Snoop Says Many Rappers Would Be Irrelvant If Pac and Big had Lived On..(Jay, Shyne, Ja, Etc.. Diss)

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
41 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
38 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '13        #61
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 Tha Problum said:
Prop a n*gga? That's not even from this year.

My bad G, this is it!

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

04-24-2013, 05:43 PM         #62
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all facts

jay is two or three years older then those n*ggas so why couldn't he pop when they were ?

why couldn't he pop when hip hop was made for poor inner city people ?

why did he blow once hip hop started being made for whites and suburban blacks ?

why did he blow once NY hip hop turned into dog sh*t ?
 5 years ago '11        #63
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,857 | Props total: 1454 1454
 palogee said:
At the people who started listening to Jay at hard knock life and drawing conclusions.

Pac had the west, but there was Dre and Snoop.

Big had the East, but Wu & Nas had people's attention respectively.

UGK, Eightball/MJG and an emerging Outkast had the south. Ghetto boys still got respect.

Twista/Bone had the midwest.

PERIOD. Every body else was coming off the Bench and couldn't hold a light to the names I just mentioned.
 5 years ago '04        #64
zcribe 2 heat pts
space
space
$539 | Props total: 77 77
 Lord Lovely said:

EDIT: Was with this n*gga until he said just us three. n*gga you only had one good album. Doggystyle. The rest of that sh*t was garbage. Jay x Pac x Big
Agreed. After Doggystyle Snoop was no where on the map.
 5 years ago '05        #65
BoxdenSleuth 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
$1,274 | Props total: 97 97
Problem with this is, Snoop putting himself on their level, and at the time he was close, yet he is still alive and now he's irrelevant. He didn't stop anybody from breathing or finding their lane, how do we know Pac and BIG wouldn't have faded away just like Snoop did?

Obviously no BIG death, means Jay Z would have been set back a bit, but I think most people who are on top today would still be on top.

Look at Snoop, LL Cool J, etc, etc. The top dogs of the past that are still alive haven't stopped anybody new.

Pac and BIG would be the age of the kids listening to music's parents, they wouldn't be that hot nowadays to the young generation. They're bigger now because they died and never aged, still 25 and timeless.
 5 years ago '13        #66
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436 OP
space
space
$31,055 | Props total: 38337 38337
 BoxdenSleuth said:
Problem with this is, Snoop putting himself on their level, and at the time he was close, yet he is still alive and now he's irrelevant. He didn't stop anybody from breathing or finding their lane, how do we know Pac and BIG wouldn't have faded away just like Snoop did?

Obviously no BIG death, means Jay Z would have been set back a bit, but I think most people who are on top today would still be on top.

Look at Snoop, LL Cool J, etc, etc. The top dogs of the past that are still alive haven't stopped anybody new.

Pac and BIG would be the age of the kids listening to music's parents, they wouldn't be that hot nowadays to the young generation. They're bigger now because they died and never aged, still 25 and timeless.
Snoop saying certain rappers ran with BIG and Pacs style, he's not talking about every rapper. Fact is certain rappers took BIG and Pacs lane, they got the spotlight pointed at them because two of the biggest rappers were taken away. Also lets not forget Pacs and BIGs death pushed hip hop further into the mainstream. Puff had the biggest hip hop record with I'll Be Missing You, then he had the No Way Out Album and sold 8 million records, all off BIGs death and also lunched other artists career using BIGs verses, image and voice.

deathrow had Top Dog who came out doing his best Snoop impersonation on All About You video, that was someone trying to hijack Snoops lane, and he failed.

Also you don't know if Pac and BIG wud have fallen off, fact is they were dropping back to back classics, something Jayz has never done. To this day Jay is still quoting rhymes BIG wrote in the 90's, now imagine had BIG lived another 10 years, how many lyrics he wud have left Jayz to bite.

Song for song Pac and BIG made better music, that's just a fact, we can bring up singles or albums
 5 years ago '11        #67
bobby doobie 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 250 250
Jay z always been boring to me. I rather listen to people who been dead for damn near 2 decades. That says somthing about jay z' talent
 5 years ago '05        #68
BoxdenSleuth 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
$1,274 | Props total: 97 97
 HipHopFactz said:
Snoop saying certain rappers ran with BIG and Pacs style, he's not talking about every rapper. Fact is certain rappers took BIG and Pacs lane, they got the spotlight pointed at them because two of the biggest rappers were taken away. Also lets not forget Pacs and BIGs death pushed hip hop further into the mainstream. Puff had the biggest hip hop record with I'll Be Missing You, then he had the No Way Out Album and sold 8 million records, all off BIGs death and also lunched other artists career using BIGs verses, image and voice.

deathrow had Top Dog who came out doing his best Snoop impersonation on All About You video, that was someone trying to hijack Snoops lane, and he failed.

Also you don't know if Pac and BIG wud have fallen off, fact is they were dropping back to back classics, something Jayz has never done. To this day Jay is still quoting rhymes BIG wrote in the 90's, now imagine had BIG lived another 10 years, how many lyrics he wud have left Jayz to bite.

Song for song Pac and BIG made better music, that's just a fact, we can bring up singles or albums
I am one of the biggest Pac fans around, so you're not going to find an argument from me. They easily made better music, but BIG made two records. They were stellar, but kind of repetitive in subject matter. Would he have stayed fresh after 10 albums? I don't know.

Pac's unreleased sh*t is better than many live artists best, look at UTEOT and BD which both, despite bad remixes, had some crazy cuts. But still, how much would people care about him today, especially the young generation if he was still alive?

Much of the reason the younger people listen to them, and show them love is because they're dead and infamous as a result. LL Cool J had a decline in music quality, but he still makes some good records nobody cares about. Would BIG and Pac be much above him in terms of current stature? I don't know.
 5 years ago '13        #69
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 bigree61 said:
all facts

jay is two or three years older then those n*ggas so why couldn't he pop when they were ?

why couldn't he pop when hip hop was made for poor inner city people ?

why did he blow once hip hop started being made for whites and suburban blacks ?

why did he blow once NY hip hop turned into dog sh*t ?

Some good questions asked here.

I wonder what yall got to say about this.

Jay ended up blowing up and using the same people that helped him as foot stools. *cough cough* (Jaz-O)

But what happened to Jay back when Big was rapping.

Did he have anyone to use as foot stool at that time.

I don't think so.

If he tried in them days I think someone would have pulled them toys out and I aint talking Gameboy advanced
 5 years ago '11        #70
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,558 | Props total: 9462 9462
@ this, first snoop says it would be just them 3, sh*t maybe if they all squashed the beef and made music together to carry snoop...snoop hasn't been sh*t since the 90s. Not to mention jay and big would have been doing commission albums while jay was dropping solo albums, that would have been even better if they were still around.

Last edited by whothebestmc; 04-24-2013 at 06:32 PM..
 5 years ago '13        #71
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436 OP
space
space
$31,055 | Props total: 38337 38337
 BoxdenSleuth said:
I am one of the biggest Pac fans around, so you're not going to find an argument from me. They easily made better music, but BIG made two records. They were stellar, but kind of repetitive in subject matter. Would he have stayed fresh after 10 albums? I don't know.

Pac's unreleased sh*t is better than many live artists best, look at UTEOT and BD which both, despite bad remixes, had some crazy cuts. But still, how much would people care about him today, especially the young generation if he was still alive?

Much of the reason the younger people listen to them, and show them love is because they're dead and infamous as a result. LL Cool J had a decline in music quality, but he still makes some good records nobody cares about. Would BIG and Pac be much above him in terms of current stature? I don't know.
LL decline came during the mid 90's when he started rocking shiny jump suits, I remember Pac mentioning it in a interview, that maybe one day he might have to wear them. There was a dip in the quality of music by LL, also the gangsta rap genre made certain rappers irrelevant, that era ran right into the mid 00's.

Pac somehow was able to dip from conscious to gangsta as he had already first established himself as a conscious rapper and then he had his party songs and then he had his gangsta songs, he was one of the only few rappers to have success in all lanes.

LL struggled to keep up and he was left behind, also he moved in to movies and TV shows during the 90's and had success.

Musically Pac and BIG were hungry, and there were no signs of them falling off.

I think the game wud be in a better shape had the lived and the landscape in terms of which rappers got put on wud be a lil different and some rappers wud simply have missed the bus.

Snoop is talking from his own prospective and saying what a lot of people tend to say, he's been in the game a long time, met everyone and knows how everything works behind the scenes, so u gotta respect his knowledge.
 5 years ago '12        #72
LordOfExistence 6 heat pts
space
space
$491 | Props total: 10 10
 Root Of Evil said:
took jay 2 years to blow up after his debut

it took pac 4 after his

yep jay would have been irrelevant

Snoop blew up over a full year after his debut
 5 years ago '10        #73
bbqslap 
space
space
$2,128 | Props total: 278 278
Pac and Big were definitely the most popular of their era...but it wasn't like other rappers couldn't breathe back then. Alot of people were selling records. Jay would have eventually broke thru...as others have since.
 04-24-2013, 06:57 PM         #74
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JickBangz said:

Some good questions asked here.

I wonder what yall got to say about this.

Jay ended up blowing up and using the same people that helped him as foot stools. *cough cough* (Jaz-O)

But what happened to Jay back when Big was rapping.

Did he have anyone to use as foot stool at that time.

I don't think so.

If he tried in them days I think someone would have pulled them toys out and I aint talking Gameboy advanced

they have no answers

all they know is what they have been sold and told
 5 years ago '07        #75
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,677 | Props total: 1338 1338
 Kingpin 313 said:
Pac first album dropped in 91 he blew up in 93 when I get around and keep ya head up dropped

91 to 93 is 4 years?
you forgot about Brenda's got a baby from the 2pacalypse now album
 5 years ago '08        #76
Money Noel 
space
space
space
$159 | Props total: 2 2
 onlybuilt1906 said:
n*ggas still in denial about Jay-Z damn near being the greatest American artist of all-time, let alone rapper.
This
 5 years ago '04        #77
cuzjuan 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,166 | Props total: 545 545
 HipHopFactz said:
The point he is making certain rappers would never have got their shine or beemn big as they are because Pac and BIG had the lanes covered and the game on lock, they overshadowed a lot of rappers.

Also Snoop is arguably the face of rap music since the 90's, everyone knows who Snoop is, and the fact he is still selling out arenas, being asked to perform for royalty and making music is a testament to his legend status. How many rappers from 1992 still are in the mainstream apart from Dr Dre....
Last edited by HipHopFactz; Today at 02:20 PM..

BIG had Jayz lane covered that's a fact, it took BIG to die for Jay to blow

Snoop been in the game to long and done seen it all and he speaking as an OG, certain bx nerds just cant handle the truth
str8 up the real n*ggas kno.... i thought he was reaching a bit with him saying just them 3 but after reading some points you mans made... theres no arguing at the time... snoop was definetly top tier rap superstar since day one.... any one denying that is delusional!
 5 years ago '07        #78
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,677 | Props total: 1338 1338
I'm still waiting on my nicca AZ to blow up!!!!! this nicca is the fu*kin G.O.A.T.!!! much better than Pac and BIG!!!!

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #79
shawndx 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$470 | Props total: 233 233
Pac was special... Cant duplicate that...
Big Had his own lane, and Jay was definitely second fiddle... However, that is not to say that Jay wouldn't have made it... But it would always be in the shadow of biggie if he was alive...

That being said lest we forget about Big L and even Eminem who made his own lane... So can't say that pac and big would have been the only kings of hip hop, but Jay wouldn't be if biggie was alive...
 5 years ago '12        #80
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,759 | Props total: 22136 22136
 jhj26 said:
I'm still waiting on my nicca AZ to blow up!!!!! this nicca is the fu*kin G.O.A.T.!!! much better than Pac and BIG!!!!

Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
34 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
70 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
241 comments
2 days ago