Scarface Says "Hip Hop Is White Now," Blames Record Executives

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #321
zonicview 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,509 | Props total: 732 732
but a white man, Mike Dean made most of Scarface hits
 5 years ago '07        #322
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376

[video - click to view]

Record execs
 04-26-2013, 09:02 AM         #323
JJC NYC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chris daRealist said:
Yup, all that sh*t is documented too... Blacks always blame whites for slavery I say blame the jews, they were the ones sailing the ships!.. And they got us all in slavery today, not just blacks...

Edit: dont get me wrong, the everyday jews is a good person and doesn't have a dam thing to do with this, im talking about the zionist and oligarchs.
"everyday Jews?"
 5 years ago '04        #324
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,387 | Props total: 6420 6420
at the everyday jew
 5 years ago '04        #325
youngd 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$3,285 | Props total: 1085 1085
 Chris daRealist said:
Yup, all that sh*t is documented too... Blacks always blame whites for slavery I say blame the jews, they were the ones sailing the ships!.. And they got us all in slavery today, not just blacks...

Now don't get me wrong, the everyday jews is a good person and doesn't have a dam thing to do with this, im talking about the zionist and oligarchs.
caucus mountain people
 5 years ago '10        #326
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,870 | Props total: 9013 9013
 Bobby's World said:
Oh. Lol That makes me feel a little better bout the situation then.

Not too much tho. Its still the same point, if this sh*t boiled down to skills and surviving on the chitterling circuit just performing from one black venue to the next black venue...the Chief Keefs, Boosie Bad Azzes, Gucci Guwops, Ricky Rozays, would run this sh*t.

All these lyrical/content based emcees would struggle. Why? The majority of current black youth can give two fu*ks about that lyrical/content based sh*t. The biggest reason music based on the "craft" survives is because of white fan money. It is what it is and been that way since fu*kin Muddy Waters and the day this sh*t becomes one sided and "EMCEES"...key word EMCEES start lookin more and more like Logic, Macklemore, Mac Miller and so on its a wrap for black people being the face of some sh*t they created. And this is what Mr. Scarface was eluding to when emphasized KEEPING THE "CRAFT".

Its happened to Rock n Roll (Elvis), Jazz (Kenny G), R&B (Justin Timberlake), and now fu*king Soul (Adele).
If muthafu*kaz think it cant happen and its not happening to Hip Hop, ur just being naive. And white fans are cool, white people are cool there's nothing wrong with them supporting what they like, I support what the fu*k I like. But I'm informed I know where to get what I want and I care about the quality of what I'm paying for. Hell I'm even willing to pay...can we say the same for majority of black audiences? fu*k no. Not unless you can swag it out, stunt to, or get ratchet to it...and paying for that is a maybe.
All good points, I think the nonsense in the music industry needs to be wiped out.

Thank goodness for emcees like Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Wale, Curren$y, Freddie Gibbs, etc b/c most black "rappers" would rather rap like Travis Porter for a cheap buck nowdays
 5 years ago '10        #327
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,870 | Props total: 9013 9013
 Chris daRealist said:

Now don't get me wrong, the everyday jews is a good person and doesn't have a dam thing to do with this, im talking about the zionist and oligarchs.
I agree, it's not every Jew, its the greedy zionists that try to monopolize on everything
 5 years ago '07        #328
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,385 | Props total: 16063 16063
 TheMindOf said:
Blame n*ggas for not buying music..

There's one thing that dictates what happens in all music..

[pic - click to view]

They know that the concept of buying music, has become a running joke to a big majority of the urban community and youth..

So why the labels spend money to cater to them? They gon cater to those white folks who are gonna take their iTunes gift cards and actually buy some sh*t..

When black folks had no choice but to buy music, we controlled and dictated our own culture.. Now that we don't, we've lost it..

If you don't see the correlation, you're blind..
I wonder why we dont buy music tho... cause we bought music when it was good ...
 5 years ago '11        #329
Teknishen04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,364 | Props total: 236 236
One of the greatest. This man knows what the fu*k he's talking about.

04-26-2013, 09:31 AM         #330
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Walmart said:
I agree, it's not every Jew, its the greedy zionists that try to monopolize on everything
I agree with that
 5 years ago '04        #331
slapaho 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,301 | Props total: 2497 2497
half yall aint even blac speakin on wtf blac people buy.
you needa stop confusin theo huxtables of the world with n*ggas who in the struggle
its a reason dead prez isnt on tv or even mentioned on mainstream radio.
or why you see riff raff or mac miller on tv more than tech n9ne or crooked i or slaugherhouse

just cuz a handful of suburb n*ggas or dummies like b00ty dance music doesnt speak for us all. and scarface said if he ever does another geto boys album it would be done by ric rubin..so whats that say about how he views on race are? he said the truth mad ppl think but wont admit. mac miller isnt the beastie boys and blac ppl supported them when it wasnt even a common thing in hiphop to see white mc's. learn some history and youd realize hiphop is being gentrified.

the sh*tty rappers out now are out for a reason 15 yrs ago you couldnt use the argument that _____ or _____ is what blac ppl like cuz normally these were one hit wonders nobody cared about cuz u didnt have to it was actual dope mcs out and being promoted on radio and tv.

Last edited by slapaho; 04-26-2013 at 09:40 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #332
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,524 | Props total: 949 949
 5 years ago '06        #333
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,125 | Props total: 4710 4710
It doesn't matter if your chain is platinum
It's what you is average, you would not be mentioned with the greatest rappers
Hip hop is like Egypt, reduced from it's greatness to sadness
The industry's enemy troops that's invading our palace
They steal our culture, desecrate our sculptures and claim
The best rapper's the complexion of the Roman leader known as Caeser

I don't believe 'em, I seek knowledge, the Brand Nubian
The soul of Pete Rock, the vibe of the Tribe
Heart of GangStarr, the braves of Diggin' In the Crates
I'm Kool like Moe Dee, vocally I innovate Annotate
 5 years ago '09        #334
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
 zonicview said:
but a white man, Mike Dean made most of Scarface hits
You missed his point. It's actually funny and fitting that this thread is 22 pages because some of the worst and most ignorant sh*t in hip hop is what does numbers on this site any more.
 5 years ago '07        #335
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,954 | Props total: 5869 5869
 joeysicko said:
The thing about it is, rappers like any other profession are not only in it for the love but for the financial gain. The brainwashing comes from seeing soljah boy, chief keef, Gucci, etc get tons of marketing push and radio play and making all the bread. You have talent but u tailor your style to fit the profitable mold. Hip Hop used to be a sounding board for a culture and a struggle, now its a cess pool of excess and ignorance. Hip hop is not made to challenge or inspire the listener anymore and they say this is a result of hip hop being weaker. Artists can tailor their messages to the audience, but they can't get to the audience without the majors. The majors aren't pumping our excellence anymore, they're fueling our ignorance.
 5 years ago '07        #336
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
white people literally ruin everything outside of their culture
 5 years ago '10        #337
Withit 1 heat pts
space
space
$533 | Props total: 0 0
I am white and I agree. I liked it better when it was black....

I get on here and say how much I hate it now and I get made fun of....

Most of you guys listen to garbage...

Taking the black out of hiphop is like no black players in the NBA...how fu*king boring would that be
 5 years ago '10        #338
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,866 | Props total: 13660 13660
Please let the OG Scarface's words trigger a domino effect that would do hip hop some good

Ra-da-god said:
I was just saying this to my girl the other day and I've dealt with A&R's sh*t is real, when we (black artist) try are shopping our music and trying to get on we are forced into these stereotypes, it has to be something for the clubs or radio, we are encouraged to rap about lives we dont live and sh*t we dont really do but when I white rapper gets on they can be themselves and say what the fu*k they want I listen Macklemore singles a black artist would never get away with that adn get mainstream support without taking MASSIVE ridicule in the processsame sh*t happened with Asher Roth Eminem too when he first started and its disgusting for us to get that type of support we have to be Coons basically.....
riite riiite....

Eminence Grise said:
When hip-hop was black, what did they do with it? Use it at a platform to glorify all the ills of the black community. Not to mention, rappers didn't even know how to get paid when hip-hop was just a black thing. Fools putting out classic albums that go triple platinum and still struggling to make ends meet. But now, rappers aren't dropping classics, but they are sure as hell getting paid now because rappers finally understand how to be businessmen instead of artists. Only people complaining about the state of hip-hop now are that poor **** community who wanna see rappers glorify the ills of the black community and stay broke to so-called "keep it real."

trill spill out the faucet homie....

Chris daRealist said:
Hip hop is too jewish

Jews have a ridiculous monopoly on the entertainment industry. Six companies control over 90% of the media in the u.s. and they're all ran by jews.. music, movies, television, news papers, etc. And these aren't faceless suits, you can goggle them so people should know there enemy.

Don't even get me started on the jews controlling the world economy and politics

way too real my man, too much

vikvon said:

Record execs

Withit said:
I am white and I agree. I liked it better when it was black....

I get on here and say how much I hate it now and I get made fun of....

Most of you guys listen to garbage...

Taking the black out of hiphop is like no black players in the NBA...how fu*king boring would that be
one of the few white boys that know the bizz, much luv homie
 5 years ago '10        #339
Withit 1 heat pts
space
space
$533 | Props total: 0 0
 Trilluminati GA said:
Please let the OG Scarface's words trigger a domino effect that would do hip hop some good

riite riiite....

trill spill out the faucet homie....

way too real my man, too much

one of the few white boys that know the bizz, much luv homie

Man I remember when scarface came out with The Fix...everybody in the school parking lot was bumping that sh*t. Now, that album wouldn't even be carried at Best Buy...

I will never know what is like to be black, nor can I identify with you 100%, but I used to appreciate a lot about the culture. The masculinity, the soul, and pure rawness of it. Now they all wear dresses, and talk about how much the wanna screw gay guys. I cannot stand that pip squeek Macklemore. Or Mac Miller. Drake...hmmmmmm....Wale..Lil Wayne...All of those back pack rappers have destroyed hiphop.

Remember when pop music stations played Third Eyed blind, eve 6, boy bands....?

Now all of the music on there is rap music or songs inspired by rap music and everything got blended together...That is when sh*t go out of hand. I would say this became heavy in 2006.
 04-26-2013, 01:17 PM         #340
savagechico 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Half of the black people that listen to hip hop nowadays don't give a fu*k about scarface. They rather listen to Wayne, Drake, Future, Tyga, Kirko, etc. there's no denying Face got a black fan base, but I guarantee you that most of his fans r white. & this is coming from a Latino. fu*k this n*gga bringing race into all this. Smh.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now