambition like that. Sure they are millionaires, but they want more, and I ain't even mad. Get money.
 5 years ago '07        #20
Bkjj11 3546 heat pts3546
space
space
$92,245 | Props total: 69838 69838
takes testosterone pills surely
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy