Scarface Says "Hip Hop Is White Now," Blames Record Executives

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
228 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
105 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
159 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #301
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,430 | Props total: 788 788
 WCIB said:
First page!!!

And @ the vigorous cosigns from n*ggas who download sh*t for free proudly!!!
 5 years ago '04        #302
virusrev 
space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 149 149
 slapaho said:
its not even that totally.. fact is music has gradually declined in the last 20 yrs,and when you take into account the roc n roll and blues side its pretty much a repeat of that just a diff genre. someone builds it up and then its sold and the creators no longer have control.
they cant stop the hood but they sure a fuc can try to contain that sh*t.

look at tech n9ne.. 80% of his fan base are white,but he didnt jump into the realm of being known like he is now untill he started messin with ICP. none of these kids gave a sh*t about tech when he came out.
Just wanted to say. I listened to icp since 96 and tech once I heard him on yuks thugged out album.. and the reason why tech messed with icp was because Icp asked juggalos to vote for any artist to perform at the gathering and the majority voted tech. Before that they claimed to have no knowledge of each other. Tech did gain more icp fans but juggalos were huge supporters on tech before the icp, bone thugs, tech tour.

Icp has always repped above the law and Geto boys. Scarface has 2 tracks on icps new album, big hutch is signed, bushwick been rollin with icp for a decade, icp has remade multiple Geto boys tracks and its never really caught on. Too short helped icp get signed with jive in the 90s and he got bood off stage so a.ssociation means nothing.

Last edited by virusrev; 04-26-2013 at 01:57 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #303
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13652 13652
yoooo! I got these white boys str8 mad at a n*gga. Following me into other threads making chicken and waffle momma jokes and sh*t. fu*k yall c*cksuckers feelings
 5 years ago '11        #304
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,229 | Props total: 1218 1218
reading some of this thread, i had that thrift shop song looping in my head..

'Face is right tho. All I listen to is that real sh*t, that's why I dont fu*k with this hip hop section much.. too many of u bi*ches only flock to the next hot n*gga that's out. Boxden fu*ks with mainstream music too much.

Independent>>
 5 years ago '04        #305
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
Truth
 5 years ago '04        #306
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414
 Bobby's World said:
And thats the scary sh*t, Keef dont even need majority white fans to exist. But guess who does?

Put both Keef and Kendrick in the same equation...now remove white people from the equation.

Who has the better chance at surviving during this day and age? Who stopped their album in the middle of a listening party, packed up and left cause they felt no one was listening? Not saying that was an all black crowd, but do you honestly think thats happening at a Chief Keef listening party?

If white people packed up and left today all these lyrical Lupes, Kendricks, Nas, Talibs, Wu Tangs, Sean Ps, etc would be in fu*king trouble. Hell Steve Rifkind said it himself, once he saw a whiteboy skateboarder ride past him rappin Wu Tang lyrics, he knew it was time to sign and let Rza do whatever the fu*k he wanted to do. Look it up for yourself.

that didnt happen that was just a rumor lol
 04-26-2013, 07:11 AM         #307
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SquirtleSquad said:
hip hop been white.

and aint no way dlettern can be a black man, he stay throwin on the cape for white people and throwin black folk under the bus. white folk choose to sign and promote these rappers, dont blame black people.

mufu*ka prolly look like

[pic - click to view]

Ha, I ain't Black cuz I speak the truth? My Blackness is not based on my connection to ignorance. Its actually the complete opposite. We are obviously not cut from the same cloth.

I'm guessing you also feel White people signed Keef and TJ before Black people were reciting "pop a molly....." Stop your bloodclot crying

Last edited by dlettern; 04-26-2013 at 07:14 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #308
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
I was just saying this to my girl the other day and I've dealt with A&R's sh*t is real, when we (black artist) try are shopping our music and trying to get on we are forced into these stereotypes, it has to be something for the clubs or radio, we are encouraged to rap about lives we dont live and sh*t we dont really do but when I white rapper gets on they can be themselves and say what the fu*k they want I listen Macklemore singles a black artist would never get away with that adn get mainstream support without taking MASSIVE ridicule in the processsame sh*t happened with Asher Roth Eminem too when he first started and its disgusting for us to get that type of support we have to be Coons basically.....
 5 years ago '04        #309
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,362 | Props total: 6375 6375
so did this thread turn into some race war stupid sh!t yet?

because seriously everybody is the blame for this
 5 years ago '05        #310
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 240 240
wait hip hop is white now? it wasn't before? excuse me, but i thought the main consumers of hip hop music were white people...
 5 years ago '04        #311
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,362 | Props total: 6375 6375
 Eminence Grise said:
When hip-hop was black, what did they do with it? Use it at a platform to glorify all the ills of the black community. Not to mention, rappers didn't even know how to get paid when hip-hop was just a black thing. Fools putting out classic albums that go triple platinum and still struggling to make ends meet. But now, rappers aren't dropping classics, but they are sure as hell getting paid now because rappers finally understand how to be businessmen instead of artists. Only people complaining about the state of hip-hop now are that poor **** community who wanna see rappers glorify the ills of the black community and stay broke to so-called "keep it real."
this is going to bring hell in a ham basket

boxden dictionary
 5 years ago '05        #312
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,176 | Props total: 11710 11710
No way I'm reading thru 20 pages of this sh*t
 5 years ago '05        #313
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,727 | Props total: 157 157
Makes sense but regardless of what he says. The public chooses what they want to listen to and who's cd they. Not to mention if a song or cd is horrible...the average n*gga wont listen to it. So hes right for the most part but it still on the individual an lets be real...how many black ppl do you know that still go buy cds? Im sure white teens buy more rap cds than black teens and most of the n*ggas 25 an up dont fu*k wit the new dudes enough these days to buy they sh*t anyway. So at the end of the day if the rappers sign deals that give up alot of creative control an all that..its they own fault bc they always got the option of doing it all themselves the indie way but when they see that major label check they loose they minds an the average n*gga would.
 5 years ago '05        #314
the407problem 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 231 231
for the record im white and i care about the culture. that's why i say "fu*k the radio" non-stop
 5 years ago '10        #315
joeysicko 
space
space
$457 | Props total: 61 61
The thing about it is, rappers like any other profession are not only in it for the love but for the financial gain. The brainwashing comes from seeing soljah boy, chief keef, Gucci, etc get tons of marketing push and radio play and making all the bread. You have talent but u tailor your style to fit the profitable mold. Hip Hop used to be a sounding board for a culture and a struggle, now its a cess pool of excess and ignorance. Hip hop is not made to challenge or inspire the listener anymore and they say this is a result of hip hop being weaker. Artists can tailor their messages to the audience, but they can't get to the audience without the majors. The majors aren't pumping our excellence anymore, they're fueling our ignorance.
 5 years ago '10        #316
joeysicko 
space
space
$457 | Props total: 61 61
 ice wolf said:
Yet when black unsigned Rappers release free mixtapes without any record label involvement whatsoever the content is typically more ignorant, misogynistic, and violent in comparison to the major label releases governed by 'white/Jewish Executives.'

Black people need more accountability.

Nobody put a gun to Chief Keef's head and told him to record 'I dont' like.'

If anything Rap is WAY softer now than it was in the 90's, (when Scarface was releasing hits that were more violent that what's being put out now.)

Look at the biggest names in Rap right now .... Drake, J Cole, Wiz, Ye, A$AP, Kendrick, Nikki, Wayne etc. The majority of the most popular Rappers out now ain't even 'Gangsta Rap.'

Scarface just sounds bitter cuz his careers been over for a minute now, and he's not making the type of checks he was pulling in 15 years ago. When all else fails, blame whitey.
Just cuz it aint gangsta rap doesn't make it quality. Biggie was gangsta rap and he was this artform at its purest. These artists are trash. That's the issue, the majors are funding loud, catchy trash.
 5 years ago '05        #317
Super-C 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,437 | Props total: 1 1
Wasnt bi*chin when whites were buyin his sh*t......I do see what he sayin though
 5 years ago '05        #318
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 DSOM said:
that didnt happen that was just a rumor lol
Oh. Lol That makes me feel a little better bout the situation then.

Not too much tho. Its still the same point, if this sh*t boiled down to skills and surviving on the chitterling circuit just performing from one black venue to the next black venue...the Chief Keefs, Boosie Bad Azzes, Gucci Guwops, Ricky Rozays, would run this sh*t.

All these lyrical/content based emcees would struggle. Why? The majority of current black youth can give two fu*ks about that lyrical/content based sh*t. The biggest reason music based on the "craft" survives is because of white fan money. It is what it is and been that way since fu*kin Muddy Waters and the day this sh*t becomes one sided and "EMCEES"...key word EMCEES start lookin more and more like Logic, Macklemore, Mac Miller and so on its a wrap for black people being the face of some sh*t they created. And this is what Mr. Scarface was eluding to when emphasized KEEPING THE "CRAFT".

Its happened to Rock n Roll (Elvis), Jazz (Kenny G), R&B (Justin Timberlake), and now fu*king Soul (Adele). If muthafu*kaz think it cant happen and its not happening to Hip Hop, ur just being naive. And white fans are cool, white people are cool there's nothing wrong with them supporting what they like, I support what the fu*k I like. But I'm informed I know where to get what I want and I care about the quality of what I'm paying for. Hell I'm even willing to pay...can we say the same for majority of black audiences? fu*k no. Not unless you can swag it out, stunt to, or get ratchet to it...and paying for that is a maybe.
 04-26-2013, 08:26 AM         #319
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chris daRealist said:
Hip hop is too jewish

Jews have a ridiculous monopoly on the entertainment industry. Six companies control over 90% of the media in the u.s. and they're all ran by jews.. music, movies, television, news papers, etc. And these aren't faceless suits, you can goggle them so people should know there enemy.

Don't even get me started on the jews controlling the world economy and politics
98% of slave ships during the diaspora were owned by the 'johnny come lately' jews

but lets not get Anti-Semitic here
 04-26-2013, 08:51 AM         #320
JJC NYC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree and disagree. First off, I'm Black and Jewish so that has nothing to do with the validity of his argument. I agree with the record company execs being detached from the culture and not caring. I dont think there is a conspiracy to make black people look dumb. I think the execs just watch what artist or sound generates the most interest and throw that on the a.ssembly line. They genuinely don't give a rats a.ss either way. If the most ignorant person generates that, well guess what you will get a 1000 little rappers looking and sounding like.

The execs certainly don't value talent because 85% of the new artist have none, they have marketability which is capitalized. I could go on and on about this.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
57 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
18 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
17 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
101 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
30 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy