10 Exclusive Or Little-Known Features For The Galaxy S4

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
176 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
6051 pageviews
17 comments

Jago 1030 heat pts1030
space
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 5437 5437
10 Exclusive Or Little-Known Features For The Galaxy S4

1. Super-sensitive touchscreen can be operated with gloves

The Samsung Galaxy S4 employs a super-sensitive touchscreen tech that lets you operate the phone with gloves, besides the usual objects you can employ on a capacitive touchscreen, like fingernails, even forks, screws, pens and even a bottle of yogurt, as you can see in our quick demo video.

We'd wager to bet it's the same technology found on the Nokia Lumia 920, supplied by Synaptics, and is a very handy feature, especially for the construction site, colder regions, or when you are on the ski lift and get a call or text - you can answer it or unlock the phone to read the message without taking your gloves off in the subzero temps.

2. First handset with Corning's Gorilla Glass 3

If you were cringing each time we tried the super-sensitive touchscreen feature on the Galaxy S4 with a fork or a screw, you shouldn't have - the phone is the first handset with the Gorilla Glass 3 protective layer, which is three times less prone to scratches than Gorilla Glass 2, as found on the Galaxy S III, for example. You can clearly hear the Samsung rep confirm for us in this demo video from the launch event that the S4 sports exclusive Gorilla Glass 3 protection.

3. Mobeam tech: existing barcode scanners work with the Galaxy S4 directly

Forget cutting coupons all Sunday long - Mobeam's light-based communications (LBC) is embedded in the Galaxy S4, meaning that merchants can use existing POS scanners they already have to scan a proximity sensor-generated barcode straight from the phone.

The implications for mobile commerce are potentially huge, as merchants don't have to install any additional equipment like with NFC, or any extra mobile sales solutions on the backend.

4. Barometer, hygrometer and thermometer sensors open to 3rd party apps

While already at least ten or so Android phones and tablets have a barometer inside, since Google started supporting the sensor, the Galaxy S4 is the first to add a thermometer/hygrometer also. Before you dismiss those as gimmicks, bear in mind that the S4 uses all for measuring atmospheric pressure, temperature and humidity around you, and gives you visual reports on the quality of the surrounding environment within the S Health app, as you can see in our video demo.

The barometer is also used for faster and more accurate GPS location readings, and 3rd party apps like pressureNET are starting to take advantage of such sensors. The app is a crowdsourced atmospheric pressure reader - data is pinned as markers on an embedded Google map, and graphed over time "to improve weather forecasting for everyone on Earth by dramatically increasing the availability of live data that describes the atmosphere."

5. Galaxy S4 supports blazing "5G" 802.11ac Wi-Fi

Support for the so-called 5G Wi-Fi, or the 802.11ac standard, where theoretical 1 Gbit speeds are within reach, comes standard with the Samsung Galaxy S4, while the previous 802.11n generation is two to three times slower.

Not that there is an abundance of 802.11ac routers on sale yet, or places that spread the Internet love around with such speeds, but support for the "5G Wi-Fi" is important for the Wi-Fi Direct, S Beam and Group Play on the Galaxy S4, as it allows much faster swapping of files, music, videos and streaming between compatible devices than with the previous 802.11n standard.

6. MHL 2.0 support

The Galaxy S4 supports the new MHL 2.0 wired connectivity standard, meaning, besides peppier streams, that the phone will also charge twice faster when connected to a TV or monitor equipped with an MHL port than before, which is pretty important when you are exhausting it with gaming sessions from the couch.

7. Wolfson audio in the S4 version with Exynos 5 Octa processor

A VoodooReport app log sent from the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 - the Exynos 5 Octa processor version - confirms that it uses the high-quality Wolfson WM5102 audio chip, which theoretically means better sound output than the DAC embedded in the S4 version with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 600 chipset. In GT-I9500, however, it seems that Android defaults to 48kHz, so the Wolfson audio might not make much difference after all.

8. SwiftKey comes standard

Samsung has partnered with SwiftKey for the default keyboard on its Galaxy S4 this time, meaning that you will be using what is probably the best Android keyboard free of charge if you get the phone - complete with the Flow finger-tracing functionality, and the top-notch prediction algorithms that have made SwiftKey the most popular Android keyboard.

9. TripAdvisor integration

Another best-in-class service Samsung has partnered with for the Galaxy S4 is TripAdvisor, the most comprehensive travel database for Android, and not only.

TripAdvisor Samsung Edition is what the app is called, and it sports a new interface with scrollable landmark photo strip, and a handy widget that can display activities to try around you, plus you can flip through them without even firing up the application - a feature that is S4 exclusive for now.

10. Safety a.ssistance option

Last but not least, the Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with an emergency option called Safety a.ssistance that can start shooting photos with both the front and rear cameras when you long-press the volume up or down, and automatically sends them with a preset message to emergency contacts of your choosing at predetermined intervals.

visit this link Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review

17 comments for "10 Exclusive Or Little-Known Features For The Galaxy S4"

5 years ago '12        #2
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,704 | Props total: 22069 22069
Woah, definitely can't wait.

5g and swify key
 5 years ago '05        #3
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,626 | Props total: 13696 13696
Feature #10 will come in handy when enraged HTC POS owners attack you and try to use your phone since theirs is undoubtedly dead.
 5 years ago '12        #4
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,704 | Props total: 22069 22069
 Y.G. said:
Feature #10 will come in handy when enraged HTC POS owners attack you and try to use your phone since theirs is undoubtedly dead.
 5 years ago '04        #5
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,903 | Props total: 2534 2534
 Y.G. said:
 5 years ago '11        #6
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,378 | Props total: 3846 3846
sounds good. gonna be hard to wait it out for that Note
 5 years ago '11        #7
keen77 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,252 | Props total: 1 1
 Tony Franks said:
sounds good. gonna be hard to wait it out for that Note
When's the Note III dropping?

EDIT: Nvm. End of this year at earliest :(

Last edited by keen77; 04-28-2013 at 03:12 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #8
Who cares 
space
space
space
$345 | Props total: 135 135
Gonna cop this on Tuesday
 5 years ago '05        #9
SquirrelXss 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,929 | Props total: 1381 1381
got mine. was first customer in the city to have one, other than those who pre ordered.
 5 years ago '05        #10
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 589 589
Exclusive?
 5 years ago '05        #11
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
I don't use WiFi.... that's what my MBP is for. If I'm home I'm on that.

I'm good with my S3 until something GROUNDBREAKING emerges. It's flawless. Not a single dent, scratch, etc. Ottobox Defender'd since day one.
 5 years ago '06        #12
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,036 | Props total: 18799 18799
we started from the flip phones and now we here...
 5 years ago '10        #13
The Pharaoh 4 heat pts
space
space
$747 | Props total: 0 0
 keen77 said:

Im up for an Upgrade in November!
 5 years ago '04        #14
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,698 | Props total: 1155 1155
 Y.G. said:
 5 years ago '08        #15
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
I really wish they would put swiftkey on the s3. I know it's worth it but paying $4-$5 for an app is just not something I've come to terms with yet.
 5 years ago '06        #16
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #17
GBREEZE 260 heat pts260
space
space
$12,095 | Props total: 7453 7453
 keen77 said:

who gives a fu*k?

i dont want to carry around a VCR my n*gga

im playing but yea S4 all day
 5 years ago '04        #18
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 ThePainkiller said:
Woah, definitely can't wait.

5g and swify key
you have a 802.11ac router?
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy