Scarface Says "Hip Hop Is White Now," Blames Record Executives

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
73 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #241
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,977 | Props total: 5904 5904
 STAY ASLEEP said:
Awesome. Now instead of crying about who is on top of the platform, how they got there, or why they wont help you get there... try to get on top of the platform. Or i guess you can sit around and cry about not being on the platform. And Because that d!ck that used you to get on the platform is white, you're going to blame all the white people who arent on the platform also? they didnt have anything to do with that.

Next you are going to tell me that all white people are well off because of the enslavememt of africans.
This dude sounds like Samuel Jackson in Django
 04-25-2013, 06:28 PM         #242
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hoopslj said:
IF you listen to what's on the radio being PUSHED (literally into your ears), it's not hard to understand why kids like these artists. They play these songs over and over! I mean every time you turn it on, it's probably one of 5-7 songs.
Payola much?
 5 years ago '05        #243
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 RYLNYC said:
It's not profitable because no one is supporting it. So again... Jewish exec's fault that most people would rather download a Gucci Mane mixtape than pay $12 for a Talib Kweli album?

I'm not disagreeing with the ongoings, I'm disagreeing with the motives behind the ongoings.

Y'all act like the president of WB and Interscope is set out to k!ll of all black hip hop artists and have an army of Mac Millers. The execs go where the money goes; not where the skin tone goes.

Keep pointing fingers at the wrong people though, I'm sure this'll definitely help the problem.
NO it is not the Jewish exec fault. But dont front like you dont know which skin tone is spending that money. And dont front like if there was a choice between Gucci, Talib or Mac where that money is going to go. You right there aint no army of Macs. But there is an army of Guccis who that money IS NOT GOING TO GET SPENT ON IF ONE MAC IS AN OPTION ON THE TABLE.

So that whole army is just worldstarring it and thrivin off the chitterling circuit, as opposed to that one Mac, bypassing all that sh*t and gettin straight to the tone thats spending the most money. Once again you're right, thats not the execs problem tho. Whoever has the money has control...and again who has the money???
 04-25-2013, 06:29 PM         #244
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ppl wont want to hear it but before white people started becoming a face in hiphop the rappers were expanding their fan base. like im old enough to have been in high school when mo money came out. had mase and puffy out on the course, hell i think the vid or one of those vids started that way. thats pre tiger woods sh*t. just one example.
 5 years ago '04        #245
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 mR ReZiW said:
if he wasnt the most influential rapper of this generation he wouldnt of made that post

No no, but its the Jewish execs fault that mainstream rappers cant talk about the current plight of black people without gettin blackballed

The execs are responsible for how a product is packaged, they make sure these conscious rappers are packaged and sold as odd balls/squares

a hood dude kicking black nationalist conscious rap to the hood is a danger to the execs aswell as society. Word to Pac
--------------------------------------------------------

No ones saying they're out to k!ll black artists, you're completely misinterpreting EVERYTHING

we're saying they're making sure the artists are dumbed down and nothing on the conveyor belt is of substance. That the most these cats stand for is swag
Fam, please let me make this clear for you so there's no miscommunication here:

I agree with you. BUT! You're right for the wrong reasons. The reason why artists don't do that and why execs don't allow them is because IT. DOESN'T. SELL.

You're looking at hip hop from an art perspective while record labels are looking at it from a BUSINESS perspective, as they should. It's not the Jew's fault that people don't want to hear about the black man's plight. Doesn't mean that the same artist can't start a bandcamp page or hit up 2 Dope Boyz for a blog post on his music.

There's a difference between SUPPRESSING and NOT PUSHING -- execs aren't holding anyone down from doing whatever they want, they're just not gonna put millions of dollars into a project that's virtually guaranteed to not profit because fans don't want to pay for an album.
 04-25-2013, 06:31 PM         #246
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the "no one cares about conscious rap" is the biggest misconception going.
 5 years ago '07        #247
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,916 | Props total: 573 573
 Trilluminati GA said:
Here comes the insults, I see I struck a nerve so I'm gonna resume my culinary project. Have a nice night.

Rocky better than Krit?! Let me go so I can cook this seafood dish to perfection.
his album was better than krits

i didnt say he was a better rapper

only rookie with a better debut was kendrick

5 years ago '07        #248
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,977 | Props total: 5904 5904
 STAY ASLEEP said:
Because im not a racist? okay.
I mean W.E Dubois wasn't either but u see what he did to Marcus Garvey right?
 5 years ago '04        #249
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
 Trilluminati GA said:
Here comes the insults, I see I struck a nerve so I'm gonna resume my culinary project. Have a nice night.
You've called everyone in this thread who disagrees with you a "lame a.ss square." It's a little too late to hop on the high horse. Keep cookin' though, I see you've put a lot of thought into your argument(s).

Bobby's World said:
NO it is not the Jewish exec fault. But dont front like you dont know which skin tone is spending that money. And dont front like if there was a choice between Gucci, Talib or Mac where that money is going to go. You right there aint no army of Macs. But there is an army of Guccis who that money IS NOT GOING TO GET SPENT ON IF ONE MAC IS AN OPTION ON THE TABLE.

So that whole army is just worldstarring it and thrivin off the chitterling circuit, as opposed to that one Mac, bypassing all that sh*t and gettin straight to the tone thats spending the most money. Once again you're right, thats not the execs problem tho. Whoever has the money has control...and again who has the money???
I feel like that's a whoooooole other story and I don't have the strength to type it all out My point was folks are pointing fingers at the wrong people.

White/Jewish execs are far from the most innocent people in hip hop (or in the world), but you can't blame them for absolutely everything.
 04-25-2013, 06:40 PM         #250
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RYLNYC said:
Fam, please let me make this clear for you so there's no miscommunication here:

I agree with you. BUT! You're right for the wrong reasons. The reason why artists don't do that and why execs don't allow them is because IT. DOESN'T. SELL.

You're looking at hip hop from an art perspective while record labels are looking at it from a BUSINESS perspective, as they should. It's not the Jew's fault that people don't want to hear about the black man's plight. Doesn't mean that the same artist can't start a bandcamp page or hit up 2 Dope Boyz for a blog post on his music.

There's a difference between SUPPRESSING and NOT PUSHING -- execs aren't holding anyone down from doing whatever they want, they're just not gonna put millions of dollars into a project that's virtually guaranteed to not profit because fans don't want to pay for an album.
The record execs, determine whats hot and whats not. I guarantee they know whats gonna be a smash for summer 2013

By saying what you're saying would mean that if conscious rap did "sell" they'd be selling it. And we both know thats not true. AT ALL
 5 years ago '04        #251
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
 mR ReZiW said:
The record execs, determine whats hot and whats not. I guarantee they know whats gonna be a smash for summer 2013

By saying what you're saying would mean that if conscious rap did "sell" they'd be selling it. And we both know thats not true. AT ALL
I think THAT'S the root of our argument, sir. I dunno about you, but no 60+ year old white millionaire is gonna tell me what I think is dope and what's not.

No one is putting a gun to my head and telling me what I should and shouldn't support. Everything I love is my decision, not the label's. It's Business 101:

Rapper A is almost guaranteed to sell 200,000 first week.

Rapper B is almost guaranteed to sell 15K first week, if he's lucky.

Who's getting signed? Who DESERVES to get signed is subjective. Both artists deserve to eat if they put out music that the people enjoy, why not? But why is it the label's fault that more people want to listen to Rapper A at a club or in the car while commuting?

You give execs way too much credit. At the end of the day, they're just a bunch of old dudes who follow the money.
 04-25-2013, 06:46 PM         #252
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why do people perceive to take things at face value, rap is a BIG business. With roads leading to either BIGGER businesses... Every-bodies got their hands in the cookie jar

Without the violence, drugs, materialism in rap ALOT of corporations wouldn't be eating

Hence when you hear the term "Rap entered corporate America"

For rap to turn to some positive, lets forget about these brands that dont mean sh*t to our people notion is not in their best interests
 04-25-2013, 06:51 PM         #253
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RYLNYC said:
I think THAT'S the root of our argument, sir. I dunno about you, but no 60+ year old white millionaire is gonna tell me what I think is dope and what's not.

No one is putting a gun to my head and telling me what I should and shouldn't support. Everything I love is my decision, not the label's. It's Business 101:

Rapper A is almost guaranteed to sell 200,000 first week.

Rapper B is almost guaranteed to sell 15K first week, if he's lucky.

Who's getting signed? Who DESERVES to get signed is subjective. Both artists deserve to eat if they put out music that the people enjoy, why not? But why is it the label's fault that more people want to listen to Rapper A at a club or in the car while commuting?

You give execs way too much credit. At the end of the day, they're just a bunch of old dudes who follow the money.
The label TURNED rapper A into a superstar.

They got him the best marketing team money could buy, they bought him publicity, they bought him the best hi tech studio in the world, the best producer, the best engineer etc etc. Hows your brain not understanding that

So yes that 60+ year old white millionaire is telling you whats hot and whats not
 5 years ago '04        #254
SeanP 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,333 | Props total: 302 302

[pic - click to view]

Swagga Jackin' since Time immemorial...
 5 years ago '05        #255
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 RYLNYC said:
You've called everyone in this thread who disagrees with you a "lame a.ss square." It's a little too late to hop on the high horse. Keep cookin' though, I see you've put a lot of thought into your argument(s).

I feel like that's a whoooooole other story and I don't have the strength to type it all out My point was folks are pointing fingers at the wrong people.

White/Jewish execs are far from the most innocent people in hip hop (or in the world), but you can't blame them for absolutely everything.
Lol right and this is what I think Mr. Scarface was trying to say. Execs are apart of it playing the manipulation game. Carrots and donkeys.
 5 years ago '04        #256
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
 mR ReZiW said:
The label TURNED rapper A into a superstar.

They got him the best marketing team money could buy, they bought him publicity, they bought him the best hi tech studio in the world, the best producer, the best engineer etc etc. Hows your brain not understanding that

So yes that 60+ year old white millionaire is telling you whats hot and whats not
Cause and affect, man.

WHY do they do that?! Because he had mass appeal! WHY did he have mass appeal? Because people were buying his music!

They're not telling US what's hot. We tell THEM what's hot and what WE like and they, in turn, push the sh-t out of that artist.

With your logic, Lil Wayne is still hot.

How did Kendrick Lamar manage to get so successful?

And is Big KRIT a huge superstar sensation? Not exactly, but he's pretty well known and world renowned. So is Joe Bada$$. That's only 3 of many examples if I were to sit down and think about it.

Stop with the excuses. If you're a dope artist, you get shine. If you're wack and/or boring, you get shelved.

It's not 99. You no longer need a record label to back you to be a dope artist and to build a fan base. Thank you, internet.
 5 years ago '04        #257
SeanP 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,333 | Props total: 302 302
"Pretty soon hip-hop won't be so nice
No Ice Cube, just Vanilla Ice
And you will sit and scream and cuss
But there's no one ta blame... but US..."

Ice Cube - US [1991]

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #258
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,087 | Props total: 8877 8877
 RYLNYC said:
Cause and affect, man.

WHY do they do that?! Because he had mass appeal! WHY did he have mass appeal? Because people were buying his music!

They're not telling US what's hot. We tell THEM what's hot and what WE like and they, in turn, push the sh-t out of that artist.

With your logic, Lil Wayne is still hot.

How did Kendrick Lamar manage to get so successful?

And is Big KRIT a huge superstar sensation? Not exactly, but he's pretty well known and world renowned. So is Joe Bada$$. That's only 3 of many examples if I were to sit down and think about it.

Stop with the excuses. If you're a dope artist, you get shine. If you're wack and/or boring, you get shelved.

It's not 99. You no longer need a record label to back you to be a dope artist and to build a fan base. Thank you, internet.

Interscope gave Kendrick Lamar that push, enough said
Before HE was major, Section 80 couldn't sell more than 30k
 5 years ago '13        #259
tez94 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$1,833 | Props total: 487 487
Feelings getting hurt in here.
 5 years ago '06        #260
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,630 | Props total: 2330 2330
Hip hop is in a weird space. The audience doesn't reflect the heart of the culture. Make no mistake about it, hip hop is an urban Black male art form at it's heart. From it's inception, it's sole purpose was to give a cultural & artistic voice to the Black male perspective. Nothing else. Once it started to sell outside of it's intended demographic, it was quickly co-opted. And just like every other form of music created by Black Americans (rock/blues/jazz being the most notable), it as been slowly tailored to appeal to a larger, i.e. White audience. But the core audience & artists have allowed the music to go that way. Once "gangsta rap" found a voice, the audience went head first into it. The lesser talented artists figured out very quickly that the peripheral audience will gravitate towards the aesthetics of "gangsta rap" and not towards the music that spoke to the issues that "gangsta rap" was birthed from. As "gangsta rap" gained a stronger foothold on the culture as a whole, a door was opened for the negative aspects of hip hop to prosper. As they prospered, it became evident that FINANCIALLY they were more solvent that their positive counterparts. At the end of the day it is first and foremost a business. As sad as it is, the days of hip hop giving a Black American male perspective are rolling towards extinction. And once it does, I'll stick to 80's/90's hip hop & soul music.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
113 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy