Snoop Says Many Rappers Would Be Irrelvant If Pac and Big had Lived On..(Jay, Shyne, Ja, Etc.. Diss)

most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #121
GST 
space
space
$14,836 | Props total: 2410 2410
n*gga said 'us 3'
 5 years ago '04        #122
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 RYLNYC said:
I always found it funny how folks consider Pac and BIG the gatekeepers of hip hop. As if BIG was GUARANTEED success; he dropped 2 classic and could've EASILY followed up with 4-6 mediocre and sub-par albums. Same for Pac; could've easily been another washed up has-been by 2013. It's all speculation.

Pac nor BIG wouldn't have stopped anyone from making it into the game. If you're dope, you're dope. If you're not, you're not. And this has nothing to do with Jay in particular, it applies to every artist.

"Real" hip hop heads love overrating dead rappers. Pac and BIG are legends, but neither of them were/are Gods.

And this video coming from a dude who changed his name after 20 years in the game, as a last grasp for relevancy, is pure irony.
this,

by the logic people have in here dmx should of never got on

people don't know wtf big/pac would of done. their music might of changed,found god, do movies,politics,drop medocore sh!t,the fuk whatever else

nobody stays on their top of their game forever
 5 years ago '05        #123
BadIntentionz 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,562 | Props total: 813 813
its the butterfly affect basically no doubt about it......
jay would not be where he is now and its a fact, not hating just being real, big would have had the radio play, and bigger rep, jay would have had to work harder, he would have had to take diff paths, and becuz of that would have missed the paths that got him to where he is now, not saying jay wouldnt be successful, it just would have been diff

example: lets say going up 5th ave jay found a lucky penny one day and it led to where he at now..... but if for some strange reason he decided to go up broadway instead he didnt find that lucky penny instead he met some chick wit crabs instead lol, 2 diff paths lead to 2 diff futures always, never forget that, lets just say it was biggie that dropped that lucky penny on 5th ave when he died plain and simple
 5 years ago '10        #124
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663
real funny how hard Mr Knowles stand go when he owe his relevance to a JT and Kanye smh
Pac already had jigga in the cross hairs and I doubt Big would have let his rhymes continue to get bit. NY would have easily sided with Big if disses were exchanged. BIG was the king of NY with that rap sh*t. Much props for Snoop speaking the real. It mod def would have been a litmus test for rappers which is nonexistent now.

Lord Lovely said:

EDIT: Was with this n*gga until he said just us three. n*gga you only had one good album. Doggystyle. The rest of that sh*t was garbage. Jay x Pac x Big
homie I felt the same way years ago until I peeped this

[pic - click to view]

dope a.ss cd homie

SouLow said:
jayz>snoop,pac,big
no.....

Hovi Bryant said:
Pac and Big would have fallen off just like everyone else.

Negative....they were not gimmick rappers, they were mc's that was on that real n*gga sh*t. Real n*gga sh*t never plays out.

Eminence said:
we all know this and rappers would have to pass a lyrical and substance test too.

bingo...
a few corny a.ss non rappers would have fell between the cracks but they would be way in the background where they belong.

bbqslap said:
Pac and Big were definitely the most popular of their era...but it wasn't like other rappers couldn't breathe back then. Alot of people were selling records. Jay would have eventually broke thru...as others have since.
lol right Pac had everybody out west and down south on sum fu*k gay z sh*t and didnt even knew who he was. Mobb Deep didnt make too much noise either after bomb 1st. But Nas did.....

loyola llothta said:

biter...

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #125
JuiceDigaho 
space
space
$982 | Props total: 222 222
thats funny cause BIG himself said Jay was the best MC around, maybe better than him
 5 years ago '05        #126
JuiceDigaho 
space
space
$982 | Props total: 222 222
 Trilluminati GA said:
real funny how hard Mr Knowles stand go when he owe his relevance to a JT and Kanye smh
Pac already had jigga in the cross hairs and I doubt Big would have let his rhymes continue to get bit. NY would have easily sided with Big if disses were exchanged. BIG was the king of NY with that rap sh*t. Much props for Snoop speaking the real. It mod def would have been a litmus test for rappers which is nonexistent now.

homie I felt the same way years ago until I peeped this

[pic - click to view]

dope a.ss cd homie

no.....

Negative....they were not gimmick rappers, they were mc's that was on that real n*gga sh*t. Real n*gga sh*t never plays out.

bingo...
a few corny a.ss non rappers would have fell between the cracks but they would be way in the background where they belong.

lol right Pac had everybody out west and down south on sum fu*k gay z sh*t and didnt even knew who he was. Mobb Deep didnt make too much noise either after bomb 1st. But Nas did.....

biter...

[pic - click to view]

will you stfu you corny a.ss 90's f*g
 5 years ago '05        #127
Suavebeatz 32 heat pts32
space
space
$10,357 | Props total: 14182 14182
Snoop been talkin some real sh*t lately, where the rest of the interview @?
 5 years ago '13        #128
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437 OP
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38466 38466
few stans got their feelings caught

snoops knowledge of hip hop and how the game works>>>urs

that's fact

u aint gonna sit there and try to teach bill gates about windows
 5 years ago '04        #129
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,737 | Props total: 2555 2555
Snoop himself was irrelevant as soon as he dropped his second album. It was absolute trash because Dr. Dre had left death Row.

Furthermore, when Pac signed to death Row Snoop became a silent vessel of nothingness.

The irony of the whole video is that Snoop Dogg only got his weight back up when Dr. Dre released the first single 'Still Dre' off the instant classic The Chronic 2000.

Wherein lies said irony: 'STILL DRE' WAS WRITTEN FOR DRE BY NONE OTHER THAN JAY-Z!!!
 04-25-2013, 10:30 AM         #130
Stayburnin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
snoop is right for the most part. I don't think snoop woulda been in that top 3 but hed be right under those 2. you cant judge his last few albums. if pac and big were alive, gangsta rap woulda lasted much longer and that would've been snoops lane. rap started getting soft so snoop did what he had to to sell records which was to go soft. jay z would still be out there but he would also be right under pac and big since ny had crazy respect for big.

and the n*ggas sayin snoop irrevelant are just dumb. that n*gga has been droppin music for over a decade. hes def not as good as he used to be but hesu still relevant. but it is a good discussion to see who would be in the game and who wouldn't be right now if pac and big were alive.
 5 years ago '05        #131
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,524 | Props total: 1691 1691
i didnt read all the comments, but I don't think Pac and Big would be as appreciated had it not been for the drama that lead to their demise. My opinion
 5 years ago '13        #132
space
space
Snoops album quality most def dipped, but lets not act like he's not been relevant from 91 to 2013, dude has more hit songs than ANY RAPPER

He got classics from 91 to the present, Chroinc album to Doggystyle classics, he had classic songs during his No Limit Days, Last Meal had classic songs, such as Lay Low, Then he had classics with Neptunes such as Beautiful, Drop It Like Its Hot,, he had that classic song with JT, many classics on Dre2000, then even as of lates s3xual Seduction, i'm missing so much sh*t, the Murda Was The Case, Deep Cover soundtrack, his work with DPG, classics on AEOM, classics with 50 such as PIMP....and he is easily the most recognized figure in rap music

If it comes to classic songs/singles Snoop is the GOAT, nobody has more hits that everyone knows the words to

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 04-25-2013 at 10:36 AM..
 5 years ago '08        #133
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17250 17250
Camel Carter was a nobody when BiG was doing it big, he was the slim berg camel
 5 years ago '13        #134
Lucky Lucas 47 heat pts47
space
space
space
$15,398 | Props total: 5775 5775
Yall make it seem like every DJ in NY fu*ked with Pac and Big, most didn't. They just won't say it cause they dead.

n*ggas would of continued to push that 96 NY class and that 97 NY class regardless of who lived or died.

Them n*ggas wasn't the end all be all.
 5 years ago '05        #135
CartelFamill 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$5,162 | Props total: 1504 1504
 kiddrocay said:
Lol if pac and big were alive jay would have been under the shadow of big to begin with, we need to stop acting like jay was being generally checked for outside of NY when he dropped RD

matter fact jay didnt catch his success break til about Vol 2 right?

Ive always felt jay> big though

Jayz Went GOLD on RD on Independent Label....and Had more Money Than Both BIG & Pac....

and That sh*t is coming from a n*gga That is Irrelevent RIGHT NOW
 5 years ago '10        #136
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 The N said:
Camel Carter was a nobody when BiG was doing it big, he was the slim berg camel
How many albums did Jay have out when BIG was alive?

Stop acting like Jay was struggling to break through the whole time BIG was alive, but couldn't.. Then BIG died and we all suddenly flocked to Jay and he became this bigger than life rapper over night.

Common misconception by the uninformed and/or young..

How you compare 2 n*ggas who were never really even contemporaries?
 5 years ago '06        #137
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8936 8936
^

they were contemporaries bruh. jay-z is from the class of pac, nas, n big. #cutitout
 5 years ago '13        #138
space
space
 waytoomuch said:
^

they were contemporaries bruh. jay-z is from the class of pac, nas, n big. #cutitout
basically jayz had songs out in 89

He just struggled to find his "character" and "image", until BIG came on the scene and soon after he died

BIG brought attention back to NY in the mainstream, he had the limelight hogged, thus many NY rappers resented him, Methodman already said this.

BIG dying opened the door for many rappers to jack his swag, lyrics and lifestyle, and labels were all looking for a BIG replacement after he died.

A lot of wack/average rappers went plat after BIG died, rappers who wud not even have a record deal
 04-25-2013, 11:44 AM         #139
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Snoop is 100% correct all these wannabe "gangstas" and rappers who claim to be king of the rap game would not be on that level they are at today..

Jay put out quite a few good albums years back, but within the last 6 years or so. not what so ever. it's been spoken about years back even here on boxden how Jay-z copied everything about big. his style, even big's EXACT lyrics in quite a few of his songs.

As far as all these OTHER rappers who have emerged and claiming to be greatest of all time and or king..... wayne,rick ross, drake, i can name quite a few others as well. thats the reason i honestly have stopped listening to the alot of the newer rap.... sh*t all sounds the same and its all garbage at this point.

Give me ol school Pac,big, any Nas... today's artists are horrible.

Last edited by donmeca2020; 04-25-2013 at 11:47 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #140
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 waytoomuch said:
^

How?

His debut album dropped in 96..

Nelly got songs from 96' 97' before he blew up.. Let me guess, him and Big, and Pac are from the same class too?

Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy