Scarface Says "Hip Hop Is White Now," Blames Record Executives

most viewed right now
 50
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 36
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
179 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 33
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #221
Suppafresh 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$6,090 | Props total: 265 265
Jay-Z will never say this
 5 years ago '04        #222
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 mR ReZiW said:
its simply not profitable for them to have black artists rapping about conscious issues and empowering the black man to do good

is it that hard to see?
It's not profitable because no one is supporting it. So again... Jewish exec's fault that most people would rather download a Gucci Mane mixtape than pay $12 for a Talib Kweli album?

I'm not disagreeing with the ongoings, I'm disagreeing with the motives behind the ongoings.

Y'all act like the president of WB and Interscope is set out to k!ll of all black hip hop artists and have an army of Mac Millers. The execs go where the money goes; not where the skin tone goes.

Keep pointing fingers at the wrong people though, I'm sure this'll definitely help the problem.
 5 years ago '07        #223
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
avatar space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
 Suppafresh said:
Jay-Z will never say this
if he wasn't rich and fu*king the girl of your dreams would u make this post?
 04-25-2013, 06:11 PM         #224
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[quote=ash1990;26935223]
 bigree61 said:

I was to say that as-well that song was in Untouchable platinum selling album



Face has been a voice of the voice less or 30 years and some white guy from Iowa or some "brotha" that wants acceptance feel they need to discredit him because he made them uncomfortable with the truth



some old washed up bum was say n these same things in the 50's about rock n roll

his name was Chuck Barry
 5 years ago '10        #225
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
avatar space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13657 13657
 RYLNYC said:
Wait, but YOUR logic is Jews took over hip hop and are suppressing the black artists that make the same Jews successful? Gotcha.

Anyone is allowed to do whatever they want, but they don't have a reason to. I'm not denying that there's a lot of f-ckery behind the scenes of hip hop (not necessarily race related), but you have your successful artists who knew how to play the game and then you have the victims crying foul.

Regardless, Scarface speaking his piece wasn't even the point of my post. The man paid his dues for what, 20 years? As a legend, he can say whatever he wants. Doesn't mean it's a fact nor do I have to agree with him.


the fu*k up deals, lack of creative control and the chump change they pay artists is suppressing. Tribe called quest and TLC are prime examples of artists getting r*ped and if you think the leverage is more leveled towards a black artist, this discussion is futile and I have no more to say to you.

BTW

What Scarface said is fact. You and the rest of these pissed off ppl should find a way to deal with it.
 5 years ago '10        #226
hoopslj 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 49 49
 PurpleKush said:
I feel scarface 100% but a lot of these rappers including vets which some are my favs have been putting out wack a.ss music the last 10years...that's why bootleggin has been skyhigh
This.......
 5 years ago '04        #227
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Trilluminati GA said:
one thing about it, is when a n*gga rap that sh*t the industry wants them too and speaks in interview like a house ****** *with a check*, playing the industry politics, everything is fine and dandy. But when a n*gga rebel or speak out against the bullsh*t the industry pulls on artists, the fu*kery that takes place behind closed doors, and the dumbing down of our music, rants like these in this thread take place and he gets black balled.


Most of the time, to make it to superstardom you gotta sell out and play by their twisted game.
Bruh, it's CHIEF KEEF'S choice to record a song like "I Don't Like," not the execs. Rap about whatever you want, whatever is going on in your life, it doesn't matter. If you can make dope music that's marketable, why do you expect a record label (that's a BUSINESS first and foremost) to sign you and put you on?

I get it: the true essence of hip hop is not doing too well (success and popularity wise). Is it f-cked up? Absolutely. Should Big KRIT be going gold (at the very least)? Absolutely! Is it Jimmy Iovine's fault that more people buy Lil Wayne's album than KRIT's? NO.
 5 years ago '07        #228
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
avatar space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
 STAY ASLEEP said:
Awesome. Now instead of crying about who is on top of the platform, how they got there, or why they wont help you get there... try to get on top of the platform. Or i guess you can sit around and cry about not being on the platform. And Because that d!ck that used you to get on the platform is white, you're going to blame all the white people who arent on the platform also? they didnt have anything to do with that.

Next you are going to tell me that all white people are well off because of the enslavememt of africans.


i really hope you are not black

this post is basically the reason why that picture exists
 5 years ago '10        #229
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
avatar space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13657 13657
 Root Of Evil said:


i feel like he just cant get himself bubbling

n*ggas like rocky, 2chainz, future etc. did
excuse the typo I meant has not had. But in response, his quality of music is way higher than all of the artists you mentioned combined. Do you suggest he dumb his music down to appease def jam and get the push he deserves? Sounds like selling out and lack of creative control to me.
 5 years ago '04        #230
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Trilluminati GA said:


the fu*k up deals, lack of creative control and the chump change they pay artists is suppressing. Tribe called quest and TLC are prime examples of artists getting r*ped and if you think the leverage is more leveled towards a black artist, this discussion is futile and I have no more to say to you.

BTW

What Scarface said is fact. You and the rest of these pissed off ppl should find a way to deal with it.
We live in an age where bloggers have more leverage than record labels. You're talking about artists from 20 years ago. Sh-t changed, yet you still play the blame game. You don't need a major record deal to drop a dope a.ss album on bandcamp and sell it directly to people for $8 a pop.

And no, what Scarface is said is the very definition of an "opinion" but you're too dense to to get off your soapbox and see that. Instead, you'd rather quickly hide being the "you're just an angry white boy" defense.

And nah, not pissed whatsoever. I still got love for Scarface and his music and absolutely nothing in this thread has changed my outlook on hip hop or any one posting in here.
 04-25-2013, 06:16 PM         #231
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 STAY ASLEEP said:
Awesome. Now instead of crying about who is on top of the platform, how they got there, or why they wont help you get there... try to get on top of the platform. Or i guess you can sit around and cry about not being on the platform. And Because that d!ck that used you to get on the platform s white, you're going to blame all the white people who arent on the platform also? they didnt have anything to do with that.

Next you are going to tell me that all white people are well off because of the enslavememt of africans.
A wise man said dont argue with fools because...

PS Slavery built the "New World"
 5 years ago '04        #232
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Trilluminati GA said:
excuse the typo I meant has not had. But in response, his quality of music is way higher than all of the artists you mentioned combined. Do you suggest he dumb his music down to appease def jam and get the push he deserves? Sounds like selling out and lack of creative control to me.
Let me visit your fairy tale world for a second, fam.

So Def Jam says "f-ck it, let's do it" and puts $1M worth of promo into KRIT's new album. Street teams, commercials, radio spins, the whole 9 yards.

Three weeks after the album drops: KRIT does about... 150K. Now what? That's (by definition), an album flop. Would you be happy with that? KRIT got his big push and no one came out to support him. Still the Jews' fault?
 5 years ago '07        #233
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
avatar space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
 Trilluminati GA said:
excuse the typo I meant has not had. But in response, his quality of music is way higher than all of the artists you mentioned combined. Do you suggest he dumb his music down to appease def jam and get the push he deserves? Sounds like selling out and lack of creative control to me.
i can't agree with this especially because Rocky's debut > Krits

Kendrick Lamar kept his sound and he is selling I just think quality music prevails
 5 years ago '10        #234
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
avatar space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13657 13657
 RYLNYC said:
Bruh, it's CHIEF KEEF'S choice to record a song like "I Don't Like," not the execs. Rap about whatever you want, whatever is going on in your life, it doesn't matter. If you can make dope music that's marketable, why do you expect a record label (that's a BUSINESS first and foremost) to sign you and put you on?

I get it: the true essence of hip hop is not doing too well (success and popularity wise). Is it f-cked up? Absolutely. Should Big KRIT be going gold (at the very least)? Absolutely! Is it Jimmy Iovine's fault that more people buy Lil Wayne's album than KRIT's? NO.
aight fam, props for keeping it civil but I'm gonna say this and try to wrap it up.
If chief Keef dropped a track like One Mic, Keep Your Head Up, We're All In The Same Gang he would NOT be where he is and playing with 6 milli. Thats the cold hard truth right there homeboy. A classic example is my homegirl 3D Na'Tee. She's the rawest female emcee out with a balanced and versatile rap game. She just got signed to Steve Rifkind. After ALL these years. Sucker free mc shine, dope song after song, dope tapes, & raw free styles that were recorded. WHY??????
 5 years ago '04        #235
dc3003 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$33,481 | Props total: 30698 30698
Actually. Mr.scarface , who I.love... Cash money , no limit, youtube, the.internet and every muthafuka with a tattoo.that thought he could rap k!lled hip hop. Your like one of the onlys out now that I can still vibe to.or will actually get hyped up.to hear something new from. And to be real with ya bro. I don't know one black.person in the last ten years that had a original copy cd . And that's just being real. So.white black blah blah ,make another album like the fix so.I can bob my head while working
 5 years ago '10        #236
hoopslj 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 49 49
IF you listen to what's on the radio being PUSHED (literally into your ears), it's not hard to understand why kids like these artists. They play these songs over and over! I mean every time you turn it on, it's probably one of 5-7 songs.
 04-25-2013, 06:26 PM         #237
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Root Of Evil said:
if he wasn't rich and fu*king the girl of your dreams would u make this post?
if he wasnt the most influential rapper of this generation he wouldnt of made that post

 RYLNYC said:
It's not profitable because no one is supporting it. So again... Jewish exec's fault that most people would rather download a Gucci Mane mixtape than pay $12 for a Talib Kweli album?

I'm not disagreeing with the ongoings, I'm disagreeing with the motives behind the ongoings.

Y'all act like the president of WB and Interscope is set out to k!ll of all black hip hop artists and have an army of Mac Millers. The execs go where the money goes; not where the skin tone goes.

Keep pointing fingers at the wrong people though, I'm sure this'll definitely help the problem.
No no, but its the Jewish execs fault that mainstream rappers cant talk about the current plight of black people without gettin blackballed

The execs are responsible for how a product is packaged, they make sure these conscious rappers are packaged and sold as odd balls/squares

a hood dude kicking black nationalist conscious rap to the hood is a danger to the execs aswell as society. Word to Pac
--------------------------------------------------------

No ones saying they're out to k!ll black artists, you're completely misinterpreting EVERYTHING

we're saying they're making sure the artists are dumbed down and nothing on the conveyor belt is of substance. That the most these cats stand for is swag
 5 years ago '04        #238
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Trilluminati GA said:
aight fam, props for keeping it civil but I'm gonna say this and try to wrap it up.
If chief Keef dropped a track like One Mic, Keep Your Head Up, We're All In The Same Gang he would NOT be where he is and playing with 6 milli. Thats the cold hard truth right there homeboy. A classic example is my homegirl 3D Na'Tee. She's the rawest female emcee out with a balanced and versatile rap game. She just got signed to Steve Rifkind. After ALL these years. Sucker free mc shine, dope song after song, dope tapes, & raw free styles that were recorded. WHY??????
Exactly! WHY?! It's the record label's fault that no one would give a flying f-ck about Chief Keef's "One Mic?"

Like I said before, hip hop is a balance. Throughout the 80's and 90's, dope lyricism and essential hip hop is what thrived. It's what paved the way and made hip hop so successful and relevant in this day and age.

Now, it's more towards the commercial/ignorant rap that's prevailing. Why shouldn't Chief Keef be allowed to eat? He makes music that people f-ck with (I most definitely do not, but to each their own), why shouldn't he get a deal? Cause YOU don't like him? Cause he can't spit like Nas?

Maybe in 2014, essential hip hop will make a comeback. The best part: it's OUR decision, not the exec's. If next year, charts show that people want to buy Talib Kweli and Common albums, guess who's getting that big record deal. Not Lil Durk, but the 2nd coming of Rakim (for example).
 5 years ago '10        #239
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
avatar space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13657 13657
 RYLNYC said:
We live in an age where bloggers have more leverage than record labels. You're talking about artists from 20 years ago. Sh-t changed, yet you still play the blame game. You don't need a major record deal to drop a dope a.ss album on bandcamp and sell it directly to people for $8 a pop.

And no, what Scarface is said is the very definition of an "opinion" but you're too dense to to get off your soapbox and see that. Instead, you'd rather quickly hide being the "you're just an angry white boy" defense.

And nah, not pissed whatsoever. I still got love for Scarface and his music and absolutely nothing in this thread has changed my outlook on hip hop or any one posting in here.
Here comes the insults, I see I struck a nerve so I'm gonna resume my culinary project. Have a nice night.

 Root Of Evil said:
i can't agree with this especially because Rocky's debut > Krits

Kendrick Lamar kept his sound and he is selling I just think quality music prevails
Rocky better than Krit?! Let me go so I can cook this seafood dish to perfection.
 5 years ago '10        #240
hoopslj 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 49 49
When I was in hs (Graduated 2005) artists like Talib could still get on the radio, and have some hits. There was some intelligence to balance out the ignorance.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
87 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
91 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 6
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
70 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 5
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
72 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy