Snoop Says Many Rappers Would Be Irrelvant If Pac and Big had Lived On..(Jay, Shyne, Ja, Etc.. Diss)

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #101
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
 DrX said:
no they wouldnt, i hate when ppl say that

pac and big would be washed up selling 90 k if they were alive
This. People need to look at the statistics of 90's rappers and their relevance in today's hip-hop scene. They're either hated on or struggling to stay afloat, Snoop included. You either die on top or live to see your career go down the drain.
 5 years ago '12        #102
noverum 
space
space
$2,877 | Props total: 1654 1654
 Chad09 said:
Makaveli would never be "Washed" up. Now Rick Ross 1.0 mby.
Did you really just call BIG 'Rick Ross 1.0'?
 04-25-2013, 03:06 AM         #103
BayArea51 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dee352 said:
Camel Warriors

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

04-25-2013, 03:11 AM         #104
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Snoop makes a good point and whether people like his opinion or not, his point is ultimately valid. Lets be honest... The only reason Jay popped was because of two reasons: Biggie passing and Jay at the time was look upon as someone that could fill the Biggie void that we all wanted and he certainly step up to the plate and gave us what we were looking for and he had to otherwise There would not be a Jay Z today. But if BIG was alive and especially biting Biggie as hard as he did or he is, do you think he could of gotten away with that? In one scenario yes, but he'll always run with that asterisk as being number two. And the second scenario he would it been called out and back in those days rappers and the media weren't biting their tongue so you know Jay would it caught mad sh*t for that and that could it k!ll his career. Unlike today, rappers back then pride themselves in being independent, aggressive and unique about their style and image and everybody was trying to be different from one rapper to the other and if someone was caught biting best believe all hell broke loose. Look at MC Hammer when he went gangsta... n*ggas back then gave that n*gga hell for it. That's why Jay Z couldn't do it when Big was alive... Because he knew that meant clearly career suicide going that route.

When it comes to Jay and many other rappers that came from that era imitating PAC or Big... Both dying was the best thing that happen to them... otherwise these n*ggas would it been lost in oblivion.

Last edited by bigbarcelona; 04-25-2013 at 03:14 AM..
 04-25-2013, 03:20 AM         #105
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kennypedia said:
Vol 1 sold 5 Mil...RD went double plat over a long time, but I think he would've been cohabitating for a while.

Pac and Big dying definitely altered the course of hip-hop history though. What happens with Mobb Deep and Nas, how do those diss songs go? Do they even beef over the same things? Crazy to think how the trajectory of the game goes even if just one of the two stayed alive.

Pac probably was gonna start making movies though, and I think Big wouldn't have changed with the times. Although who's to say the times wouldn't delay changing.
I think BIG would it changed. Lets be real, take a look at Life After death and Ready To Die. Two great albums, but clearly two different mindsets.
 5 years ago '11        #106
DsRueHz 
space
space
$926 | Props total: 14 14
Snoop is that n*ggah--*yeseastcoast*.
Snoop get play at any party I been too, white/black or otherwise.
There are times when sales doesnt translate to impact----da n*ggah is an ICON
 5 years ago '05        #107
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,829 | Props total: 3443 3443
like Snoops fu*king relevant anymo...
 5 years ago '05        #108
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,948 | Props total: 6186 6186
Big and Pac would get played out like everybody else. Nobody shine last forever. There is enough room in the game for everyone.
 5 years ago '10        #109
hoopslj 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 49 49
 eouia said:

Snoop COLD...always

Tha Last Meal was a hard CD. Had it when I was in like 8th or 9th grade. Snoop hasn't had a lot of "classic albums" but he's got a sh*tload of classic tracks, features, etc and definitely is one of a few artists that transcend th genre. I don't like his whole "movement" he's going in now, but don't act like your favorite rapper doesn't wish he was cool as snoop. Wiz, asap, none of these new n*ggas fu*kin with him. He didn't even get specific, he just stated an opinion which is probably true.
 5 years ago '04        #110
ImmortalGuru 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,557 | Props total: 662 662
 jhj26 said:
I'm still waiting on my nicca AZ to blow up!!!!! this nicca is the fu*kin G.O.A.T.!!! much better than Pac and BIG!!!!

Man, AZ's career might as well be over. Dude has been tryin to make it big since 1995, and hasn't been able to do a damn thing other than The Firm and Doe or Die.

5 years ago '10        #111
hoopslj 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 49 49
As I think of it, there's really no telling what woulda happened. I mean look at LL...
 5 years ago '10        #112
uddart 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
Jay stans are in denial

Root of Evil & TheMindOf is sitting behind the computers like

[pic - click to view]

Can you give it a rest and just accept it?

Even when RD dropped 3 months before Pacs death, no one was checking him until '98. Give it a rest stans

Last edited by uddart; 04-25-2013 at 07:38 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #113
Shizz|M 
space
space
$7,363 | Props total: 225 225
Yea alot of sh*t would of been different.
Yes Pac on the road to being a accepted SUPER STAR, movies & music, politics all that
Big would of honestly just been a Epic rapper, but we gotta remember Bad Boy's treatment of there artist. i can't 100% say big would of stayed with Bad boy throughout his career. Maybe maybe not, he might of Jump'd started his own thing, got down with Roc or RR. but RAP then would effect rap now. CASH Money might not have been as big as they where if pac or big died, the decline of creativity really started with the CMB and NO Limit, turn the whole game hip hop life style to a generic white tee. Ya'll don't understand how big that white Tee sh*t was. Not to many things would of been attempted if they continued to be at the top of the game. or maybe THE sh*t COULD BE WORSE HAHA
 5 years ago '10        #114
Billy Hoyle 
space
space
$2,133 | Props total: 621 621
Snoop that n*gga! Lol jay would've been a nobody!
 5 years ago '06        #115
Bk's Finest 
space
space
space
$926 | Props total: 42 42
I definitely don't think Pac would have fell off. Dude was a movie star, still making dope albums. The n*gga was 25 when he died and made better music with his time here then Jay-Z made with 40 something years.Biggie wouldn't have fell off either, The dude was larger than life before he passed. And who knows what would have happened had big and pac collaborated on something. And when Biggie died the vultures swooped down and took everything he had left. Jay-Z and Puff leading the wolf pack. It's sad but that's how the cookie crumbles. The west had snoop but he wasn't popping like that back then. Dude was running with no limit. So when he claims it would have been "US" three he's dead wrong, that n*gga must be smoking dust.
 04-25-2013, 07:58 AM         #116
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cats forget that Jay was big enough back then to merit Pac's attention....Miss me with the BS talk.
 5 years ago '06        #117
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8936 8936
^

i think bcuz of that jay coulda took big's spot n blew up earlier if pac wuz alive. bcuz if pac lived a little longer, we coulda definitely seen a 2pac vs. jay-z battle n jay-z wuz lookin 4 attention n the biggest sellin hip hop star of the year wuz knockin on his door. it woulda been interestin. but in order 4 jay 2 shine, he'd hav 2 win the battle. as a battle rapper, pac coulda destroyed jay's career bcuz pac wuz jus very disrespectful on the mic while jay prolly woulda been on sum lyrical s**t
 5 years ago '05        #118
kurtd225 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,539 | Props total: 398 398
based snoop with the words of truth
 5 years ago '06        #119
BigPervy 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,920 | Props total: 29 29
 HipHopFactz said:
The point he is making certain rappers would never have got their shine or beemn big as they are because Pac and BIG had the lanes covered and the game on lock, they overshadowed a lot of rappers.

Also Snoop is arguably the face of rap music since the 90's, everyone knows who Snoop is, and the fact he is still selling out arenas, being asked to perform for royalty and making music is a testament to his legend status. How many rappers from 1992 still are in the mainstream apart from Dr Dre....

Agreed. Must remember that a lot of this cats on here were born in the mid to late 90's and didn't realize that there were true legndary rappers before your Wiz Khalifa's or 2 Chains, or Lil Waynes. I agreed with everything Snoop said. Again he has a better knowledge of how things went down seeing how at that time he was in the top three sales wise with Pac and Big back when they were all alive.

But yeah Snoop came out in 91 with Dr. Dre, only person that was out rapping then and is relevant but not for rapping is Will Smith. Yes the actor and former rapper Fresh Prince.
 5 years ago '07        #120
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
Everybody knows Jay-z hopped on as a default. He never rose to the top. He was there when 2pac and BIG were there too but could never and would never see the light of day as long as those two were in the game. He only got his shine cause Pac and BIG died. He was always in their shadow. This applies to many rappers beyond Jay-Z though.
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy