Scarface Says "Hip Hop Is White Now," Blames Record Executives

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
177 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #141
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 Menelek said:

Most black ppl. I dont listen to none of those artist u claim black ppl listen to so I guess Im White.
so you saying because you don't listen to it that a lot of black people don't?
 04-25-2013, 04:16 PM         #142
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yhis pretty much sums up the route this thread is taking

enlarge it people

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #143
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,841 | Props total: 2107 2107
 mR ReZiW said:
I'm whats right

Marcus Garvey is whats right

Thomas Sankara is whats right

Patrice Lumumba is whats right

Malcolm X is whats right

THE GREATEST BLACK MAN TO EVER LIVE

and surprise surprise, 3 a.ssassinated and 1 exiled.
U a panther?
 5 years ago '05        #144
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
Racist thread is racist.
 04-25-2013, 04:20 PM         #145
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JordanWest86 said:
U a panther?
You gotta be a panther to be conscious? militant black man stereotype on the horizon

consciousness is a form of intellect

FYI I'm a Pan- Africanist
 5 years ago '07        #146
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,971 | Props total: 5898 5898
 DanBootleg said:
Racist thread is racist.
:ohhellnonas: Come on man! How come it's racist whenever black people speak the truth about what's real out here?
 5 years ago '07        #147
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
Face just just come out of retirement or some sh*t

5 years ago '05        #148
space
space
 RubbahBandMayn said:
:ohhellnonas: Come on man! How come it's racist whenever black people speak the truth about what's real out here?
Well I don't know where you were schooled but when you generalize a race you are being racist.

STAY ASLEEP said:
Lots of simple dumass minds in here. A lot.

"music is labels. labels are white people. we're fu*ked.

we need to change our fu*king mindset people. Break out of that stupid thinking. Break out of it. You are nobodys bi*ch and your art has worth whether u are on a label or not. Hell, make your OWN label. Change the mindset dumasses.

I agree, this is why in the past year Macklemore likely made more money off music than the majority of these rappers that rap about money.

Last edited by DanBootleg; 04-25-2013 at 04:28 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #149
toonice12 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,287 | Props total: 1133 1133
 JickBangz said:

I made a Madlib and Jay Dilla thread. Those things was left way drier than I thought they would be though.
Bruh all i'm saying is when music in Central Station in East Point, (Hood) GA. Starts there & end up in a All white upscale bar or spot in Buckhead, (Rich folks) GA. I'm done with it
 5 years ago '04        #150
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,457 | Props total: 1447 1447
hip hop has expanded is the correct way of saying it. i think he is more salty that the form he indulges in isnt popular. i can understand that, but to say its white.... is a vague general cop out statement. and i love face. i even got that last album that wasnt as good at all as his other sh*t, but its better than most records out
 5 years ago '04        #151
space
space
 STAY ASLEEP said:
Lots of simple dumass minds in here. A lot.

"music is labels. labels are white people. we're fu*ked.

we need to change our fu*king mindset people. Break out of that stupid thinking. Break out of it. You are nobodys bi*ch and your art has worth whether u are on a label or not. Hell, make your OWN label. Change the mindset dumasses.
i remember when people thought if anybody could be really mainstream on their own with no major backing would be drake but he signed to ymcmb because they helped open doors for him

it didn't happen for him and the weeknd though

funny thing is as much as this topic went 10 pages and talking about taking "hip-hop" back. what do we mostly talk about on bx....NONE OF THAT
 5 years ago '07        #152
space
space
 DanBootleg said:
Well I don't know where you were schooled but when you generalize a race you are being racist.
Well let it be racist then because this thread is powerful. I'm guessing you're white
 5 years ago '11        #153
indagame 20 heat pts20
space
space
$8,480 | Props total: 6343 6343
 slapaho said:
its not even that totally.. fact is music has gradually declined in the last 20 yrs,and when you take into account the roc n roll and blues side its pretty much a repeat of that just a diff genre. someone builds it up and then its sold and the creators no longer have control.
they cant stop the hood but they sure a fuc can try to contain that sh*t.

look at tech n9ne.. 80% of his fan base are white,but he didnt jump into the realm of being known like he is now untill he started messin with ICP. none of these kids gave a sh*t about tech when he came out.
I don't know exactly what you're trying to get at wit Tech N9ne. His collaborations with B.o.B and Lil Wayne are what got him the most notoriety but he had been around the top in billboard so before so he was doing well. It's like you said though the majority of his fan base is white and like the other guy with stephen a avy said white people buy music so that's how he's able to have gotten where he is. Tech's fan base has always been white though for the most part. The mainstream is record executes forcing the direction of how mainstream music sounds
 5 years ago '06        #154
vinceisallin 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,844 | Props total: 1756 1756
 RubbahBandMayn said:
I'm white don't see it as racism, just an unbiased opinion.

The market is the market. I think they target the people buying albums, and pressure artist to become that

The hood ain't buying records. They bootleg that sh*t. I doubt alot of people in here talking white and black sh*t even support their favorite artists. It's the industry, that is alot money, with a small market of people willing to preserve it. All I'm saying is if you see a real artist buy the cd, go on iTunes, let them know that the style works, cuz artist will switch up quick to go gold.
 04-25-2013, 04:34 PM         #155
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Props to BX, Ronnie a Mod or whoever hot toppiced this

Coz I know Rap forums who do not tolerate truth speaking, they dress it up as racism and hit the delete button. No conscious discussions allowed

So major props, thats real. Proud of you guys
 5 years ago '07        #156
space
space
 vinceisallin said:
I'm white don't see it as racism, just an unbiased opinion.

The market is the market. I think they target the people buying albums, and pressure artist to become that

The hood ain't buying records. They bootleg that sh*t. I doubt alot of people in here talking white and black sh*t even support their favorite artists. It's the industry, that is alot money, with a small market of people willing to preserve it. All I'm saying is if you see a real artist buy the cd, go on iTunes, let them know that the style works, cuz artist will switch up quick to go gold.
I agree but people have been bootlegging on the streets before sells started falling. IMO people stopped buying albums when artists started releasing bullsh*t albums.
 5 years ago '05        #157
space
space
 RubbahBandMayn said:
Well let it be racist then because this thread is powerful. I'm guessing you're white
Yes I am white but that's besides the point. The point is racism regardless of the source is wrong.
 5 years ago '04        #158
space
space
 RubbahBandMayn said:
I agree but people have been bootlegging on the streets before sells started falling. IMO people stopped buying albums when artists started releasing bullsh*t albums.
it was a lot harder to bootleg back then. i remember back in bx we had to convert real audio files to get the album because of the bandwith

now all you gotta do is type it in google and put it on your phone
 5 years ago '07        #159
space
space
 justinjones said:
it was a lot harder to bootleg back then. i remember back in bx we had to convert real audio files to get the album because of the bandwith

now all you gotta do is type it in google and put it on your phone
Exactly the digital age fu*ked up record sells the most..everybody has access to a computer and the internet now.
 04-25-2013, 04:47 PM         #160
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RubbahBandMayn said:
you should know the deal by now

black man proud of his roots= militant black man/ afrocentric

white man proud of his roots= patriot/ model citizen

They teach us to hate ourselves
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy