Scarface Says "Hip Hop Is White Now," Blames Record Executives

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
106 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #61
BBhiphop 523 heat pts523
space
space
$17,052 | Props total: 20263 20263
btw didn't Scarface say he would only do another Geto Boys album if Rick Rubin produced it?
and wasn't a lot of his other sh*t produced by Mike Dean?

5 years ago '04        #62
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 BBhiphop said:
btw didn't Scarface say he would only do another Geto Boys album if Rick Rubin produced it?
and wasn't a lot of his other sh*t produced by Mike Dean?

he also said he wouldn't get on a track with em because he thinks that he couldn't keep up
 5 years ago '07        #63
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,971 | Props total: 5898 5898
 5 years ago '05        #64
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 BBhiphop said:
true...but what's the problem than?...Average fans get what they want via big labels...the hiphop lovers get what they want via a ton of smaller labels...

people act like its natural for the music industry (which is called industry because they're doing BUSINESS) to focus on a niche market rather than the big audience...I never understood this whole argument...
Not really "focusing", but maybe expecting equal coverage regarding exposure.

Based on that decision of focusing on the "big audience" that would be justification as to why sh*t like Rap City and YO MTV Raps have been vamooosed the fu*k off of television.

So as an average consumer I got to rely on 106 and Park where every black rapper looks the same and talks about the same sh*t to find out what's the latest. I mean damn.

I did see what you said about the listerners needing to change tho, and I agree with that 100%.
 5 years ago '10        #65
BBhiphop 523 heat pts523
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
Not really "focusing", but maybe expecting equal coverage regarding exposure.

Based on that decision of focusing on the "big audience" that would be justification as to why sh*t like Rap City and YO MTV Raps have been vamooosed the fu*k off of television.

So as an average consumer I got to rely on 106 and Park where every black rapper looks the same and talks about the same sh*t to find out what's the latest. I mean damn.

I did see what you said about the listerners needing to change tho, and I agree with that 100%.
well, we live in a time where you don't have to rely on 106 & Park anymore, not even on TV anymore...that's the nice thing
 04-25-2013, 01:13 PM         #66
SouLow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people listen to what they want, I dont even know anyone that still listens to the radio
 5 years ago '12        #67
Southwick 
space
space
$2,622 | Props total: 396 396
Of course it is. Like I've been saying on here. Everything we do is European.
 5 years ago '12        #68
PrimeLamboJr. 163 heat pts163
space
space
$11,322 | Props total: 7344 7344
After Reading This I Was Like then I Was Like At The End. But I Agree with what He Said it Seems Like There Is An Agaenda To Push rappers Without Much Substance In Their Raps, probably Because They Might Be Slow and The White Execs Think They Can Capitalize Off of that In a Business Sense.
 5 years ago '05        #69
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,254 | Props total: 9706 9706
 ballergenetics said:
No, but they sign, promote them in the forefront.
When's the last time one of your n*gga friends bought a Mos Def or Roots album?
 5 years ago '10        #70
BBhiphop 523 heat pts523
space
space
 614FACE said:
some of yall are confused. he's not talking about white artist or white fans, he's talking about white exec's that have no knowledge, passion or business of this culture that dictate more then they should. honestly its just something else that was stolen by the white man for personal gains. im pretty sure the same thing was said about rock music years ago. Michael Jackson (and countless others) have said the same sh*t about black music being run by whites.

as far as who's fault it is? thats questionable, but one thing for sure when it comes business, economics and power they are not gonna let no n*ggaz have more power then they do.

we can look at history and make those a.ssumptions. all white people aint bad, but some of you are blind to how this sh*t works, and in denial of the effects. this sh*t is deeper that rap music and it always has been.
you think it would be a lot different if it were black people that were the execs? like I said, it's a BUSINESS...since when are the big bosses concerned with sh*t besides how much it earns them...regardless of skin color

I know for a fact that there were BLACK label executives from Def Jam at Trinidad James concerts before his signing...
 5 years ago '10        #71
BBhiphop 523 heat pts523
space
space
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Hip hop got whitewashed during the Ringtone Rap era. Around the time Crank that soulja boy came out. It was all over from there. I think that was like 2006, 2007.

The street aspect of hip hop is completely gone.
I believe every single deal or whatever Soulja Boy ever got was via a black executive

people always need to make it about race
 5 years ago '10        #72
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,665 | Props total: 4512 4512
 bigree61 said:
I bet my life I have more money than you and your dad

like I said keep try n to be "tough" or whatever it is you are going for because I am not the guy would get it off with in person

it has to hurt to know everything I say is all facts
another poor mans post
 5 years ago '05        #73
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
LOL @ people pretending white people weren't the majority of fans supporting rap in the first place.

The revisionist history on Boxden is spectacular.
 5 years ago '04        #74
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
No, but they sign, promote them in the forefront.
He got signed because he was getting a lot of YouTube views. Who would t sign somebody off of that from a buisness standpoint
 5 years ago '05        #75
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
Got a black friend who bought GKMC...
That's a small victory for the n*ggasphere.
 5 years ago '10        #76
BBhiphop 523 heat pts523
space
space
also look at places where hiphop is getting exposure now...

I'm willing to bet good money on it that most places on the internet where DECENT hiphop gets exposure & where classics/legends still get attention are run by white people...the 'real hip hop heads' who get hated on all the time because they 'live in the past'

*insert you mad smiley here*, yes I'm mad
 5 years ago '10        #77
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,665 | Props total: 4512 4512
 WCIB said:
LOL @ people pretending white people weren't the majority of fans supporting rap in the first place.

The revisionist history on Boxden is spectacular.
I wonder about this sometimes because most of wu-tang fans are white
 5 years ago '05        #78
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 ballergenetics said:
Most of the complaints stem from wack artists making 10x's as much as legit artists. Party music will ALWAYS sell the best, and I ain't even mad. The music doesn't have to be this bad though. Club/party records ain't be this bad, since ?
That's not true. Eminem is proof you can sell without a dance track if you're the right color.
 5 years ago '04        #79
space
space
 BBhiphop said:
I believe every single deal or whatever Soulja Boy ever got was via a black executive

people always need to make it about race
i think Colipark signed soulja

And soulja was getting buzz before the deal too
 5 years ago '10        #80
BBhiphop 523 heat pts523
space
space
 Matt504 said:
care to enlighten us on whom those "Black" label executives might have been by name?
dunno most of the names anymore, but def Chris Atlas

edit: I believe Q-Tip spoke on this matter as well
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
163 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy