JR Smith to opt out and test free agency :ppsad:

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
90 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
61 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #81
Trapaveli 74 heat pts74
space
space
$6,771 | Props total: 2690 2690
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
n*gga people say a lot of things. LeBron said he wasn't leaving Cleveland until he won a ring.

Early bird rights don't mean you can offer any number you want. Like I posted earlier, his early bird max is like $5.132M, which is about the same as the non-taxpayers MLE.

If a team like Atlanta or Detroit comes along and offers $8M-9M, yall cant offer as much money and he could leave.
Why would JR say he wanted to retire a Knick knowing their limited financial flexibility if he's just concerned with going to the highest bidder?

The New CBA has harsher penalties teams aren't going to invest 8-9 mill on a player who's only responded to one coach after being in the league 9 years.
 5 years ago '12        #82
Trapaveli 74 heat pts74
space
space
 #TheReturn said:
Don't need to know a man personally to see how they operate. One day life will teach you that.
Like you knew how Rose operated?

5 years ago '10        #83
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
Come to Detroit wack a.ss n*gga.
 5 years ago '05        #84
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,732 | Props total: 12532 12532
 Trapaveli said:
Why would JR say he wanted to retire a Knick knowing their limited financial flexibility if he's just concerned with going to the highest bidder?

The New CBA has harsher penalties teams aren't going to invest 8-9 mill on a player who's only responded to one coach after being in the league 9 years.
He may want to, but financially it might not make sense depending on what other offers are on the table. Learn the difference and you wont set yourself up for disappointment. You're a smart poster, you know a lot of what players say is what the media wants to hear. And a lot of it might just be true. But what you and I both know is that sh*t changes when numbers start to get negotiated.

Harden wanted to be in OKC forever too he said as long as he's winning. But once they weren't willing to give him max, and HOU said they were down, Harden had no problems telling OKC goodbye and accepting a trade too HOU. When money comes into play, nobody word can be trusted, ESPECIALLY a n*gga like J.R..
 5 years ago '09        #85
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,392 | Props total: 5096 5096
 maxnn said:
God, that is an unbelievably dumb trade in hindsight, trading away a 24 year old Tyson Chandler in order to sign Ben Wallace
looking back it really was though chandler has came a long way since then

but we basically got noah and a bobcats first for eddy curry so i'll let it slide
 5 years ago '12        #86
Trapaveli 74 heat pts74
space
space
 #TheReturn said:
He may want to, but financially it might not make sense depending on what other offers are on the table. Learn the difference and you wont set yourself up for disappointment. You're a smart poster, you know a lot of what players say is what the media wants to hear. And a lot of it might just be true. But what you and I both know is that sh*t changes when numbers start to get negotiated.

Harden wanted to be in OKC forever too he said as long as he's winning. But once they weren't willing to give him max, and HOU said they were down, Harden had no problems telling OKC goodbye and accepting a trade too HOU. When money comes into play, nobody word can be trusted, ESPECIALLY a n*gga like J.R..
JR Smith and Harden's situations are not comparable.
 5 years ago '05        #87
space
space
 Trapaveli said:
JR Smith and Harden's situations are not comparable.
How so? What makes this situation different because it looks exactly the same to me. Both teams can/could have offered double of what they were making before, and at the same time both teams cant offer the most money to them on the open market.

Last edited by Hold That; 04-24-2013 at 09:17 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #88
Trapaveli 74 heat pts74
space
space
 #TheReturn said:
How so? What makes this situation different because it looks exactly the same to me.
Because OKC could've kept Harden if they wanted to but they valued Ibaka more then refused to pay the luxury penalties to max him out.

Not to mention JR's reputation along with his age (he'll be 28 years old next season) isn't worth more then a MLE (ala Jamal Crawford's deal w/ the Clippers) deal.

A team rebuilding wants a 23 y/o Harden w/ no history > 28 y/o JR with a repuation

You can't just say 'teams will want to offer him more money'. You have to be specific. Why would a rebuilding team offer him more then the MLE? And most contenders can't afford more then that.
 5 years ago '05        #89
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,811 | Props total: 1520 1520
 #TheReturn said:
How so? What makes this situation different because it looks exactly the same to me. Both teams can/could have offered double of what they were making before, and at the same time both teams cant offer the most money to them on the open market.
OKC could have paid harden whatever he wanted. they chose not to because they are a small market team and their owner is cheap.
 5 years ago '12        #90
Trapaveli 74 heat pts74
space
space
 dblockallday said:
OKC could have paid harden whatever he wanted. they chose not to because they are a small market team and their owner is cheap.
basically. The Knicks are willing to offer JR as much as they can. They even have the option to pay him what would be equivalent the MLE this year, have him opt out, then obtain his bird rights and pay him up to the max.
 5 years ago '05        #91
space
space
 Trapaveli said:
Because OKC could've kept Harden if they wanted to but they valued Ibaka more then refused to pay the luxury penalties to max him out.

Not to mention JR's reputation along with his age (he'll be 28 years old next season) isn't worth more then a MLE (ala Jamal Crawford's deal w/ the Clippers) deal.

A team rebuilding wants a 23 y/o Harden w/ no history > 28 y/o JR with a repuation

You can't just say 'teams will want to offer him more money'. You have to be specific. Why would a rebuilding team offer him more then the MLE? And most contenders can't afford more then that.
You have to factor that rebuilding teams in small markets will NEVER be able to draw a star like the Knicks/BKN or Miami or L.A or Chicago maybe Houston. When small market teams usually have money, players like J.R smith become overpaid. It's that simple. It's why Ben Gordon is making 12mil this year.When has the league not overpaid for players when they are coming off a hot year? This is J.R's best year of his career, he's going to get more than the MLE, I don't think he's worth it, but he will get it. And please believe a small market team will offer slightly more than whatever the Knicks can just to net their player, especially considering they aren't going to land a superstar in a small market anyhow. Pistons,Mavs,Suns, Jazz off the top of my head will have some cap space. I can see the Mavs and Pistons going after J.R... Even the Suns, J.R is also exciting, he will help boost ticket sales and t.v ratings slightly.

Last edited by Hold That; 04-24-2013 at 09:40 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #92
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,694 | Props total: 2426 2426
n*ggas Really Think JR Gunna Bounce For LA Or Dallas
[pic - click to view]

1) Hes Treated Like Royalty In NY ....Shiit Is Like His Playground...

2) His Dad Is a Big Knicks Fans...His Dad Pushed For The Knicks Over Clippers Last Yr

3) His Dad Loves That Woodson Got Him Under Control ...Got Him Improving His Appearance Ect.

4) Jr Speaks Highly On Woodson Like Hes An Father Figure To Him

5) Dolan Helped His Brother Pockets Bringing Him In To Training Camp

6) Just The Other Day He Said On NBA Tv That We Wants To Retire As a Knick

AR Aint Going No Where....

Imagine If We Get To Move STAT's Or Tyson Contract To Pay Him What He Deserves
 5 years ago '05        #93
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,811 | Props total: 1520 1520
 #TheReturn said:
You have to factor that rebuilding teams in small markets will NEVER be able to draw a star like the Knicks/BKN or Miami or L.A or Chicago maybe Houston. When small market teams usually have money, players like J.R smith become overpaid. It's that simple. It's why Ben Gordon is making 12mil this year.When has the league not overpaid for players when they are coming off a hot year? This is J.R's best year of his career, he's going to get more than the MLE, I don't think he's worth it, but he will get it. And please believe a small market team will offer slightly more than whatever the Knicks can just to net their player, especially considering they aren't going to land a superstar in a small market anyhow. Pistons,Mavs,Suns, Jazz off the top of my head will have some cap space. I can see the Mavs and Pistons going after J.R... Even the Suns, J.R is also exciting, he will help boost ticket sales and t.v ratings slightly.
JR isnt leaving for a little more money. his whole family is in the area. he'll take less to stay with the knicks for another year, then the knicks will be able to offer him more than anyone else plus an extra year with full bird rights.
 5 years ago '07        #94
OG Perez 16 heat pts16
space
space
$42,504 | Props total: 10803 10803
do u realize Dolan is on his pops speed dial and Mr. Dolan took care of Chris too. Which was basically the reason JR stayed

No matter what Dolan to make JR happy; he did what JR wanted and was throw his younger brother money. His whole family are always at games like nothing. Mr. Dolan does what he has to do to keep JR happy. Plus, JR came up with a wealthy family. You think his pops knows all these people just because of JR?

U gotta come harder then that princess
 5 years ago '10        #95
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
Knicks fans talking all this sh*t

Watch him walk for that 10 milly+
 5 years ago '13        #96
Lucky Lucas 47 heat pts47
space
space
space
$15,398 | Props total: 5775 5775
Wizards!

Bradley beals backup
 5 years ago '07        #97
Avon_Barksdale 4341 heat pts4341
space
space
$42,437 | Props total: 55868 55868
 Bronxbombers said:
n*ggas Really Think JR Gunna Bounce For LA Or Dallas
[pic - click to view]

1) Hes Treated Like Royalty In NY ....Shiit Is Like His Playground...

2) His Dad Is a Big Knicks Fans...His Dad Pushed For The Knicks Over Clippers Last Yr

3) His Dad Loves That Woodson Got Him Under Control ...Got Him Improving His Appearance Ect.

4) Jr Speaks Highly On Woodson Like Hes An Father Figure To Him

5) Dolan Helped His Brother Pockets Bringing Him In To Training Camp

6) Just The Other Day He Said On NBA Tv That We Wants To Retire As a Knick

AR Aint Going No Where....

Imagine If We Get To Move STAT's Or Tyson Contract To Pay Him What He Deserves

Who do you think is really gonna take Chandler and Stoudemire with the injury problems they have and let's not talk about the contracts they have also...
 5 years ago '05        #98
Profitcy 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,670 | Props total: 333 333
Please come to magic
 5 years ago '07        #99
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,198 | Props total: 19841 19841
personally tho he should stay. knicks seem to be contending, and maybe his role changes, maybe it doesnt. he can still get money. I dont know much about his personal finances or marketing sh*t, but i bet he could make a lot in ny. Tho Dallas could be a good spot, no income tax right?
 5 years ago '09        #100
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,392 | Props total: 5096 5096
Jr staying in NY

i think ppl are stretch armstrong reaching thinking he could get a big deal...i dont see him getting more than what knicks can offer with the early birds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
53 comments
1 day ago