most viewed right now
NFL Sunday Night Football: Dallas Cowboys Vs. Oakland Raiders Gameday Thread
860 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
64 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #261
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 SeanP said:
"Pretty soon hip-hop won't be so nice
No Ice Cube, just Vanilla Ice
And you will sit and scream and cuss
But there's no one ta blame... but US..."

Ice Cube - US [1991]

Powerful post. You got the propz now mayne...
 5 years ago '06        #262
vinceisallin 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,844 | Props total: 1756 1756
 mR ReZiW said:
Rap stays with negative messages, glorifying gang culture and the prison industry, drug, alcohol industry makes a k!lling. Thats just a tip of the iceberg of the factions that profit from the negative messages in rap

Black people spend the most in the economy, mostly due to subliminal messages programmed into them.

Your post is naive
Black people spend the most huh? Bc of subliminal messages? Do you always wear a tin foil hat?
 5 years ago '04        #263
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 ash1990 said:
Interscope gave Kendrick Lamar that push, enough said
Before HE was major, Section 80 couldn't sell more than 30k
Did he change his style up? Did he go the Lil Wayne route? Not at all. You're proving my point.

He was dope from day 1, he appealed to fans, he got signed and pushed and now he's a huge success and everyone wants him on their songs.

So no, you don't have to be Chief Keef to get signed. You don't have to compromise nor stifle your art.
 5 years ago '05        #264
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 RYLNYC said:
Did he change his style up? Did he go the Lil Wayne route? Not at all. You're proving my point.

He was dope from day 1, he appealed to fans, he got signed and pushed and now he's a huge success and everyone wants him on their songs.

So no, you don't have to be Chief Keef to get signed. You don't have to compromise nor stifle your art.
Please answer this

Out of both artist Kendrick and Keef who do you think has the largest white fan base?

Out of both artist Kendrick and Keef, who had the most successful selling debut?

And this thread is about what again?
 04-25-2013, 07:40 PM         #265
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cankstoochie said:
racist
Is what you are when you call white people out on their bullsh*t.

The culture is white though. The best female artist is a fu*king joke and Eminem is in the top 5 when the only reason people too notice was because he was white.

Also.... Its funny how people will say rap is negative and then when someone like Macklemore comes along he's like the Messiah..

Same sh*t happened to Rock N Roll. The average black kid has no idea black folks made it.
 5 years ago '09        #266
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,087 | Props total: 8878 8878
 RYLNYC said:

Cheif Keef didn't have Dr.dre cosign,

Even Obie Trice debut album went Platinum

04-25-2013, 07:53 PM         #267
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 vinceisallin said:
Black people spend the most huh? Bc of subliminal messages? Do you always wear a tin foil hat?
A Nielsen study conducted earlier this year determined that Black people have the strongest spending power of any other race in America. Blacks spend enough to be the 16th largest country in the world.

that subliminal messaging is called advertising

im out.... w/ my tinfoil hat
 5 years ago '05        #268
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 mR ReZiW said:
A Nielsen study conducted earlier this year determined that Black people have the strongest spending power of any other race in America. Blacks spend enough to be the 16th largest country in the world.

that subliminal messaging is called advertising

im out.... w/ my tinfoil hat
They just dont spend as much money on music as white people. Lol!
 04-25-2013, 08:07 PM         #269
ralph lauren 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whites are the devil

im convinced after reading page 1
 5 years ago '06        #270
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
Please answer this

Out of both artist Kendrick and Keef who do you think has the largest white fan base?

Out of both artist Kendrick and Keef, who had the most successful selling debut?

Did you just compare Kendrick to keef? I'm wondering what the topic was again?!?

Only point to be made about there sells should be skill, nothing to debunk. Kendrick is just good, keef is a retard 15 year old, and one hit wonder
 5 years ago '06        #271
SharpenUrSword 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,077 | Props total: 4425 4425
Music has become sh*t in alot of genres, still plenty of good music.
 5 years ago '11        #272
Jay Lee 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,642 | Props total: 1376 1376
Beautiful
 5 years ago '10        #273
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,878 | Props total: 13674 13674
 Root Of Evil said:
his album was better than krits

i didnt say he was a better rapper

only rookie with a better debut was kendrick

Nah I'm gonna have to disagree. LFTU was damn good, very good.

RYLNYC said:
You've called everyone in this thread who disagrees with you a "lame a.ss square." It's a little too late to hop on the high horse. Keep cookin' though, I see you've put a lot of thought into your argument(s).

I feel like that's a whoooooole other story and I don't have the strength to type it all out My point was folks are pointing fingers at the wrong people.

White/Jewish execs are far from the most innocent people in hip hop (or in the world), but you can't blame them for absolutely everything.
fu*k you jack lol I call em how I see em I like to strike nerves when real topics arise. lol Btw my seafood dinner was a success
Now I can agree with the last part of your post. I don't blame them when artists are selling themselves short and dumbing their music down while consumers are bootlegging @ an all time high. No, they are soley not to blame.

yumflip said:
Hip hop is in a weird space. The audience doesn't reflect the heart of the culture. Make no mistake about it, hip hop is an urban Black male art form at it's heart. From it's inception, it's sole purpose was to give a cultural & artistic voice to the Black male perspective. Nothing else. Once it started to sell outside of it's intended demographic, it was quickly co-opted. And just like every other form of music created by Black Americans (rock/blues/jazz being the most notable), it as been slowly tailored to appeal to a larger, i.e. White audience. But the core audience & artists have allowed the music to go that way. Once "gangsta rap" found a voice, the audience went head first into it. The lesser talented artists figured out very quickly that the peripheral audience will gravitate towards the aesthetics of "gangsta rap" and not towards the music that spoke to the issues that "gangsta rap" was birthed from. As "gangsta rap" gained a stronger foothold on the culture as a whole, a door was opened for the negative aspects of hip hop to prosper. As they prospered, it became evident that FINANCIALLY they were more solvent that their positive counterparts. At the end of the day it is first and foremost a business. As sad as it is, the days of hip hop giving a Black American male perspective are rolling towards extinction. And once it does, I'll stick to 80's/90's hip hop & soul music.
Way too deep way too real for Boxden.

Last edited by Trilluminati GA; 04-25-2013 at 08:44 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #274
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Bobby's World said:
Please answer this

They both have a large white fan base though. I'm sorry, what's your point? That white people in general control what sells now?

ash1990 said:
Cheif Keef didn't have Dr.dre cosign,

Even Obie Trice debut album went Platinum

Why did Dre cosign K Dot though? Because he was dope to begin with.

We're going in circles here and I dunno what else to say to make my point clearer.

Y'all have a good night, fellas. A pleasure having a civil conversation with y'all.
 5 years ago '05        #275
Monolith 
space
space
$690 | Props total: 8 8
Excellent thread.
 5 years ago '06        #276
space
space
 RYLNYC said:
They both have a large white fan base though. I'm sorry, what's your point? That white people in general control what sells now?

We're going in circles here and I dunno what else to say to make my point clearer.

Y'all have a good night, fellas. A pleasure having a civil conversation with y'all.
Did you see keefs numbers? He doesn't even have a following lol, not even big enough to put people in catagories
 04-25-2013, 09:16 PM         #277
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Black people get so sensitive when race is discussed with Hip Hop yet who buys albums?....You can't complain about influence other than that dollar in a Capitalist society. All that other talk is for the birds. White cats and women support whoever they like so music will naturally cater to them.
 5 years ago '10        #278
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
 RYLNYC said:

Dodging the fu*k outta them questions huh.....

oh, now you going to excuse yourself from the convo....

Take this L or ans the questions
 5 years ago '10        #279
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
And strictly from a multi-billion dollar business stand point....

Your job is to be proactive and guess/create/find what the market will do in the next month/quarter/year/decade depending on the market. This "record labels promote what is popular" would mean the companies are reactionary. You cant run a successful business from a reactionary stand point. It will fail.
 5 years ago '06        #280
StreetZ17 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,785 | Props total: 469 469
Scarface is right... Hell.... Nas said the same thing too!

[video - click to view]

I'm waiting for that Clark Kent & Scarface EP to be made.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
101 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
128 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy