Scarface Says "Hip Hop Is White Now," Blames Record Executives

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
138 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
86 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-25-2013, 02:10 PM         #101
Everest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there will always be a white presence in hip hop because they outnumber blacks in general....

there are only 12 percent blacks in America!!!
 5 years ago '10        #102
BBhiphop 523 heat pts523
space
space
$17,052 | Props total: 20263 20263
 614FACE said:
u talkin about 2 different beast. those are successful independant labels that created a following by not putting out poisonous bullsh*t. but im sure they have a certain respect for the culture in order to even bring to life what they envisioned. labels like rhymesayers are not what he's talking about. and if he was i would have to disagree with him.

like i said... all white people aint bad.
I know, but that takes the race and executive position out of this discussion...

because there's nothing wrong with NONE of the small labels like that if they're run by white men...however if it's a big commercial label, there is...that has ALL to do with who they target and what the biggest audience buys.

like I said in one of my first posts...I don't even see the problem here (label wise)...they're just doing business with the target audience that likes the polution they put out...blame the audience.
 5 years ago '04        #103
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,368 | Props total: 6382 6382
cinematic music group that help bring out smoke dza,big krit,joey bada$$,nipsey hussle was started and run by...

[pic - click to view]

this weed smoker right here
 04-25-2013, 02:17 PM         #104
JayDee11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WCIB said:
Damn dummy.

I'm talking negatively.

All people (the haters) want to do is sh*t on Eminem. Truth be told, if he was as big of a white menace as those people make him out to be, why is there a list of n*ggas as long and dark as my d!ck (pause) that he's put on?

The only white dude he tries helping is Yelawolf and we saw how that worked out.
This post got me dying. It's about as foolish as saying "there can't be any bigoted white execs because look how many black rappers they put on". eminem has a damn record label. It's his job to release new acts. You expect him to scour the globe looking for a bunch of white rappers who will fail simply because the white fans would do nothing but compare them to the guy that put them on? Foh. There was a huge bidding war for 50. eminem didn't rescue him out of some NY ghetto and tell him to keep 100% of the profit that comes his way. It was a damn business deal. Just like with D12, Obie Trice and any other black artist in his label. Like allowing a minority the opportunity to make two quarters, while you make a dollar, somehow negates the "boss'" status as the enemy. If you say so.
 5 years ago '05        #105
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 WCIB said:
Yeah yeah yeah he's white I get it.

Nelly outsold him last decade. Who bought his albums?
Smh. And that's the point...NELLY OUTSOLD HIM LAST DECADE. LAST DECADE. 10 years ago.

*edit* And yes the majority of people who bought them albums were white. Nobody's disputing that.

Face was talkin bout NOW and what the future may look like. I'm talkin bout NOW.
Nelly probably couldnt sell more tickets to a show than Macklemore. If it was Eminem vs Macklemore it would even be a fu*kin question.

Last edited by Bobby's World; 04-25-2013 at 02:21 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #106
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 614FACE said:
theyre doin business at other peoples expense. thats the point. the audience that your blaming dont have to live with the negative backlash of the poison being pushed seeing that most hip hop cosumers are middle class white folks. if thats the case then why havent we seen a white boy poppin mollies, holding choppers and kicking a bunch of negative ghetto sh*t???
Riff Raff
 5 years ago '10        #107
BBhiphop 523 heat pts523
space
space
 614FACE said:
theyre doin business at other peoples expense. thats the point. the audience that your blaming dont have to live with the negative backlash of the poison being pushed seeing that most hip hop cosumers are middle class white folks. if thats the case then why havent we seen a white boy poppin mollies, holding choppers and kicking a bunch of negative ghetto sh*t???
Almost all white rappers are like that lol...

Poppin mollies Like Eminem isn't known for his drug abuse etc...MGK, Slug, Rittz etc
 5 years ago '12        #108
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
These type of threads always expose posters
 5 years ago '07        #109
PurpleKush 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,435 | Props total: 2191 2191
I feel scarface 100% but a lot of these rappers including vets which some are my favs have been putting out wack a.ss music the last 10years...that's why bootleggin has been skyhigh
 5 years ago '07        #110
jp morgan 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$785 | Props total: 141 141
Clicked on that, then saw this

Macklemore now this......Yeah ain't gonna be any brothas in this game getting light in a few years other than a token few.
 5 years ago '10        #111
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,852 | Props total: 8970 8970
 TheMindOf said:
Blame n*ggas for not buying music..

There's one thing that dictates what happens in all music..

[pic - click to view]

They know that the concept of buying music, has become a running joke to a big majority of the urban community and youth..

So why the labels spend money to cater to them? They gon cater to those white folks who are gonna take their iTunes gift cards and actually buy some sh*t..

When black folks had no choice but to buy music, we controlled and dictated our own culture.. Now that we don't, we've lost it..

If you don't see the correlation, you're blind..
Blacks also only make up 12-13% of this country. I think this nation is over 60% caucasian to this day.

I don't think enough blacks support quality hiphop, but we support out own music in different ways.

I do agree that hiphop fans (whether black or white) should control our own music once again and push the mindless watered down garbage out of hiphop.

Just like back in the late 80's when you needed skills or talent to get love in hiphop.
 5 years ago '07        #112
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,836 | Props total: 2103 2103
This is old news tho. The black man sells out for the money. I said this 10 years ago when I saw Snoop on a Justin Timberlake track. Can you really blame em for sellin out? Look at all that cheeze............I dont see Scarface on the Forbes.
 5 years ago '10        #113
BBhiphop 523 heat pts523
space
space
 jp morgan said:
Clicked on that, then saw this

Macklemore now this......Yeah ain't gonna be any brothas in this game getting light in a few years other than a token few.
Logic's half black though
 5 years ago '04        #114
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,368 | Props total: 6382 6382
so people are afraid that there are the same amount of white people making noise as there were 10 years ago

its not like bubba sparxx and paul wall are relevant to the mass like they used to be

where is asher roth
 5 years ago '06        #115
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,634 | Props total: 8565 8565
hiphop is dead but rap with live on longer.

its just the way it is for every genre of music.

but you can still be relevant and make good money.

hiphop already laid its mark in music history forever.
 5 years ago '04        #116
toonice12 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,284 | Props total: 1125 1125
And you wonder why we stick to underground as long as we can. To much water downed sh*t out here.
 5 years ago '13        #117
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
He keeping it real.

Im not trying to say that hip-hop being white is bad because music should break barriers and untie people.

But more or less he means it is being too watered down and commercialized.

Which is sad as fu*k to me!
 5 years ago '13        #118
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 toonice12 said:
And you wonder why we stick to underground as long as we can. To much water downed sh*t out here.

I made a Madlib and Jay Dilla thread. Those things was left way drier than I thought they would be though.
 5 years ago '06        #119
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
You can say the Urban Communities havent supported their artist and to an extent that is partially true.

However, its not like White ppl dont download music either. A lot of the Urban community doesnt Dl music off the internet. IF anything they still get their Bootlegg CD's from Bootleggers. Maybee the black college students know how to get stuff of the net but a lot of Urban folks dont know how or have the means to do so.

Also, Lets not act like there is no truth to what Scarface said. You have Powerful old , White, and Jewish executives, out of touch with the community that the music comes from, who dictate who gets signed and what music is pushed and played.

Denying that is absurd. Lets not act like during the Motown Era they werent doing the same thing. Signing white R&B Groups that sound like blacks or Putting white Artist on the cover of Black Groups albums.

This isnt a new phenomenon that Face is Describing.

And Black ppl cant support music that doesn't exist or they dont know exist or isnt what they want.
 04-25-2013, 03:52 PM         #120
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
black people are too accommodating and good natured... thats the real problem. We're people of the Sun, the true people of the earth. Even when we invaded Europe (Iberia) we built up the country, unlike the white man who invaded, enslaved and destroyed.

We let everybody in to enjoy the fruits of our labour and now we reap the consequences. They do say nice guys finish last

They try to make out that the black man is the biggest danger to society. When they're the ones supplying you with poison, whether it be drugs/guns in your community, poison in your food etc etc. They're the ones dropping bombs, embarking on drone attacks on helpless civilizians. Stealing countries livelihoods, enslaving entire countries (yes in present day)

But yet, the black man is the biggest danger to society :/
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago