Phat ass white girl for real
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
96 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #341
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
truth serum
 5 years ago '10        #342
Withit 1 heat pts
space
space
$533 | Props total: 0 0
 savagechico said:
Half of the black people that listen to hip hop nowadays don't give a fu*k about scarface. They rather listen to Wayne, Drake, Future, Tyga, Kirko, etc. there's no denying Face got a black fan base, but I guarantee you that most of his fans r white. & this is coming from a Latino. fu*k this n*gga bringing race into all this. Smh.
boyyyyyyyyy did you even read the article.

I don't think you get it
 04-26-2013, 01:36 PM         #343
HugeBBC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ya'll f*gs said:
Sorry but, it's not the white people who are k!lling hip hop. It's the Rick Rosses the Futures the Gucci Manes the Soulja Boi Tellums the rappers who glorify selling 'white' are destroying hip hop.

The fans of hip hop are destroying hip hop because they don't demand anything better. Stop telling yourself 2 Chainz is a good rapper. There's a reason he couldn't get signed until he was in his mid-30s - rap has lacked talent for the past 10 years and running.

Very Underrated Post. +1

Most rappers aren't even trying anymore.
 5 years ago '05        #344
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,300 | Props total: 5487 5487
 joeysicko said:
Just cuz it aint gangsta rap doesn't make it quality. Biggie was gangsta rap and he was this artform at its purest. These artists are trash. That's the issue, the majors are funding loud, catchy trash.
You missed my point completely. The best gangsta sh!t from the 90's is classic. I grew up in the 90's I know what the f#ck I'm talking about.

My point was that Scarface is ignoring that black people are making independent Hip-Hop that is typically more ignorant, violent, misogynistic, scandalous etc without any white/jewish executive involvement whatsoever. Which makes his point completely invalid. See GBE, Trinidad James, etc.

Most major label Rap album releases are cleaner than what's being put out independently on sites like Worldstar.

I wasn't saying that gangsta sh!t isn't Hip-Hop, or that it ain't what's hot.

My point is that Scarface is just bitter and he's 'blaming whitey.'

Ultimately these Exec's would put out 'conscious/positive Hip-Hop' if it moved units. The recording industry is just a business. It's less political than you think. It just comes down to dollars and cents like any other industry.

If Dead Prez, Immortal Technique and Talib Kweli were going platinum, then the industry would start pushing conscious Hip-Hop again. In the late 80's/early 90's Public Enemy was going multi-Platinum and the majors were promoting positive, conscious Rap music... then NWA blew up and changed the game, and the rest is history.

The industry is just trying to make $. If black artists don't want to get exploited, they don't have to. It's a free country.... the 'conspiracy theories' around the intentionally perpetuated ignorance in Rap are mostly a bunch of duck tales. It's just a business that's trying to feed consumers what they desire.
 04-26-2013, 01:44 PM         #345
youdug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and to think... i used to like scarface..
hip hop is still hip hop.
you want hip hop face? make some. record execs dont control what you do.
theres still mad people making hip hop. it doesnt get pushed on the radio but who cares?
this fu*kin lame clearly dont know sh*t about hip hop.
i mean he is from texas... texas aint fu*kin hip hop.
the people who are selling today with this bullsh*t is what the new corny a.ss generation (at least the majority) likes.
has nothing to do with white or black. has to do with the new bi*ch made generation (the majority at least).
fu*k scarface. dude thinks hes kickin knowledge when all hes doin is kickin up the same sorry a.ss racism "oh the white man holdin us down" bullsh*t. make some hip hop if you want some.

Last edited by youdug; 04-26-2013 at 01:48 PM..
 04-26-2013, 01:48 PM         #346
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
22 pages

5 years ago '04        #347
eddiefizzle 133 heat pts133
space
space
$2,791 | Props total: 506 506
White people run all aspects of the world, please dont act like this is news to any of you. Carry on.
 5 years ago '06        #348
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,630 | Props total: 2329 2329
A lot of feelings getting hurt in this thread, but it's soooo necessary. The people who truly love this culture & artform, need to hold it accountable. Some of the hardest sh1t to hear are the things you need to hear the most. Good discussion in here. THIS is one of the reasons I started to come here regularly.

04-26-2013, 02:00 PM         #349
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love Face...

But there's no way around the fact that all these rappers complaining are the ones who are now old, not hot anymore, and can't sell...

And for some reason, seem genuienly confused as to why the Youth(teens thru 20's) don't wanna hear 40 year old Millionaires still talk about the hood and the streets and how hard the struggle is.

Every single generation does the same thing... Gets older and doesn't understand why the Younger generation ain't on the sh*t they were on.

This is as old as time.

5 years ago '12        #350
Elgz 
space
space
space
$229 | Props total: 26 26
 TheMindOf said:
Blame n*ggas for not buying music..

There's one thing that dictates what happens in all music..

[pic - click to view]

They know that the concept of buying music, has become a running joke to a big majority of the urban community and youth..

So why the labels spend money to cater to them? They gon cater to those white folks who are gonna take their iTunes gift cards and actually buy some sh*t..

When black folks had no choice but to buy music, we controlled and dictated our own culture.. Now that we don't, we've lost it..

If you don't see the correlation, you're blind..
this nig knows wussup
 5 years ago '05        #351
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
Hip Hop for blacks is dead. Been dead. No one wants to hear about k!llin cops and k!lling other people just cuz they aint ride with your clique anymore.
Times were different...Society doesnt allow for that to be mainstream.
The people who are buying the music are and will always be white. Lets be real. Nothing racist about it. So of course those money hungry jews are going to cater to whatever sells.
Dont just blame the Jews. Blame some artist for selling out and crossing over.
Lil Wayne doing songs with David Guetta? Jay Z n Cold Play? and people really act surprised.
Hate it or love it the Jews on top.
 5 years ago '05        #352
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
 TheMindOf said:
Blame n*ggas for not buying music..

There's one thing that dictates what happens in all music..

[pic - click to view]

They know that the concept of buying music, has become a running joke to a big majority of the urban community and youth..

So why the labels spend money to cater to them? They gon cater to those white folks who are gonna take their iTunes gift cards and actually buy some sh*t..

When black folks had no choice but to buy music, we controlled and dictated our own culture.. Now that we don't, we've lost it..

If you don't see the correlation, you're blind..
 5 years ago '10        #353
Bandito 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$4,865 | Props total: 7108 7108
 Young_Impetuous said:
When the TRUTH is, if the civil war hadn't played out as it did, y'all would probably still be callin n*ggas 2/3 of a human being by law.
You do know that was the abolitionists idea to count slaves as 2/3.
 5 years ago '10        #354
Bandito 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$4,865 | Props total: 7108 7108
 yumflip said:
Hip hop is in a weird space. The audience doesn't reflect the heart of the culture. Make no mistake about it, hip hop is an urban Black male art form at it's heart. From it's inception, it's sole purpose was to give a cultural & artistic voice to the Black male perspective. Nothing else. Once it started to sell outside of it's intended demographic, it was quickly co-opted. And just like every other form of music created by Black Americans (rock/blues/jazz being the most notable), it as been slowly tailored to appeal to a larger, i.e. White audience. But the core audience & artists have allowed the music to go that way. Once "gangsta rap" found a voice, the audience went head first into it. The lesser talented artists figured out very quickly that the peripheral audience will gravitate towards the aesthetics of "gangsta rap" and not towards the music that spoke to the issues that "gangsta rap" was birthed from. As "gangsta rap" gained a stronger foothold on the culture as a whole, a door was opened for the negative aspects of hip hop to prosper. As they prospered, it became evident that FINANCIALLY they were more solvent that their positive counterparts. At the end of the day it is first and foremost a business. As sad as it is, the days of hip hop giving a Black American male perspective are rolling towards extinction. And once it does, I'll stick to 80's/90's hip hop & soul music.
There's a lot of Puerto Ricans and others who helped create Hip Hop, it was never
just a Black thing.
 5 years ago '04        #356
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,771 | Props total: 1092 1092
Man y'all going in!

First off all y'all clapping about the money aspect need to realize that if you put enough money behind an artist/song it will be hot. If a song plays enough on the radio people WILL like it. Why do you think people engaged in Payola? They ain't going to waste money if it won't get them results. Being dope doesn't mean you sell. You sell if enough people hear you and you are packaged right.

If Drake was still independent making the same songs you think he would have blown up like this? No by a.ssociation with Lil Wayne and the financial push of Cash Money made him blow. Same with Nicki and to a smaller extent Tyga's lame a.ss.

Also Hip Hop has always been consumed by more whites but the core of the culture was always dictated by blacks until we sold it out in the 90s. Honestly the era of Bad Boy and death Row is where the rap part of Hip Hop sold it's soul to platinum plaques and worldwide fame.
 5 years ago '10        #357
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
 Eminence Grise said:
When hip-hop was black, what did they do with it? Use it at a platform to glorify all the ills of the black community. Not to mention, rappers didn't even know how to get paid when hip-hop was just a black thing. Fools putting out classic albums that go triple platinum and still struggling to make ends meet. But now, rappers aren't dropping classics, but they are sure as hell getting paid now because rappers finally understand how to be businessmen instead of artists. Only people complaining about the state of hip-hop now are that poor **** community who wanna see rappers glorify the ills of the black community and stay broke to so-called "keep it real."
Gloriying and speaking on a issue are to different things. Now the ills of the black community are being glorified, before they were being spoke on.... Your post is so fu*ked up you gotta be trolling. When you go to sleep just be happy you white and dont try to act black or pretend to understand the struggle cause you dont

Tikyle2 said:
Man y'all going in!

First off all y'all clapping about the money aspect need to realize that if you put enough money behind an artist/song it will be hot. If a song plays enough on the radio people WILL like it. Why do you think people engaged in Payola? They ain't going to waste money if it won't get them results. Being dope doesn't mean you sell. You sell if enough people hear you and you are packaged right.

If Drake was still independent making the same songs you think he would have blown up like this? No by a.ssociation with Lil Wayne and the financial push of Cash Money made him blow. Same with Nicki and to a smaller extent Tyga's lame a.ss.

Also Hip Hop has always been consumed by more whites but the core of the culture was always dictated by blacks until we sold it out in the 90s. Honestly the era of Bad Boy and death Row is where the rap part of Hip Hop sold it's soul to platinum plaques and worldwide fame.

Otherwise I didnt read all 20 but it would seem that bx had a 20+ page thread with out a race war on a race issue... i feel proud
 5 years ago '10        #358
Withit 1 heat pts
space
space
$533 | Props total: 0 0
 HugeBBC said:

Very Underrated Post. +1

Most rappers aren't even trying anymore.
Yeah, but it is how they market it. That is the point. White people have been sold an idea...an idea of what black and gangster is. I remember when I was HS and all the popular kids wore abercrombie, polo, etc. A lot of them listened to rap, but also rock and a lot of other music. Now, all the popular kids are dressing gangster and only listen to lil wayne. The music was purposely dumbed down for them so they could understand it.

Black people could understand Scarface, Nas, Old Jay, Jadakiss easily, because it was natural.

Now they are rapping about dumb sh*t and these white kids (I am white) are like "oh yeah now I understand this" Because it is simple to understand. No soul, no culture...they collab with country singers, lady gaga, and keisha....and it makes me more sense to them

However, you have a market flooded garbage music and other rappers can't break through...

I am a fan of all music, even country...and they same thing happened to that genre...there used to be some talented artists who made it on the radio back in the day...now if you arent taylor swift or carrie underwood....you ain't making it! The people that love country don't understand or relate to their music anymore and this is the same thing with hiphop

This also happened to R&B....

Now R&B, rap, pop, rock, and country sound almost identical. There is no genres anymore. There is only popular music....
 5 years ago '04        #359
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,771 | Props total: 1092 1092
If you want to see a the personification of Hip Hop selling out just look at Cee Lo. Listen to Soul Food and Still Standing. "The ****** Experience" or any other track. Now look at that _____ today. He sold out. He stop f!ghting the good f!ght and said "fu*k it, I'll go super duper mainstream and just cash these checks." He even got Goodie Mob trying to make more pop sh*t just to rebrand themselves and sell.

Cee Lo is the personification of this discussion. sh*t is disgusting too because he was one of the dopest artists EVER!
 5 years ago '10        #360
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663
 yumflip said:
A lot of feelings getting hurt in this thread, but it's soooo necessary. The people who truly love this culture & artform, need to hold it accountable. Some of the hardest sh1t to hear are the things you need to hear the most. Good discussion in here. THIS is one of the reasons I started to come here regularly.

Tikyle2 said:
Man y'all going in!

Account001 said:
Gloriying and speaking on a issue are to different things. Now the ills of the black community are being glorified, before they were being spoke on.... Your post is so fu*ked up you gotta be trolling. When you go to sleep just be happy you white and dont try to act black or pretend to understand the struggle cause you dont

Otherwise I didnt read all 20 but it would seem that bx had a 20+ page thread with out a race war on a race issue... i feel proud
 Withit said:
Yeah, but it is how they market it. That is the point. White people have been sold an idea...an idea of what black and gangster is. I remember when I was HS and all the popular kids wore abercrombie, polo, etc. A lot of them listened to rap, but also rock and a lot of other music. Now, all the popular kids are dressing gangster and only listen to lil wayne. The music was purposely dumbed down for them so they could understand it.

Black people could understand Scarface, Nas, Old Jay, Jadakiss easily, because it was natural.

Now they are rapping about dumb sh*t and these white kids (I am white) are like "oh yeah now I understand this" Because it is simple to understand. No soul, no culture...they collab with country singers, lady gaga, and keisha....and it makes me more sense to them

However, you have a market flooded garbage music and other rappers can't break through...

I am a fan of all music, even country...and they same thing happened to that genre...there used to be some talented artists who made it on the radio back in the day...now if you arent taylor swift or carrie underwood....you ain't making it! The people that love country don't understand or relate to their music anymore and this is the same thing with hiphop

This also happened to R&B....

Now R&B, rap, pop, rock, and country sound almost identical. There is no genres anymore. There is only popular music....
 Tikyle2 said:
If you want to see a the personification of Hip Hop selling out just look at Cee Lo. Listen to Soul Food and Still Standing. "The ****** Experience" or any other track. Now look at that _____ today. He sold out. He stop f!ghting the good f!ght and said "fu*k it, I'll go super duper mainstream and just cash these checks." He even got Goodie Mob trying to make more pop sh*t just to rebrand themselves and sell.

Cee Lo is the personification of this discussion. sh*t is disgusting too because he was one of the dopest artists EVER!

I love yall guys

very valid point with Cee-Lo, damn good point. Anybody from the south that was a real dungeeon family fan can verify Cee Lo's weird transformation to appease label executives.

The Old Cee Lo >>>> this dress wearing cee lo
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
148 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago